office install error

I just bought my first Mac (a powerbook) and love it, but am having
trouble installing Office 2004.  I originally installed it, but for
some reason it installed it as the 30 day demo version.  Thinkin that I
didnt pay full prize for a demo, i dragged the office folder to the
trash and emptied it, after using the remove office application.  Now
everytime i install it using the assistant the actually apps such as
word and excel dont appear in the folder.  And if i just try to drag
office to the harddrive to install it gives me an error about now being
able to copy Ms Mincho, a font i believe.  How can i install it
properly?

In article <1122561104.697688.11360@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "cribedreher" <cribedreher@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just bought my first Mac (a powerbook) and love it, but am having
> trouble installing Office 2004.  I originally installed it, but for
> some reason it installed it as the 30 day demo version.  Thinkin that I
> didnt pay full prize for a demo, i dragged the office folder to the
> trash and emptied it, after using the remove office application.  Now
> everytime i install it using the assistant the actually apps such as
> word and excel dont appear in the folder.  And if i just try to drag
> office to the harddrive to install it gives me an error about now being
> able to copy Ms Mincho, a font i believe.  How can i install it
> properly?

now that things are properly confused, your best bet is to run the
Remove Office application on the install CD, and remove any Office 2004
items, especially Test Drive (which should have been removed before you
installed the regular copy).

Next, I'd recommend running the Disk Utility (Applications:Utilities:)
to reset disk permissions.

Then install Office 2004, and use the Microsoft AutoUpdate application
to apply the updates. Then reset disk permissions again.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/28/2005 3:01:32 PM
Huh, don't know.

It probably installed as the demo version first because the pb came with the
demo version and you didn't remove it before installing the real version (as
is advised, rather covertly).  Presumably you have now run the remover a
couple times and it can't find anything to remove?  Although it sounds like
the remover may not have worked in the first place, since there should not
have been an office folder for you to trash yourself after running it.

Also try repairing permissions (see below) and rebooting.

If that still doesn't help, try calling MS--the message about the bad font
is reminiscent of a known issue that suggests a bad batch of CDs--but I'm
not suggesting that first because your error symptoms don't exactly match.

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office/browse_frm/
thread/d2333d1940bbbc0a/a90dd149ba1f9895>
Installation calls should be free, and there should be a number somewhere in
the CD, I think.

Glad you are enjoying your first Mac!

Repairing permissions is a standard part of OS X maintenance and is detailed
somewhere on this page (under disk issues).  For any Mac program, testing
for damaged preferences is also a standard Mac troubleshooting tip, by the
way, also explained on this page:

The standard Word troubleshooting measures, which you will find listed here:
http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/TroubleshootingIndex.htm
(hit refresh a few times in Safari, or use a different browser)

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
7/28/2005 3:20:33 PM
On 2005-07-28 08:31:44 -0600, "cribedreher" <cribedreher@gmail.com> said:

> I just bought my first Mac (a powerbook) and love it, but am having
> trouble installing Office 2004.  I originally installed it, but for
> some reason it installed it as the 30 day demo version.  Thinkin that I
> didnt pay full prize for a demo, i dragged the office folder to the
> trash and emptied it, after using the remove office application.  Now
> everytime i install it using the assistant the actually apps such as
> word and excel dont appear in the folder.  And if i just try to drag
> office to the harddrive to install it gives me an error about now being
> able to copy Ms Mincho, a font i believe.  How can i install it
> properly?

According to the Apple site, the trial version comes pre-installed on
the Powerbooks. So that's probably what started your problems. Hope you
get them sorted out!

Enjoy your new Mac.

--
Walt Basil
www.basilweb.net

0
Walt

Outlook 2000 error message
Whenever I try to start Outlook 2000, I get this error message. "An OLE registration error occured. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." Then when I click the OK button, Outlook closes. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express, but this error wont go away. Any help would be much appreciated. I am running Windows NT. Thanks Are you logged on with Administrative rights when installing Outlook? >-----Original Message----- >Whenever I try to start Outlook 2000, I get this error >message. "...

Client dex.ini file install
What is the best "clear-cut" directions for installing the dex.ini file into each user's profile in a terminal server? We are using GP version 8 and are having nightmares with security rights and printer defaults changing on thier own. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The GP consultants can't help us either. You can pass the path for the Dex.ini to be used to the Dexterity Runtime when you launch Great Plains. If you look at the shortcut for Great Plains you will see that it has the path for the Dynamics.set launch file passed the to Dynamics.exe runtime. You can also add the pat...

SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread
Please help me resolve the error listed below that I received yeseterday from one of my SQL Server 2005 database servers. Error: SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to process a new login or connection. Thanks, Joe K. (JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Please help me resolve the error listed below that I received yeseterday > from one of my SQL Server 2005 database servers. > > Error: > SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to > process a new login or connection. That looks bad. Do you ...

MSCRM 1.2 Installed over companyweb
I installed MSCRM on SBS 2003 and the website installed over companyweb (Sharepoint site), how do I get this back? Hi McKenzie, There is no easy way of going back. The easiest would be to restore a backup if you do make those. Otherwise you will need to backup your data in the sharepoint databases and reinstall SBS. Lets hope you did make backups :) Kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "McKenzie" wrote: > I installed MSCRM on SBS 2003 and the website installed over companyweb > (Sharepoint site), how do I get this back? If I am not mistaken you can find...

Repeated promt by Windows Update to install driver
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and despite having installed this 7 times, I keep getting the following driver appearing in the Windows Update list of optional drivers, anyone any idea how to fix it? Many thanks. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft driver update for HP Photosmart 2570 series Download size: 11.4 MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect. Update type: Optional This driver was provided by Microsoft for support of HP Photosmart 2570 series More information: http://winqual.microsoft.com/supp...

Smart tag installation problem
I try to install smart tag manager and get error About to check for the system directories. About to get the parameters from the file parms.txt. About to connect to the server. Unexpected Error Occurred in clsSQLDMO:ConnectToServer ErrorNumber=429 ErrorDescription=ActiveX component can't create object ErrorSource=OXPSTMDBInstaller LastDllError=0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- About to check for the system directories. About to get the parameters from the file parms.txt. About to connect to the server. Unexpected Error Occurred...

Office apps won't open, report Office in use by another use
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel A few days ago, our Office applications started showing the report that "An Office program is being used by "user." your installation exceeds the number of installations permitted by thelicense agreement. Click More Information to learn about Microsoft Office licensing." But OFFICE ISN'T BEING USED BY ANYONE. All computers have been restarted to no avail. HELP! <sakas@officeformac.com> wrote: > A few days ago, our Office applications started showing the report that > "An Office p...

Slow responce of cash drawer OR printer error
Hi every one. Some time the cash drawer response is very slow. Sometimes the cash drawer opens, but the receipt doesn't print. The computer searches for a while and then at the end it displays an error message. I have TM88IV & APG Cash Drawer, using OPOS driver, using Microsoft RMS 2.0 with Windows Vista. if any body have some idea please help me Thanks in advance I have the same experience but with a SureMark 4610 - TF6 Any ideas? Kyle "Akbar Mian" <AkbarMian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22EF9D16-A753-4FEF-A199-A232F571EFFD@microsoft...

MS crm outlook for sale. Off-line mode
Hi, MS crm outlook for sale reported a error if jimp to off-line mode. In Event viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044106. Error Message: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044106. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessReques...

Error Message Exiting Outlook
I keep getting an error message when exiting Outlook 2002. It says "Microsoft Visual Basic" in the title bar and the text says "Compile error in hiddne module: AutoExit". What's causing that? I don't use Outlook for email, but had to set up an account to be able to change the store folder to link to my previous files saved on another drive. I don't know if that has anything to do with it... ...

the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation
When I try to install Office 2000 disk 2 I get the above message. I'm signed on as Administrator, I've set all the policies, I can install any other program (including disk 1), and I've tried setting up another user with administrator priveledges. I'm using W2k, svc pack 4. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ed As in the Office newsgroup. -- As in Publisher "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message news:#0Grj553DHA.1752@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > As in the Office newsgroup. > > -- > > ...

Outlook 2003
Help! I have followed all the instructions from Microsoft but I continue to get this message and am now not getting any email. I have also checked with Bellsouth and they haven't been able to help. You may try reading on the following articles and see if one fits: OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0f When Receiving and Sending E-Mail http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813514&Product=ol2002 OL: "Server Has Unexpectedly Terminated the Connection" Error Message If You Start Outlook or Outlook Express: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;e...

Report Server Error 11-12-07
Good afternoon All No report is running, I just get Invalid object name errors, not sure what too do, have just finished redploying server and SQL does run on the same server. We may have overwritten Report Server database with previous after creating a new domain. Can I just uninstall Report services and reinstall to get it working, cannot create invoices so customers are happy at the moment. All help most appreciated. john Dear see http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2005/07/ms-sql-reporting-services-reports-for.html -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.bl...

Office Clipboard in Office 2007, Windows 7
Hi all, I have a user that for a long time has been using Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 for photo management, and Word for creation of reports with his photos. This weekend, I upgraded him to Windows 7, and as part of the process upgraded him to Office 2007 SP2, up from the original release. Along the way were several other office updates as well. His original workflow was to crop the photos to his liking in the photo editor, then copy them and paste them directly into his word document. I had seen him do this in past while looking at other issues in word, and it worked. H...

Recovery problems after installing KB979970 (2007 QFE rollup)
Hello, since we have installed the 2007 QFE rollup for DPM 2007 we have the following issue. When you look in DPM 2007 at the restore tab, en you want to restore a file from a protected server, we cannot select the current day. This problem only occurs when recovering files. When we want to restore a DB, DPM does show current day. and recovery is not a problem. I have looked at the settings in de protection group, but the settings are correct. (the same as before, when it did work) Has anyone seen the same problem? Thank you! ...

Error 0x8007007E and 0x8004210A in Outlook 2002 on TS session
Hello! I am not sure if this is an issue with Outlook 2002 or with Windows 2000 Terminal Server, so I posted to both newsgroups. Users are trying to use Outlook 2002 for their POP3 email while logged into a Windows 2000 Server Terminal Server. I know their POP3 provider runs their mail on his Windows Server 2003 Enterprise server, and I assume it is Exchange 2003. The TS server runs Symantec Antivirus 8, which does not have the email-scanning features on stand-alone NAV products (some articles said to disable email scanning). When Outlook 2002 is first opened while in a Windows 2000 Terminal...

Payroll Extensions won't install with 9.0
Has anyone been successfull installing Payroll Extensions with GP 9.0? I am receiving the error code 2755. Thanks. This is a known issue. Send an e-mail to me by clicking on my profile but take out the "nospam" portion. I'll send you a zip file with the chunk files in it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "INC" wrote: > Has anyone been successfull installing Payroll Extensions with GP 9.0? I am > receiving the error code 2755. > > Thanks. ...

runtime error
I have a runtime error. It says " Data source name not found and no default driver specific". Anybody have any helpful words? ...

Synchronization error in offline folder
My inbox is not synchronizing with my mail server when I connect and send and receive mail over my internet connection. This is a new occurrence. I have retrieved my mail this way for over a year with no similar problems. Error synchronizing folder 10:19:47 [80004005-501-50B-550] 10:19:47 The client operation failed. 10:19:47 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ...

Buffer Overflow Error
I can not get on my system because of a buffer overflow error titled "lsass. exe" Is there something I can do without having to re-image my hard drive and lose all my data? Please help The Local Security Authority Service is a critical Windows component. What happened to cause this problem? Can you access your system at all? You should post this in the Windows Admin newsgroup. Nue "Confuses" <u20196@uwe> wrote in message news:5de894e67636a@uwe... >I can not get on my system because of a buffer overflow error titled >"lsass. > exe" > > ...

Formatting H/D want to save office????
Hi, I am going to format my primary hard drive tomorrow, but first will save most everything to the secondary drive. I am running windows XP Pro and Office XP Pro, I am not a very technical person and wonder if there is any steps I can take to make the recovery of my e-mail address's/calendar and contacts easy after I re-install windows and office. Sometimes I have a hard time finding the wab and archived files. Any help appreciated Roo Yeah but I dont want it back the way it is, I intend cleaning out all the junk, just bring up what I need, and in a months time what I dont need, just...

Office 2004 Mainstream Support Has Been Extended two years!
Details on the MacBU blog: http://www.officeformac.com/blog/ -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp> ...

Outlook client error 12-20-04
One user is experiencing a problem with the Outlook client (web version is fine) (MS 1.2 Office 2003 XP security issue with hot fix installed). When opening Outlook and trying to access the CRM folders, he gets an error message saying that the server cannot be found. Cache has been cleared and the system has been restarted but still it doesn't work. Since he can access the web client, it is not because that he hasn't got a license. Is there anybody who knows this problem and how to solve it? We just went through this at my office. Here's what I would do, in order: 1) Clear ...

Error Message while using the send to option in Excel or Word
The message "Could not open one or more attachments" pops up whenever we use the "send to" option in Excel or Word. Any ideas why? What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer pating <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | The message "Could not open one or more attachments" pops | up whenever we use the "send to" option in Excel or Word. ...

Activesync Error 500 and FIX
So I'm attempting to fix the situation where my users' clients receive a 500 server error when using Exchange 2003 SP2 activesync. Article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=817379 states in step 20 of the resolution: "NoteExchangeVDir is case-sensitive. If you do not type ExchangeVDir exactly as it appears in this article, ActiveSync does not find the key when it locates the exchange-oma folder." (and implies that the entry does/ should not already exist. (This is an inherited system)) Problem is when I look in my registry what I see is "ExchangeVDIR&qu...