Office applications crash on one machine but not others

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

Word and Excel frequently crash on one of the three iMacs in our office. There is no pattern to this. The same 2004 version (different licenses and product keys, of course) on our other machines seem quite stable. Do we need to uninstall and re-install Office? [If we have to do this, how do we identify which product key relates to the troublesome machine? Also, how do we save and transfer the email database in Entourage].
0
DougalMac (1)

On 4/16/09 7:57 AM,  "DougalMac@officeformac.com"
<DougalMac@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Word and Excel frequently crash on one of the three iMacs in our office. There
> is no pattern to this. The same 2004 version (different licenses and product
> keys, of course) on our other machines seem quite stable. Do we need to
> uninstall and re-install Office?

I suspect some type of corruption. Testing in a new User will quickly tell
you if the problem is system wide or if it�s your User�s folder that
contains the problem. You can drag some test files to Shared to have
available for testing in the new User. Test first with new files to verify
that the problem does not exist in the new User. If those work, then drag
the files from Shared for testing. If they work, then it's in your User's
folder.

Fonts and caches come to mind as a good place to start. See this link for
help:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/crashes.html#_2_crashes>

Troubleshooting Your User Account for a Problem

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/test_user.html>

> [If we have to do this, how do we identify
> which product key relates to the troublesome machine? Also, how do we save
> and
> transfer the email database in Entourage].

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/version/license_version.html#locate>

Hope this helps!

--
Diane

Application.VLookup and External files
I want to use Application.VLookup to find values in an excel spreadsheet on a network. I'm not sure of the syntax, especailly the " or ' and !. Here is what I have: In Sheet1 of Book3.xls I have this in a vba module: Sub FindPrice() cells(a,1) = Application.VLookup("PRM 8018539",'\\myserver01\PRICE UPDATES\[IPRICE 1.xls]'!sheet1.range("B2",Range("C65536").End(xlUp)),false) End Sub Exactly as is returns Compile Error: Expected: expression ant the first single quote in front of myserver. If I change both single quo...

How do I get a page reduced to print on one page instead of tiles
I'm creating a publication that will be on 10" X 12" paper. The commercial printer I'm working with can't use tiles, but they could use a shrunken page printed on standard paper. How can I make each page take up one page instead of being tiled? -- Julia Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm creating a publication that will be on 10" X 12" paper. The > commercial printer I'm working with can't use tiles, but they could > use a shrunken page printed on standard paper. How can I make each...

out of office message 07-23-10
how do i place an out-of-office message on my windows live email acct? -- dbraun Windows Live what? This is a Windows Mail newsgroup. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "dbraun" <dbraun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86B18075-E96A-4988-9E98-B78958D9BB77@microsoft.com... > > how do i place an out-of-office message on my windows live email acct? > -- > dbraun It isn't recommended to do this from inside your mail client. However, most mail providers have a provision for an automat...

Excel interop crashes
Hello ! I am using interop assemblies to remote Excel2002 (XP) with c# and developed an application that fails only on one installation. Shortly after start I get an error from Excel (not from my Application) and I can only exit or restart Excel. But in the Background Excel continues executing some (not all) of my remote calls. In the EventLog I found the following Information: Faulting application excel.exe, version 10.0.6501.0, faulting module mso.dll, version 10.0.6626.0, fault address 0x000228d6. This only happens on remoted start of Excel. I do many operations with loaded data. Copyi...

Running OS 9.2.2 with Office X Installed
I have an ibook that I prefer to run on OS 9.2.2. I have Office 98 and Office X installed. Whenever I double-click a word, excel or ppt file, I get a message telling me I need to be running OS X 10.1 or later. The MS website says that the Mac OS looks for the latest version of an app, and therefore finds the Office X version. The workaround is to always open files from within and application, BUT THIS IS A HUGE PAIN. Can anyone suggest another workaround? Will uninstalling Office X do the trick? Thanks in advance! On 9/17/04 4:13 PM, in article BD70CBCC.150A%rgregory@NOSPAMPLEASEfoxan...

Two identical graphics, one visible in Draft view, the other not
A Word 2007 document contains several graphics (flowcharts) that were created in Visio (2003), copied to the clipboard (Ctrl-C), and pasted into the Word document (Ctrl-V). I have been working on this document for some time as well as others like it. I usually view these documents in Print View because the graphics are not visible in Draft View (they display as empty white space or the light blue field if selected). Today, I happened to shift to Draft View and discovered that most, but not all, of the graphics were visible. In one case, the same graphic was in the document twice r...

Outlook XP Out Office Not Available
When I click on the Out of Office assitant it says "This command is not available. See program documentation for assistance with how to use this feature" I used it last week, it was fine. No updates or service packs applied since. Any ideas? Rikk What happens if you remove and then reinstall the Exchange Extensions? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding n...

How to get the applications folder path
what is the VBA command to get the application folder path in mac office 2004? Can't be done in VBA: look in the AppleScript dictionary. On 4/12/09 1:09 AM, in article A72637CD-D311-45BE-AA70-7B5AE24CADC5@microsoft.com, "Mac Office Developer" <MacOfficeDeveloper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > what is the VBA command to get the application folder path in mac office 2004? -- The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay! John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Wo...

Office 2004 on Intel works, for a while, then apps will not launch
Hello all! I searched previous posts extensively before posting. But my problem does not seem to come from corrupted fonts or preferences. Problem : Office apps work fine after a reboot, but eventually, I become unable to relaunch them. I have to reboot again to get them to work. Details : MacBook Pro, 1gig of ram. Office 2004 11.2.6. OS 10.4.7. I'll open Entourage, work a bit, close it, and then I can't open it anymore. The splash screen does not even appear completely (white rectangle). Console gives : ***** Date/Time: 2006-08-09 12:03:11.089 -0400 OS Version: 10.4.7 (...

How do I print several sheets in a workbook as one file, making t.
Please post your question in the body of the message. It is truncated and we have to guess. My guess is that you simply need to select the tabs you want to print by clicking on the tab for the first sheet to print, then press & hold the Control key while clicking on the other tabs you want to print. When all are selected, click on the print button "aimeesue78" wrote: > my guess is you're looking for the report manager add-in (which allows for consecutive page numbers, different views / scenarios per sheet, differenet sheet order etc) ... in version 2000 it ...

My home key isn't working in Office 7 apps.
New computer: Windows 7: in Word & Excel 2007 the home key and end key are taking me to the beginning and end of individual lines, but not to the start and end of the document as in XP and Office 2003. Control home and end go to the top of the next or previous page. Home key functions properly in browser. Help! I need these keys to work. Thanks! Hi FSS, The Home and End keys (on their own) are working as they should - Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End should provide navigation to either end of the file. XP & Office 2003 was the same. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - ...

How do I put landscape and portrait pages in one publication? #2
Trying to put together two separate publications into one. But when I change pages to landscape it changes everything. Is there a way to just change select pages to landscape? Sam, Ed gave you the answer. Here's the same answer told a bit differently. Lets say the first 5 pages are portrait; create as wanted. Page six needs to be landscape. Looking at page six, go to File, Page setup and select Landscape. Build page six. Now go to File, Page setup and select Portrait. The work area has changed but the contents haven't and it's spilling over outside the work area. Grou...

Excel communicating to csharp application.
My Excel application, needs information that my chsarp application holds. My question is what aproach I can take to solve this issue. I'm really drawing a blank right now. Any help will be appreciated. Roger, It depends on which application is the dictator. If your c# application is the dictator, then open Excel using csharp by setting an object reference, and just write the information straight into Excel using a structure like oExcel.Workbooks( ).Worksheets( ).Range( ).Value = .... If you want Excel to be the dictator, then your c# application needs to have its object exposed...

Advanced Find in outlook aborts application
Operating System: Windows XP Microsoft Office professional 2000/Office 2000 for Windows XP Q. Whenever I attempt to use the advanced find function in outlook, outlook shutdown/aborts. Has anyone experience this problem and if so what was the fix? Thanks in advance. ...

Can both office 2007 and office 2003 operate at the same time
I just want to use both office 2007 and office 2003 while I am getting use to office 2007. Is it possible to run both on one computer? Is it possible? Yes. Is it a good idea? No. (And Microsoft recommends against it.) You are asking for configuration problems now and in the future. Unless you are interested in dual-booting or a virtual environment - and honestly, why bother - the wisest course of action is to take advantage of the enormous amount of instructional material available on the web. The 'old fashioned' method - a book - also works well. Besides, everyone...

Combining a few hundred excel files into one
Hi, I have tried a few macro codes for merging several similar excel files into one but all of them (the ones that actually worked) did not read the 'correct' worksheet withing the XLS. Can anyone give me a hint? Thank you so much!!! Alex Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm Try the add-in if you want it simple -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm <sasha.aguiar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182273642.260544.104270@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have tried a few macro codes for merging several similar excel files...

Restoring backup...password? Didn't have one to begin with
I'm trying to restore a backup file that I'd emailed myself...trying to get the info from home, to my computer at work.. Anyway, when I try to restore the backup file, I'm prompted for a password...The original money file did not have a password. Hence I can't get past the password prompt and the process fails at this point I'm using MMoney 2001 at work, not sure at home, could this be a problem Any help is appreciated... In microsoft.public.money, ugolfnut wrote: >I'm trying to restore a backup file that I'd emailed myself...trying to get the info from home, ...

Application error
Lately I have been getting the following error when I shutdown or restart my PC: {2(or whatever the number is) Reminders: OUTLOOK.EXE - Application Error The instruction at 0x6c6852d3 referenced memory at 0x6c6852d3. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.} The only changes to my PC have been MS updates. I have Office 2007 and Vista Ultimate Do you have Service Pack 2 for Office 2007 installed? (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en) Does this happen even if you start...

Transfer from one bank to another
I'm a new MSMoney user and just set up a new bank account. I wrote a check from one existing account to the new account in a different institution. How should I catagorize the transfer of funds? MSMoney, in the budget tracking, etc. seems to show the the transfer as income (but to me it's not new dollars). Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, PMHicks wrote: >I'm a new MSMoney user and just set up a new bank account. I wrote a check >from one existing account to the new account in a different institution. How >should I catagorize the transfer of funds? ...

Linking errors with MFC Dialog Based application and Crypto++
Hi, For quite long now I've been trying to get the Crypto++ ([url]www.cryptopp.com[/url]) library working with a simple MFC Dialog Based application. The strange thing is that a Win32 console application links and works fine with the same settings :-| Here are the errors I'm getting: > > --------------------Configuration: dialog - Win32 > Debug-------------------- > Linking... > LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: __thiscall > std::ios_base::Init::Init(void)" (??0Init@ios_base@std@@QAE@XZ)" > imported > LINK : warni...

Business Contact Manager for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 ?
Is this part of OL 2003 or a seperate purchase? Is it available now? See the 'How to Buy' section in this URL: http://www.microsoft.com/office/outlook/contactmanager/prodinfo/default.mspx Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager is available. "red" <red@rum.com> wrote in message news:OP9uyUHrDHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is this part of OL 2003 or a seperate purchase? Is it available now? > ...

Installing paid upgrade version of Microsoft Office 2007 on Vista PC with original Office XP
Hi, I had purchased a full version of Microsoft XP Professional a few years ago. The previous laptop on which this was installed was irrecoverably broken. I have a new laptop which came pre-installed with Vista. I had been using the 60 day trial version of Microsoft Office 2007 which recently expired. I have bought the CD version of an Upgrade for Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Microsoft Office 2007 - Home and Student Edition as I have Office XP CDs. Having reviewed the threads on the forum and other information on the internet, I understand that the sequence of uninstalling and inst...

Please Help!!! Error Connecting POS to MS Office Accounting
I have just installed MS POS 2.0 on my machine which will serve as my register. I have MS Office Accounting 2007 installed on another computer. I am now trying to integrate the two together and am receiving the error message "Could Not Connect To Office Accounting 2007". I have set Accounting up for multi-user and I have run the Office Accounting Integration on the Office Accounting computer. I've set the password (and double-checked it). I can browse to the file in POS. POS properly displays the computer name and the company name. I click 'Next' and get the prompt...

access 97 with office 2007
I am currently using Access 97- If I install Office 2007 will I be able to use my Access 97 application with access 2007. Or can I just use my old application with my old Access 97 on the same PC that has Office 2007? Just like Access 2000, 2002 and 2003, Access 2007 cannot modify an Access 97 MDB file. You need to convert it to at least a 2000 version MDB to develop it further in Access 2007. And naturally enough, Access 97 cannot use the 2000-version MDB file. You can use both A97 and A2007 on the same computer, provided you do a custom install. (The default install removes previous...

Lost Contacts After Upgrade from Office 2003
A little background. I'm was using Office 2003 (no Exchange server). I have two separate .pst files (one for personal, one for my company). Before my upgrade from Office 2003 to 2007, I had hundreds of contact organized in several folders under my contacts lists that lived in both pst files. After the upgrade, I can't all to find them. The really odd thing is some of them show up. Does anyone have any ideas where they would have gone? Thanks, -- Greg Wilkerson There where they always were. Upgrading does nothing to your Outlook data file. Did you back up the...