Office 2008 Setup Assistant still at 12.2.0 after 12.2.1 update

All,

Following what appeared to be a successful update to v.12.2.1 (I
downloaded the installer rather than use the autoupdater) I noticed
that version number for Microsoft Office Setup Assistant.app is still
12.2.0 (090605) although it does appeared that the modified date was at
the time that I did the upgrade.

Anyone get the same or know why Setup Assistant wasn't updated?

Thanks - J.

On 8/19/09 3:35 PM, in article
2009081923355116807-jonplsremove@sturtridgecom, "Jonathan Sturtridge"
<jon_plsremove@sturtridge.com> wrote:

> Following what appeared to be a successful update to v.12.2.1 (I
> downloaded the installer rather than use the autoupdater) I noticed
> that version number for Microsoft Office Setup Assistant.app is still
> 12.2.0 (090605) although it does appeared that the modified date was at
> the time that I did the upgrade.

Verify Office Files Were Modified
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/verify.html>

--
Diane

On 2009-08-20 00:45:56 +0100, Diane Ross <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> said:

> On 8/19/09 3:35 PM, in article
> 2009081923355116807-jonplsremove@sturtridgecom, "Jonathan Sturtridge"
> <jon_plsremove@sturtridge.com> wrote:
>
>> Following what appeared to be a successful update to v.12.2.1 (I
>> downloaded the installer rather than use the autoupdater) I noticed
>> that version number for Microsoft Office Setup Assistant.app is still
>> 12.2.0 (090605) although it does appeared that the modified date was at
>> the time that I did the upgrade.
>
> Verify Office Files Were Modified
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/verify.html>

Diane,

Thanks.  Quick follow question - does your Office 2008 Setup Assisstant
show version 12.2.1 or 12.2.0?

Thanks again - J.

On 8/20/09 4:50 AM, in article
2009082012502316807-jonplsremove@sturtridgecom, "Jonathan Sturtridge"
<jon_plsremove@sturtridge.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  Quick follow question - does your Office 2008 Setup Assisstant
> show version 12.2.1 or 12.2.0?

12.2.0

Not all applications in the suite are updated in an update, but the
Microsoft Component Plugin is always updated.

--
Diane

On 2009-08-20 20:30:49 +0100, Diane Ross <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> said:

> On 8/20/09 4:50 AM, in article
> 2009082012502316807-jonplsremove@sturtridgecom, "Jonathan Sturtridge"
> <jon_plsremove@sturtridge.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks.  Quick follow question - does your Office 2008 Setup Assisstant
>> show version 12.2.1 or 12.2.0?
>
> 12.2.0
>
> Not all applications in the suite are updated in an update, but the
> Microsoft Component Plugin is always updated.

Diane - thanks so much for that - problem solved.

J.

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Address book updating...

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Before Update on record select

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Looking for XPathReader 1.1
Where is XPathReader 1.1 available for download? I have 1.0 and found the 2005 MS announcement for 1.1 but the link was for godotnet which no longer exists. Nothing shows up in a search at the MS download center or Google. Bill ...

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Exchange update problem

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Please ignore #2

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

matching contents #2

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

CRM 1.2 12-02-05
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start the application if I log onto the server usind the server administrator account. If I try to access using a domain users account I just get a page cannot be displayed error, could somebody please help... Have you added the appropriate domain users as crm users using the deployment manager? "Redders" <Redders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80FF8B4-78F1-4334-ACB5-2F772F0CF3B6@microsoft.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start >...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...

reason codes #2
I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for discounts. However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report. HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)! ...