Office 2008 for Mac Development- AppleScript vs. VBA

I'm looking for some advice from anyone who has experience writing addons for PowerPoint on both Windows and Mac machines.

We have a Windows Office 2007 addon (.NET) that we'd like to port to the Mac.

Thus, in PowerPoint 2008 for the Mac, we require the following functionality:

Ribbon/Fluent extensibility
Custom Task Panes
Read/write custom document properties
Save slides as images
Read text and shape information from slides
Get notification of the following PowerPoint application events; SlideSelectionChanged, PresentationClose and AfterPresentationOpen.
I am hoping someone with experience writing Office addons for Windows and Mac, can advise.

Thanks
0
Gene

I can't install office it says the setup file is already running
I can't install office it says the setup file is already running. I installed office on my system a few weeks ago. now I get the error message, that says I should upgrade to SP2. But I thought I was running that and I have never had that message before on any system I have installed it on. Can someone tell me wat I am to do. So what happens if you run MS Update & install Critical updates? "Bighammo" <Bighammo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F30ADA-FA05-4A1F-83C7-4056D65971DB@microsoft.com... >I can't install office it says t...

Outlook 2003 and Office 2007
I was using Outlook 2003 configured with Exchange 2003 in the company. Recenty I installed MS Office word,Excel & Power point 2007 in the same pc. Now when a mail arrives to Outlook 2003, a message box with the following message pops up. "Please wait while windows configures Office 2007 Professional Plus" The order in which I installed Outlook 2003 and word,excel,ppt 2007 etc is by installing 2003 first. I would like to use Word,Excel & PPT 2007 along with Outlook 2003 in same pc with out any issues. Request your HELP Robin Not withstandi...

VBA Switching Between Macros
Hi, I have a lot of macros in my spreadsheet. And about 50% of the macros have variables that are passed through them, so for example the macros look like Macro1(x,y,z) rather then Macro1(). But usually to go to the code in a macro I look up the macro in the list on the toolbar. Bur these macros don't show up. Is there an easy way to go from one macro to the other's code. It is getting to be a pain searching through the different "modules" Thanks for your help What exactly is the problem? You can't see them in the list, but if they have parameters it presumabl...

How to update a link field with preserve format using VBA?
HI All, How to update a link field with preserve format using VBA? Anthony Without knowing more about what you are trying to do it is difficult to advise. You could for example switch to print preview and back or you could use the example code at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm both of which will update fields in your document. If, as your e-mail address suggests, this is a link to an Excel range then I suspect your concern may be more to do with maintaining the formatting than updating the field. That will depend on the type of link you have inserted. If you ...

Opening a window with VBA/storing data in a separate table
Hi all, First Question---- I have a third party application (Additional Inventory Fields in the ActNow series from Hawk Mountain) that currently is accessed from the Extra menu while in item maintenance. I have added a button to the item maintenance form and I am trying to figure our what VBA code I need to put in so that when the user clicks on the button that it launches the form that is currently accessed via the menu. This is not currently a VBA form but the window that comes with the application. I have tried to put an "OnUserChanged" event on the button with a FormName.Open...

Can't install Microsoft office small bus. ed. 2003 on new computer
My computer quit last week, so bought a new one. My old computer had Windows XP and my new one has Windows 7. My old computer had Works 8 on it and then the Office Small Business Edition 2003 upgrade. Tried to install these two on my new computer, Works installed ok but have had trouble with the Office. I first thought it had to do with it being Windows 7, but from what I've read that shouldn't be a problem. There was also a trial version of office 2007 on my new computer and I thought that maybe was a problem. I had trouble uninstalling that, but finally got it done. N...

PageFile on SBS 2008
Hi All, One of my client was asking me that one of the partition drive that I setup shows16GB is used, but cannot see the file. I told him that this file, pagefile.sys (16.2GB), is used for the virtual memory on the Window Small Business Server 2008. He doesn't need to worry to much about it since it is hidden. However, he insisted that this pagefile.sys must move to the Boot partition drive so that if we need to do a OS recovery, we use only the boot partiton for recovery. So my question is, should I configure the Window SBS 2008 System Properties, set the Performance Option...

microsoft office 2007 publisher
I think I deleted microsoft office publisher by accident. I went to open a document for school with microsoft word and it would not let me. How do I correct the problem? Valerie wrote: > I think I deleted microsoft office publisher by accident. I went to > open a document for school with microsoft word and it would not let > me. How do I correct the problem? ============================= I'm sure you are aware Publisher and Word are two different apps...what is the extension on the file you cannot open? -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Noti...

hebrew in office 2004 and 2008
hey can write in hebrew, however it makes a lot of problems. also, when i open a word document in hebrew it writes it from left to right instead right to left.<br> what can i do? sorry, no right-to-left support in MacOffice. Google for two programs called Mellel and Nisus Writer, and possibly NeoOffice. medic07@officeformac.com wrote: > hey can write in hebrew, however it makes a lot of problems. also, > when i open a word document in hebrew it writes it from left to right > instead right to left. > what can i do? I received and installed Microsoft Office for Mac yest...

Analysis Cubes for SQL 2008
I have a test environment running Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 and I'd like to install analysis cubes. However, the installation program that ships with GP 10 is for SQL Server 2005. Is there an update for Analysis Services on 2008? -- Charles Allen, MVP Chances are it may work just fine. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Charles Allen" wrote: > I have a test environment running Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 and > I'd like to install analysis cubes. Howe...

PPT 2008 (windows) and PPT 2009 (Mac) compatibility re: path anima
Greetings, I'm customizing a preso in PPT 2007 (windows) using a jpeg image that moves along a custom path. Nothing extravagant just a move upward to the left and down. Another slide I've got images behind a large image where each image (4 images) travel on your basic up path (no custom). When the person running PPT 2008 (Mac) runs the animation nothing happens - no animation at all. Can anyone shed some light on this - can't find any data about a problem. thanks > I'm customizing a preso in PPT 2007 (windows) using a jpeg image that > moves along ...

Installing Office 2007 over Office 2000
Hi My computer came with Office 2000 pre-installed several years ago. (I don't have a disc for it). I now have just recently purchased a complete version (not an upgrade) of Office Home and Student 2007. What I would like to know is, is it a simple matter just to install Office 2007, and the installation "Wizard" will do what is necessary or, do I need to uninstall any part of 2000 for it to perform correctly? I have searched other questions about this but I am a little confused with the answers I read, (my 71 year old brain gets confused easily these days.) I ...

Development books for outlook
Hi, Can anyone reccommend any books for Outlook 2000. I'm mainly interested in Outlook forms, but information on how they work accross the network etc etc would be helpful. Thanks for help Dave Take a look at www.outlookcode.com Sue Mosher, the owner of the site and an Outlook MVP, has also written books about it. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "dht" <dht@rem.ove.no.spa.mwtbgroup.com> wrote in message news:2rq8meF1dniohU1@...

MAC client Migration to SBS
Hi! I support an office with Windows and Mac client computers. Joining the windows computers is a snap using 'connectcomputer'. I can connect the Mac's to the SBS domain using instructions I found on smallbizserver.net, but this results in a new Mac userid being created. Does anyone know how I can either (a) connect an already existing userid on the Mac to the SBS domain (b) Migrate the settings from the old userid to the new (files; desktop icons; preferences etc etc) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Details: Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 SBS 2003 R2 This i...

Callout development
Hi Guys, I am trying to install the SDK sample callout. Using VS2005 I compiled the DLL and moved the code and the callout.config.xml to the right directory. When invoking the callout the system sends an eventlog entry and a message appears on the screen: The format of the file xxx.DLL is invalid. I think the problem relates to the different .NET framework versions. Please give me a hint... Thanks Zoltan Indeed, callouts need to be written in .NET 1.1. -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Szigethi, Zolt´┐Żn" <zszigethi@hotmail.com> wrote in me...

Upgraded both of my macs to Office 2004 and wish I could have Office x back! Any help?!?!
Hi, I am running a G5 Imac 1.8Ghz and a G4 Powerbook 1.5GHz and have been happily running office X on both machines for as long as I've owned them (1 and 2 years respectively) Before the Pbook, I also had an I book running Office X for 18 months with no troubles. I just installed Office 2004 2 weeks ago, and am consistently noticing, on both machines, serious system slowdown over the course of the day. To the point where, by mid-afternooon, my system needs to be restarted. The symptoms are identical on both macs (naturally the Pbook runs even slower than the G5 as these problems advan...

Using Outlook 2003 with Office XP
I have gone through multiple messages regarding the use of Outlook 2003 and the remaining components of Office XP, but I am unable to get a clear cut answer regarding their compatibility, recommended installation flow etc. I am using an authoring systems which requires Word Xp and Powerpoint XP, however I'd like to be able to use Outlook 2003 (the authoring system does not require a specific Outlook version!). My questions are: (i) Can I install Office XP without the Outlook component (i.e., Word, Powerpoint etc.), and following that install just the Outlook component from the Off...

2008 upgrade
If there a roll back option after upgrading windows 2003 to 2008/r2?. After upgrade i see an option in the boot menu to boot into the previous OS, what is the useful for.? ...

vs 2010 Premium
Hi all, Our original system is developed using ".Net Framework, version=v2.0" and I used vs 2005 Team Suite as development tool. About one month ago, one of our developers upgraded the development tool to vs 2010. But the project in the system is still targeting ".Net Framework, version=v2.0". So I installed vs 2010 premium on my computer. However, when I opened one solution file, it pops up a "Project Target Framework not installed" windows. The message states that "The web project XXXX is targeting ".netFramework, Version =v2.0", ...

XMLReader vs Multi tables
Hi, Does XMLReader supports multi tables returned from a SQL Server Stored Procedure? Ex: Begin Select 1 .. FOR XML AUTO Select 2... FOR XML AUTO Select 3... FOR XML AUTO End Thanks for your help, -- Sylvain Audet - MCP+SB Visitez les astuces .NET sur dotNET-fr.org http://www.dotnet-fr.org/sections.php3?op=listarticles&secid=6 Thanks for your reply David, How can I retrieve a particular table then? Right now, I am able to retrieve the XML stream but I am only able to navigate one record (node) at a time just like if it was ONE table alone, and it seems to me ...

LaGarde StoreFront vs. NitroASL rmsWebLinX
My company is planning to use RMS for their point-of-sale system, and will also be using the Headquarters software to tie multiple stores together. We are planning on creating a virtual store which will hook into the RMS system. It is critical for us to be able to view the inventory from multiple distinct RMS installations (each store is a separate business entity). Our current shortlist of eCommerce software is Lagarde's StoreFront and NitroASL's rmsWebLinx. I've heard a lot about StoreFront, not all of it good. We would be purchasing the source code for it so we can custo...

Word 2000 (Office 2000 Small Business) and Windows XP OS
I installed Office 2000 Small Business on my Windows XP machine, and Word does not open successfully. It opens partially and then I get a "Progam has stopped responding" message. Is there a fix? Have you locally installed a printer driver and set it as the windows default printer? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Bill Crawford" <Bill Crawford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6CD8BB6-184B-4806-9BA4-0FAB5CB4055A@microsoft.com... > I installed Office 2000 Small Business on my Windows XP machine, and Word > does not open successful...

Out of Office message #6
Ok, I am confused. I turn on my out of office in outlook 2003 (running exchange 2003). It seems to work ok. I close outlook and reopen it, I get the message saying out of office is on, would you like to turn it off, I say no, don't turn it off. I log off, then log back on, open up outlook, but do not get the warning that out of office is on, until I select tools out of office assistant. Then the out of office screen comes up saying out of office is on.... How do I make it automatically come up? When you closed Outlook did you verify that the outlook.exe process indeed stopped?...

Office 2000 running in XP Problems
Since moving to XP I have issues with OUTLOOK 2000. Sometimes a newly generated email leaves my machine and becomes lost in the ethera. It doesn't save a copy in Sent, and seem to not have anthing to do with whether its a reply or has an attachment, or anything else. Yes, I called tech support (in INDIA!) and they/he was little help. When the follow-on quality guy called, he was even less help, but said someone would call . . . that was days ago! So . . . anyone have any ideas how to solve this buggaboo? Thanks! Stephen ...

microsoft office upgrade from 04 to 08
does each license entitle you to load it on one family computer or can the whole house use the same license for all their computers for Microsoft office 08? The whole house CANNOT use the same license (by license I mean the code you use to install it, the Product Key on a yellowish sticker on the CD case). It's basically one license per person--you are actually allowed to use the same license on both a laptop and a desktop, but not if your daughter is using the laptop in her bedroom, while you use the desktop in the living room. If you use the desktop at home and the laptop while t...