Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

I'm trying to update Office 2004 on my brand new iBook. I installed
Office 2004 from the CD without incident. Then I downloaded SP 11.1.1.0
and 11.1.0 (which according to the MS website is to be installed 1st.)
When I try to install, I received a message, "An error prevented the
update from completing 11002:2,-14" The "Read Me" file indicates
several potential explainatins/solutions none of whice are relevant
except for uninstalling Office and then reinstalling it. I tried
dragging the Office folder to the trash and reinstalled and am having
the same problem. I've tried deleting the download and redownloading
it. I've also downloadedit in both file formats. None of this has
worked.

Do any of you have any more ideas? I welcome your suggestions.

TIA!

0
clayton99 (1)

In article <1121390961.460252.327020@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "acadiaphile" <clayton99@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to update Office 2004 on my brand new iBook. I installed
> Office 2004 from the CD without incident. Then I downloaded SP 11.1.1.0
> and 11.1.0 (which according to the MS website is to be installed 1st.)
> When I try to install, I received a message, "An error prevented the
> update from completing 11002:2,-14" The "Read Me" file indicates
> several potential explainatins/solutions none of whice are relevant
> except for uninstalling Office and then reinstalling it. I tried
> dragging the Office folder to the trash and reinstalled and am having
> the same problem. I've tried deleting the download and redownloading
> it. I've also downloadedit in both file formats. None of this has
> worked.
>
> Do any of you have any more ideas? I welcome your suggestions.

First, now that you've deleted the Office folder, I'd recommend running
the Remove Office application (which you'll find in the

    CD:Microsoft Office 2004:Additional Tools:Remove Office

folder. That's always the safest way to remove Office.

Now, the way I've found most bulletproof is to

1) reinstall Office using the installation wizard
2) Fix System Permissions using the Disk Utility App found in your

    HD:Applications:Utilities:

folder.
3) Update Office using the

     Microsoft AutoUpdate.app

application installed in your HD:Applications folder
4) Fix System Permissions again.

However, you can instead use the 11.1.0 and 11.1.1 updaters, in that
order, instead of Step 3.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Displaying time from 00:00 to 0.00
I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been passworded so I can't crack it. :) I want to be able to write (van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time) 7.25 11.25 4.00 Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords):cool: -- North for Short ------------------------------------------------------------------------ North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Out-of-office twin replies

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Exchange 2003 SP1 install problems
I am trying to install SP1 for Exchange 2003. I cannot seem to get past the "Component Selection" window (which is right after the License Agreement window. No matter what components I do or do not select I do not have the option to select the "Next" button to continue. Anyone else experiencing the same or knows how to get around this. Thanks. Are you sure that you have installed the hotfix that is required for SP1? KB 831464? http://support.microsoft.com/?id=831464 Normally, when you are installing a SP, the action to be taken should be Update. If that option is...

wierd problem about using Resources
there's a customized resource type in my project which is written in vc2005, i named this type "XSLT" which in fact is associated with an external xslt file. here's it's conent: <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/ Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" cdata-section-elements=""/ > <xsl:param name="indent-increment" select="' '"/> <xsl:template match="*"> <xsl:param name="indent" select=&quo...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Printing Problem
When I print out my account information -- checks, payments, withdrawals, etc. -- the printer doesn't print the "cleared" or "reconciled" line. How can I get this line printed so I can have a permanent record of what has been cleared and reconciled? T I A. Please identify the report in question. Most transaction-centric reports can be customized to include or exclude cleared status. "John Savage" <j-a-savage@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:00bf01c39be5$631cbe30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I print out my account information -- checks, >...

How do I unhide row 1?
I have bee delivered a worksheet with Rows 1-9 hidden. How do I unhide these rows when I cannot select the rows on both side of the hidden area. Thanx. Select the whole worksheet, Ctrl-A, Format>Row>Unhide. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "DFL" <DFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3D5EA1-BB13-4735-BE03-0C26A3CDFBAB@microsoft.com... > I have bee delivered a worksheet with Rows 1-9 hidden. How do I unhide these > rows when I cannot select the rows on both side of the hidden area. > > Thanx. ...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

Problem writing Time-Out function
Alright this one might seem a little odd. Basically when I initialize my dialog I have to call a routine (RunSameThread) which unfortunately calls some functions set with a library (which I don't have the source code for) which may not exit. (Basically this call should initialize the COM port and send's some commands to a transceiver attached to the port, then wait for a response before returning). Now, if the transceiver is not hooked up (or turned on) the COM port initialization will go though, but the library function will sit in an infinite loop :( Thus, I am trying to write a t...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Money 2004 Deluxe only half starts
I just installed Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe on a Dell i8600 notebook with Windows XP Pro. Installation steps went ok but when I clicked on the Start/Programs/Microsoft Money 2004 it only "half started" or didn't completely load. Then mouse cursor would disappear behind the window and I had to use the task manager's end program to get out of it. I un- installed the program using the add-remove program in the control panel folder. Should I try and re-install the program? Thanks for any help! Jack In microsoft.public.money, Jack D wrote: >I just installed Microsof...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

installing outlook 04-25-10
I have just installed Mictosoft Office standard 2007 it works fine other than outlook I cannot get outlook to open---as it tells me "Microsoft Exchange in unavailable" I have then three options retry/work off line/cancel the Exchange Server settings my work (university of Washington) gave me do not work and the other two options result in the computer closing. What do I do now? On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 15:46:01 -0700, pjdunbar <pjdunbar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have just installed Mictosoft Office standard 2007 it works fine other than > outlo...

OWA Problem #10
I have lost the OWA site from IIS. Can't now login to exchenge remotely. Need some help on how to reinstall the Exchange site in IIS. Thanks "lost the OWA site"? Can you provide more detail, please? What version of Exchange server? What happens when you access http://servername/exchange? William Marcus wrote: > I have lost the OWA site from IIS. Can't now login to exchenge remotely. > Need some help on how to reinstall the Exchange site in IIS. > > Thanks > > ...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office�98 Macintosh Edition Entourage�2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

office xp
I have a soccer club database that weas created using access xp and I need to be able to run it on my home computer that uses office 2000. Certain parts of the database such as the listing of teams will not work. please adivse When you switch between database versions many times the new computer does not have the appropriate references set or is missing references it needs in order to run. Assuming you can open the database on your machine with Access 2000, you need to open the database and open the code editor window. Select Debug | Compile. Generally, a 2002 database won't run u...

Some serious Public Folder permission problems
Hello all, Apologies if this has been posted and corrected before. I found this news group via Google and have read a lot of peoples posts with similar symptoms but I haven't found the answer I'm looking for. Here we go: In Exchange Service Manager -> Servers -> MYSERVER -> -> First Storage Group -> Public Folder Store -> Public Folder Instances When I right-click on a Folder and select Properties, I come across the following error: The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist. Facility: Win32 ID no: 8007200a Exchange System Manager Now, I...