Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating:

"Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033>

After deleting the ".plist"s, restarting the computer, and opening an Office 2008, the Office Setup Assistant does not appear and there is no place to enter the product key that I have on my original Office 2008 installation disk.

Any suggestions on what to do or where to go to reenter a "valid product key?" Thanks!
0
kaptn70 (1)

1. remove "OfficePID.plist" from
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/

2. remove "Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist" from
~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2008/

3. reboot Mac

4. start any Office app. Setup restarting.
2. remove "Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist" from
~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2008/

cant do this step. I cant find the file. I dont know were to find the initial file which leads to the one that i need to delete
0
ebalari56 (1)
9/24/2009 2:26:28 PM
On 9/24/09 7:26 AM, in article 59b7d1a6.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"ebalari56@officeformac.com" <ebalari56@officeformac.com> wrote:

> 2. remove "Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist" from
> ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2008/
>
> cant do this step. I cant find the file. I dont know were to find the initial
> file which leads to the one that i need to delete

Open your User's folder (under the house icon)
You'll see your User's Library folder (~ indicates your user's folder)
In the User's Library folder open the Preferences folder.
In the Preferences folder look for the Microsoft folder.
The Office 2008 folder is in this Microsoft folder.

--
Diane

Exchange Calendar #2
If we schedule a meeting, no one can see anything on anyones calendar past 3/31/2004. Is there a setting to change this? ...

Fixed Allocation #2
We have about 40 departments. Currently, we allocate several expense items to these departments based on pre defined percentages. For example: 7130 Telephone is allocated to 40 Departments 7140 Utilities are allocated to 40 departments 7150 Office supplies are allocated to 40 departments. We have about 12 expense accounts that are allocated to the 40 accounts. The percentage table is same for all accounts and is updated once a year. My question is Becauase I have 12 expense accounts that allocated to 40 departments would I need to set up 12 fixed a...

All Day events cover 2 day
When I create an all day event or even an event that covers several days, it looks fine in monthly view if you look at it in a list view it spans over to two days. So when you sync your calendar your pda shows the event as 2 days. The default for an all day event is 12:00 am to 12:00 am is there a style sheet that can be changed to reflect an all day event to be 23 hours and 59 mins. Add the duration field to the view and you'll see they are only 1 day. If they spread over 2 days on the pda, check the time zone settings on the pda. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Out...

MX Records #2 #2
I would like to setup an MX record #2 of weigh 20 for another location - not on same domain or even same network. The goal is to hold mail in case that primary MX record / server is down. How do I setup the SECOND server for this setup? Thank you. On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:41:55 -0500, ">>Smith<<" <jjsmith@msn.com> wrote: >I would like to setup an MX record #2 of weigh 20 for another location - not >on same domain or even same network. The goal is to hold mail in case that >primary MX record / server is down. How do I setup the SECOND server for...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Date Subtraction #2
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K. I would like to enter a date in a cell (eg Oct-05) and have the preceding 11 cells automatically put the previous months in. Example: In cell A15 = Oct-05 (entered) In cell A14 = Sep-05 (automatically) In cell A13 = Aug-05 (automatically) In cell A12 = Jul-05 (automatically) etc etc etc Is there a formula that can do this? Any help will be much appreciated...thanks ! John On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:34:57 -0800, "John Calder" <JohnCalder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I run Win2K with Excel 2K. > >I would like to ent...

Out-of-office twin replies

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

How do I unhide row 1?
I have bee delivered a worksheet with Rows 1-9 hidden. How do I unhide these rows when I cannot select the rows on both side of the hidden area. Thanx. Select the whole worksheet, Ctrl-A, Format>Row>Unhide. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "DFL" <DFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3D5EA1-BB13-4735-BE03-0C26A3CDFBAB@microsoft.com... > I have bee delivered a worksheet with Rows 1-9 hidden. How do I unhide these > rows when I cannot select the rows on both side of the hidden area. > > Thanx. ...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

In which case, realloc returns NULL??? #2
hi pals, My win32 console application has allocated memory of 350MB in Memory usage column and 400MB in Virtual memory column. While reallocating a global variable , getting NULL if the size is too high (say 200MB). What is the maximum memory size that an application can use? What are the scenario, that realloc returns NULL. @ Shahul. "shahul" <shahul@chellasoft.com> wrote in message news:efYasx$UGHA.4608@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi pals, > > My win32 console application has allocated memory of 350MB in Memory > usage > column and 400MB in Virtua...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

ability to turn off associated price lists with products.
It is understood why it is possible to see all products when selecting different price lists. However, there should be an option to turn off/on a setting that allows you to separate price lists and their associated products when building quotes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&...

transfers #2
can any one help i need a report at store level for all transfers out by supplier just a list with supplier- date-po/trans number (with drill down ) thanks ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

Keyboard shortcut #2
Does anybody know of a keyboard shortcut for selecting the current region (ie the area of occupied cells surrounded by a rectangle of at least a single blank cell width)? Thanks. "Graham Slade" <graham.slade@wspgroup.com> wrote in message news:050101c37dd0$4ebd3c40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of a keyboard shortcut for selecting the > current region (ie the area of occupied cells surrounded > by a rectangle of at least a single blank cell width)? > > Thanks. CTRL+SHIFT+* I found this by typing "keyboard shortcuts" into Help. See this...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

office xp
I have a soccer club database that weas created using access xp and I need to be able to run it on my home computer that uses office 2000. Certain parts of the database such as the listing of teams will not work. please adivse When you switch between database versions many times the new computer does not have the appropriate references set or is missing references it needs in order to run. Assuming you can open the database on your machine with Access 2000, you need to open the database and open the code editor window. Select Debug | Compile. Generally, a 2002 database won't run u...