Now that I've installed Office 2004??

--B_3188232971_840649

Hi,
Got my new Office 2004 for Mac.  Really cool!!!  Obviously, some files of
the Demo were hanging around, even though I did delete the Demo.  So when I
installed Office 2004, Entourage looked just like the last time I used it.
I used File/Import, etc to get to Import Information from a Program, which I
choose as Office OSX.  When it brought everything over, it duplicated a lot
of stuff.  Is there some sort of a �filter� that I can use to rid the
doubles???  Or do I just need to go in and one by one get rid of the double
entries, say in the Address Book??

Also, any reason not to use the Set up Assistant to rid myself of Office
OSX???
Entourage is really the only place I stored items.

I love this program.  It is so neat!!  I chuckle to myself each time I open
it.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

--B_3188232971_840649

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Now that I've installed Office 2004??</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-siz=
e:14.0px'>Hi,<BR>
Got my new Office 2004 for Mac. &nbsp;Really cool!!! &nbsp;Obviously, some =
files of the Demo were hanging around, even though I did delete the Demo. &n=
bsp;So when I installed Office 2004, Entourage looked just like the last tim=
e I used it. &nbsp;I used File/Import, etc to get to Import Information from=
 a Program, which I choose as Office OSX. &nbsp;When it brought everything o=
ver, it duplicated a lot of stuff. &nbsp;Is there some sort of a &#8220;filt=
er&#8221; that I can use to rid the doubles??? &nbsp;Or do I just need to go=
 in and one by one get rid of the double entries, say in the Address Book??<=

<BR>
Also, any reason not to use the Set up Assistant to rid myself of Office OS=
X???<BR>
Entourage is really the only place I stored items.<BR>
<BR>
I love this program. &nbsp;It is so neat!! &nbsp;I chuckle to myself each t=
ime I open it. <BR>
<BR>
Thanks in advance.<BR>
<BR>
Frank</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3188232971_840649--

0
fjs08 (16)

Dr. Frank Stefanec <fjs08@zoominternet.net> wrote:

> --B_3188232971_840649
>
> Hi,
> Got my new Office 2004 for Mac.  Really cool!!!

[...]

> I love this program.  It is so neat!!  I chuckle to myself each time I open
> it.

Then open Preferences -> Mail & News -> Compose and set set News format
to Plain Text instead of HTML.

> Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

--
CamContacts Confirmation: You are win our girl for 1 hour free of charge
0

Changed Titled bar and now sort doesn't default to "Header Row"
I feel like an idiot. I deleted the first row in a data field that I used to be able to sort by. After inserting a new row and re-titling each column, when I go to sort now the default comes up "No Header Row" and I have to switch it back to "Header Row". Is there something I can do to get it to default back to "Header Row" like it was before I messed it up? Excel likes to see something different that distinguishes the header row. One easy fix is to bold that header row. Steven wrote: > > I feel like an idiot. I deleted the first row in a data f...

stop office from clearing the clipboard on load?
Hi 1. Fire up notepad or paint or something and copy some text or an image 2. Fire up an Office 2007 application (excel, word, whatever) 3. Hit paste - nothing happens. The clipboard is empty. This behaviour in EXCEL is WRONG. How to PERMANENTLY disable this behaviour so that my clipboard's previous behaviour is preserved (e.g. if I stick something in the clipboard it's in there until *** I *** overwrite it)? Office has it's own clipboard. frumbert wrote: > Hi > > 1. Fire up notepad or paint or something and copy some text or an > image > 2. Fire up an Office...

When installing Outlook, what is the Microsoft Exchange Server?
Contact your corporate IT support staff for this info. (If you are a home user setting up Outlook to work with your ISP, then odds are great they don't use Exchange. ISPs tend to use POP3 (or IMAP).) "madchan3249" <madchan3249@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8AA47AE-26B7-4B23-8593-2AC9266A85DC@microsoft.com... > madchan3249 <madchan3249@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> If you don't know what Exchange is, then chances are you shouldn't be setting that type of account. Use Control Panel>Mail>E-mail Accoun...

How to freeze NOW()
Hi all, I am using the NOW() to avoid typing in the date/time of some data i am collecting. the problem is that all the cells with now get recalculated every time i enter new data in the spreadsheet. How do I "freeze" the older data so that NOW() does not get recalculated in those cells or is there a way to transform the output of now into some text so that it does not get recalculated?. thanks Rather than =NOW(), type CTRL+; (semi-colon) followed by space and then CTRL+: (colon) to get date and time as if you had typed them best wishes -- Bernard Liengme MVP Excel htt...

OWA asking for Office CD
How do I stop Outlook Web Access from asking for the Office 2003 CD when I try to access Outlook from the web? This shouldn't happen as OWA is related to Exchange not Outlook. Have you done a repair on Office already? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Eloise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:addb01c436db$190f7e40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I stop Outlook Web Access from asking for the > Office 2003 CD when I try to ...

Can't install Handheld Sync (for Palm
I've just gone through and done a fresh install for Office X and Palm Desktop, to finally try and install the Handheld Sync program. I get through the registration and destination disk only for it to fail during installation with the error message "The installation failed because Microsoft Component Plugin was not found". I've done a search for the plugin and it's sitting in the "OfficeX/office" folder - I'm presuming where it's meant to be. Any ideas why this should be a problem? Currently I'm running on MacOS 10.2.3; tried reinstalling multiple tim...

pleading paper not printing correctly from office 2007.
I am having an issue with printing pleading paper correctly out of offfice 2007. Now that 2007 has been installed the pleading paper is not printing out correctly. There is an lawfirms logo and address and phone info running verticlally on the left hand side that looks just fine when you open it or do a print preview yet when you actually print it, the info on the left hand side seems to be overlapping. The logo is covering the address and phone number. if I open the exact same document in word 2003 it looks the same but when you print it out it comes out just fine. any...

Install Office 2007 Home & Student over Works 9
I currently run Word 2003, Works Database, Works Spreadsheet and Money in Works 9. Will I have to uninstall before loading Office 2007? (Money is the only one I dont want to lose) -- BDTB "BDTB" <BDTB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9DCD5FF-7D0D-4804-BD3F-32814196E0B1@microsoft.com... > I currently run Word 2003, Works Database, Works Spreadsheet and Money in > Works 9. Will I have to uninstall before loading Office 2007? (Money is > the > only one I dont want to lose) > -- > BDTB No. Works can peacefully coexist wi...

Last Day of a Week based on NOW()
Good evening all, Just a quick question. How would I work out what all the days in a wee are, based upon the current date. So, have 7 cells, which would work out what their date is, based o today. Example. Today is Thursday, 24th June. Monday- 21/06/2004 Tuesday - 22/06/2004 Wednesday - 23/06/2004 Thursday - 24/06/2004 Friday - 25/06/2004 Saturday - 26/06/2004 Sunday - 27/06/2004 Is this actually possible? With vague thinking, I beleive it might be but I'm not exactly sure how I'd go about working it into a formula Maybe a helper column that would place the the current date into th...

office 2004 quits unexpectedly when printing
Every program in Office 2004 quits if I attempt to print. I get the spinning wheel of death for about 30 seconds, then it all implodes. I've downloaded every update available. I'm running OS 10.4.11. any ideas? In article <c4d341a6-2bd8-4e30-a3e9-75fff1ebf622@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Brylowski@gmail.com wrote: > Every program in Office 2004 quits if I attempt to print. I get the > spinning wheel of death for about 30 seconds, then it all implodes. > I've downloaded every update available. I'm running OS 10.4.11. > any ideas? Have a look in ~/Library...

Outlook batch installation
Is there any way to run the installation of the CRM Outlook client via a batch? That is, I'd like to create a batch to run the installation of pre-requisite software to simplify the rollout procedure. Ideas? The only "supported" manner is to distribute via GPO. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Nahi" <nvsimon@msn.com> wrote in message news:1136476929.331904.227400@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... Is there any way to run the installation of the CRM Outlook client via a batch? That is, I'd like to create a batch to run the installation of pre-requisite so...

How to find number and description of Installed JREs?
Hi All! Can anyone help me out to find number and description of installed JREs in the windows system. I do know that i can be done by using registry value but how i don't know? Thanks in anticipation. Regards, Zia ...

MS Office for MACS running Windows
Hello guys I have a question: As we all know the MS office shortcuts for a Mac are different than the ones we have on PCs. If I buy a new Mac, with the Intel processor and install Windows, will I be able to maintain the shortcuts that exist for PCs? Ideally I will not install windows and I will have an MS office for a Mac with the PC shortcuts, which I am so used to. Thanks dimitmant <dmantoulidis@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello guys > > I have a question: As we all know the MS office shortcuts for a Mac > are different than the ones we have on PCs. If I buy a new Mac, with &...

Access 2003 database opens as read-only on Vista with Office 2007
I'm moving my files from my old computer (XP, Office 2003) to my new computer (Vista, Office 2007). When I open a 2003 Access database I created on the old computer, it runs as read-only, even though that attribute is not set in the file properties. How can I get the database to run normally? "Cassandra Berg" <CassandraBerg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E42B330-C3DB-4130-96C3-ECB3DEB48B5B@microsoft.com... > I'm moving my files from my old computer (XP, Office 2003) to my new > computer > (Vista, Office 2007). When I open a 2...

Now
Hi I'm using excel and it is asking me to use NOW formula Where? When? -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jill graeve" <jillgraeve@training.net.nz> wrote in message news:uoGNMj0WFHA.1148@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > I'm using excel and it is asking me to use NOW formula > > > "Jill graeve" wrote > > I'm using excel and it is asking me to use NOW formula "Bob Phillips" wrote > Where? When? I'd guess... in school? Jordon "Bob Phillips" <phillips@tiscali.co.uk> skrev i melding news:e5kMjF4WFHA.2796@T...

2 Problems with Money 2006 standard
Ladies and Gentlemen, I currently use Microsoft Money 2006 standard which I updated to from Money 2003 Deluxe online. I downloaded the new files rather than installed from disks. I am having problems with Money which I am unable to resolve. Since I did this online I do not have disks which would allow me to fully remove Money and do a full reinstall. Is it possible to get these disks? The two main problems I am having are as follows: 1. - On the Money Home page under the heading: Bills and deposits three occurrences of the same payees bills are listed as overdue. However, these three...

Server 2008 R2
The server has all available current updates. It is a DC for a small school network, and has the Print Management role installed. When I try to add a printer via Devices and Printers, the first clue that something is wrong is that all the standard out-of-the-box drivers show up as unsigned. Choosing any of them and attempting to install them gives a prompt, "Please provide a printer driver", which asks for the location of the files. The event viewer shows 2 events from PrintService, event id 215, "Installing printer driver Generic / Text Only failed, error code...

Desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook with RollUp 1
Hi If in install ‘Microsoft CRM desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook’ ‘Version 3.0.5300.1361’ on my PC and then I go to install Update RollUp 1, should I be receiving any errors, or will Update Rollup 1 only install on a PC that has an earlier version of Microsoft CRM desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook’. The reason I ask is that Update RollUp 1 installs fine on a PC that has ‘Microsoft CRM desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook’ ‘Version 3.0.5300.0’ Thanks Doc As far as I know the v3c client already contains the fixes that are included in update rollup 1, so...

Why a Genuine Advantage Notification (GAN) from an Install of an OEM XP Pro?
The way I understand the GAN is that it means the XP Pro install may somehow not registered with MS. That seems a bit surprising. I bought it from Newegg. I would have thought these distributions are OK by MS. Should I be concerned? W. eWatson wrote: > The way I understand the GAN is that it means the XP Pro install may > somehow not registered with MS. That seems a bit surprising. I > bought it from Newegg. I would have thought these distributions are > OK by MS. Should I be concerned? You didn't really give much to go on. OEM's are supported by those who...

now function
I got a cell A1 with a now function =now() which gives the current time. Cell A2 has a time that is entered, and cell A3 has an if function that compared if(A1>A2,"","Do Something"). However, the if statement is true all the time even if the time is cell A2 is a later time than A1. I changed the format in cell A1 from a time format to a general and it turn out to be a big number. Otherwise, I changed the time format in cell A2 into general and it is a very small decimal number. How do I get around this, may with a mod function or something? NOW gives both ...

Office 2010 01-06-10
Lets see if I have this straight: Microsoft will release Offic 2010 but offer no upgrade pricing. So while several office suits are available, Microsoft will not give users a break. Me, i'll stick with Office XP, Star Office, and other alternatives. ...

Office 2010?
what is the key to open free version of Office 2010? When you download it from http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/downloads.aspx?cc=en&pageType=download&sectionsType=download-office-professional-plus , you get a key. Yves "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0807AC20-4B5F-44C1-87B5-8F24AF59DDF3@microsoft.com... > what is the key to open free version of Office 2010? ...

Converting MS Office
I have bought a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT360ZG notebook with installed Microsoft Office 2003. I registered Microsoft Office 2003 trial version. Now I am trying to convert it into a full version. Unfortunately I am getting message that my product key (from Certificate of Authenticity) is invalid. My trial version expires in Jan 2005. What should I do ? My product key from Certificate of Authenticity label is : J8FHJ-Q6BJM-G6PVD-FWM2B-PW6J8. Thank you very much Peter. ...

Money 2004 cannot run after installation on Windows XP SP2
Dear All, I have installed a new Windows XP and applied the XP SP2, then I installed the MS Money 2004. However, Money 2004 cannot be started and the error is: "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"; and it asked for sending report to Microsoft site. Is there any thing to fix this? Thanks. Error signature: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ofdutil.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0000ce2d Can you open the sample file located, typically, at c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money? "Geossl"...

Can't Convert Quicken 2001 Deluxe Data to MS Money 2004
First I tried to convert the Quicken Data using the MS Money 2003 OEM Version that came with the new computer I bought last week. Then I purchased MS Money 2004 Standard Edition and still couldn't convert my Quicken data. On the box, Microsoft says they offer a 30 day money back guarantee with no details about how to get your money back. Does anyone know how I can get my money back? Regards, John E. Golden ...