Notepad automatic text formatting

Version: 2008

Everytime I highlight a word or phrase and 'bold', 'underline' or 'italicize' it, the next bullet point in my outline list automatically starts with that format. I have to manually change it back to 'normal' font attributes every single bullet point unless I start a new list.

Is there a way around this? Thanks
0
sas05u (1)

One thing that will help: Go to Tools> AutoCorrect � AutoFormat As You Type
then remove the last check pertaining to "Format beginning of list...".

It would be even more beneficial to learn the use of keystrokes to toggle
those formatting options on/of as needed � especially when using Notebook
Layout View (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "Notepad");

Underline = Command+U
Bold = Command+B
Italic = Command+I

If you don't use the keystrokes it will also help to get in the habit of
pressing return to create the next bullet point *before* changing the
formatting of the last/only item on the preceding line.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/4/08 11:37 AM, in article 59b58ace.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"sas05u@officeformac.com" <sas05u@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
>
> Everytime I highlight a word or phrase and 'bold', 'underline' or 'italicize'
> it, the next bullet point in my outline list automatically starts with that
> format. I have to manually change it back to 'normal' font attributes every
> single bullet point unless I start a new list.
>
> Is there a way around this? Thanks

automatically deletion of lines
Hi there, I want to paste tabular data into excel and automatically delete all rows not starting with a specific text in col A from the just pasted text (it will be fine to delete the lines from the whole sheet, since there will be nothing else on it). It should trigger upon pasting into that particular sheet. Unfortunately I know squat about vb-programming, so I would very much appreciate a step-by-step instruction of where to put any provided code. Thanks Knud ...

Customise button reply to and add text to subject line
I am trying to find a solution to a problem grateful for some direction. I have managed to configure a button in outlook to create a new email and add specific text to the subject line by adding mailto: as an email address and then specifying the text in the subject line. What i need to do is to configure a button which will add specific text "authorised" to the subject line when i click onto reply or reply to all. Is there an easy way to do this without creating vast vba ?? No. You'll need to use VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

tab formatting on ruler
When creating a document and I set my margins and tab the stylus (or whatever that pointer thing is called) lines up perfectly with the marks on the ruler. After saving document and then I go back to edit the document, when I try to move the stylus, it does not line up with the mark. It is either a little before the number of a little after. If I hold down the Alt key and move the stylus it moves in small increments and I can line it up. Any idea why this does this and how I can fix it. It is very time consuming to have to do this. Thank.s If you are trying to use t...

An executable file attached has been automatically removed
When trying to send an email message that has an file attacment with a .XML extension. Does anyone know where to start looking for the source of the filtering. Thanks. Version/mode of Outlook? Can you not zip the file and send it? IvanB wrote: > When trying to send an email message that has an file > attacment with a .XML extension. Does anyone know where to > start looking for the source of the filtering. Thanks. ..XML is not restricted by Outlook at all. I'd start looking at personal firewalls such as ZoneAlarm or anti-virus software, both of which have the ability to re...

Automatic personalized reply
I'm using Outlook 2007 and I need to send a personalised automatic reply to emails that I receive from people who are not in my contact list. Specifically I want to send a standard email and insert the person's first name at the start as follows - "Hi (insert first name) .... The rest of my reply is text with a picture in the middle of it. The email I'm replying to is always the same format, ie User Information: Region Selected QLD - Brisbane Requesting information on Bomboniere User Information: Name ...

Arabic/English numbers in notepad
My issue is when typing Arabic language in a notepad. After installing Arabic language in regional settings and adjusting settings to allow Arabic letters and numbers i run into this problem. When switching to Arabic language I'm only able to type Arabic numbers after at least one Arabic character is typed. If the Arabic letter is removed the numbers automatically change to English. The issue was resolved in MS word using the Hindi context selection in options but still remains in notepad. Even when Arabic numbers are copy/paste from word to notepad the numbers paste i...

Copying sorksheet formatting
How do I copy worksheet formatting, inc. custom headers, footers, column & row formatting across all the worksheets in a workbook? Hi one way: formating them all at the same time: - group the sheets (hold down the SHIFT key while selecting the sheets) - apply the format to a cell, column, row -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany driverdriver wrote: > How do I copy worksheet formatting, inc. custom headers, > footers, column & row formatting across all the worksheets > in a workbook? You can also select the entire sheet with CTRL+A and do Edit / Copy, then group yo...

Linked Text Boxes #2
The functionality of linking text boxes is great. I am creating a brochure with several sections which are not linked. The individual sections are linked within themselves. The brochure has been developed thus far with a lengthy first section of about 13 pages. That is, one quarter of a folded duplex sheet. That section is followed by two additional sections. There is no interlinking between the sections. Total pages so far is 20. The first section needs additional pages. Using the insert pages menu, inserts 4 pages after page 13. I doubt that the entire four pages will be need...

Can cells be copies automatically to Sheet 2 and Sheet 3
I batch informaion, normally using the same information from Sheet 1 on Sheet 2 & 3. I was wondering without cutting and pasting, is it anyway it could automatically be done? One way: In Sheet2: J5: =Sheet1!A1 In article <9C9DC8DD-B323-42EA-9545-1CC27902D490@microsoft.com>, Curious <Curious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I batch informaion, normally using the same information from Sheet 1 on Sheet > 2 & 3. I was wondering without cutting and pasting, is it anyway it could > automatically be done? One way is to select all three sheets and enter ...

Lost notepad
Am running WinXP MCE SP3 and after the latest round of MS updatesappear to have lost Notepad from the list displayed when you open the accessories folder from the start menu. The program still exists as does the shortcut if the accessories folder is explored but it will not appear in the list. Have deleted the shortcut, replaced it and done a system restore all without any effect. The latter makes me wonder if Notepad had already disappeared but I had not noticed. Used a cmd line file to reregister all .DLLs in case that was missing still no joy. Would appreciate any idea...

Conditional Formatting of Numbers
Hello All WinXP Excel 97 I have a worksheet where if I enter a negative number in Cell C26 (example only), any other numbers that are entered in row 26 must also be negative. Unfortunately, I cannot rely upon the users to remember to press the minus sign. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Debra Debra, Here is some VBA that will negate the amount if the C value is negative Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Column <> 3 Then .Value = Abs(.Value) ...

how to link picture object and automatically update in publisher?
I want to creat a couple pages with links to spreadsheets and graphs. the spreadsheets update as links automatically. i can't insert a graph through the object insert. i have to do it as a picture file. how can i get the picture graph to automatically update? ...

Custom number format displaying thousands
If anyone has any potential solutions to the custom number format below I would be very grateful. If the two number formats below are applied to the numbers displayed in the 'Actual number' column, the output as shown in the columns 'format #1' and 'format #2' are given by Excel. The output I want to achieve is shown in the final column. Has anyone got any suggestions how i might achieve this? format #1 = [>500]#,##0,_);[<-500](#,##0,); format #2 = [>500]#,##0,_);[<-500](#,##0,);- Actual Number Format #1 Format #2 What I want -501 (1) (1) (...

Date formating for sorting
I have a genealogy data sheet and one column contains dates. I have formatted the column various different ways showing month/day/year, etc. If it is possible, I want to sort the column by year first, then month & day. Is that do-able? Thanks in advance. That's the way dates should be sorted. Maybe your data isn't really dates???? Or maybe you just need to specify ascending or descending???? - Butch wrote: > > I have a genealogy data sheet and one column contains dates. I have > formatted the column various different ways showing month/day/year, etc. &...

Macro, being taken to Macro text when execution
I am using the below code to color code the names if they appear in th cells below the heaing Pilot, when I execute the macro I am taken t the macro with the End Sub highlighted. Not sure what I am doing wron here, any help is appericated. Sub Colorcells() For Line = 150 To 1 Step -1 If Pilot = "Lyon" Or Pilot = "Post" Or Pilot = "Hall" Or Pilot "Cabot" Or Pilot = "Baganai" Or Pilot = "Cline" Or Pilot = "Goldfein Or Pilot = "Fink" Then Cells(Line, 7).Select Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 5 End If End Su -- Message pos...

Automatically go Offline?
When our Sales Reps are at the office and are synchronizing the Outlook Client (going online) at the start of the working day, some times they forget to go offline again at the end of the day. Result: The Outlook client cannot be used when working in the field (message: access denied, cannot find server). Is there a way to automaically go offline, when closing Outlook? Would be great if anyone could help. Damon. I'm afraid there is no supported way to do this int he current app. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- -------------------------------...

how do i find notepad in Outlook
I need to create a document that has frequently asked questions on it and then print it out-how do i do this? FAQ'S <FAQ'S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to create a document that has frequently asked questions on it > and then print it out-how do i do this? How is this an Outlook question? Create your FAQ in whatever text or word processor you choose. Use the FIle>Print menu from within that application. -- Brian Tillman ...

How to get daily rates from Bank Website automatically?
It would be great If I could get daily rates (Dollar/Rubble, Euro/ Rubble) from a Web Site of an Official Russian Bank automatically into Access. I searched the group to find out an answer how to get a specific data from a web page into access. I understand that it needs massive coding. Do you have any idea to make it easier? Thanks Steve.. Better to update the TextBoxes manually on my form by using the data from Web Site. ...

formatting, I think
I'm typing along and suddenly the print changes to red and there is a strike through, well, through it. I cannot undo, or get rid of formatting or even delete the line. I use an external mouse on my laptop and don't know if I'm hitting the mouse pad, or if I'm accidentally hitting some other key on the key board. Help! And thank you. This is likely to be Track Changes. You can turn it off by pressing Ctrl+Shift+E. You must also Accept All Changes in Document. In Word 2003, you'll find that command on the Reviewing toolbar. If you are using Word 2007, the cor...

Conditional formating #5
In excell 2000 Only 3 conditional formating setups can be doen to a cell ? If I need more than that how to accomplish ? You could use an event macro that changes the formatting of the cell. Here's an example culled from Google: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3F67932C.2A48DFF1%40msn.com Vijayadas Udupa wrote: > > In excell 2000 Only 3 conditional formating setups can be doen to a cell ? If I need more than that how to accomplish ? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How do you format clip art to wrap around text in a text box
I am trying to add a clip art picture into a text box which already contains text. I cannot seem to put it so that the text wraps around the picture (the picture is just sitting ontop of the text) - can anyone help? Thanking you in advance. Click on the text box. Format Text frame properties Options Wrap text around objects -- Don Vancouver, USA "CJ051176" <CJ051176@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4E71DE1-BED1-4397-9521-3B0C4F280E23@microsoft.com... >I am trying to add a clip art picture into a text box which already >contains >...

In excel, how do you asign numeric values to text or letters, eg..
How can I asign numeric values for text of letters, eg. A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. Hi if you have this kind of order try (letter in cell A1): =CODE(A1)-64 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany adefreitas wrote: > How can I asign numeric values for text of letters, eg. A=1, B=2, > C=3, etc. ...

Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Ok, so i created a WFR [WorkFlow Rule]. A simple one just to test i did When case is created wait Case.Case Number not null end wait Task: Case #: {!Case:Case Number;} Has Been Created creates a task to the person who created teh case, saying that the case was created and it only does so, when there is a case number. I save it, hit activate. I go into CRM [from a different PC], create a new case, and no task. The only way i get a teask is by going to Action - Apply Rule - [selecting the rule i created] Am i doing something wrong? Thanks --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----...

Import text into existing photo slides
I am using PowerPoint 2010 to modify an existing PowerPoint show of 300 slides with photos and notes on each one. Is there a way to add text titles and subtitles from a Word outline document into placeholders on each slide without affecting the existing photos or notes? In other words, a way import text or merge content across the whole show other than slide-by-slide cut & paste? Here's what I've tried so far: A. "Import from Outline" from Word seems to only insert new slides in sequence but doesn't import into existing.slides. B. Shyam Pillai's &qu...

Numbers automatically formatting?
Hi there, When I enter a number into a cell like '01', the cell auto formats it to be '1'. I want to see the zero but excel removes it. When I set the column to text and enter '01', excel then puts one of those little note things in saying theres an error. How do I change this behaviour? Thanks, Grant Hi Grant do you want your number 01 as a number, if so then enter 1 and then choose format / cell - number tab and custom in the type box type 00 click OK if the 01 can be text then when you enter it type '01 the apostraphe won't show ignore green errors C...