No Office programs will launch anymore. Why?

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC

I posted this same message in Powerpoint because it stopped launching. I now realize it is ALL office programs that have stopped launching after having run fine for 4 months. Every time I try to launch a program, it crashes, giving me the crash error message and the option to relaunch. I keep relaunching but they keep crashing. I tried reset and relaunch but they still crash. here is what the crash summary says:

Process: Microsoft Word [272]
Path: /Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
Identifier: com.microsoft.Word
Version: ??? (???)
Build Info: Unknown-80522~0
Code Type: PPC (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [69]

Date/Time: 2008-07-28 22:55:10.195 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000008fe0105c
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftComponentPlugin
  Referenced from: /Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
  Reason: image not found

Can someone tell me how to get office working again???

Thank you
0
7/29/2008 3:01:44 AM
mac.office 7017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

9 Replies
912 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

Framework errors can usually be resolved by running Disk Utility - Repair
Disk Permissions [which should be done after any OS X or software
updates/installations]. Restart your Mac after running the utility & see if
things improve.

If you can launch the programs from the Applications folder all should be
well. The Dock icons are simply aliases, so if they are what you're using
they can simply be removed. Drag them from the Dock & let them evaporate in
a puf of smoke. Then replace them by dragging the application icons to the
Dock to create new aliases.

If the above doesn't clear it up you may need to reapply the 12.1.1 update,
then repair permissions & restart.

HTH |:>) 
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 7/28/08 11:01 PM, in article 59b556d0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"irchamandy@officeformac.com" <irchamandy@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
> Processor: Power PC
> 
> I posted this same message in Powerpoint because it stopped launching. I now
> realize it is ALL office programs that have stopped launching after having run
> fine for 4 months. Every time I try to launch a program, it crashes, giving me
> the crash error message and the option to relaunch. I keep relaunching but
> they keep crashing. I tried reset and relaunch but they still crash. here is
> what the crash summary says:
> 
> Process: Microsoft Word [272]
> Path: /Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
> Identifier: com.microsoft.Word
> Version: ??? (???)
> Build Info: Unknown-80522~0
> Code Type: PPC (Native)
> Parent Process: launchd [69]
> 
> Date/Time: 2008-07-28 22:55:10.195 -0400
> OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)
> Report Version: 6
> 
> Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
> Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000008fe0105c
> Crashed Thread: 0
> 
> Dyld Error Message:
>   Library not loaded:
> @executable_path/../Frameworks/MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/
> MicrosoftComponentPlugin
>   Referenced from: /Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft
> Word
>   Reason: image not found
> 
> Can someone tell me how to get office working again???
> 
> Thank you

0
7/29/2008 5:37:10 AM
Odd, this happened to me today, as well, although I'm still using Office v.X from 2003. Thanks for the suggestion.
0
reggie
7/29/2008 5:48:45 AM
Unfortunately, this solution didn't work for me. I had to uninstall Office 2008 and reinstall it from scratch. This corrupted my identity and I am in the process of trying to repair it (MS database utility is VERY slow).
0
7/30/2008 3:04:33 AM
Hello again -

Not meant to chastise :-) but just for further reference...

On 7/29/08 11:04 PM, in article 59b556d0.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"irchamandy@officeformac.com" <irchamandy@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, this solution didn't work for me.

Sorry to hear that, but had you replied to that effect there are further
steps that could have been offered.

> I had to uninstall Office 2008 and reinstall it from scratch.

Well, in all likelihood, probably not. Reinstalling isn't typically a
remedial process in Mac OS X. The files which are probably at fault aren't
the application files themselves & aren't repaired by reinstalling. If it
*is* necessary there are certain considerations to observe in order to
prevent making the situation worse, such as...

> This corrupted my identity and I am in the
> process of trying to repair it (MS database utility is VERY slow).

That most likely could have been avoided :-( This is likely to occur if you
attempt to run the reinstalled software before also applying the updates &
repairing permissions. When you reinstall the versions are reverted to the
original on the install disk which is out of sync with the user files
currently in existence.

If you have any further problem post a new message & provide as much detail
as you can based on the current situation.

Good Luck |:>)
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac

0
7/31/2008 11:19:00 AM
Hi Bob,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I was so far behind on my work that I couldn't wait for the responses from this forum, even though they are fairly prompt.

The reinstall did work. And, to your point about corrupting, I did the reinstall after all of the updates were done and after repairing the permissions.

Since reinstalling, I have done all of the updates, including the troublesome 12.1.1. It wouldn't install when it first came out so I had to do the "true/false" work around to make it work. But now that I have reinstalled, the 12.1.1 ran perfectly. I also repaired permissions after installing it and restart. And I used disk utility to repair the disk.

I tried rebuilding my identity but it kept hanging about 3/4 of the way through. I now longer use Entourage, so I don't care about my contacts and email and stuff like that, I am not really worried about it.

Ian
0
7/31/2008 2:15:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad it's all working out for you. Just in
passing, the MUD folder could have been moved/renamed prior to the
reinstallation in order to preserve its contents :-) You might want to
review the suggestions on this site for future reference:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/RemoveReinstall.html

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 7/31/08 10:15 AM, in article 59b556d0.4@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"irchamandy@officeformac.com" <irchamandy@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
> 
> Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I was so far behind on my work
> that I couldn't wait for the responses from this forum, even though they are
> fairly prompt.
> 
> The reinstall did work. And, to your point about corrupting, I did the
> reinstall after all of the updates were done and after repairing the
> permissions.
> 
> Since reinstalling, I have done all of the updates, including the troublesome
> 12.1.1. It wouldn't install when it first came out so I had to do the
> "true/false" work around to make it work. But now that I have reinstalled, the
> 12.1.1 ran perfectly. I also repaired permissions after installing it and
> restart. And I used disk utility to repair the disk.
> 
> I tried rebuilding my identity but it kept hanging about 3/4 of the way
> through. I now longer use Entourage, so I don't care about my contacts and
> email and stuff like that, I am not really worried about it.
> 
> Ian

0
7/31/2008 5:15:52 PM
Hi,
My Microsoft Word (office 2008 for mac) has just crashed and will not 
relaunch with the same failure message as in this thread. I tried repairing 
permissions without success. Is there a definitive way to repair this problem 
or do I reinstall everything like this irchamandy did? I urgently need to fix 
and use Word. Can anyone help please? Regards, Clem

"irchamandy@officeformac.com" wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
> Processor: Power PC
> 
> I posted this same message in Powerpoint because it stopped launching. I now realize it is ALL office programs that have stopped launching after having run fine for 4 months. Every time I try to launch a program, it crashes, giving me the crash error message and the option to relaunch. I keep relaunching but they keep crashing. I tried reset and relaunch but they still crash. here is what the crash summary says:
> 
> Process: Microsoft Word [272]
> Path: /Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
> Identifier: com.microsoft.Word
> Version: ??? (???)
> Build Info: Unknown-80522~0
> Code Type: PPC (Native)
> Parent Process: launchd [69]
> 
> Date/Time: 2008-07-28 22:55:10.195 -0400
> OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)
> Report Version: 6
> 
> Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
> Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000008fe0105c
> Crashed Thread: 0
> 
> Dyld Error Message:
>   Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftComponentPlugin
>   Referenced from: /Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
>   Reason: image not found
> 
> Can someone tell me how to get office working again???
> 
> Thank you
> 
0
clemso (1)
9/13/2008 5:43:02 PM
Hi Clem -

Hopefully reinstalling won't be necessary, but what is necessary is that you
post a NEW message rather than REPLYING to another :-) Same *symptoms* don't
dictate same *problem*.

You'll need to include all specifics about your current exact level of
Office & OS X as well as your type of Mac configuration. Additionally,
describe exactly what you were doing at the time of the crash as well as the
exact wording of any error message that may have appeared at the time (as
accurately as you can recall).

In the meantime, shut down your Mac for a few minutes then try launching
Word directly from the icon in your Applications folder rather than using
the Dock icon. Also try dbl-clicking a Word document icon in a Finder window
to see if that launches the program.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 9/13/08 1:43 PM, in article
0BE1B3BC-53BB-4F9E-988D-47E1422CC819@microsoft.com, "clemso"
<clemso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> My Microsoft Word (office 2008 for mac) has just crashed and will not
> relaunch with the same failure message as in this thread. I tried repairing
> permissions without success. Is there a definitive way to repair this problem
> or do I reinstall everything like this irchamandy did? I urgently need to fix
> and use Word. Can anyone help please? Regards, Clem
> 
> "irchamandy@officeformac.com" wrote:
> 
>> Version: 2008
>> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
>> Processor: Power PC
>> 
>> I posted this same message in Powerpoint because it stopped launching. I now
>> realize it is ALL office programs that have stopped launching after having
>> run fine for 4 months. Every time I try to launch a program, it crashes,
>> giving me the crash error message and the option to relaunch. I keep
>> relaunching but they keep crashing. I tried reset and relaunch but they still
>> crash. here is what the crash summary says:
>> 
>> Process: Microsoft Word [272]
>> Path: /Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
>> Identifier: com.microsoft.Word
>> Version: ??? (???)
>> Build Info: Unknown-80522~0
>> Code Type: PPC (Native)
>> Parent Process: launchd [69]
>> 
>> Date/Time: 2008-07-28 22:55:10.195 -0400
>> OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)
>> Report Version: 6
>> 
>> Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
>> Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000008fe0105c
>> Crashed Thread: 0
>> 
>> Dyld Error Message:
>>   Library not loaded:
>> @executable_path/../Frameworks/MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12
>> /MicrosoftComponentPlugin
>>   Referenced from: /Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft
>> Word
>>   Reason: image not found
>> 
>> Can someone tell me how to get office working again???
>> 
>> Thank you
>> 

0
9/13/2008 6:33:04 PM
"Bob Jones" wrote:

> Framework errors can usually be resolved by

Also by the options listed here:

Framework Error <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/framework.html>

-- 
Diane 

0
diane7495 (1195)
9/13/2008 10:45:53 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Out-of-office twin replies
I've seen some posts here with regards to OOO replies generating two replies, one of which is blank. This is happening on at least two different versions of Outlook and Exchange 5.5/2000 so it appears to be a server side problem. Does anyone have a solution to this? ...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel
...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office�98 Macintosh Edition Entourage�2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

office xp
I have a soccer club database that weas created using access xp and I need to be able to run it on my home computer that uses office 2000. Certain parts of the database such as the listing of teams will not work. please adivse When you switch between database versions many times the new computer does not have the appropriate references set or is missing references it needs in order to run. Assuming you can open the database on your machine with Access 2000, you need to open the database and open the code editor window. Select Debug | Compile. Generally, a 2002 database won't run u...

Upgrade to Power Point 2010 from Microsoft Office 2008
How can I upgrade from Power Point in Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac to Power Point 2010? unfortunately the Beta version is only available on windows platforms. Preliminary system requirements for Office 2010 include the following: • Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7 check out: http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx#29q Emma Bannister PowerPoint Specialist www.presentationstudio.com "4jswest" <4jswest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15B53B5E-1A57-4E46-8CBA-5A7BDD9D71C7@microsoft.com... > How can I upgrade fr...

How can I get Dictionaries for Office XP?
I find vague references online to to an "Office XP Proofing tools" but the online stores seem to have no references to it - only Office 2003 Proofing tools. Is that compatible with Office XP? If not, where can I find proofing tools for XP. Or alternatively, where can I get dictionaries and grammar checkers for individual languages for Office XP. No, they are not compatible. If you can still find Office 2003 Proofing Tools online, then I would advise upgrading to Office 2003 so you could use Office 2003 Proofing Tools. You have very little chance of finding Office XP...

Office Clipboard in Office XP and Office 2003
Hi, How do I turn this off permanently? If I click on Options when it appears and select 'Don't show Office Clipboard automatically', it only gets rid off it until I restart Excel at which time I have to do it again. I'd like to turn it off permanently. Any help would be appreciated. George Hi George In Excel 2002 the option is; "Show show Office Clipboard automatically'' not "Dont show Office Clipboard automatically" ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http...

Same problem! SP3 Outlook error message "The program is trying to access etc"
I have the same problem! I recently downloaded the SP3 for Office 2002, and since then have had problems with the email security feature of Outlook. Now, whether I am creating a new email or responding to a received email, I get a flag-screen telling me that a program is trying to access email addresses stored in Outlook and asking me if that's what I want. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for a list of known problems with some 3rd party apps. (I'm guessing you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat installed. The problem section lists a regis...

Turn off Out of Office Assistant as an Administrator
Is it possible to turn of ooa for a user from an administrator snap-in? Connecting to the users mailbox seems a little too clumsy to me. 3rd party products like: http://www.symprex.com/products/oom/ -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Collin" <Collin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8325B6EC-2641-47B5-909B-6BD953128E69@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to turn of ooa for a user from an administrator snap-in? > Connecting to the users mailbox seems a little too clumsy to me. ...

A general officer is an officer
A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term or equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General can be used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or it can specifically refer to a single rank that is simply called general. -- ramki ramki wrote: > A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term > or equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General > can be used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or > it can specifically refer to a single rank that is s...

Out Of Office Assistance #3
Hi, I am Running Active Directory 2003 and Exchange Svr Std 2003 on my Domain. I have setup so users can use the Out Of Office Assistant tool. The Out Of Office Assistance only works on Some user accounts and Not all. All users can activate the Out Of Office Assistance using Outlook 2003 but only a few users are able to send Automatic Replies back. Is this a known issue? If someone has a solution please let me know. Thanks, ...

For Office: convert documents into jpg (image screenshot)
I would love this feature! It took me about 20 minutes manually taking screenshots of a document I had and saving it as a picture. I would like Office 2007 and later to have this feature so I dont have to use other programs. Here was the document: http://www.CreationLightship.com/doc/etc/Email_Box_March_2010.doc Here was the picture I created manually via screenshots of the document: http://creationlightship.com//images/email/email_2_25_2010.jpg Thanks a many! Blessings It took me about 2 seconds to spot this as advertising! This is a newsgroup for Microsoft Acces...

Project Server vs Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
I see a well priced hosting solution for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. I own MS Project Professional 2007. I would want to publish tasks, milestones, alerts, etc. to a few collaborators. How well would Project Pro pair with MOSS to suit my stated needs? Other members of the group do not own project. Is there any way through a developed app that would allow the other collaborators to indicate task completion, alerts, etc. within an email that could automate the processng of same. In other words, can a task request be embedded through coding to a recipient through ...

Updating "Office" from "10.1.x" (office version not Mac OS version) to current "Office" version
I cannot determine the update path to take. Tried to install 11.3.7, 11.3.3, etc(no go). Where do I start?? If you have 10.1.x, then you have Office X, and you need the updates that say Office X or Office 10.1.9 The ones for 11.3.7 are for Office 2004, the newer version, which would require purchase. k.mcquaid@gmail.com wrote: > I cannot determine the update path to take. Tried to install 11.3.7, > 11.3.3, etc(no go). Where do I start?? > > On 9/25/07 6:36 PM, in article 1190770572.847879.316020@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "k.mcquaid@gmail.com" <k.mcquaid@g...