Need Replacement Disk: Office v. X

I bought Office X for my Powerbook a few years back.  My hard drive
recently crashed and I had to reinstall everything.  I still have my
CD Key for Office, but the disk is damaged beyond repair.  Is there
any way I can get a replacement disk?  All of my password and
registration info was lost with my original hard drive.

Thanks,
     JT

In article <1174506415.746449.65340@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
 tompkins.jon@gmail.com wrote:

> I bought Office X for my Powerbook a few years back.  My hard drive
> recently crashed and I had to reinstall everything.  I still have my
> CD Key for Office, but the disk is damaged beyond repair.  Is there
> any way I can get a replacement disk?  All of my password and
> registration info was lost with my original hard drive.

v.X isn't supported any more, so I don't know if contacting PSS will
help:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-us

But you should be able to get a copy pretty cheaply on eBay. An Apple
dealer may be able to let you know if there are local copies.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
3/21/2007 7:59:19 PM
In article <1174506415.746449.65340@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
 tompkins.jon@gmail.com wrote:

> I bought Office X for my Powerbook a few years back.  My hard drive
> recently crashed and I had to reinstall everything.  I still have my
> CD Key for Office, but the disk is damaged beyond repair.  Is there
> any way I can get a replacement disk?  All of my password and
> registration info was lost with my original hard drive.
>
> Thanks,
>      JT

MS won't help you here.
Have you tried carefully cleaning the disk (with a disk cleaning spray)
and then see if you can make a copy of it? If it copies without
erroring, you should be able to use the disk. I've salvaged more than a
few disks this way.

labolide (127)

change x axis date scale on multiple charts quarterly
Have multiple charts to update weekly during a calendar quarter, need to change the x axis date scale on every chart quarterly. Can the x axis date range be changed on multiple charts simultaneously ? If your x axis range comes from a series on your spreadsheet, changing the values in the spreadsheet will change all the charts which use that series to define the x axis. -- David Biddulph Paul wrote: > Have multiple charts to update weekly during a calendar quarter, need > to change the x axis date scale on every chart quarterly. > Can the x axis date range be changed on multiple...

Need help deciphering this NDR
I messed up and posted this in exchange.setup, I humbly ask for forgiveness as I repost in .admin as well (though I was able to merge all 3 of my back to back post into one long winded read) -- Hi gang, I've got a user trying to send an external message to someguy@absnevada.com He gets an NDR returned that says this: ------------ Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Tuesday Summary Sent: 12/13/2004 11:32 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'someguy@absNevada.com' on 12/13/2004 11:32 AM You ...

Reading XML from Database - Serious Problem

x Axis labels
I have 2 columns - one with the months of the year and the second col. with the years back to 2002. The 3rd col. contains the data. When I chart the data, the years show in the vertical - OK. However, the months only show in the horizontal and I would like them to show in the vertical as well to save col. space. Can't seem to get the months to change direction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Norm. Norm, Try double-clicking on the category (x) axis labels. When you do so, the Format Axis dialog box should appear. In the Format Axis dialog box, go to the Alignment tab ...

Carlos need help
setting up, just email me Using the same news.eternal.etc... "Kue2" <Kue2@hotmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:i0fui7$69b$1@news.eternal-september.org... > setting up, just email me ...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Copy, Unlock and Delete Path Too Long files Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copyi...

Active Out of Office Assistant
Is there any way to query the Exchange 2003 about who has "out of office" activated on their mailbox? Here is a script that can pull all server side rules. http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2004_06_01_gsexdev_archive.html James Chong MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com Ron e. wrote: > Is there any way to query the Exchange 2003 about who has "out of office" > activated on their mailbox? On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:33:06 -0700, Ron e. <Rone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to query the Exchange 2003 about who has "ou...

Need to change date in field to whatever I want
I have a database for my research. I need to change the date, so that I do not have any restraints on my admissions. I have checked the data field for date of admission and it looks exactly the same in the data field, but for some reason, the date will not allow me to move forward with 2010. I am not sure what to do. Can you please help. This seems to be the only field that does not change to what I need it to change to. I currently am able to use the date for 2010. in other date fields except for one field. Please any suggestions. I am very new in setting or using access. ...

Standard v. Deluxe
I am a long-time Money user. I have always used the Standard Edition. I am now ready to upgrade to 2004 and it looks like the standard version no longer supports investment tracking, as prior standard editions have. Am I missing something here or am I correct that Microsoft found a way to force standard users to upgrade to the deluxe version? Has anyone gone from Money standard 2001/2002/2003 to standard 2004 and lost functionality? If I am correct, then I will hold onto my current standard version! Thanks for your thoughts. In microsoft.public.money, Mitch Kreindler wrote: >I am ...

Importing from access to outlook
Since upgrading, i've found that i'm unable to complete a successsful import into outlook. I bring the data in through access and import it to outlook. I never had these problems before... I've also heard that with 2003 you can link access and outlook - bu can't find a details on this. ...

MS Office 2007 update junk email filter (KB977839)
I cannot install MS Office 07 update junk email filter (KB977839). I have tried several times but still it do not install (error code 646) Please help. Thanks, avids517 avids517;114819 Wrote: > I cannot install MS Office 07 update junk email filter (KB977839). > I have tried several times but still it do not install (error code > 646) > > Please help. Rather than using Windows Update to install this update, try downloading it manually and installing it. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=977839 -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.sl...

office 2007 excel
i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? Hi Thomas Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- Regards Roger Govier "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4967D479-51D4-4770-8F3D-95C79FE0344B@microsoft.com... >i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro > toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? ...

need help !
hi im trying to make a digital scrapbook page in my publisher 2007 but i dont know how to make it the size i want, i need it 8x8 and when i go to page set up i dont see how can i make it 8x8 its all in cm. what can i do? i need this urgent. thanks -- judy Sounds like in the Control Panel it isn't set for English (United States) To verify and change if wanted: Start Settings Control Panel Regional and Language Options "Select an item to match its preferences....." box From the menu, select English (United States) If that is the region you wish. Now your printer and pro...

Need Info Please on Recommended Server Availibility
We're on GP v9 and planning upgrading to v10 in a worldwide business model. I'm looking for official Microsoft paper recommending that a dedicated server for GP is the way to go,,, and why it's so. I have searched CustomerSource and Knowledgebase and didn't come up with much. Can anyone please point me to Microsoft documentation which recommends a dedicated GP server? Thanks GP Guy in AZ Thats because GP does not actually run on a server. Only the database (MS-SQL) is truely server based. The "server" install of GP is for support staff. It is a client insta...

Error 550, Nul Characters are not allowed. need HELP ASAP
Hi I have the following problem and i cannot find the solution to it, i have tried most everything, and searched the web for a month now trying to figure this out. i Have one specific computer in a network, trying to reach some specififc email adresses and same location, and i always get this error in return. I have tried with win98, windows 2000 and windows xp i have tried with express 6, outlook 2000, outlook 2002, and outlook 2003 and eudora mail. i have even replaced the computer with a new one(new used one), and i still have this problem. how can i resolve this, and what is the spe...

Need help with m_wndStatusBar
Inside CMainFrame I have some code that I believe was generated by the framework. It does the Create and SetIndicators for the status bar. if (!m_wndStatusBar.Create(this) || !m_wndStatusBar.SetIndicators(indicators, sizeof(indicators)/sizeof(UINT))) { TRACE0("Failed to create status bar\n"); return -1; // fail to create } I have one user machine (XP SP2) that is crashing on startup. If I comment out the return -1 this machine runs fine. (The status bar is created(with the CAPS, NUM, and SCRL indicators). I attempted to use message boxes to trace the flow b...

Email Re-Direction Help Needed
Hi Here is what I want to do:- Someone sends an email to support@mydomain.com. I want that email redirected to three users. 1 is an external recipient, i.e. someone@otherdomain.com. I've tried adding the smtp address (support@mydomain.com) in the properties window of userA which is fine, but I am unable to add the same address to userB. I then tried this:- I created a useraccount called admin. I added the SMTP email addresses to that account in the AD: support@mydomain.com enquiry@mydomain.com feedback@mydomain.com info@mydomain.com I then logged into the outlook account of th...

E-mail hyperlinks-need to disable these #2
In Excel 2000 (I know, should update the program, but since I am low-level in a large government agency, this is not an option), is it possible to turn off the automatic creation of a hyperlink when entering an e-mail address? I'd like these to show as plain text, but I can't find any solution other than individually removing the hyperlink, but this is a pain when many addresses are created. I saw a solution for Excel 2002, but this doesn't appear in 2000 (Tools / AutoCorrect Options.... "Autoformat as you type" tab, uncheck "internet and network paths ...

I need a simple synchronization
Hi, I have one BYTE variable that is shared by main frame and worker thread. BYTE cmd; // global variable Main frame writes command code and thread reads and clear this variable and does something. After some surveys, I found MTGDI sample that shows how to use CRITICAL_SECTION. Would this be a suitable synchronization method for this case? Does any body know where MFC example(CCriticalSection)? Thanks in advance bbg Actually, the whole idea of what you are doing sounds suspect. Why are you using this technique when there are many more correct and effective ways of handling this idea. ...

Do I need to be inside the intranet to be able to use the new CRM Office 2007 client
Hi All: This is the scenario: A CRM USer, that has no access to the corp network (obviously his laptop neither), needs to use the client with Office 2007. When I try to test the escenario from outside the INtranet, I cannot specify a username and password. Cause I tried the installation, I am getting this warning "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." Any ideas? THANK YOU Alejandro Leguizamo SQL Server MVP Hi Alejandro, You need to be connected to the domain to setup the client, either in the corporate network or through a VPN connectio...

No Office Clipboard in Visio 2003?
Just installed Visio 2003 Standard. It appears that Visio 2003 doesn't allow the Office Clipboard to be used. Is this normal functionality, or is there something amiss? - Jeff Chapman Hi Jeff, Visio does not support the Office Clipboard. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jeff Chapman" <japchap@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OeqWuLGYFHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Just installed Visio 2003 Standard. It appears that Visio 2003 doesn't > allow the Office Clipboa...

Office 2007 Help Tab Not Available For All Users
The new Office 2007 Help tab (the "Get Started" tab replacement) appears to have a problem with multiple users. If I install it under my administrator account, then other accounts, including both admin and user level accounts, do not see the Help tab. It appears that I have to manually install it for each of the users on the computer. Has anyone else seen this problem? Also, does anyone have any ways to workaround this problem? For clarification, I am referring to the Help tab located at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=CFB1C570-89A8-44B6-B4...

Office 2003 on win 7
HI I Install Office 2003 on win 7 - can't import .pst The Imort button Is blank , what sould i do ? Thank, Moysh You would never import a PST in the first place. Use a supported method for data transfer instead. We post them here daily. The most likely reasons you have no import function is that you either haven't installed the importers and exporters or your Toolbar needs to be configured to show them. -- Russ Valentine "Moysh" <Moysh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E479938D-686B-4013-954A-DF30A4788002@microsoft.com... > HI > ...

Does the latest Office Service Pack allow the use of the PDF Maker toolbar in Excel?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3194459926_4136162 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit As I recall, it was the presence of the PDF Maker file that caused the harmless �Autoexec compile� error. Has that been resolved? --B_3194459926_4136162 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Does the latest Office Service Pack allow the use...

Replace text after punctuation
I have a number of cells that have text, some sort of punctuatio (example : or -) followed by text. An example of cell would be; tex text text: text text text. I want to remove the punctuation as well as the following text by usin the find & replace function. Is there some sort of criteria I can us that would do this? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com To make it simple, lets use Find/Replace to have only one punctuation. Now select the cells and use Data|Text to Columns and specify that the text is delimited by what ever punctuation symbol was used. Best wishes ...