my imac will not read disks #2

my I mac will not read disks that it has been able to in the past- I
have 0sx tiger.
0
mlford620 (2)

mlford620@gmail.com wrote:

> my I mac will not read disks that it has been able to in the past- I
> have 0sx tiger.

What kind of disks? Disks with Office data on them? Office install disks?
Since you posted in a newsgroup for Mac Office, that's why I'm asking. If
your iMac won't read any disks - a variety of CD/DVDs - this has nothing to
do with Mac Office and everything to do with a broken optical drive.
Contact Apple support for help with that.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers

having 2 axis???
Working on Excel 2000. Cay you put 2 axis onto a chart that could show a timeline plus the text values. Ie i work with ferries and have grids to show a time line of how long the ferry takes to make the crossing. I would also like to show the labels of what is happening ie Depart, accellerate, double accellerate, de crease speed, dock. I need to show these labels with the timelines that marry up with the scale on the chart ie 10 15 20 30 -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie ...

payee #2
Money is not remembering most my payee and also thinks all checks I written to the same payee. Is this money or my bank creating this problem? To further this question when I download my bank statement Money does not pick up who the merchant is, it just says withdrawal, so I have to go back and cross check the merchant and type in myself. I checked with my bank and they said check with Money of course. "Bailydog" wrote: > Money is not remembering most my payee and also thinks all checks I written > to the same payee. Is this money or my bank creating this problem? I...

Read Exchange Data
All, My client has asked me to give his users the ability to send and read emails from within their Access 2002 application instead of having to go out to Outlook. Currently, the environment is has follows: 1 - SBS2003 (with MS Exchange running) 2- Separate terminal server running the Access application - the application is divided into a front/back end database - each user has their own frontend database 3 - Normally, the user will create a VPN connection to the server and then start their Terminal Server session...

auto numbering 1,2,3,.....
Hi see you other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:30C9E412-FF9E-4205-B800-461CD7B89EB8@microsoft.com... > Maybe you are trying to Autonumber the rows in Excel. here is the solution: In cell A1 type 1. In cell A2 type 2. Select both cells with the mouse. In cell A2 there is a thick square in the bottom left corner. Click it, hold the left mouse button and pull down. Now you see a yellow boxes showing the numbers - 2, 3, 4... and so on. If you need the numbers from 1 to 10, release ...

New iMac
I just bought my first Apple computer after many years as a PC user. I currently take classes on line and had to download a test drive version of Word. I have purchased MacOffice but it says to uninstall any test drive versions first. How do I do that? Second, how do I set up a Password protected desktop. That way when the computer is powered up, no one can have access unless they have the password. Thanks, CowboyFan4Ever On 30/1/07 19:46, in article 1170182814.000180.60920@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com, "juanruthie@yahoo.com" <juanruthie@yahoo.com> wrote: > I ...

Outlook will not shut down #2
Outlook 2000 will not exit. Hangs on "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits" This is because I have Outlook 2003 on one computer and 2000 on another, both are connected to the same Exchange mailbox. I have all the necessary service packs and updates. I've detected and repaired and even installed Outlook on a different machine. I have also tried contacting the Microsoft support page but as we have a select license agreement I am unable to get the patch free of charge. Can anyone help Have your IT support staff contact Microsoft in regards to http://support.microsoft.c...

Changing font on a protected sheet #2
I meant to say is that in the 2000 version. I went to TOOLS>PROTECT>PROTECT SHEET and did not see a check box to allow formatting. Any ideas??? Thanks... yep. Kate wrote: > > Is that in the XP version??? > > >-----Original Message----- > >Kate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in > message > >news:48e701c4a70b$a11d0910$a501280a@phx.gbl... > >> Hi, > >> > >> I have a worksheet that I need to have protected so that > >> the user can make changes only in certain cells. > >> > >...

2 Locations, 2 Exchange Servers (2003 / SBS), 1 internet domain
Hey there, I have some questions on sharing SMTP address space. According to Q321721 "Sharing SMTP address spaces in Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003" it is possible to share a single internet domain over 2 exchange servers in different locations / domains (windows domains, this being SBS servers they can not be DC's in the same domain). There are 2 things I would like to know on this topic. The first one is, is this possible with 2003 SBS at all? I know SBS has a reduced version of exchange that only allows one site. Now I think SMTP sharing has nothing to do with...

Office Programs Will Not Open
I get the following error when I attempt to open office. Operating system is Windows 2008 x64 fully updated. It just started doing this. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: WINWORD.EXE Application Version: 12.0.6514.5001 Application Timestamp: 4a8e09fd Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Data: 00000008 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.18.10 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033 B...

OL 2003: Reading pane not available for DRAFTS folder
My wife first discovered this problem and then I too noticed it. When I have selected the DRAFTS folder, all the various READING PANE sub-menu items are grayed out. Is this a "feature" or a "bug?" -AH I'm not sure I'd call it a Feature, but it is by design. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...

how do you read .DMP files ?
Our Exchange Server crashed last night. It wrote a dump file that I want to read in order to find out why the system crashed. Do you know how to read these .dmp files ? Notepad doesn't work. Thanks in advance, chris You can use a utility called WinDBG. You can download it at the link below. http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/tools/symbols/default.asp I can tell you that unless you have some debugging experience this isn't going to help much. I would recommend opening a case with PSS if you want someone to analyze the dump file. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exc...

WMP will not find album information or connecto to Media Guide.
I'm using WMP 11 on Vista. Whenever I right click an album and "find album information" the window pops up and the globe in the top left corner spins but the window remains blank. I try to refresh by clicking the globe but nothing ever loads. It's the same story for using the media guide. Blank white page. I've reset IE, checked the firewall settings (even turning it off for a moment), confirmed all of the settings in WMP but I still can't find any album information. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? In the past I was able to use the ...

outlook on 2 computers?
Can I make my laptop and desktop sync outlook files over a network? If so how do you do it. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rod asked: | Can I make my laptop and desktop sync outlook files over a | network? If so how do you do it. ...

Old iMac
Have attempted unsuccessfully to mass move 1200 emails from my old imac to my new imac. My problem is identifying where and what files need transferring. Can someone point me to a refernce or share some wisdom as how to do this??? ...

Re: My outlook will not do spell check.
"Rottie" <mike@mhayes34.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:... > You will need a MS program like word. There is no Spell check in Outlook Express > Express > > > "Philip Wheeler" <pwheeler@surewest.net> wrote in message > news:00d401c3552e$342ac2a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > I have not been able to use the in program speel check > > for outlook express, since I loaded XP. What do I need > > to do to make it work? > > ...

Code will not compile
Hi I have copied code from this website and put it on a menu button "Backup" http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0026.htm However - this line of code will not compile: Private Declare Function apiSHFileOperation Lib "Shell32.dll" _ Alias "SHFileOperationA" _ (lpFileOp As SHFILEOPSTRUCT) _ As Long The error says: Only comments may appear after End Sub, End Function, or End Property What am I doing wrong? Stapes hi Stapes, Stapes wrote: > I have copied code from this website and put it on a menu button > "Backu...

search #2
i notice that the search facility doesnt work for dates before 2004....??? Can this be fixed - would save a lot of posts ...

2 spot colors only
I need to convert my Publisher 2002 document to spot color, maintaining black for all black text (in text boxes as well as in imported picture files - Excel charts and other TIFFs) and changing all other colors to variations/tones of a single spot color (PMS 349 - a green). According to the help file, I want to choose two spot colors - black first and a green second. I see how to modify/delete other spot colors, but although I specify only these two spot colors in the dialog box, the box below (stating which colors are used in my document) has 3 colors. According to the help file, ha...

Will pay for need help and occasional advise on using excel ....
"sorry if this is off post ...will be my last" Thx in advance for your help and interest. i am an independant oil and gas consultant and have a fair amount of computer experience but, am absolutely lost when it comes to data bases .... i found a database online (in .php format) that contains names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses of companies and people within the oil and gas industry ... i want to be able to utilize this db in excel so i can sort certain companies or people and use excels "mail merge" system to send them emails. ...

Upgrade will not complete
Anyone know how to spur the program to finish upgrading? Or to stop it? I cannot use the Reports feature because I get a message saying it's not available until the upgrade that is downloading in the background is finished. It appears to be stuck at 1% and will not finish...been like this for a few days. Any suggestions? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, mikesgirl wrote: >Anyone know how to spur the program to finish upgrading? Or to stop it? I >cannot use the Reports feature because I get a message saying it's not >available until the upgrade that is downloading in t...

New Shots of Office 2007 Beta 2 on Aero
New Shots of Office 2007 Beta 2 on Aero If you like Vista's transparency teamed with the new Office 2007 look, then you'll love these screenshots. For more details: http://ttcom.blogspot.com/2006/05/new-shots-of-office-2007-beta-2-on.html <ttadword@gmail.com> wrote: > New Shots of Office 2007 Beta 2 on Aero > > If you like Vista's transparency teamed with the new Office 2007 look, > then you'll love these screenshots. It looks "cleaner" thank the previous shots I saw, but I still don't know what to think about their "dynamic toolbar&...

VCard #2
How do I post my VCard within the body of my message? Everytime I insert the card it comes up as an attachment. That what's a Vcard is, what is it that you want to do with a Contact "Cheri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089f01c3d919$6cfac750$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I post my VCard within the body of my message? > Everytime I insert the card it comes up as an attachment. ...

auto sum will not work
I am new.. I did the tutorials.. I have a new spread sheet and I can not get the auto sum to work. I highlight my column and hit auto sum and it gives me a formula but no total. I pushed enter but I can not figure this out. I'm a dummy. Please help me. Sounds like the cell if formatted as TEXT. Change the cells format to GENERAL then hit function key F2 then hit Enter. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Soshagayle" <Soshagayle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C059BF57-C602-467E-B480-620A84DBCF15@microsoft.com... >I am new.. I did t...

2 Questions Importing Contacts and Auto Reponders
I ma working on an exchange server 2003 and I need to do 2 things. 1. Import contacts from a users personal address book into the global address book so that everyone has access to it??? 2. Two people have left the compnay and we want to send an auto responder telling customers these are no longer in use and that if they have any questions please email someone else for one type of question and someone else for a another type of question. How do set this up on exchange???? Ever Learning Net Admin 1. I know of no way to do this except manually. You might check http://www.slipstick.com ...

Making cards --2 to a 8 1/2 x 11 page
I want to make cards to send out for memorials, etc. I want 2 cards to a page, top folded 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. What happened to the old Picture It! Publisher 2001? Do you want to make these cards in Publisher? If you do, look at page setup, folded card, tent card, width 4.25, height 5.5. Publisher will say it will print two pages per sheet -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "A Holt" <A Holt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5F75EEF-B186-4960-9AEB-AF1C678492B7@microsoft.com... >I want t...