Multi language

Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages?
Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS =
X, do I=20
have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work. Does =
it now?
0
anonymous (74718)

joe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages?
> Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS X,
> do I have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work.
> Does it now?

Considering that the application would need a fairly deep rewriting to
be trnasformed as a packaged app and host multiple localization, I doubt
Office 2004 will offer that...

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
              (MS) MVP: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

Language
I am using RMS1.3 evaluation mode, I need to change the language but i find only English in HQ Administrator configuration setting tab. I will be appreciated if you help to resolve this issue. -- Mr. Ibrahim Zubair ...

Multi profile
I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular. Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide when minimized" is already OFF. thanks Hi abcd, have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is stil...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Systems.Canvas.X.0.2.925.MacOSX Adobe.Acrobat.7.0.Pro.for.Mac.OS 1CD Adobe Acrobat 6.0.0 Professional Mac OSX 1CD ...

HOW
PLEASE help me with this. Under Windows XP and Office 2003, for my email program I swiched from OE to Outlook and importing my address(contacts) by dragging one by one between the Windows Address Book and the Outlook Contacts within individual folders. Everything was alright except the names in non-English character.... all the non_English names was not displayed in its language, rather in ????. My OS and Office language setting is set to Korean as a default language and I didn't have any problem with any kind of Office(incl OE) to use both English and Korean. I have spent probably...

Hello is vc.language group still in existance
I want to subscribe. But no longer get access to it. Why? Thanks Jack On 6/9/2010 6:35 PM, Jack wrote: > I want to subscribe. But no longer get access to it. Why? > Thanks > Jack Because Microsoft wants you to quit supporting Windows and start working on Linux. "Jack" <jl@knight.com> wrote in message news:eOxuyxCCLHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I want to subscribe. But no longer get access to it. Why? > Thanks > Jack It has been replaced by http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vclanguage/threads/ -- Scott McPhillips [VC++...

Multi-threading with multi-port server
Hi guys, Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement server with multi- threading and multi-port? meaning, I would like my server to receive audio and video in different ports, and they run concurrently and send the data to clients. I am so lost, because I would mess up my .accept and .listen and setparent if i have videosocket and audiosocket object. I tried and it just froze. "Rehmet" <rgnurrahmat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8f9b7615-8252-4661-9949-8812b735aa00@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement serve...

Multiple Language Issues
Hi all, Has anyone successfully manually updated a non-English supported 5.5 to 2003? (The reason for the manual update was a broken admin account.) Mail and contacts were all exported to PST files, and then imported to 2003. However, although the text of the messages is fine (English and Russian), the text for contact names and message subjects gets gorched if they contained any Russian text. Does anyone know the correct sequence to follow to take messages and contacts in Russian (or other languages) from 5.5 to 2003, while retaining the non-English subject lines and contact names? ...

Multi Store Workflow Question
We have one store and a warehouse. We need to order and receive items at the warehouse and transfer them to the store. We need the store to be able to see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse. Is anyone doing something like this, and how easy it it? At a recent demo, this required many steps, logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc. Very confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day. Marvin: Microsoft RMS HeadQuarters would be the solution for you. You can view the inventory in Warehouse and items on order from the Store Mihir Shah Diviasoft, In...

Multi axis chart
Hi, I want to show a stacked chart, ie 4 products sales value in a given month. But then compare it to the prvious years results. I know you could use a 3D chart to show 3 axis, however I can't find how to have the 2 axis (last year and this year) stacked. Hope you understand what I'm asking A 3D chart is more likely to obscure than show anything. I'm not sure what you're looking for. Perhaps a stacked-clustered column chart, where each column in the cluster has the four stacked values for each year. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-co...

Multi language
Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages? Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS = X, do I=20 have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work. Does = it now? joe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages? > Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS X, > do I have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work. > Does it now? Considering that the application would need a fairly...

Multi-select list box for multi-column query
Hi, I have a list box lstBudVols from which I want users to select 4 items. Once these are selected, I want to use the selection for each as criteria for a different column in a query eg select 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 in the list box, the output columns would be: TSL 2010 2011 2012 2013 xx xxx xxx xxx xxx I've done this earlier already using 2 different list boxes, but it would not be a smooth, well built database if the user had to select from 4 different lists. Is there a way of modifying: For Each vItm In Me.lstBudVols.ItemsSelected strWhat=etc I need...

Restoring Public Folders in multi-site environments
Hello, we have 1 exchange organization, 4 exchange servers in 4 locations and have public folders replicated to all 4 servers. Some days ago, one of admins accidentally delete one folder with subfolders using System Manager:-( We are going with restoring public store on one of servers. All goes fine, until replication was done. Folder became deleted once more, due to replication from other 3 servers. I search MS site regarding this fact.., but nothing found. As I understand, there should be some mechanism like authoritative restore for AD, but I've only found utility authrest.exe,...

SmartList Builder Multi-company
When you create a multi-company SmartList, how can you get it to list the company that the record comes from? For example, I built a SmartList to give me all the GL account numbers and descriptions for 10 different companies. But when I run it, I can't tell which company it it pulling a particular account from. I tried to link the Company Master, but it only links to a couple of temp tables. If you create a view with the information, you can add a company reference and display it in your SmartList. "terrideo" wrote: > When you create a multi-company SmartList, how...

Multi-sheet bar chart data problems
Hi folks, I have a multi-sheet workbook. Each page has a sell containing a total - let's call it "D2" again... :o) I want to take data from cell "D2" on each sheet and make a "clustered column" chart. I also want each column to take the name of each sheet, thus: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ |______|______|______| sheet1 sheet2 sheet3 etc. Is this possible? I have tried using the Chart Wizard but, when I select cell D2 across all sheets... Data range: ='sheet1:sheet4'!$D$2 ....it returns an error: "Refer...

Help resolving multi to multi relationship
I have two tables that I need to pull revenue data from and link to a customer, but am running into a problem. Here's what the tables look like... TABLE_1 CID AcctNum ProdID Revenue TABLE_2 AcctNum ProdID Revenue Note: each table references different ProdIDs. So the problem I'm having is that there are multiple AcctNums per CID (not surprising - I'd just group by CID, if that were the only thing), but ALSO some AcctNums map to multiple CIDs. I've determined that in these cases, the CIDs that map to the same AcctNum ARE in fact the same customer, th...

Pageheader in a multi columns
I have a report in a 3 columns page setup. I insert a Logo in the pageHeader. I see the Logo in the first column. At the top of the second and third column I see a white space, the same hight of the logo, and this I would like to avoid. Thanks in advance Mansoor Define "I would like to avoid". Does this mean you don't want the space taken or do you want to see copies of the logo? If you want copies of the logo, copy the logo twice more above the columns. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Mansoor" wrote: > I have a report in a 3 colum...

problem with multi byte characters display
We have one application where we are taking inputs from users using a form and then we are compiling a mail using these inputs. Then using "mailto:" we are invoking outlook to send the mail. The problem we have observed is: If you enter japanese words in input form field on windows (english) machine the multi-byte words are represented in their hex encoding in the mail. I have observed that the encoding scheme used in the mail is UTF-8. Similar issue is not observed with windows (japanese). That is the characters are represented correctly over there. Can some one explain this beh...

Default OMA language
Hi I have exchange 2003 Is there any way to change the default OMA language? Defaults to english and I�d like to be spanish Thanks a lot Isaac Isaac, Guess you refer to OWA (Outlook Web Access). I had the same question, and turns out this is a setting at your browser (which has to be Internet Explorer); we use Brazilian Portuguese and did the trick at the workstations. All you have to do is open "Tools | Options | Languages" and select Spanish to be the first language to be displayed (if it isn't there, you select "Add..." to put it in). You might have to cl...

Multi line watermark
Is there a way to create a 6 line watermark in Word 2007? Thank you in advance for your help Yes. Watermarks are just WordArt, which can have multiple lines. You may not be able to do this through the WordArt dialog, but you can certainly create it manually, as a washed out WordArt object anchored to the header and formatted as Behind Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dottie" <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24E106FB-D6A0-4CDE-82D0-CF6A024C5517@microsoft....

Multi-Currency Investment Accounts!
I am using Money 2005 (US Version). I am using the base currency as the US Dollar. I have 2 investment accounts which are USD & Euro. I have several transaction in both accounts that include Stock, Mutual Funds, & Other investments. The problem is reporting the average cost of the Euro denominated investments. When i recorded a Euro stock i have also recorded the Euro Exchange Rate at that time ( as an example, in december 2003 Buy 100 shares at Euro 10 - exchange rate 1.1)... The pertfolio manager indicates that the average cost of this investment is 9.24 Euro, and not 10 E...

add support for other languages
I want to add support for other languages like Germany, French etc. Is it possible to have the menus and the text inside the dialog boxes with this support? Can someone give some references. Thanks in advance >I want to add support for other languages like Germany, French etc. Is it >possible to have the menus and the text inside the dialog boxes with this >support? Sam, The recommended method is to have each language's resources in a separate resource DLL and load them from there. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks Dave, I think I'll cope with th...

Passing Multi-Select to a Query
I sometimes need to pass the results from a multi-select list box to a query, e.g., "Apple" or "Orange" or "Grape" etc. I've done this before by writing a bunch of code to build a concatenated string from an array of selected values, but it gets kind of tedious. Anybody know of a slick way to tell a query "use all the values in this array as criteria, and accept anything that matches"? Or better yet, "Use everything that has been selected in control x", skipping over the whole array part? I could probably write a function to...

Multi-Company for payroll & common paymaster
Question: We are not a payroll service. I have 3 companies with the same owners. As an example, for the 3 companies the FICA would be 94,200+94200+94200 or 282,600 X the FICA rate. WIthout common paymaster, they would pay an extra 7,206 per owner on a current annual basis. 94,200 X 7.65. Does Dynamics GP provide common paymaster tracking? From what I understand the common paymaster concept can reduce the amount of payroll taxes that corporations need to pay for employees who are concurrently employed by two or more related corporations. This concept allows related corporations to...

Multi-select listbox
I have a listbox on form frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu called listClient and then a command button called cmdPreview. I want to select multiple values and then when clicking the button open my query qryTrainingDateForClientWithCriteria. The field there would be numClient. I read some posts from Douglas Steele and understand it can only be done with code. I have no idea where to start. please help On Jan 21, 12:26=A0pm, ant1983 <ant1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a listbox on form frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu called listClient a= nd > then a comma...