MS Word Updaters

I'm working on a PowerBook, OS 10.4.11

I had MS Office 2004 version 11.3.5. I downloaded the updaters from Microsoft website and in succession ran 11.3.7, 11.3.8, 11.3.9, 11.4.0. They all ran properly but when I restarted MS Word, it's information reads version 11.3.8 and I cannot rerun the updaters?

Any idea what's going on. Am I running 11.4.0 and the info is wrong, or did the last two installers 11.3.9, 11.4.0 fail to work.

By the way, I restarted and retried 11.3.9, 11.4.0 but to no avail.

Marc
0
mpkmac (2)

In article <ee8dde3.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>,
 mpkmac@officeformac.com wrote:

> I'm working on a PowerBook, OS 10.4.11
>
> I had MS Office 2004 version 11.3.5. I downloaded the updaters from Microsoft
> website and in succession ran 11.3.7, 11.3.8, 11.3.9, 11.4.0. They all ran
> properly but when I restarted MS Word, it's information reads version 11.3.8
> and I cannot rerun the updaters?
>
> Any idea what's going on. Am I running 11.4.0 and the info is wrong, or did
> the last two installers 11.3.9, 11.4.0 fail to work.
>
> By the way, I restarted and retried 11.3.9, 11.4.0 but to no avail.

You're doing nothing wrong.

Office consists of 4 applications and dozens of components. Not all
applications in Office are updated in any particular update. Updates
11.3.9 and 11.4.0 don't directly update Word, so they don't rewrite the
file just to change the update number.

You can look at the Read Me files in the updaters to tell which files
are updated in any particular update.

If you don't trust AutoUpdate, or the downloaded updaters, you can
always check the latest update to Office by looking at the version
number of the

   Microsoft Component Plugin

file in your

   HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:

folder. That is ALWAYS updated.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
2/18/2008 3:44:26 PM
Thank you so much J.E.

That's makes perfect sense and my mind's at rest.

Marc
0
mpkmac (2)

MS word as default email editor
this is the first time i am using windows mail. in all earlier versions like outlook / express etc, i know this option where you can use word as default editor for composing all new mail messages. this ensures that we can format / allign / bullet etc just like in word. However, this windows mail thing is not showing me this option of using word as default editor for composing all new messages / replies. please suggest / advise. i am talking about the POP windows mail available with Vsta in the start menu. "needhelp" wrote: > this is the first time i am using wi...

Payments not updating Customers Account
Hi All, I made number of account payments at POS. Some have arrived on customers account and others have not. I can see the journal entries for the transaction but the account shows no payment made. Any suggestions. Deck Hi Deck I have the same problem, although I can only see that it is affecting one account at the moment but two payments? I haven't had a resolve yet, If you get one will you let me know? -- Jenny "Deck" wrote: > Hi All, > > I made number of account payments at POS. Some have arrived on customers > account and others have not. I can se...

how i can make checkbox on Ms. Excel? #2
how i can make or use checkbox on ms. excel? Open up the forms Toolbar and select the checkbox. Draw the checkbox on the screen wherever you want it to reside. Right Click on it to edit or format the Box. HTH Michael "life_urelife@yahoo.com" wrote: > how i can make or use checkbox on ms. excel? ...

Developing for Word 2003 & 2007
I am currently developing an addin which can be used under 2003 and 2007. Does anyone have any information on the relative market of 2003 vs 2007? Where might I find this information. The specific market I am interested in is higher education and secondary education. Currently it works EXACTLY the same under both 2003 and 2007 and I am trying to work out how long I need to support 2003. For those who are intersted below are the main things I have done to exist in the 2003 and 2007 universes: * use userforms for the interface rather than toolbars or ribbon * stay away from...

ms exchange 2k smtp address list
Hi All, just started in an organisation and they all have several smtp mail address setup in exchange 2k. How can i generate a list of all address' on the exchange server? Without having to go into every user account and writing them down. You could use LDIFDE to dump addresses: ldifde -f c:\output.ldf -l mail,proxyaddresses This would dump the mail (primary) and proxyaddresses (secondary) addresses of your users to file. It includes the DN, so you'll be able to see which user has what address. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexc...

User MS Contact to MS CRM Contact
Hello Experts!! I would like to ask something regarding the functionality of MS CRM. Is there any way to import selected contacts from user mailbox to MS CRM Contacts??? I know that with MS Sales for Outlook you can import MS Contacts, but the problem is that I can´t choose which contacts I will convert to CRM, so for example, if the user has personal contacts that shouldn’t be in CRM Contacts how can the user "in a easy way" export and convert them to CRM selecting only those contacts that should be in CRM from MS Outlook?? Is there any function as "Create CRM Cont...

word 2007- not saving files- does not bring up save box
Can't save any doc/docx when you try to save either save /saveas or ctrl s nothing happens and word crashes. Think it may have something to do with auto recovery of files? I have tried to change the normal.doc also but nothing seems to work. any thoughts greatly appreciated? Would it be simplest to reinstall? Thanks That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has been running when updates are installed. Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA selected, press DELETE. Word will automatically recreate a new key w...

Update error-ID 8024D007
No update does work any more, neither "Microsoft update" nor "Windows update". Antivirus-software (Kaspersky IS 2009) is disabled. The internet update function on other workstations in the lan works without any problems. There's no server in lan, workstations are behind a common internet router. Error 0x8024D007: (The disired page couldn't be displayed ....) Same error on both versions of update-method. I use the german version of windows xp sp3, messages are translated. The error did already exist at windows xp sp2 and appeared first in april 2009. ...

When replying, OL says Word is busy...
This problem just started happening about two weeks ago, but I can't figure out the cause or solution. I'm using Outlook XP (from the Office XP suite) on Windows XP. If I try to reply to an email (or forward it), OL will pause... then come back with the error message: "This form requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The or will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." (That's the exact word-for- word message) Once I get that error, it won't even try to use Word as my editor again unless I close it and open it again. ...

Was the IMF updated taken down??
The link from http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/default.mspx is returning the search page Link to IMF Update: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=41026. Alex here is the direct link. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c1ea8cf1-48c9-4e43-a4eb-82d9a83fd4a7&displaylang=en "Alex Zammit" <alex@blockspamwindeveloper.com> wrote in message news:uFk76tqCFHA.2380@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > The link from http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/default.mspx is returning > the search page > > Link to IMF Update: > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink...

sending ppp txt to word document
I have a multislide presentation. I'm trying to send the text to Microsoft Word. The operation works fine, except for the fact that some of the text will not transfer. It is as if text on certian slides is protected or soemthing. If I'm in the individual slide, I can selcet the text without a problem. I would simply do this were it not for the fact that I need to transfer text from more than 40 seperate presenations, each with 30-60 slides. Help! You can set slides to be hidden in PowerPoint - you have an option to hide slides in the slide sorter view. Check to see if t...

Trial Version of MS POS
I just received my trial version and am trying to run it to evaluate the software. I have activated the software, but after it said it was activated the screen said "Click Finish to start MSPOS". I did that, but nothing happened any ideas on why it's not opening. I would like to look at it on my home computer to determine if it's the software I want to use for my store. Thanks to anyone for your help. Additionally, after I activated the software, in the Activation Wizard the screen now says "To skip the conversion process and open POS trial version, click Cancel...

Quicken Invoices to MS Money Invoices
I am attempting to bring all may data over from Quicken Small Business 2003 to Money Small Business 2005. The accounts convert fine except for the business accounts. My invoices, projects and estimates come over as a standard account. In the process, all the form data is lost. The numbers are there but none of the invoice data. How or can I bring this business data over from Quicken? I want to convert over but am not willing to re-enter two years worth of invoice and payment data. Thanks, In article <MPG.1ca6347da05dbaa98968e@news.west.cox.net>, nothere@nowhere.net says... > ...

update failure
I keep trying to install and I get a message that an instance of setup is already running. And, when trying to install "important updates", the process never is completed and runs forever Microsoft Windows XP Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install) The updates show as 0 KB when they have been previously downloaded to the system. Windows Update is detecting their presence in the Download subfolder of Software...

Word 2007 Is Non-Functional
HELP! Yesterday, Word 2007 worked fine. Today, after some Microsoft auto updates were applied (one was a security update to Office (KB978380)) it fails every time. If I start Word and try to save or open a file - crash ("Microsoft Word has stopped responding"). My system has a QX-9650 Quad-Core with 8GB of memory and dual video cards in a quad-SLI configuration (2GB VRAM). I have one application open (Word) so system resources are not an issue. I'm running Vista x64. I went to the Technet site and found an article on Word continually crashing but neither ...

Embedding font causes Word 2003 to crash
I'm sending a document to someone, and the letterhead has Lucida Casual font, so I want to embed that so it looks correct on the other computer. I click Tools, Options, Save, and choose Embed Fonts. I've also tried choosing to only embed the characters that are used, and not to embed common system fonts. When I then save the document, Word crashes and shuts down. I tell it to report the problem, but it tries and tries and never finishes. When I come back into Word, there is no evidence that I even had the document open before. Help! -- Terri ...

MS Outlook 2007 #2
I have recently changed my email signature, from using Outlook 2003 to using Outlook 2007. When I send an email, the signature I attach is all squashed up on the receiver end, all the spacing lines have been removed? Does anyone know why this happens. My email signature was created using MS Frontpage (HTML) file. Any advice will be most welcome. -- Thanks, Claire (UK). What options are given if you edit your signature, within Options/Signatures? "Claire" <Claire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82A44E2-F9F3-486E-8D39-922C546FE8B3@microsoft.com... ...

automate copying text in Word doc to Access db
I’m having trouble with the following process: Access 2003 Database: WordDocImport.mdb Table: WordDocText Field_A: text field link/hyperlink to a MSWord document: C:\demowordfile.doc - The document contains no fields and is merely text Field_B: memo field currently empty Need to: In a macro automate the process of importing/copying The text in the Word document C:\demowordfile.doc into the Access table WordDocText’s Field_B Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide David Tyler, Toronto, Canada What kind of trouble are you having exactly? "davidtyler&...

Can I control the time of Internet updates?
I have certain of my credit cards to update once a day, and I noticed it seems to do that right around midnight. I suspect one of the cards has their systems doing something then, as the update for that one always fails. But when I do another update in the morning or any other time, it succeeds. So I was wondering if I could change it to do the update at a time other than midnight, but it doesn't seem to give me that ability? thanks ...

July Windows Update killing RPC over HTTP?
I have experienced the following: I have a remote laptop w/Outlook 2003 going to E2K3 w/RPC over HTTP. Everything works fine; after applying the latest Windows Update Cumulative Security roll-up, Outlook can no longer find the Exchange svr, although it does get the domain/username authentication prompt. Anyone else experienced this? romrunning@yahoo.com (Rom) wrote in message news:<8034adc2.0408041209.48396aca@posting.google.com>... > I have experienced the following: > > I have a remote laptop w/Outlook 2003 going to E2K3 w/RPC over HTTP. > Everything works fine; after...

using applescript to save as word 2004 format
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I save in word 2004 format with applescript and word 2008 Why do you need Apple Script? File> Save As, select Word 97-2004 Document (.doc) from the Format: list. If it's a matter of needing to use that format routinely set it as the default format in Word> Preferences> Save. If your needs are more complex than those options address you'll have to provide a far more complete, detailed & accurate description of them before anyone can even consider whether an Apple Script solut...

Trouble referencing, vlookup, ms query
I have a database in excel that we needed to add a matix to. I did th matrix in access and ran a query through microsoft query. The quer returns an ID tag that I need to reference to a database using vlookup The vlookup is supposed to obtain all the information about the ID Problem is excell seems to read the tag coming from the query differen than I need it to. For instance it returns the number 136776......bu will not pull the ID information, yet if I delete the reference to th query and just type in 136776 it will work and pull all the informatio I need. Any ideas on what I need to do? (no...

Images on a Form [ms Access 2007]
I do volunteer work at a local Museum. I have set up an Access DBase using ms Access 2007. It has an image table - each record lists several details about a scanned image the Museum holds and the last field holds the full Image Path. The Image Form shows the details one record at a time and has an Image Frame on it. How do I code the form so that the Image changes as each record changes? Bob "Bob Matthews" <rgmatthews@orcon.net.nz> wrote in message news:4b607417$1@news.orcon.net.nz... >I do volunteer work at a local Museum. > > I have set ...

Unblock email button in MS CRM 3.0
Hi, When I view an email that has been tracked in CRM 3.0 (with update rollout 2.0) there is a message that says "the email below might contain script or content that is potentially harmful and has been blocked' Of course I may click unblock - however I have a requirement where I need this disabled by default. Upon testing I have minimised all IE (v7) browser settings and have had no success. Has anyone come across this as a solution or does anyone know if this is hard coded by Microsoft ? I have searched for registry entries however can only find 'UnblockedTargetrUrl' on the...

I set Word 2004 to show two pages side by side, now how to fix it?
I think I was trying to print a pamphlet with 2-sided printing, but now I just want the normal view. It's straining my eyes and this is the default view for new documents. At least with *Windows* versions of Word, the zoom is saved with the file. You should be able to open the Normal template as a file and set the desired zoom; after you've saved the changes, the chosen zoom ratio would then apply to all new, blank documents. For more on this, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm (note that the instructions are for WinWord). -- Stefan Blom ...