MS Access

Why doesn't MS support MS Access for Macintosh?  Since I work in an
educational environment that's mostly PC with MS Office begin the main
suite, it would only be logical that since the PC version of MS Office
contains MS Access for database entry, the Mac version of MS Office would
also have MS Access.

0
redclawx (4)

In article <BE09D66D.5FB8%redclawx@hotmail.com>,
 Red Claw <redclawx@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Why doesn't MS support MS Access for Macintosh?  Since I work in an
> educational environment that's mostly PC with MS Office begin the main
> suite, it would only be logical that since the PC version of MS Office
> contains MS Access for database entry, the Mac version of MS Office would
> also have MS Access.

Too much investment for too little market...

Given the current Mac market share, the existing cross-platform
alternatives (Filemaker Pro and 4D), and that Access consists of
millions of lines of spaghetti code that would cost far more to port to
the Mac than could possibly be recouped in sales, it's a sound business
decision to not offer it.

Should one of those factors change significantly, I'm sure that MacBU
would look again at porting..
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
1/12/2005 2:31:34 AM
Since you work in an educational environment, I believe you can get 4D for
both Win and Mac for free, and use that instead.
http://www.4d.com/products/academic

PS.  There are about seven different configurations of "MS Office" for
Windows, each containing different programs.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
1/12/2005 2:44:57 AM
Hi Red,

If you're question is interpreted to mean, "Why doesn't Microsoft *make*
MS Access for the Mac?" then the answer is what JE McGimpsey said. The
market is too small and the product would likely be a money loser for
Microsoft. There's no sense for Microsoft to intentially lose money on a
product.

On the other hand, MS Access does have some support on the Macintosh,
although it is quite limited.

There are two ways to get at tables in Access. One way is to use ODBC
and MS Query with Excel. Using this method SQL queries can be executed
directly with Access data tables. The queries used in Access can also be
used with Excel and MS Query.
<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/excel2004/using.aspx?pid=usingexcel2004&type=howto&article=/mac/LIBRARY/how_to_articles/office2004/xl_ODBC.xml>

Another way is to synch Access data tables with Excel via a workbook
that is shared in a directory that is accessible by both Macs and PCs.
This works because MS Access can save reports and tables in Excel
format, and Excel workbooks can be shared by both Macs and PCs
simultaneously.

Things that can't be brought across are reports. You will need to
re-create reports in Excel or use a combination of Excel and Word's data
merge manager. Using Word's data merge manager is actually a much more
powerful report generating tool than the rather wimpy one within MS Access.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

Red Claw wrote:
> Why doesn't MS support MS Access for Macintosh?  Since I work in an
> educational environment that's mostly PC with MS Office begin the main
> suite, it would only be logical that since the PC version of MS Office
> contains MS Access for database entry, the Mac version of MS Office would
> also have MS Access.

0
goldkey74 (611)
1/12/2005 5:27:49 PM
Red Claw <redclawx@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Why doesn't MS support MS Access for Macintosh?  Since I work in an
> educational environment that's mostly PC with MS Office begin the main
> suite, it would only be logical that since the PC version of MS Office
> contains MS Access for database entry, the Mac version of MS Office would
> also have MS Access.

Why bother with Access?

[4] Oracle Database 10g and Oracle JDeveloper 10g Now Shipping

Now certified on Mac OS X Server, Oracle Database 10g is the first
database designed for grid computing, offering a cost-effective way
to manage enterprise information. Developers can download both
Oracle Database 10g and newly certified Mac OS X integrated
development environment, Oracle JDeveloper 10g, direct from the
Oracle website.

<http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/h
tdocs/macsoft.html>

<http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/jdev/index.html#10g>

--
To me, a personal computer should be small, reliable, convenient to use
and inexpensive.

Steve Wozniak, creator of the Apple II, in BYTE Magazine, May 1977.
0
hlexa (19)
1/14/2005 7:37:16 PM
Hi Jim, Red Claw, et al-

At the risk of getting in the middle here & with all respect for the
comments from everyone on the thread, there are valid points on each
"side". I don't believe MS is intentionally trying to dupe Mac users,
but there doesn't seem to be a real effort to dispel the common
misconception that "Office is Office". By the same token, I fully agree
that responsibility lies with the user to look beyond the large print
to determine exactly what he is getting for his money. It also stands
to reason that Access is not what you would call a "personal
productivity package", so if it were included I'm sure many people were
being forced to buy something (expensive) they'd never use.

Where my dissatisfaction comes from is the disparity within the
individual programs. As you accurately point out, ODBC is an option.
But please note that "option" is the key word. The link you were kind
enough to provide essentially links to other sites where a Mac user can
BUY ODBC drivers. They're included in the PC version of Excel, but not
for Mac even if you invest in Professional. I fully comprehend all the
points made about the cost/profit ratio of porting Access, but ODBC
drivers? C'mon! (BTW - even with them, XLMac still doesn't provide Web
Queries, does it? - another standard feature in XLPC.

Another aspect lacking in the quite valid techniques you suggest is
Access Forms. From the standpoint of controlling data entry, accurately
presenting data selectively from multiple related tables, automation
through macros/vba triggered by Form event properties, etc., users are
still relegated to raw data access and have no design capabilities for
Forms or any other Access objects.

As for:

"All that having been stated, in response to
And for some Mac users, they've never touched a Window
machine therefore they "don't know how to use one.""

The Mac users would have to learn the program, itself, no matter which
app or which platform it runs on. The only thing they need to know
about the Windows machine is how to double-click a shortcut icon on the
desktop. That doesn't sound like much of a challenge to a Mac user. I
don't mean to sound like a computer snob, but I've been training apps &
OS on both platforms for over 10 years. IMHO, any user on either
platform who can't readily migrate to the other with a virtually flat
learning curve probably isn't as capable on their native platform as
they think they are.

One last morsel as food for thought: 25% of a  staff of 170, rounded
down to 40 X 5 days @ MacWorld (meals, lodging, transportation, tips,
hospitality suites, etc.). Wanna guess how close to $250K that is? Half
of that could provide a lot of ODBC drivers.

Thanks for your indulgence! I hope I haven't irked anyone unless I've
irked everyone. I try to be an equal opportunity irritant!

Best to all!

In article <1106334899.379590.246350@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
 "CyberTaz" <generaltaz1@comcast.net> wrote:

> One last morsel as food for thought: 25% of a  staff of 170, rounded
> down to 40 X 5 days @ MacWorld (meals, lodging, transportation, tips,
> hospitality suites, etc.). Wanna guess how close to $250K that is? Half
> of that could provide a lot of ODBC drivers.

Careful with your assumptions. Half of MacBU is 45 minutes or so from
SF. Most people were not there for 5 days. A lot of other business got
done by many that would have required travel anyway.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
1/21/2005 10:56:37 PM
Hi CyberTaz,

I suppose that Windows users could gripe that their version of Office is
not up to snuff in many ways with the Mac Office 2004. No office-wise
photo special effects, no scrapbook, no version checker, no save as PDF,
etc. Unfortunately, I doubt most of them will investigate Mac Office.
Their loss, I guess.

I think you'll find that most of the ODBC support is part of Microsoft
Windows rather than Microsoft Office. For this reason I look to Apple,
not Microsoft, to supply these drivers for Macintosh. Other database
programs such as FileMaker Pro, MySQL, and Oracle would be better served
if Apple were to provide these drivers.

If Apple were to get serious about database stuff then corporate IS
folks would have even less quicksand to stand on when they push
Microsoft Windows onto their clients. The new iMac mini is a powerful
little box and it's priced competitively to many Windows box
configurations. If ODBC were in place and enough mac units were rolling
out the door to corporate users then MacBU would likely re-evaluate
their "No Access" position. Microsoft's pretty smart. If they see Mac
boxes replacing Windows boxes then you can bet they will want to have
their product in place ready to roll. But first, there has to be solid
evidence of sales (chicken or egg, yea i know).

-Jim

--

CyberTaz wrote:
> Hi Jim, Red Claw, et al-
>
> At the risk of getting in the middle here & with all respect for the
> comments from everyone on the thread, there are valid points on each
> "side". I don't believe MS is intentionally trying to dupe Mac users,
> but there doesn't seem to be a real effort to dispel the common
> misconception that "Office is Office". By the same token, I fully agree
> that responsibility lies with the user to look beyond the large print
> to determine exactly what he is getting for his money. It also stands
> to reason that Access is not what you would call a "personal
> productivity package", so if it were included I'm sure many people were
> being forced to buy something (expensive) they'd never use.
>
> Where my dissatisfaction comes from is the disparity within the
> individual programs. As you accurately point out, ODBC is an option.
> But please note that "option" is the key word. The link you were kind
> enough to provide essentially links to other sites where a Mac user can
> BUY ODBC drivers. They're included in the PC version of Excel, but not
> for Mac even if you invest in Professional. I fully comprehend all the
> points made about the cost/profit ratio of porting Access, but ODBC
> drivers? C'mon! (BTW - even with them, XLMac still doesn't provide Web
> Queries, does it? - another standard feature in XLPC.
>
> Another aspect lacking in the quite valid techniques you suggest is
> Access Forms. From the standpoint of controlling data entry, accurately
> presenting data selectively from multiple related tables, automation
> through macros/vba triggered by Form event properties, etc., users are
> still relegated to raw data access and have no design capabilities for
> Forms or any other Access objects.
>
> As for:
>
> "All that having been stated, in response to
> And for some Mac users, they've never touched a Window
> machine therefore they "don't know how to use one.""
>
> The Mac users would have to learn the program, itself, no matter which
> app or which platform it runs on. The only thing they need to know
> about the Windows machine is how to double-click a shortcut icon on the
> desktop. That doesn't sound like much of a challenge to a Mac user. I
> don't mean to sound like a computer snob, but I've been training apps &
> OS on both platforms for over 10 years. IMHO, any user on either
> platform who can't readily migrate to the other with a virtually flat
> learning curve probably isn't as capable on their native platform as
> they think they are.
>
> One last morsel as food for thought: 25% of a  staff of 170, rounded
> down to 40 X 5 days @ MacWorld (meals, lodging, transportation, tips,
> hospitality suites, etc.). Wanna guess how close to $250K that is? Half
> of that could provide a lot of ODBC drivers.
>
> Thanks for your indulgence! I hope I haven't irked anyone unless I've
> irked everyone. I try to be an equal opportunity irritant!
>
> Best to all!

0
goldkey74 (611)
1/22/2005 10:16:46 PM
Does microsoft support event trapping for OfficeX on Mac?

Best,

James
0
James6891 (359)
4/14/2005 12:54:01 AM
Hi,

You can use events in Microsoft Visual Basic and also in AppleScript in
Office for the Mac.

-Jim
--

James wrote:
> Does microsoft support event trapping for OfficeX on Mac?
>
> Best,
>
> James
0
goldkey74 (611)
4/14/2005 1:06:16 AM
On 4/13/05 6:06 PM, in article e7wGq4IQFHA.2584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, "Jim
Gordon MVP" <goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com> wrote:

> You can use events in Microsoft Visual Basic and also in AppleScript in
> Office for the Mac.

Actually only VBA. There's no equivalent of the AutoMacros event trapping in
AppleScript.

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP MacOffice

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Microsoft Office you are using -
**2004**, X  or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions
otherwise.

0
berkowit (221)
4/14/2005 3:56:35 AM
Thanks, Paul.  I was thinking of "DoVisualBasic."  Would that work?

-Jim

--

Paul Berkowitz wrote:
> On 4/13/05 6:06 PM, in article e7wGq4IQFHA.2584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, "Jim
> Gordon MVP" <goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com> wrote:
>

>>You can use events in Microsoft Visual Basic and also in AppleScript in
>>Office for the Mac.
>

> Actually only VBA. There's no equivalent of the AutoMacros event trapping in
> AppleScript.

0
goldkey74 (611)
4/14/2005 4:40:55 PM
No. 'do Visual Basic' can certainly be run from any external AppleScript at
any time, but there's no way to attach a script to a document such that it
runs automatically when you open the document.  I suppose you could set up a
stay-open applet (in ~/Startup Items) that was always open and running an
idle handler every few seconds to check whether Word was running and if
specific named documents existed (i.e. were open), and if so, to do
something. But this is much, much clunkier than a macro "embedded" in the
document itself triggered from an AutoExec macro on open.

I don't think that even a Folder Action in the Finder would work here (I
haven't use them much). Attached to the folder containing the document, it
would only notice if you added a new doc, or removed one, or maybe re-saved
one, not if you opened a doc.

The problem is not with sending Word commands, it's with knowing when to
send them. There's no way to attach an AppleScript to a document that is
triggered by an Open event, as you can with AutoExec VBA macros. It's the
one limitation of AppleScript - but a carefully considered one, I think.

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP MacOffice
Entourage FAQ Page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/index.html>
AppleScripts for Entourage: <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/>

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Microsoft Office you are using -
**2004**, X  or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions
otherwise.

> From: Jim Gordon MVP <goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office
> Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:40:55 -0400
> Subject: Re: event trapping?
>
> Thanks, Paul.  I was thinking of "DoVisualBasic."  Would that work?
>
> -Jim
>
> --
> Jim Gordon
> Mac MVP
> MVP FAQ
> <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs>
>

> Paul Berkowitz wrote:
>> On 4/13/05 6:06 PM, in article e7wGq4IQFHA.2584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, "Jim
>> Gordon MVP" <goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> You can use events in Microsoft Visual Basic and also in AppleScript in
>>> Office for the Mac.
>>

>> Actually only VBA. There's no equivalent of the AutoMacros event trapping in
>> AppleScript.

0
berkowit (221)
4/14/2005 5:27:55 PM
Does this mean that the "autosever" of any running office application, such
as word, excel, powerpoint, etc, has not been implemented in a way that
allows external applications to register for events. If so, there won't be
any means of attaching this handler from external sources.

mac users are treated so "badly" by microsoft folks. Any plan to add this in
the future mac office suite? How about office 2004?

Best,

James

"Paul Berkowitz" wrote:

> No. 'do Visual Basic' can certainly be run from any external AppleScript at
> any time, but there's no way to attach a script to a document such that it
> runs automatically when you open the document.  I suppose you could set up a
> stay-open applet (in ~/Startup Items) that was always open and running an
> idle handler every few seconds to check whether Word was running and if
> specific named documents existed (i.e. were open), and if so, to do
> something. But this is much, much clunkier than a macro "embedded" in the
> document itself triggered from an AutoExec macro on open.
>
> I don't think that even a Folder Action in the Finder would work here (I
> haven't use them much). Attached to the folder containing the document, it
> would only notice if you added a new doc, or removed one, or maybe re-saved
> one, not if you opened a doc.
>
> The problem is not with sending Word commands, it's with knowing when to
> send them. There's no way to attach an AppleScript to a document that is
> triggered by an Open event, as you can with AutoExec VBA macros. It's the
> one limitation of AppleScript - but a carefully considered one, I think.
>
> --
> Paul Berkowitz
> MVP MacOffice
> Entourage FAQ Page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/index.html>
> AppleScripts for Entourage: <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/>
>
> Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
> ignored.
>
> PLEASE always state which version of Microsoft Office you are using -
> **2004**, X  or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions
> otherwise.
>

> > From: Jim Gordon MVP <goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com>
> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office
> > Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:40:55 -0400
> > Subject: Re: event trapping?
> >
> > Thanks, Paul.  I was thinking of "DoVisualBasic."  Would that work?
> >
> > -Jim
> >
> > --
> > Jim Gordon
> > Mac MVP
> > MVP FAQ
> > <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs>
> >

> > Paul Berkowitz wrote:

> >> Actually only VBA. There's no equivalent of the AutoMacros event trapping in
> >> AppleScript.

0
James6891 (359)

Access & XML
Anyone know of a decent Training Site for using XML w/ Access? A Client is willing (pay the cost) to send me to XML Training. I would be using SQL Server & Cognos (perhaps Oracle) XML Tables into Access. Then automating Reports to Excel. TIA - Bob ...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

MS Outlook 2007

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS CRM Certification question

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

MS Money 2005 Basics

exchange 2003 email access
Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being authenticated by the DOMAIN? I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one exchange and accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name. Thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org Can you explain what you're trying to achieve a little more? Are you trying to get users from domain A to access an exchange server in domain B? "Raul Rego" wrote: > Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being > authenticated by the DOMAIN? > > I have two domains in di...

Problem with TransferSpreadsheet in Access 2007
I'm having a problem with the TransferSpreadsheet method in Access 2007. The TransferSpreadsheet method is exporting a query to Excel, and it has been working fine under Access 2002. Under 2007, however, Access seems to truncate up some of the query column names, with the result that Access doesn't recognize them and prompts me for values for those columns. The problem is reproducible, occurring on the same columns every time. If I open the query directly the column names are fine and it exports to Excel with no problems; it seems to happen only with the TransferSpreadsheet meth...

Access 2003 >> Access 2007 (Run-time error 2467)
Hi. I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007. Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures is Form_Current event, which contains something like std = "SELECT ....." Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." Anyone has any ideas how to fix this? Technically, that shouldn't work in Access 2003 either, but it wasn't quite as sticky about the syntax. To refer t...

MS Access

Helo command rejected: Access denied
Hi all, I got a problem when i try to send message, the error message as below : Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing Sent: 29/7/2004 11:55 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'support@xxx.COM' on 29/7/2004 11:56 The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=xxx (HK) Lt;l=xxxEX01-040729035523Z-29495 MSEXCH:IMS:xxx(HK) Ltd.:TDHK:xxxEX01 3554 (000B09B6) 554 <xxxex01.xxx.com>: Helo command rejected: Access denied ...

Access 2003 Report won't attach to an email message.
I have placed the following code behind a command button. DoCmd.SendObject acReport, "rptPO_EmailViewOnly", "HTML(*.html)", Forms!frmMain!sfrmPOMultiTAB!frmPOHeaderViewer!SupplierEmailAddress, "", "", "Purchase Order", "", True, "" The problem is once the email message is generated the report attachment is not added to the message. To try and fix the problem, I installed Office 2003 SP3. After that, the attachment worked but is not able to be opened, I get an error message "The operation failed due to network or ...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Tractor Fed Labels in Access 2002 on Okidata ML591
I am trying to print Model Name, technical data, and serial number on one label for each unit we produce. We do about 200 per day. The Tools: Access 2002 and Okidata Microline 591. I create a table with the data, and one row for each label I want to print. The serial numbers are the only difference in each row. I created a Report in Access with the LABEL Wizard and defined all the parameters. I Load the label roll into the Okidata ML591 and begin to print. After 6 labels it skips 1.25 inches, throws off all the alignment onto the Custom Printed Label Stock and now I have to stop; reset t...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

calendar access in exchange 2003 and in owa 2003
Hi What is the easiest way to allow company wide access to everyone's calendar? Also is it possible to open other users calendars with owa in exchange 2003? Also have a user who cant open a public folder,but everyone else can,any clues?There is full control on permissions for this user. thanks mark wrote: > Hi > What is the easiest way to allow company wide access to > everyone's calendar? Everyone needs to share their calendar and assign permissions appropriately (best to set permissions via groups, not individual users) > Also is it possible to open other users ca...

can't access mailbox
Some of our remote mailbox (over branch office vpn) can't access exchange mailbox in Outlook ... Please provide more information. Could mailboxes ever be accessed? Does DNS resolution work across VPN? Can you ping hostname and FQDN? Are there any ports not open through the VPN? What version of Outlook? Exchange? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "info@u-s-tech.com" <infoustechcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AF39F3E-EFFB-47BE-963E-7D93837A6F00@microsoft.com... > Some of our remote mailbox (over branch office vpn) can't acces...

help cant import backup.pst access denied
I am trying to move my account and all the folders to a new computer. I copied the backup.pst file to a cd rom. When I try to import it I am told Access Denied........ Doug Hi Doug, You need to copy the PST to the hard drive then import from it there. HTH Harvey Yancey [MSFT] harveyy@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Doug" <doug57@www.com> wrote in message news:%23bznHN%23yDHA.3520@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am trying to move my account and all the folders to a new computer. I > copied the...