Microsoft word problem!

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

When I open Microsoft word it brings up a passed document that I wrote and saved. I then threw it in the trash and it is stil coming up. It is on the screen everytime I open up word. This is also a paper that I wrote in test rive and now I have the actual program. What should I do?
Thanks

Every time you create a new Word document, this document is based on a
template called Normal.dotm. You have somehow managed to put this text into
your Normal template, which is why you can see this strange behaviour. To
fix the problem, go to ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User
Templates and drag Normal.dotm to the trash (with Word closed, of course).
There might also be a Normal template from the Test Drive version of Office
2004 on your hard disk, which can also cause problems. Go to
~/Documents/Microsoft User Data and drag the file called "Normal" to the
trash as well. If you now open Word, a brand-new Normal template will be
generated (blank by default).

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)

.pst size problem
I know I am an idiot. I didn't archieve my Outlook 2003 .pst files when repeatedly prompted to do so. So I am admitting that right up front, and will understand the shower of abuse. With that understanding, my .pst file somehow reached over 4 gigs, but this was evidently not a problem until yesterday morning when Windows crashed for some unknown reason (black screen after POST). I decided to take the opportunity to upgrade from XP to 7, and Outlook 2003 to 2007. After installation of Win 7, all my old files were intact under the Windows(old)file, and after I loaded Outlook 2007, I ...

More Date problems
I have a macro that deletes returned records older than 7 days. It first sorts the data into returned date order then checks to see if the first cell is empty (no records returned) and if so, re-sorts the data into the original order (a different date) and quits. If the first cell contains a date less than 7 days old ie date >today()-7, again it re-sorts and quits, otherwise it deletes the data older than 7 days, re-sorts the remaining data and quits. At least that what is supposed to happen The line to check the age of the date in the macro below doesn't work. G6 contains a control ...

Rules Wizard: Forward email function problem
Outlook has a rules wizard. The rules wizard allows you to turn any message around and send it on somewhere else to another party. What I want to do is turn the message around, maintain the privacy, say by using a distribution list. SO I created one and I get this message 'ABC Distribution List' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of "ABC Distribution List' instead? I do not want to do that but would prefer to forward it as a BCC. There is no setting for this. I would also like to forw...

Printing Problem in SQL Reporting Service
Hi, Seen a couple of posts about this but no conclusion. Trying to print a SQL Report from CRM and getting an error 0x80004005. These reports can be seen on screen and exported but cannot be directly printed to any printer. Checked all IE settings and put them as low as possible. The only other thing that might be contributing is Sophos AV. Any answers anyone ? Regards Peter. ...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Creating Labels Using Word 2002
Please help. Dell tells me that I cannot use the mail merge function in Word 02 with Outlook 02 to create labels. I get stuck after selecting my contact folder with a Data Link Properties box that comes up and prevents me from finishing task. Is Dell correct and/or is there a work- around. Dell is not correct. As long as you have Outlook set up as your default mail and Contacts program and have the Outlook Address Book configured correctly in your default Outlook profile, you can do a mail merge. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/pri...

MS Word Fields

Microsoft Promo

Backing up problem
Each time I back up my Money and close out of it, then when I open it back up all of my accounts and information are gone, and then I have to restore my accounts from my backup. Also, when I back up it now takes three disks, where before, it always only took one. I don't have anymore information in it than I did before, so why is it taking 3 now? In microsoft.public.money, Melody wrote: >Each time I back up my Money and close out of it, then >when I open it back up all of my accounts and information >are gone, and then I have to restore my accounts from my >backup....

microsoft XL

Problem installation CRM 3.0
Hi, While installating CRM 3.0 I get half way through installing and it come up with this error: Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed. Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004415D I have looked through other posts on this but none of the 'workarounds' fix it. I have had a previous installation of which I would like to keep the data for but have uninstallated and am now trying to re-install, I have also removed the license from the dbo.License table. I only had the first installation for one month, so should still have another 2 months left of the trial. Please...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

problem selecting names from address book
I have a user running outlook 2003 on xp pro when he trys to send a new message as soon as he clicks on the "to:" field to select a name outlook hangs and has to be killed through task manager. if he types in an email address it works fine, if he goes to his contacts and selects a name the email will work with no problems it is only when he click on the "to" field that outlook hangs. we have un/reinstalled office a couple of times and it still happens, this is one user out of 25 that has this problem our back end is Exchange running on SBS-2003 all service packs and updat...

removing the word (blank) from pivot table cells
I generated a pivot table in an excel spreadsheet. Is there any way to instruct excel not to show the word (blank) in blank cells? Thanks Select the cell that contains (blank), and type a space character. Or, if you don't want to include the data for blanks, click the dropdown arrow on the field heading, and remove the check mark from (blank). techman41973@yahoo.com wrote: > I generated a pivot table in an excel spreadsheet. > Is there any way to instruct excel not to show the word (blank) in > blank cells? > Thanks > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book Li...

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Mac Word 2008 envelop tool
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm using an HP Laser 1022. After using the envelop tool on Mac Word 2008 the printed orientation is different from the one I see on the screen. I've experimented with many different ways to correct this but haven't found the answer. Thank goodness I have an older PC Word that works fine. Well, since you haven't specified your exact update levels & it's impossible for us to know what "different ways" you've experimented with let's start with the basics :-) First, ...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....