Microsoft Office X #5

Version: Older version
Processor: Intel

I'm not sure that whether am I eligible to purchase the upgrade version of Microsoft office 2008 if I am the user of Microsoft Office X?
0
Khoo (2)

On 8/5/09 9:41 PM, in article 59b79b1d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Khoo@officeformac.com" <Khoo@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure that whether am I eligible to purchase the upgrade version of
> Microsoft office 2008 if I am the user of Microsoft Office X?

Yes, you qualify, but if you don't need Exchange, it's cheaper to get the
full Home & Student version. It also comes with 3 CD keys.

Home & Student version: $104.99

<http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Upgrade $189.99

<http://tinyurl.com/lbw94x>

Any upgrade CD will require you to have the old version installed or the CD
available during the install to show proof of purchase.

The Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition $214.99

<http://tinyurl.com/lcv342>

Hope this helps!

--
Diane

> On 8/5/09 9:41 PM, in article 59b79b1d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "Khoo@officeformac.com" wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure that whether am I eligible to purchase the upgrade version of
> > Microsoft office 2008 if I am the user of Microsoft Office X?
>
> Yes, you qualify, but if you don't need Exchange, it's cheaper to get the
> full Home & Student version. It also comes with 3 CD keys.
>
> Home & Student version: $104.99
>

> Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Upgrade $189.99
>

> Any upgrade CD will require you to have the old version installed or the CD
> available during the install to show proof of purchase.
>
> The Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition $214.99
>

> Hope this helps!
>
> --
> Diane

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the information.
By the way, what do you mean of the "Exchange"? Does it means to the Server Exchange support?
0
Khoo (2)
8/6/2009 6:20:08 AM
Hi,

> By the way, what do you mean of the "Exchange"? Does it means to the Server
> Exchange support?

Yes, that's what it means. The Home & Student edition of Entourage cannot
access Exchange servers. If you have an Exchange account, get an upgrade to
the Standard edition; if you don't, get the H&S edition instead. Keep in
mind that if you plan to use Office 2008 for commercial purposes, you will
need to get the Standard or Professional Media edition.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP - Macintosh

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)