Microsoft Office Mac v.x Product Key

I'm reinstalling all software on my imac to include Office v.x.  Upon
trying to open the Office applications I am being asked to insert my
product key, which generates an error.  I called customer support who
told me that my version is no longer supported.  Does anyone have any
suggestions for me to get my product key to work?  Right now my Office
applications are useless to me.

Wayne

0
wayne.sr (3)

On 2/28/07 12:35 PM, in article
1172684143.390819.326530@z35g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Wayne"
<wayne.sr@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm reinstalling all software on my imac to include Office v.x.  Upon
> trying to open the Office applications I am being asked to insert my
> product key, which generates an error.  I called customer support who
> told me that my version is no longer supported.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions for me to get my product key to work?  Right now my Office
> applications are useless to me.
>
> Wayne

If you are sure you have a valid product key look at it carefully. It's very
easy to get eight and B, 6 and G, 1 and L  mixed up among others.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)
2/28/2007 5:47:10 PM
It may also be a matter of how you got your Office software *OFF* your iMac
in the first place - or did you? If you dragged stuff to the trash or did
anything other than run the Remove Office utiity to fully & properly remove
all treaces of the previous installation your "new" install can't use even a
valid, correctly entered key because there is already a record of it on the
same system. Have a look here & follow the steps for Remove & Reinstall
Office:

http://word.mvps.org/mac/Diagnose.html

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

"Wayne" <wayne.sr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm reinstalling all software on my imac to include Office v.x.  Upon
> trying to open the Office applications I am being asked to insert my
> product key, which generates an error.  I called customer support who
> told me that my version is no longer supported.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions for me to get my product key to work?  Right now my Office
> applications are useless to me.
>
> Wayne

0
CyberTaz
2/28/2007 9:38:59 PM
On 2/28/07 9:35 AM, in article
<wayne.sr@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm reinstalling all software on my imac to include Office v.x.  Upon
> trying to open the Office applications I am being asked to insert my
> product key, which generates an error.  I called customer support who
> told me that my version is no longer supported.

The person obviously didn't listen to you. You are not asking for product
support, but help with a purchased product registration key. There is no
limit on this type of support AFAIK.

> Does anyone have any
> suggestions for me to get my product key to work?  Right now my Office
> applications are useless to me.

Once in a while the Product Key itself is corrupt or invalid. See this
user's account:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/user/index.html#user7>

Before you go into WWIII to get the problem solved, use this as a good
excuse to buy a new version of Office. You can find copies of Office 2004 at
quite reasonable prices now. Heck, I even have a copy with VPC that I've
never opened that I purchased for a family friend that never got around to
using it. Ungrateful ingrate.  :-)

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page

0
dross1571 (196)
2/28/2007 10:20:49 PM
On 1/3/07 9:20 AM, in article C20B4041.4A617%dross@nospam.mvps.org.invalid,
"Diane Ross" <dross@nospam.mvps.org.invalid> wrote:

> On 2/28/07 9:35 AM, in article
> 1172684143.390819.326530@z35g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Wayne"
> <wayne.sr@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm reinstalling all software on my imac to include Office v.x.  Upon
>> trying to open the Office applications I am being asked to insert my
>> product key, which generates an error.  I called customer support who
>> told me that my version is no longer supported.
>
> The person obviously didn't listen to you. You are not asking for product
> support, but help with a purchased product registration key. There is no
> limit on this type of support AFAIK.
>
>> Does anyone have any
>> suggestions for me to get my product key to work?  Right now my Office
>> applications are useless to me.
>
> Once in a while the Product Key itself is corrupt or invalid. See this
> user's account:
>
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/user/index.html#user7>
>
> Before you go into WWIII to get the problem solved, use this as a good
> excuse to buy a new version of Office. You can find copies of Office 2004 at
> quite reasonable prices now. Heck, I even have a copy with VPC that I've
> never opened that I purchased for a family friend that never got around to
> using it. Ungrateful ingrate.  :-)

Wayne, I endorse entirely what Diane says.  Office X was built on a beta
version of OS 10.1, and Apple has developed the OS vastly since then.
Consequently, Office 2004 is much more solid, and at the cheap prices now
available, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade if I were in your shoes.

Clive Huggan
============

On Feb 28, 8:03 pm, Clive Huggan
<REMOVETHISoff...@ANDTHISstrategists.com.au> wrote:
> On 1/3/07 9:20 AM, in article C20B4041.4A617%dr...@nospam.mvps.org.invalid,
>

> "Diane Ross" <d...@nospam.mvps.org.invalid> wrote:
> > On 2/28/07 9:35 AM, in article
> > 1172684143.390819.326...@z35g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Wayne"
> > <wayne...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >> I'm reinstalling all software on my imac to include Office v.x.  Upon
> >> trying to open the Office applications I am being asked to insert my
> >> product key, which generates an error.  I called customer support who
> >> told me that my version is no longer supported.
>
> > The person obviously didn't listen to you. You are not asking for product
> > support, but help with a purchased product registration key. There is no
> > limit on this type of support AFAIK.
>
> >> Does anyone have any
> >> suggestions for me to get my product key to work?  Right now my Office
> >> applications are useless to me.
>
> > Once in a while the Product Key itself is corrupt or invalid. See this
> > user's account:
>
> > <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/user/index.html#user7>
>
> > Before you go into WWIII to get the problem solved, use this as a good
> > excuse to buy a new version of Office. You can find copies of Office 2004 at
> > quite reasonable prices now. Heck, I even have a copy with VPC that I've
> > never opened that I purchased for a family friend that never got around to
> > using it. Ungrateful ingrate.  :-)
>
> Wayne, I endorse entirely what Diane says.  Office X was built on a beta
> version of OS 10.1, and Apple has developed the OS vastly since then.
> Consequently, Office 2004 is much more solid, and at the cheap prices now
> available, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade if I were in your shoes.
>
> Clive Huggan
> ============

Thanks Clive, if I purchased an upgrade version, how would my computer
demonstrate that it has an earlier version since I can't get Office X
to finalize installation?  Wouldn't I have the same problem I am
experiencing now?
Wayne

0
wayne.sr (3)
3/1/2007 10:57:17 AM
When installing the 2004 upgrade you'll be asked to point to the location of
the "Prior Version" - insert the Office X install disk & direct the
installer to that drive.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/1/07 5:57 AM, in article
1172746637.325655.40910@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com, "Wayne"

On Feb 28, 12:47 pm, Bob Greenblatt <b...@nospam.com> wrote:
> On 2/28/07 12:35 PM, in article
> 1172684143.390819.326...@z35g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Wayne"
>
> <wayne...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > I'm reinstalling all software on my imac to include Office v.x.  Upon
> > trying to open the Office applications I am being asked to insert my
> > product key, which generates an error.  I called customer support who
> > told me that my version is no longer supported.  Does anyone have any
> > suggestions for me to get my product key to work?  Right now my Office
> > applications are useless to me.
>
> > Wayne
>
> If you are sure you have a valid product key look at it carefully. It's very
> easy to get eight and B, 6 and G, 1 and L  mixed up among others.
>
> --
> Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
> bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

Thanks Bob, I was getting the eight and B mixed up.  Now when I open
the applications it says that I have exceeded the number of
installations and then it automatically quits, Any suggestions?

Wayne

0
wayne.sr (3)
3/1/2007 11:38:48 AM
In article <1172749128.064305.82610@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "Wayne" <wayne.sr@comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks Bob, I was getting the eight and B mixed up.  Now when I open
> the applications it says that I have exceeded the number of
> installations and then it automatically quits, Any suggestions?

Sounds like you used the same key as an existing installation on your
network.

If you want to run Office on two machines at the same time, you need two
licenses.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
3/1/2007 12:21:55 PM
.... And if it *isn't* a network issue, see my earlier post :)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/1/07 7:21 AM, in article
jemcgimpsey-9AE480.05215501032007@msnews.microsoft.com, "JE McGimpsey"
<jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

> In article <1172749128.064305.82610@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>  "Wayne" <wayne.sr@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Bob, I was getting the eight and B mixed up.  Now when I open
>> the applications it says that I have exceeded the number of
>> installations and then it automatically quits, Any suggestions?
>
> Sounds like you used the same key as an existing installation on your
> network.
>
> If you want to run Office on two machines at the same time, you need two
> licenses.

On 3/1/07 2:57 AM, in article
<wayne.sr@comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks Clive, if I purchased an upgrade version, how would my computer
> demonstrate that it has an earlier version since I can't get Office X
> to finalize installation?  Wouldn't I have the same problem I am
> experiencing now?

This would only apply if you purchased an Upgrade version. I believe you
will find the full version at very reasonable prices now.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
One of the top five MS Entourage resources listed on the Entourage Blog.
<http://blogs.msdn.com/entourage/>

0
dross1571 (196)

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office�98 Macintosh Edition Entourage�2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

changing the x axis in a scatter plot
I'm trying to graph this: on x axis: on y axis: age class log10 survivorship 0-9 3 10-19 2.98 20-29 2,98 30-39 2.93 When i graph it the x axis has numbers like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc; doesn't have the 0-9 thing going on. Now...is it possible to make it 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc on the x-axis? Thanks in advance!! Hi, An xy scatter is expecting a pair of values, as the name suggests, an x and y value. You have a band of values for your x's. Try using a Line chart in order to get a category x ax...

BDL and Office 2003 Standard
Hi, I installed BDL in my workstation (Windows XP SP2, Firewall disabled) with Office 2003 Standard edition. The toolbar "Insert From CRM" shows, but when I click it, nothing happens. No task pane shows for CRM entities, though my task pane is visible. Does anyone experienced the same dilemma? Please advise. ...

error message: the color scheme registry key is missing or is corr
Now I know there was a post before on this and none of these solutions worked. I have Vista, Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2007. I have had no problems till today and have been using this for over a year I've done system restores, ran the dignosic, uninstalled... and looked for the files to delete and there are none... Please Help! Have you created custom color schemes? Have you tried deleting them? They are in a folder similar to this: (hidden) C:\Users\<<user name>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Publisher The custom schemes are custcols.scm. You can rename them to custcols.old or...

out of office assistant not working
hi.. i have set out of office assistant from the EXCHANGE SERVER2000and from the client side outlook too..but its still not working,when i sent an e-mail locally.it does not says the person is not in the office.it goes to the inbox.. any ideas ...

AutoReply Out Of Office Messages
In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first message sent to that person. I seem to remember a setting to recieve it with every message, while the out of office is on. Anyone know where??????? Shawn C <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto > reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first > message sent to that person. That's the way it's supposed to work. -- Brian Tillman ...

how to download office 2003 web components
when I will try to access data analysis page and there is message to download office 2003 web components . but it is downloading to late in network from project server 2007. I want it separately then copy at the team member computer and install there directly . i dont want to download from project server 2007 server . Kindly tell me the location of these components . Sam: A simple Google search would answer this question. See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7287252C-402E-4F72-97A5-E0FD290D4B76&displaylang=en -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT,...

Primary Key that Contains Number as a String & starting with zero
I have two forms: frmFaculty and frmCourse. I have linked these two forms through the FacultyID. When I open the frmCourse through the frmFaculty it transfers the FacultyID because I given frmCourse OnCurrent the following language: If Me.NewRecord Then [FacultyID].DefaultValue = Forms![Faculty]![FacultyID] End If My problem is that if the FacultyID is 094511 for some reason it does not pick up the zero. This is odd because I made this field into a string. Can someone help me in explaining how do I make the zero appear in the front when I open the frmCourse? Thank you!! ...

active x controls
I am new to Outlook. Whenver I try to send an email in html I get a message saying that my security settings prohibit running Active X controls and my page may not display properly. How do I change this setting or get rid of message? Could it have anything to do with recently downloading a smiley toolbar? Any help much appreciated. In news:3A3F139B-0D0E-4FD0-BFD3-A850C99E05C8@microsoft.com, yushilot <yushilot@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say: My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: > I am new to Outlook. Whenver I try to send an email in html I get a > me...

Microsoft Promo

Does anyone have a customizable Edgeworth (production) box graph?
I'm looking for an example of an Edgeworth (production) box, already existing in Excel, and that can be modified with specific data. Hi Lisa, You could look here - http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/cheer/ch102/msimf1.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/cheer/ch102/ch102p10.htm&h=378&w=695&sz=10&hl=en&start=1&um=1&usg=__mBrlBNrOVcE3T0l34GFTbwPd25o=&tbnid=RAxYoRyj5nrndM:&tbnh=76&tbnw=139&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dedgeworth%2Bbox%2Bdiagram%2Bin%2BExcel%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff There is a ...

Can not turn Out of Office autoreply off
I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! I can not find any information on how to disable it now. Help greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance... "rdlari" <rdlari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA44F8F9-3C34-4800-95D8-238EEB6551EF@microsoft.com... >I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. > > I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! > I can not find any information on how to ...

microsoft XL

determining slopes that exceed x
I have created elevation profiles of state park trails that I have GPSed. The X is distance in miles, the Y is elevation in feet, plotted on a scatter chart (the locations of the GPS points is not uniform). I would like to show the areas of the trail that exceed a particular slope in a different color. I suspect I would have to create a new data series that includes just those areas and then add it to the chart. How do I determine which areas meet the criteria a set forth? ...

removing office 2003
Our nonprofit was donated a computer with Office professional 2003. We do not have the installation source. How can I get it out of computer. Remove program does not work, message says "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it". Microsoft apparently doesn't want us to use the program but will not allow us to remove it and replace with genuine copy! Help! Donor has been non responsive. ...

Possible issue when migrating Office to a new system?
About a week ago, my office received two brand new Quad-core MacPros. Gorgeous pieces of machinery. I, being one of the only ones in our office with any sort of professional Mac IT background (mainly just setting up new machines for users and transferring their old files to their new computer through a backup server) my boss allowed me to set up her new computer. This is when the fun began. I successfully partitioned and reinstalled Tiger onto the computer, and installed all the necessary software. When it came time to transfer the files, I used Apple's Migration Assistant, and copied ove...

SEARCH and FIND and V.LOOKUP combined
Hi... I wonder... I am using the v.lookup function in a cell. But the text in the matrix and the cell with the lookup value not always are exactly the same. Ex; "Hull" and "Hull City" or "dumb" in "Old dumb fart" I have found that I can use SEARCH or SEARCHB to find a word in a text string. How do I use SEARCH in combination that with the v.lookup function in a formula? -- Vennlig hilsen �yvind Granberg tresfjording@live.no www.tresfjording.com Or do I use MID or MIDB? How do I combine that one with v.lookup? -- Vennlig hilsen �yvind Gra...