microsoft office install - forgot to uninstall test drive first

Office:mac student/teacher edition was installed on our new i-mac
before "uninstallinng" the "test drive" version first.  Do I have to
uninstall both versions (and reinstall the purchased version) or just
the "test drive" (does that leave the purchased version operating?).
If I have to reinstall the student/teacher edition, (which is good for
3 installs) is one of those now wasted? Or can I do numerous installs
on the same computer without penalty?

0
zbrown1 (1)

zeb wrote:
> Office:mac student/teacher edition was installed on our new i-mac
> before "uninstallinng" the "test drive" version first.  Do I have to
> uninstall both versions (and reinstall the purchased version) or just
> the "test drive" (does that leave the purchased version operating?).
> If I have to reinstall the student/teacher edition, (which is good for
> 3 installs) is one of those now wasted? Or can I do numerous installs
> on the same computer without penalty?

Uninstall everything and start again.  It's much simpler that way.

The three installs refers to the number of copies running at any one
time, not the number of attempts at installation.  Therefore, you don't
"waste" a copy installing it again.

PhilD

--
<><

0
phildeaves (51)

How to: Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code
I need to : Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code and extract the file attachment. I have hundreds of these emails that we need the attachments extracted from. But the .msg files are on a hard drive. Someone help me out here.... I need the code to open and access the mailitem.... how do I open a .msg file? Use the CreateItemFromTemplate() method for that. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "B...

Server install HOL
Hi all: I just posted a new HOL covering the server installl... http://blogs.msdn.com/jstraumann/ -- John [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script or code samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. ...

RAID / hard drive problems getting worse
Hi -- I have an SBS 2003 SP2 server with four Seagate SATA drives on two mirrored RAID sets. The RAID is provided by an on-board Intel RAID chip; the system is running Intel Matrix Storage drivers and console (v 8.9.0.1023). Several months ago, the system started to fail one of the hard drives (Array_0001, port 2) and mark the RAID set as degraded. The first few times it happened, I just reset the warning and told the RAID controller to mark the drive as normal, and the array rebuilt without issue. But the problem would recur after a week or two. Drive diagnostics never showed any ...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

BDL and Office 2003 Standard
Hi, I installed BDL in my workstation (Windows XP SP2, Firewall disabled) with Office 2003 Standard edition. The toolbar "Insert From CRM" shows, but when I click it, nothing happens. No task pane shows for CRM entities, though my task pane is visible. Does anyone experienced the same dilemma? Please advise. ...

TEST 07-31-10
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_001D_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0" ------=_NextPart_001_001D_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable TEST ------=_NextPart_001_001D_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTM...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

out of office assistant not working
hi.. i have set out of office assistant from the EXCHANGE SERVER2000and from the client side outlook too..but its still not working,when i sent an e-mail locally.it does not says the person is not in the office.it goes to the inbox.. any ideas ...

Test named range exists & exclude worksheet if it doesn't
Hi All I'm trying to adjust the following code which some amazing experts from this discussion group have written for me - but (being a novice) I obviously haven't done it properly... Your help would be appreciated: The macro searches all workbooks except "Overview Template", GRP Wkly Collection, the destination worksheet & hidden worksheets. It needs to finds all worksheets where the defined range named: "GRPResults", exists. For all those worksheets, it copies the GRPResults range, and pastes values/formats into the destination worksheet ...

AutoReply Out Of Office Messages
In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first message sent to that person. I seem to remember a setting to recieve it with every message, while the out of office is on. Anyone know where??????? Shawn C <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto > reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first > message sent to that person. That's the way it's supposed to work. -- Brian Tillman ...

how to download office 2003 web components
when I will try to access data analysis page and there is message to download office 2003 web components . but it is downloading to late in network from project server 2007. I want it separately then copy at the team member computer and install there directly . i dont want to download from project server 2007 server . Kindly tell me the location of these components . Sam: A simple Google search would answer this question. See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7287252C-402E-4F72-97A5-E0FD290D4B76&displaylang=en -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT,...

Microsoft Promo

Can not turn Out of Office autoreply off
I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! I can not find any information on how to disable it now. Help greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance... "rdlari" <rdlari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA44F8F9-3C34-4800-95D8-238EEB6551EF@microsoft.com... >I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. > > I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! > I can not find any information on how to ...

microsoft XL

combining last name first name mid initial
I'm a teacher who is responsible for breaking down a file with 2000 students and 200 teachers in 5+ classes each into individual department files. There are three NAME cells - Last name, First name, Middle initial in each row. Row 1: Cell 1 - Jones; Cell 2 - Mary; Cell 3 - Z. I need to have those three cells for each student combined into one cell with a formula so that I can cut and paste a section of students into another excel file so that textbooks can be scanned. Row 1: Cell 1 - Jones, Mary Z We've done it in the past, but we've lost the formula. Thanks for saving my ...

removing office 2003
Our nonprofit was donated a computer with Office professional 2003. We do not have the installation source. How can I get it out of computer. Remove program does not work, message says "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it". Microsoft apparently doesn't want us to use the program but will not allow us to remove it and replace with genuine copy! Help! Donor has been non responsive. ...

Possible issue when migrating Office to a new system?
About a week ago, my office received two brand new Quad-core MacPros. Gorgeous pieces of machinery. I, being one of the only ones in our office with any sort of professional Mac IT background (mainly just setting up new machines for users and transferring their old files to their new computer through a backup server) my boss allowed me to set up her new computer. This is when the fun began. I successfully partitioned and reinstalled Tiger onto the computer, and installed all the necessary software. When it came time to transfer the files, I used Apple's Migration Assistant, and copied ove...

Problem installation CRM 3.0
Hi, While installating CRM 3.0 I get half way through installing and it come up with this error: Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed. Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004415D I have looked through other posts on this but none of the 'workarounds' fix it. I have had a previous installation of which I would like to keep the data for but have uninstallated and am now trying to re-install, I have also removed the license from the dbo.License table. I only had the first installation for one month, so should still have another 2 months left of the trial. Please...