Microsoft Office 2008 product key/commercial use.

Hi, I recently purchased a copy of Office 2008 home and student edition, but
intend to use the programme to generate income; I realised that this is not
possible due to the non-commercial license of home and student so I purchased
a copy of the Special Media Edition.
I removed Home and Student from my mac and then installed Special Media
Edition and have not been asked for a CD Key. As it stands, can I now use the
programme for commercial use?
0
MACUser (1)

On 6/25/08 12:16 PM, in article
24E67F13-5068-4B7F-B295-E859F0B1D3F8@microsoft.com, "macuser"
<macuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi, I recently purchased a copy of Office 2008 home and student edition, but
> intend to use the programme to generate income; I realised that this is not
> possible due to the non-commercial license of home and student so I purchased
> a copy of the Special Media Edition.
> I removed Home and Student from my mac and then installed Special Media
> Edition and have not been asked for a CD Key. As it stands, can I now use the
> programme for commercial use?
In my opinion, yes. You have correctly purchased and installed the right
version for your use.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)
6/25/2008 5:21:02 PM
See this page for instructions on changing the CD key used on the machine:
http://www.entourage.mvps.org/version/license_version.html#reset

On 6/25/08 11:16 AM, in article
24E67F13-5068-4B7F-B295-E859F0B1D3F8@microsoft.com, "macuser"
<macuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi, I recently purchased a copy of Office 2008 home and student edition, but
> intend to use the programme to generate income; I realised that this is not
> possible due to the non-commercial license of home and student so I purchased
> a copy of the Special Media Edition.
> I removed Home and Student from my mac and then installed Special Media
> Edition and have not been asked for a CD Key. As it stands, can I now use the
> programme for commercial use?

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
Office & Mac Resources: <http://home.earthlink.net/~mickey.stevens/>

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

MSO Rules using "or"
I have recently moved from using OE to MSO. I have found the message rules that use the "or" operator only acts on the first item. e.g. my rule is: with "A" or "B" or "C" in the senders address move it to "X" and stop processing more rules. This rule only acts on the first item ("A") and ignores the rest. I have tried re-arranging the A B and C, but it always acts only on the first item. Where am I going wrong? Cheers, Brodie anyone??? "Brodie" <bshields at 0ptusnet _ c0m _ au> wrote in message news:3ff39b2...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

BDL and Office 2003 Standard
Hi, I installed BDL in my workstation (Windows XP SP2, Firewall disabled) with Office 2003 Standard edition. The toolbar "Insert From CRM" shows, but when I click it, nothing happens. No task pane shows for CRM entities, though my task pane is visible. Does anyone experienced the same dilemma? Please advise. ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

out of office assistant not working
hi.. i have set out of office assistant from the EXCHANGE SERVER2000and from the client side outlook too..but its still not working,when i sent an e-mail locally.it does not says the person is not in the office.it goes to the inbox.. any ideas ...

error message: the color scheme registry key is missing or is corr
Now I know there was a post before on this and none of these solutions worked. I have Vista, Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2007. I have had no problems till today and have been using this for over a year I've done system restores, ran the dignosic, uninstalled... and looked for the files to delete and there are none... Please Help! Have you created custom color schemes? Have you tried deleting them? They are in a folder similar to this: (hidden) C:\Users\<<user name>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Publisher The custom schemes are custcols.scm. You can rename them to custcols.old or...

Using Custom Lists
I understand how to create a custom list. I just don't know how you use the list. Please Help Vampire Custom lists are used when you are auto-filling down a column or across a row. Examples of Custom Lists are months, days, alphabet and of course, your own created list. Basic use..........Enter first object in the list then drag to get the rest of the list auto-filled. i.e. Enter January in A1. Grab fill handle at bottom right corner of A1 and drag down the column. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 13:52:13 -0400, Vampire542 <Vampire542.tcitn@excelforum.com>...

AutoReply Out Of Office Messages
In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first message sent to that person. I seem to remember a setting to recieve it with every message, while the out of office is on. Anyone know where??????? Shawn C <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto > reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first > message sent to that person. That's the way it's supposed to work. -- Brian Tillman ...

how to download office 2003 web components
when I will try to access data analysis page and there is message to download office 2003 web components . but it is downloading to late in network from project server 2007. I want it separately then copy at the team member computer and install there directly . i dont want to download from project server 2007 server . Kindly tell me the location of these components . Sam: A simple Google search would answer this question. See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7287252C-402E-4F72-97A5-E0FD290D4B76&displaylang=en -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT,...

Microsoft Promo

Using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 5.5
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP1 (updated) and I am connecting to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 (running on NT4). There is some issue I saw on connection, is there some way that I can used my Outlook 2003 connecting on Exchange 5.5? If not, can I install Outlook XP and remove Outlook 2003 without affecting the other component on Office 2003? Thanks in advance. ...

Does anyone have a customizable Edgeworth (production) box graph?
I'm looking for an example of an Edgeworth (production) box, already existing in Excel, and that can be modified with specific data. Hi Lisa, You could look here - http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/cheer/ch102/msimf1.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/cheer/ch102/ch102p10.htm&h=378&w=695&sz=10&hl=en&start=1&um=1&usg=__mBrlBNrOVcE3T0l34GFTbwPd25o=&tbnid=RAxYoRyj5nrndM:&tbnh=76&tbnw=139&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dedgeworth%2Bbox%2Bdiagram%2Bin%2BExcel%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff There is a ...

Can not turn Out of Office autoreply off
I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! I can not find any information on how to disable it now. Help greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance... "rdlari" <rdlari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA44F8F9-3C34-4800-95D8-238EEB6551EF@microsoft.com... >I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. > > I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! > I can not find any information on how to ...

microsoft XL

Possible issue when migrating Office to a new system?
About a week ago, my office received two brand new Quad-core MacPros. Gorgeous pieces of machinery. I, being one of the only ones in our office with any sort of professional Mac IT background (mainly just setting up new machines for users and transferring their old files to their new computer through a backup server) my boss allowed me to set up her new computer. This is when the fun began. I successfully partitioned and reinstalled Tiger onto the computer, and installed all the necessary software. When it came time to transfer the files, I used Apple's Migration Assistant, and copied ove...

when using cached mode, how do i secure my inbox?
I have the full client on a somewhat-shared workstation. I run about 20k items in my inbox and do a lot of searching, as well as being the primary user of this workstation and using RPC over HTTP to my server back at the office. When I'm not here and other folks may be using my workstation - how do I prevent people from launching Outlook, then cancelling out the credentials/logon and just browsing through the items cached in my inbox? is there a way to secure the .OST file and wait for credentials to the server to be passed before it opens it up? thanks They should not be using your...

removing office 2003
Our nonprofit was donated a computer with Office professional 2003. We do not have the installation source. How can I get it out of computer. Remove program does not work, message says "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it". Microsoft apparently doesn't want us to use the program but will not allow us to remove it and replace with genuine copy! Help! Donor has been non responsive. ...