Microsoft Office 2004 - File Disappears after clicking

Hi

I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther
for the last 6 months.

Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file
created on a PC under the  Office 97. I can see the file name but not
the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file
name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it
was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the
problem persists.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would
be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
June

0
jlimlj (1)

In article <1134005872.123831.246730@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
 "jlimlj@yahoo.com" <jlimlj@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther
> for the last 6 months.
>
> Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file
> created on a PC under the  Office 97. I can see the file name but not
> the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file
> name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it
> was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the
> problem persists.
>
> Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would
> be much appreciated.

Hi June!

By any chance do these files you're having problems with reside on a
network server? If so, have permissions changed significantly on the
folder or volume you're trying to access? Also, if you're using a
server, are you connecting via AFP or SMB?

bill
--
William M. Smith
(Microsoft Interop MVP)

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

BDL and Office 2003 Standard
Hi, I installed BDL in my workstation (Windows XP SP2, Firewall disabled) with Office 2003 Standard edition. The toolbar "Insert From CRM" shows, but when I click it, nothing happens. No task pane shows for CRM entities, though my task pane is visible. Does anyone experienced the same dilemma? Please advise. ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

out of office assistant not working
hi.. i have set out of office assistant from the EXCHANGE SERVER2000and from the client side outlook too..but its still not working,when i sent an e-mail locally.it does not says the person is not in the office.it goes to the inbox.. any ideas ...

AutoReply Out Of Office Messages
In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first message sent to that person. I seem to remember a setting to recieve it with every message, while the out of office is on. Anyone know where??????? Shawn C <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto > reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first > message sent to that person. That's the way it's supposed to work. -- Brian Tillman ...

how to download office 2003 web components
when I will try to access data analysis page and there is message to download office 2003 web components . but it is downloading to late in network from project server 2007. I want it separately then copy at the team member computer and install there directly . i dont want to download from project server 2007 server . Kindly tell me the location of these components . Sam: A simple Google search would answer this question. See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7287252C-402E-4F72-97A5-E0FD290D4B76&displaylang=en -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT,...

Microsoft Promo

Double click to send cell to another app?
I have NO clue how this is done, or even if it is an excel command... But I have a spreadsheet that work has sent me that if I double click on any cell in the A column, it captures that cell data and sends it to another window then does an Enter command. I have looked all through the spreadsheet and I can't find any macro at all, or anything that might do this. I doubt it is another application because I setup another spreadsheet to mimic it, and it will not do it, so it has to be tied to that spreadsheet somehow. Does anyone have any clue how this works, or if it is no...

Can not turn Out of Office autoreply off
I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! I can not find any information on how to disable it now. Help greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance... "rdlari" <rdlari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA44F8F9-3C34-4800-95D8-238EEB6551EF@microsoft.com... >I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. > > I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! > I can not find any information on how to ...

microsoft XL

removing office 2003
Our nonprofit was donated a computer with Office professional 2003. We do not have the installation source. How can I get it out of computer. Remove program does not work, message says "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it". Microsoft apparently doesn't want us to use the program but will not allow us to remove it and replace with genuine copy! Help! Donor has been non responsive. ...

Possible issue when migrating Office to a new system?
About a week ago, my office received two brand new Quad-core MacPros. Gorgeous pieces of machinery. I, being one of the only ones in our office with any sort of professional Mac IT background (mainly just setting up new machines for users and transferring their old files to their new computer through a backup server) my boss allowed me to set up her new computer. This is when the fun began. I successfully partitioned and reinstalled Tiger onto the computer, and installed all the necessary software. When it came time to transfer the files, I used Apple's Migration Assistant, and copied ove...

Excel click through
At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another spreadsheet and it opens that spreadsheet. How do u turn this on? Does it work in office 2000 or do u need Office pro? Keith -- keithgg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithgg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496590 Try: Tools|Options|Edit Tab uncheck Edit directly in cell keithgg wrote: > > At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another >...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Windows 7 and Office 2007
Is Office 2007 Professional with 32 bit compatible with Windows 7? YES. I have had no problems thus far. However, if you haven't got Office 2007 yet, then it is good idea to get into Office 2010 direct and you can download a beta version from here: <http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx> The beta version is valid until June 2010 by which time new version should be out. hth SteveM wrote: > > Is Office 2007 Professional with 32 bit compatible with Windows 7? "20100209" <20100209@20100209.NET> wrote in message ...

How to disable the shortcut for context menu(right mouse clicking menu)
Hi: When creating the context menu with English Character such as - Copy - - Delete - When the menu pops, pushing the char 'C' and 'D on keyboard, the corresponding messaage handler will be called directly; So how can I disable this calling when the 'C' and 'D' chars is clicked when menu pops? Thank you! loggy ...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...