Mail, pdf attachments appear in body, not as pdf file

Version: 2008

I am trying to attach a pdf file to an email message.

I keep getting the actual pdf in the body of the email message,
as opposed to an actual attachment for the receiver to open and possibly print out.

Playing around, I managed to get a icon (camera, piece of paper) to appear in the body of the email message,
but don't know what I did,
and haven't been able to duplicate it.

Hope someone can help.
Thanks from Connecticut
0
rct (1)

Are you talking about Mail.app, the mail application that comes with Mac OS
X? These newsgroups are for Microsoft Office for Mac; you'd better post your
questions on Apple's discussion boards. However, if you are using Entourage:
drag the attachment into the attachment section, just below the subject
field.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP - Macintosh

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)
6/10/2009 5:16:32 PM
How are you trying to do the attachment � If you just click the Attach
"paperclip" button & select the file it should be inserted as an icon. If
you're using the Photo Browser button to drop PDF images into the email that
would explain the result.

I'm assuming that you're using Apple's Mail app so for further assistance on
any problem you need to contact Apple Support or the appropriate Apple Form
that deals with Mail issues:

http://www.apple.com/support/

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

If you're using Entourage you'll need to provide exact version info for OS X
& Office as well as a detailed description of what you're doing that causes
the unwanted result.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/10/09 12:19 PM, in article 59b7648b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"rct@officeformac.com" <rct@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
>
> I am trying to attach a pdf file to an email message.
>
> I keep getting the actual pdf in the body of the email message,
> as opposed to an actual attachment for the receiver to open and possibly print
> out.
>
> Playing around, I managed to get a icon (camera, piece of paper) to appear in
> the body of the email message,
> but don't know what I did,
> and haven't been able to duplicate it.
>
> Hope someone can help.
> Thanks from Connecticut

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

Outlook 2003 blocks attachments
I installed Outlook 2003 on my wifes laptop, it was an upgrade from Outlook 2000. Whenever she tries sending a url she gets a message saying Outlook blocked the attachment. I have gone into the automatic picture download settings and unchecked the don't download pictures or other content automatically in html email. Its like html isn't being used or my settings are ignored. Does anyone have any ideas? I downloaded the latest update. Thanks On occasion I get the same errors. Mainly when someone sends the URL as an attachment. If they send the URL in the body of the email, th...

comparing 2 files with Vlookup possible?
I have been asked to use Vlookup to flag similar entries in two files using vlookup. Is it possible? Thanks An easy way to do this is to start your formula and then select the other area and then touch the enter key. =vlookup(a2, now open the other file >goto the lookup range>highlight it>touch the enter key>complete the formula. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Lm%23AUunHHA.3952@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have been asked to use Vlookup to flag similar entries in two files...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

How to recognize whether file has XML format or not?
How to recognize whether file has XML format or not? Here is the code segment: XmlDocument* pDomDocument = new XmlDocument(); try { pDomDocument->Load(strFileName ) ; } catch(Exception* e) { .... } Of course if we try to load non XML file, the exception will be thrown. However exception might be thrown in other cases as well (File doesn't exist etc) I need identify the specific case when attempt was made to load non XML file. Seems to me XmlException class doesn't provide that kind of details. Any other ideas how can I accomplish the same goal? Thanks in advance Hi Dale ...

Sync. question for .pst file. #3
If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to my laptop. Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized. I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what types of files can and can't be Synchronized. Can anyone tell me where that setting is. It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely forgot. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. P.S. Running Win 2K and Office 2003. ...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

Microsoft Exchange Server does not appear in Add Service
I have Office 2K Pro installed on a Citrix Server. Problem is: when users configure Outlook and select Add Service, there is no listing of Microsoft Exchange Server. I have another Citrix Server and it has Microsoft Exchange Server listed under Add Service. Can someone tell me how to add Microsoft Exchange Server to be shown in Add Service? Thanks, Dan Sounds like Outlook is installed in Internet Mail Only mode. You can change it to Corporate/Workgroup - tools, options, find the "reconfigure mail support" button - you may need to have your installation media handy. Dan wro...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Cannot open exe files
I'm not sure what I did wrong, but whenever I try to run exe files, an 'Open With' box pops up. I don't think i have a virus though I'm not sure. I've also tried merging the reg file, but no luck. Any ideas? -- 145141 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 145141's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/180981.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1298544.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Addins attached only to selected workbook(s)??
Using Excel 2003 I have written a set of macros that is used with workbooks with a lot of hand entered data. Right now the macros need frequent updates as more features are added. To facilitate providing updates, I felt it was necessary to separate the code from the data so that the user didn't have to do anything when the code was upgraded. To accomplish this, I created an addin containing the macros. Now I just email the new addin and users are good to go. The problem is that the addin is automatically attached to every workbook I open and there are a number of reasons that ...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...

change mail format for contacts
For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML. Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only. After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able to make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this be done. It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here: ht...