Local Software Update service for Office 2004?

Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft
Office on my LAN?

With my Xserves, I am using Software Update Service for Apple updates,
but can't figure out if there is a way to run a local software update
service without using my Internet connection.

I can get it from the central servers fine, but was wondering if I
could run a local server to manage the Office Updates and monitor the
update levels per station.

0
remaker (2)

Phillip Remaker wrote:
> Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft
> Office on my LAN?
>
> With my Xserves, I am using Software Update Service for Apple updates,
> but can't figure out if there is a way to run a local software update
> service without using my Internet connection.
>
> I can get it from the central servers fine, but was wondering if I
> could run a local server to manage the Office Updates and monitor the
> update levels per station.

Hi Phillip!

Not officially.

I do see in this file
"/Applications/Microsoft\ AutoUpdate.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft\ AU\
Daemon.app/Contents/Resources/Defaults.strings" this server address
"http://www.microsoft.com/mac/autoupdate/". If I attempt to go to this
address I am unable to read the contents of this location. You might try
experimenting by inserting your own local server address and placing the
stand-alone updater in that location. No idea if this will work.

Hope this helps and good luck! bill
--
William M. Smith
(Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows)

Nobody has reverse engineered this?  Surprising.  Between WSUS and
SUS, I'd think Microsoft would arrange a way for updates to some
through.

0
remaker (2)

close Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Application
Hi guys, i was programming with Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Application, and i am wondering how do we kill or close or release the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Application object after we finished programming with it? coz there is only Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Application.CloseCurrentDatabase() available and the application status is still open and exists in the process list in the task manager thank you very much ...

"office 12" excel and split-panes
Anyone here familiar with "Office 12" version of Excel and how to enable split-panes? I''ve been trying to coach a friend via email on some Excel features and only now discover that we aren't even using the same version. I'm working with the "Office 2007" version, and my friend is working with what he is reporting to be "Office 12". We basically need to configure his Excel to lock the first few rows in the table (where most of the labels are) and only allow the data rows to scroll. Would someone be kind enough to provide all the steps to...

Healthcare Services
I am looking for a bar coding software to work with Dynamics GP, that allows for staff to use a barcoding device to keep track of services provided to a patient such as giving a bath, or providing dinner to the room, and stores that information in SQL until time to invoice. Please contact me if you need more information or have any information Thanks Joel Hi joel, We have a handheld prototype application which is used record various service offerings, this can be customized & integrated into GP. Please drop a email to discuss. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Joel Ro...

Installing Office 2007 over Office 2000
Hi My computer came with Office 2000 pre-installed several years ago. (I don't have a disc for it). I now have just recently purchased a complete version (not an upgrade) of Office Home and Student 2007. What I would like to know is, is it a simple matter just to install Office 2007, and the installation "Wizard" will do what is necessary or, do I need to uninstall any part of 2000 for it to perform correctly? I have searched other questions about this but I am a little confused with the answers I read, (my 71 year old brain gets confused easily these days.) I ...

PC Comments from PowerPoint 2003 are not viewable in OfficeMac 2004
We are experiencing some trouble with seeing PC comments on the Mac in PowerPoint. We are running Office 2003 at the latest service release and security updates and OfficeMac 11.3.2. The Mac Comments are visible on both systems but the comments made by the PC are not viewable on the Mac. I found this thread http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office/browse_frm/thread/c668f173ef40eca2/e7ce8cd9b45fc57d?lnk=gst&q=Comments+PC&rnum=2#e7ce8cd9b45fc57d But did not find the answers useful. Anyone run into this or have any suggestions? Hi, Comments appear in Balloons in Mi...

Dynamics GP Web Services installation error
On running the installer for Dynamics GP Web Services, I immediately receive the error: "The eConnect installation cannot be found" upon which the installer completes without doing anything. Not only is eConnect (9.0) installed, I tried to un-install and then re-install. No help. Running Dynamics GP 9.0 w/ SP1 Any ideas? There is an installation file for econnect. The installation file for eConnect and Web Services need to be in the same folder when you run the web services installation. I ran into the same problem and did the same things. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

Word 2000 (Office 2000 Small Business) and Windows XP OS
I installed Office 2000 Small Business on my Windows XP machine, and Word does not open successfully. It opens partially and then I get a "Progam has stopped responding" message. Is there a fix? Have you locally installed a printer driver and set it as the windows default printer? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Bill Crawford" <Bill Crawford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6CD8BB6-184B-4806-9BA4-0FAB5CB4055A@microsoft.com... > I installed Office 2000 Small Business on my Windows XP machine, and Word > does not open successful...

Out of Office message #6
Ok, I am confused. I turn on my out of office in outlook 2003 (running exchange 2003). It seems to work ok. I close outlook and reopen it, I get the message saying out of office is on, would you like to turn it off, I say no, don't turn it off. I log off, then log back on, open up outlook, but do not get the warning that out of office is on, until I select tools out of office assistant. Then the out of office screen comes up saying out of office is on.... How do I make it automatically come up? When you closed Outlook did you verify that the outlook.exe process indeed stopped?...

Office 2000 running in XP Problems
Since moving to XP I have issues with OUTLOOK 2000. Sometimes a newly generated email leaves my machine and becomes lost in the ethera. It doesn't save a copy in Sent, and seem to not have anthing to do with whether its a reply or has an attachment, or anything else. Yes, I called tech support (in INDIA!) and they/he was little help. When the follow-on quality guy called, he was even less help, but said someone would call . . . that was days ago! So . . . anyone have any ideas how to solve this buggaboo? Thanks! Stephen ...

microsoft office upgrade from 04 to 08
does each license entitle you to load it on one family computer or can the whole house use the same license for all their computers for Microsoft office 08? The whole house CANNOT use the same license (by license I mean the code you use to install it, the Product Key on a yellowish sticker on the CD case). It's basically one license per person--you are actually allowed to use the same license on both a laptop and a desktop, but not if your daughter is using the laptop in her bedroom, while you use the desktop in the living room. If you use the desktop at home and the laptop while t...

Service Pack 1 for Money 2007 released: FYI
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811 It is not yet fully released a couple customer may get it but its not released yet fully Steve "SNV" <SNV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EFB42BB-0112-412B-A438-B42418AFBD25@microsoft.com... > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811 > On Nov 7, 3:35=A0am, "Steve" <steven_morriso...@hotmail.com> wrote: > It is not yet fully released a couple customer may get it but its not > released yet fully > Steve"SNV" <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:2EFB42BB...

CRM 3.0 for Financial Services
Who is the author of this vertical solution http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/demos/FinancialServices/IPSS_financial.html ? Is it made by Microsoft or by Microsoft's partner? Whom I should adress to offer this solution to my costumer? This is a microsoft produce Flash of a combination of ISV that include GaleForce solutions and Advice America. If you would like to know more youcan take a look at the our web site or contact me. www.galeforcesolutions.com Jeff Adams District Sales Manager Tel: 708-452-8245 cell 312 371-4376 Fax: 866 341-50...

How do I do this UPDATE in a single query?
UPDATE [HCPC struct 12-17-09] SET [HCPC struct 12-17-09]. [26] = '1' WHERE ((([HCPC struct 12-17-09].[Mod])='26')) ; UPDATE [HCPC struct 12-17-09] SET [HCPC struct 12-17-09]. [50] = '1' WHERE ((([HCPC struct 12-17-09].[Mod])='50')) ; UPDATE [HCPC struct 12-17-09] SET [HCPC struct 12-17-09].[51] = '1' WHERE ((([HCPC struct 12-17-09].[Mod])='51')) ; UPDATE [HCPC struct 12-17-09] SET [HCPC struct 12-17-09].[62] = '1' WHERE ((([HCPC struct 12-17-09].[Mod])='62')) ; UPDATE [HCPC struct 12-17-09] SET [HCPC struct 12-17-09].[66]...

Can't install Microsoft office small bus. ed. 2003 on new computer
My computer quit last week, so bought a new one. My old computer had Windows XP and my new one has Windows 7. My old computer had Works 8 on it and then the Office Small Business Edition 2003 upgrade. Tried to install these two on my new computer, Works installed ok but have had trouble with the Office. I first thought it had to do with it being Windows 7, but from what I've read that shouldn't be a problem. There was also a trial version of office 2007 on my new computer and I thought that maybe was a problem. I had trouble uninstalling that, but finally got it done. N...

UPDATE RM20101 on posting SOP invoice
Hi, I am wanting to have the RM20101 Description field be updated with the SOP10100.refrence field when the SOP invoice\return is posted. Currently the description field gets populated with the SOPNumber. A combination of batch and transaction posting is used, and when whatever is done - I only want it done for the current set of SOP docs that are being posted. Please advise the best way (and steps or script if possible) this can be done - without Dexterity: 1) VBA (maybe on the SOP Posting Journal) 2) Trigger on the RM20101 3) SQL Job 4) Anything else that I have not listed Thank you ...

Update type conversion error with nulls
I need to simply divide one currency value by another currency value. Sounds simple????? Here are two sql statements I've tried. Most records are null, it is only the ones that I want to update and close that will have a value in Net_PL. UPDATE Diagonal SET Diagonal.Final_ROR = IIf([Diagonal]![Net_PL] Is Null,0,[Diagonal]![Net_PL]/[Diagonal]![Tr_Trade_Risk]); UPDATE Diagonal SET Diagonal.Final_ROR = Nz([Diagonal]![Net_PL])/Nz([Diagonal]![Tr_Trade_Risk]); I get the error message "...didn't update x number of fields due to a type conversion error......."...

I can't install office it says the setup file is already running
I can't install office it says the setup file is already running. I installed office on my system a few weeks ago. now I get the error message, that says I should upgrade to SP2. But I thought I was running that and I have never had that message before on any system I have installed it on. Can someone tell me wat I am to do. So what happens if you run MS Update & install Critical updates? "Bighammo" <Bighammo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F30ADA-FA05-4A1F-83C7-4056D65971DB@microsoft.com... >I can't install office it says t...

Money 2004 in Windows Mobile 5.0
Hello, I just buy a handheld HP 2490, this have a Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC, somebody know who i can sync my transacction with this handheld. Microsoft Say windows mobile 5 don't have the sync program (ALWAYS MICROSOFT) Short answer - you can't. -- Michael Gordon "jmcs" <jcw2000@intelnet.net.gt> wrote in message news:ubExwHsAHHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I just buy a handheld HP 2490, this have a Windows Mobile 5.0 for > Pocket PC, somebody know who i can sync my transacction with this > handheld. > > Micr...

Outlook 2003 and Office 2007
I was using Outlook 2003 configured with Exchange 2003 in the company. Recenty I installed MS Office word,Excel & Power point 2007 in the same pc. Now when a mail arrives to Outlook 2003, a message box with the following message pops up. "Please wait while windows configures Office 2007 Professional Plus" The order in which I installed Outlook 2003 and word,excel,ppt 2007 etc is by installing 2003 first. I would like to use Word,Excel & PPT 2007 along with Outlook 2003 in same pc with out any issues. Request your HELP Robin Not withstandi...

Can I delete my Entourage 2004 Identities once I've upgraded to 20
I just (finally) upgraded to Office 2008, but I need to keep Excel 2004, so I didn't remove Office 2004. Now I've got two identical (and huge) Identity folders, and I was wondering if I can delete the 2004 Identity if I'm going to use Entourage 2008? Thanks! On 4/19/10 9:26 AM, Jg wrote: > I just (finally) upgraded to Office 2008, but I need to keep Excel 2004, so I > didn't remove Office 2004. Now I've got two identical (and huge) Identity > folders, and I was wondering if I can delete the 2004 Identity if I'm going > to use Entourage 2008?...

hebrew in office 2004 and 2008
hey can write in hebrew, however it makes a lot of problems. also, when i open a word document in hebrew it writes it from left to right instead right to left.<br> what can i do? sorry, no right-to-left support in MacOffice. Google for two programs called Mellel and Nisus Writer, and possibly NeoOffice. medic07@officeformac.com wrote: > hey can write in hebrew, however it makes a lot of problems. also, > when i open a word document in hebrew it writes it from left to right > instead right to left. > what can i do? I received and installed Microsoft Office for Mac yest...

Money not updating online
It seems that Money goes to www.spcomstock.com to get quote updates (look in my information sheet) ... however that site has change to www.comstock- interactivedata.com. Now online updating in Money doesn't work ... at least mine doesn't. Try to go to the www.spcomstock.com and you'll time out with an error. I don't see any way to change how money accesses the web site. Thoughts .... am I off base. Have read other notes on the subject and suggestions around firewalls etc. I haven't changed mine, but just in case turned it off and still money won't update....

money 2004 and downloads
Just upgraded from money 2003 to 2004 problem when trying to update stocks etc via internet it say problem with install re install using original disks , I have tried this and it makes no difference , it worked perfectly in 2003 and yet since the upgrade only once have i been able to download prices , the money update part of the program returns no errors just the stock prices section anyone else have this probem ? thanks Did you disable your virus and firewall programs before installing 2004? Did you uninstall your previous money version before installing 2004? "John R" <info...

Upgraded both of my macs to Office 2004 and wish I could have Office x back! Any help?!?!
Hi, I am running a G5 Imac 1.8Ghz and a G4 Powerbook 1.5GHz and have been happily running office X on both machines for as long as I've owned them (1 and 2 years respectively) Before the Pbook, I also had an I book running Office X for 18 months with no troubles. I just installed Office 2004 2 weeks ago, and am consistently noticing, on both machines, serious system slowdown over the course of the day. To the point where, by mid-afternooon, my system needs to be restarted. The symptoms are identical on both macs (naturally the Pbook runs even slower than the G5 as these problems advan...

Using Outlook 2003 with Office XP
I have gone through multiple messages regarding the use of Outlook 2003 and the remaining components of Office XP, but I am unable to get a clear cut answer regarding their compatibility, recommended installation flow etc. I am using an authoring systems which requires Word Xp and Powerpoint XP, however I'd like to be able to use Outlook 2003 (the authoring system does not require a specific Outlook version!). My questions are: (i) Can I install Office XP without the Outlook component (i.e., Word, Powerpoint etc.), and following that install just the Outlook component from the Off...