Leopard 10.5.2 combo updater released!

This might help with a lot of the problems Office 2008 users are
experiencing. Get this combo updater rather than using Software Updater to
download. A combo updater will go back and rewrite files that could be
corrupted. Software Updates are incremental updates.

Mac OS X 10.5.2 Combo Update: 343 MB

<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1052comboupdate.html>

More on types of update file:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html>

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)

Then use software update a second time to download and install Leopard
Graphics Update [which requires 10.5.2 so it cannot install alongside
10.5.2]

--
Barry Wainwright
Microsoft MVP (see <http://www.microsoft.com/mvp/> for details)

> From: Diane Ross <diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
> Newsgroups:
> microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage,microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microso
> ft.public.mac.office
> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:01:42 -0800
> Subject: Leopard 10.5.2 combo updater released!
>
> This might help with a lot of the problems Office 2008 users are
> experiencing. Get this combo updater rather than using Software Updater to
> download. A combo updater will go back and rewrite files that could be
> corrupted. Software Updates are incremental updates.
>
> Mac OS X 10.5.2 Combo Update: 343 MB
>
> <http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1052comboupdate.html>
>
> More on types of update file:
>
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html>
>
> --
> Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

0
barry5268 (197)
2/12/2008 12:17:14 AM
Any guesses how long it will be before Leopard media shipping with new Macs
will be 10.5.2 slipstreamed?

"Barry Wainwright" <barry@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote in message
> Then use software update a second time to download and install Leopard
> Graphics Update [which requires 10.5.2 so it cannot install alongside
> 10.5.2]
>
> --
> Barry Wainwright
> Microsoft MVP (see <http://www.microsoft.com/mvp/> for details)
> Visit the Entourage User�s Weblog for Hints, tips and troubleshooting
> information:
> http://www.barryw.net/weblog/
>

>> From: Diane Ross <diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
>> Newsgroups:
>> microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage,microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microso
>> ft.public.mac.office
>> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:01:42 -0800
>> Subject: Leopard 10.5.2 combo updater released!
>>
>> This might help with a lot of the problems Office 2008 users are
>> experiencing. Get this combo updater rather than using Software Updater
>> download. A combo updater will go back and rewrite files that could be
>> corrupted. Software Updates are incremental updates.
>>
>> Mac OS X 10.5.2 Combo Update: 343 MB
>>
>> <http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1052comboupdate.html>
>>
>> More on types of update file:
>>
>> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html>
>>
>> --
>> Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
>> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
>> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

0
barkbees (10)
2/12/2008 1:12:07 AM
On 2/12/08 11:13 AM, in article
54d3229e-f298-49c4-af14-ee1c77e444da@j20g2000hsi.googlegroups.com, "byron b"
<byron.g.brewer@gmail.com> wrote:

> 10.5.2 killed Entourage for me... i have entourage configured to talk
> to our exchange (OWA) server via HTTP.  After applying this patch it
> doesn't download any new mail nor does it even appear to attempt a
> connection.  This is happening on both of my macs.  I tried...
>
> 1. blowing away my entourage configuration and recreating the account
> 2. unisntalling office 2008 and reinstalling it.
> 3. reinstalling the combo updater with the notification service
> stopped
>
> none of these resolved the issue.
>

> On Feb 11, 7:01 pm, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
> wrote:
>> This might help with a lot of the problems Office 2008 users are
>> experiencing. Get this combo updater rather than using Software Updater to
>> download. A combo updater will go back and rewrite files that could be
>> corrupted. Software Updates are incremental updates.
>>
>> Mac OS X 10.5.2 Combo Update: 343 MB
>>
>> <http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1052comboupdate.html>
>>
>> More on types of update file:
>>
>> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html>
>>
>> --
>> Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
>> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
>> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

I'm not using Exchange, but entoruage is fine for me. Check the firewall
settings, they may have been altered by 10.5.2

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)
2/12/2008 4:52:08 PM
byron b <byron.g.brewer@gmail.com> wrote:

> 10.5.2 killed Entourage for me... i have entourage configured to talk
> to our exchange (OWA) server via HTTP.

I wonder wny that happened. I sure can still connect to Exchange from
Entourage here.

Can you connect to OWA through your Web browser??

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

--B_3285651673_4632910

I guess you�ve talked to the administrator to be sure they aren�t freezing
you out because of some change in the way 10.5.2 handles your IP address or
other settings?

On 2/12/08 8:56 AM, in article
3b77caf5-f2e1-4edb-a257-39e9bd4908c2@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "byron b"
<byron.g.brewer@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 12, 11:52 am, Bob Greenblatt <b...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> > On 2/12/08 11:13 AM, in article
>> > 54d3229e-f298-49c4-af14-ee1c77e44...@j20g2000hsi.googlegroups.com, "byron
>> b"

>> > I'm not using Exchange, but entoruage is fine for me. Check the firewall
>> > settings, they may have been altered by10.5.2
>> >
>> > --
>> > Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
>> > bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom
>
> i've tried changing those as well.... still no luck.
>
> Best,
>
> Bill
> Imac 2.8Ghz -10.5.1
> Office 2008/2003 - Windows XP Pro SP2

--B_3285651673_4632910

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Leopard 10.5.2 combo updater released!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Trebuchet MS"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'>I gues=
s you&#8217;ve talked to the administrator to be sure they aren&#8217;t free=
zing you out because of some change in the way 10.5.2 handles your IP addres=
s or other settings?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On 2/12/08 8:56 AM, in article 3b77caf5-f2e1-4edb-a257-39e9bd4908c2@e4g2000=
hsg.googlegroups.com, &quot;byron b&quot; &lt;byron.g.brewer@gmail.com&gt; w=
rote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"6"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Sans Typ=
ewriter"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'>On Feb 12, 11:52 am, Bob Greenblatt &l=
t;b...@nospam.com&gt; wrote:<BR>
&gt; On 2/12/08 11:13 AM, in article<BR>
&gt; 54d3229e-f298-49c4-af14-ee1c77e44...@j20g2000hsi.googlegroups.com, &qu=
ot;byron b&quot;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; &lt;byron.g.bre...@gmail.com&gt; wrote:<BR>
&gt; &gt;10.5.2killed Entourage for me... i have entourage configured to ta=
lk<BR>
&gt; &gt; to our exchange (OWA) server via HTTP. &nbsp;After applying this =
patch it<BR>
&gt; &gt; doesn't download any new mail nor does it even appear to attempt =
a<BR>
&gt; &gt; connection. &nbsp;This is happening on both of my macs. &nbsp;I t=
ried...<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; 1. blowing away my entourage configuration and recreating the acc=
ount<BR>
&gt; &gt; 2. unisntalling office 2008 and reinstalling it.<BR>
&gt; &gt; 3. reinstalling the combo updater with the notification service<B=

&gt; &gt; stopped<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; none of these resolved the issue.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; On Feb 11, 7:01 pm, Diane Ross &lt;di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.o=
rg&gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; wrote:<BR>
&gt; &gt;&gt; This might help with a lot of the problems Office 2008 users =
are<BR>
&gt; &gt;&gt; experiencing. Get this combo updater rather than using Softwa=
re Updater to<BR>
&gt; &gt;&gt; download. A combo updater will go back and rewrite files that=
 could be<BR>
&gt; &gt;&gt; corrupted. Software Updates are incremental updates.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt;&gt; Mac OS X10.5.2Combo Update: 343 MB<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1052com=
boupdate.html">&lt;http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1052comboupd=
ate.html&gt;</a><BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt;&gt; More on types of update file:<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.htm=
l">&lt;http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html&gt;</a><BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt;&gt; --<BR>
&gt; &gt;&gt; Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)<B=

&gt; &gt;&gt; Entourage Help Page &nbsp;&nbsp;<a href=3D"http://www.entourage=
..mvps.org/">&lt;http://www.entourage.mvps.org/&gt;</a><BR>
&gt; &gt;&gt; Entourage Help Blog &nbsp;<a href=3D"http://blog.entourage.mvps=
..org/">&lt;http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/&gt;</a><BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; I'm not using Exchange, but entoruage is fine for me. Check the firewa=
ll<BR>
&gt; settings, they may have been altered by10.5.2<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; --<BR>
&gt; Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh<BR>
&gt; bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom<BR>
<BR>
i've tried changing those as well.... still no luck.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"6"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Sans Ty=
pewriter"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080"><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Futur=
a, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'>Best,<BR>
<BR>
Bill<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Futura, Verdana, Hel=
vetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'><FONT COLOR=3D"#00007E">Imac 2.8Ghz=
 -</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#00007F">10.5.1<BR>
Office 2008/2003 - Windows XP Pro SP2<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080"><BR>
</FONT></SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:9pt'><FONT FACE=3D"Trebuchet MS">=
<BR>
</FONT></SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3285651673_4632910--

0
bill9721 (43)
2/12/2008 5:01:12 PM
On 2/12/08 8:13 AM, in article
54d3229e-f298-49c4-af14-ee1c77e444da@j20g2000hsi.googlegroups.com, "byron b"
<byron.g.brewer@gmail.com> wrote:

> 10.5.2 killed Entourage for me...

This won't help for your current problem, but I suggest using
SuperDuper!(backup software). It allows you to revert to your original
install of the OS until you find a solution to your problem.

We've discussed using SuperDuper! before, but this is an excellent time to
remind users about a feature it has that protects you from system updates
that go bad.

One of the options in SuperDuper! is to create what the author calls a
"Sandbox". It's used to revert to pre-update state of your OS. Here's a
description of how this option works:

A Sandbox is a bootable copy of your system, stored on another hard drive or
partition, that shares your personal documents and data with the original.
With SuperDuper!, you actually use the Sandbox as your startup volume. You
can safely install any system updates, drivers or programs in the Sandbox,
without worrying about what might happen to your system. If anything goes
wrong, you can simply start up from the original system. SuperDuper! has
preserved it in its original, pre-disaster state but all your new and
changed personal documents are totally up to date. Within minutes, you're up
and running again without having to go through a difficult and
time-consuming restore process.

SuperDuper! Is $27.95. I�m not affiliated with the product. Just a satisfied
user.  <http://www.shirt-pocket.com/>

Just recently updated for Leopard. The author didn't even charge for the
update either.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)

Income and Expenses #2
Hi guys, I just added Income and Expenses to my home page and I was wondering if there is a way to change the date range. It seems like it does 30 days. There weren't any right click options In microsoft.public.money, Zen wrote: >Hi guys, I just added Income and Expenses to my home page and I was >wondering if there is a way to change the date range. It seems like it does >30 days. > >There weren't any right click options > There is no such customization available. What you can do is to customize a regular report, and add that as a Favorite for easy access...

Complicated Formula #2
Hi. I'm trying to do a very complicated formula. I have a list of ten numbers in a row and I have one cell which is telling me the max of those ten numbers. This new cell I want to be able to find the number that was returned from the above cell and then create a formula from that point. I want the formula to keep looking back (going down the excel spreadsheet) looking for the lowest number in a row from that number, and divide the current number by that number. Example: From say a1:a10 I have : 2, 6, 4, 8, 4, 9, 3, 2, 1, 4 Cell one returns - 9 Cell two would look what came before...

Cannot format Horizontal label where axis is defined as $A$2:$B$30
Cannot format Horizontal label where axis is defined as $A$2:$B$30. I have the x-axis defined as 2 columns, but when I format the label, only the second value follows the format. Col A is a date and Col B is the day of the week. Trying to get the legand to have the letters up and down but only the col B values are following the chart formatting command. Hi, When you have a chart with a dual-category axis the primary labels are usually horizontal and the secondary labels direction depends on the amount of space needed to display them. If the lables take up a lot of room they will go ...

Using Exmerge #2
Hi there, I'm using Exmerge for the first time on an Exchange 2003 box. I was reading through the KB article 174197 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174197/ and it says "Before you run this program, make sure that the Microsoft Outlook Client and the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program are installed on the computer that Exmerge.exe is being run on." then in the next paragraph it notes, "We recommend that you do not install Outlook on the Exchange server." So, before I go installing anything can someone please point me in the correct direction? Can I run exmerg...

Money 2005 question #2
Hi, I have used MS Money 2005 for over a year with no problems. I don't use it for any of the more advanced features. I keep track of my credit cards, my checking account is about all that I do, I am on disability with a fixed income. But today I opened it and import a downloaded file, then I tried to write in the check register like I have always done, Money makes a beep (which it has never done before) and then stalls out. After a couple of minutes the blue bar at the top says "Not Responding". It does allow me to click on the red X, and then of course I get the window about ...

excel start up #2
i have a working rota spreadsheet with dates in the columns and rota info below, how do i get it to show todays date info at start up With this file open and visible in the main Excel window, right-click on the little Excel file icon to the left of the File menu (assumes you are using xl2003) and choose View Code. Paste the following into the code area of the VBE that will open up: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lngRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet1") ' amend sheet name as appropriate lngRow = Application.Match(CLng(Date), .Range("A:A")) 'amend column as ap...

How do I print 2 page spreads from Booklet format in Publisher?
I have booklet layout with 8" x 8" pages printing on 11" x 17" paper. I don't know how to get it where I can view individual 2 page drafts. When I print currently, page 1 is with 44, page 2 is with 43, etc. I want to be able to print to view in draft form page 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc. This is for draft markup purposes only. I know I will print 2 sided in booklet form as stated previously when we are ready to mass produce. Bottom line is that we'd like to be able to print and view our book in "story board mode" (I just coined that) so we can see whe...

2 y axis, bar and line graph question
I am plotting 2 series of data against time. One series needs to be a line and the other a bar. I got it pretty close with the 'custom types' (built in)-- 'line - column on 2 axis'. However, this will only let me have the primary y-axis as the bar graph. Is it possible to customize this further so that the primary y-axis is the line and the secondary y-axis is the bar graph? Thanks, please help. Kyle ...

Upgrading 1.2 to 3.0
We Planning to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 3.0 for our clients. We are trying to create a developer environment and perform the update. My question is if we go this route how can we install 1.2 on this dev servers (Key is unique as per domain). Can we have DEV or temp key for that particular domain? If YES... HOW? On the other hand if we install a fresh copy of 3.0 what is the process of data integration from old to new DB and what kinid of information we may loose throught this route. Thanks. As long as you have a different parent OU and a seperate CRM & SQL server, you can install a s...

Outlook unable to connect to the incoming server POP3(exchange2k3) #2
I am trying to connect outlook at my work to my exchange server at home. OWA works great and also sending emails through outlook works, but I can not retrieve emails from exchange using the outlook client. Here are some of the variables: Exchange Server at home: Firewall Sonicwall: Pop3 on port 110 opened Exchange was setup with default settings...in other words there have been no special configurations At work: I added a new email account Server Type: POP3 (I tried the exchange option through the control panel, but that did not work) My Incoming mail server: mail.myserver.com My outgoing ...

chkdsk
Server 2003 with a 4 drive RAID (500 Gb each drive). One of the drives went south (Western Digital Caviar Black) and when the system came back up a folder was reported as corrupted and inaccessable so I set CHKDSK to run and restarted the machine. 8 hours later it has found one error in an index but still no signs of finishing up anytime soon. Is there any way to fix these errors that doesn't involve taking a server down for an entire day? http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/storage/getstorfacts.mspx Fiction: Check disk (CHKDSK) takes too long. Fact: CHKDSK...

why is outlook trying to open an executable file in locate link brower? #2
"Kyle Harmon" <kharmon3@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > In my MS Outlook 2002, every time I click on an url with-in my e-mail > outlook trys to open an executable file in the "Locate link brower". And > this only happens when I do not have a browers open. Is there a fix for > this? > > Thank You, > > Kyle Harmon > > > Navigate to your default browser's executible (iexplore.exe for Internet Explorer) and double click on it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. #2
After the long weekend now unable to send mail to our other email domain. we get the following message. The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. Ron Can you telnet to port 25 of the remote domain mail server? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=153119 If yes to above, then do you have Reverse DNS Pointer Record for your domain? Have you been Blacklisted for any reason? You can check both at www.dnsstuff.com. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Ron T." <RonT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Restore mailbox from the 5.5 server
I wanted to know if the stand alone exchange server that I build has to be the exact same layout as the actual exchange server. Currently, my exchange server is running on NT sp6a server. I wanted to build this stand alone server on a windows 2000 if I can. I'm only trying to recover like two mailboxes only. Thanks in advance you need to have the same OS and SP level that existed on the server where the backup was taken... "jiggyp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c9f001c48a31$7aa5bfd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I wanted to know if the ...

Exchange 2003 and 5.5 Similarities
Does anyone know of good documentation on the similarities beween Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 5.5? An example would be: Exchange 5.5 uses one Information Store that is a single .edb file; Exchange 2003 uses multiple storage groups home to multiple databases - each is one .edb file and one ..stm file. ...

Change Value on Combo Box upon event
Is there a way that I can change the value on a Combo Box to the last record in its record source? I have a combo box that displays Fiscal Years, from 2000 to Current fiscal year 2007. Users can select any year they wish to pull data from based on the year selected. However, I want the combo Box to change its value to the current Fiscal year (which is the last record presented to them when they select the drop down) based on a specific event. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks! heyy try: Me.CourseID = Me.CourseID.ItemData(Me.CourseID.ListCount - 1) cheers jeff "Angel_G" ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

Update Table for Obsolescence
I am missing something or have a blind spot about how to do this I have a table (TblAll Products) with all my products in it including a yes/no field to determine if a product is obsolete or not. I have used this years list of all existing products (TblCurrentProducts) to create a query (qryObsoleteProducts) showing any non matched items ie which are in TblAllProducts but not in TblCurrentProducts and are therefore obsolete. I tried to create an Update query from qryObsoleteProducts to set the yes/no flag in TblAllProducts to Yes but am getting an error: Operation must use an updatable quer...

Excel Formulas Not Updating
For some reason when I create a new sheet, my formulas do not get updated when I change the value of a cell that si used to calculate the formula (I have to double click on the formula and then I get the right value). This problem does not occur when I make changes to files that I get from other people Try Tools / Options / Calculation / Change to Automatic if on Manual Excel takes it's calculation status from that of the first file opened after launching Excel. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02...

graph title #2
Is there a way to use the current filename as "Chart Title" in the "Chart Options" of a graph ? Hi, You can link the chart title to a cell. See here for instructions. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm And the cell to which you link can contain this formula, which will extract the filename from the returned string. I have split the formula over 3 lines in case wrapping within the email screws with the formula. =MID(CELL("Filename",A1), FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,FIND("]", CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[&q...

linking worksheets #2
How can i link to an entire worksheet in another workbook, so tha changes may be made to the worksheet ragerdless of which workboo containing the sheet is opened? Thank -- bail ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bails's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3615 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56114 If I understand what you're asking for, it can't be done. You want Workbook1 to have a sheet in it named Sheet1 Then in Workbook2 you also want a sheet named Sheet1 (and actu...

Text Formatting 2
I have a spreadsheet with 2 versions of text in 1 columm 1. 1 column = firstname and initial. For example Dave C. 2. 1 column = firstname. For example Dave DaveO kindly provided this suggestion: =MID(D7,1,FIND(" ",D7,1)-1) where D7 contains the name in question. This formula returns everything before the first blank space in the entry This works perfectly for situation number 1, but in situation 2 I get a #VALUE! error. How can I mask the cell to be just the first name in both scenarios? Thanks Ben Hi Ben One way =IF(ISERROR(FIND(" ",D7,1)),D7,MID(D7,1,FIND(&...

2 envelope icons?
Has anyone ever heard of 2 envelope icons displaying at the bottom of your screen, rather than just one. Sometimes I have 2 little envelopes down there and only one email - but even still, I have never heard of or seen 2 before. ANy idea what that means? ...

Average #2
In order to get my line chart to break off I used #N/A. However my final value is an average. Since I am using the #N/A, I get that for my result in my Average calculation. Is there a work around for this? Value 2 4 6 #N/A #N/A #N/A Average - I want to see 4 THank you, Jason Hi Jason, Try this =AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A5),A1:A5,"")) You must enter it as an array formula with Shift+CTRL+Enter Bernard "Jason" <jlonne@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:17df01c38383$0a386b90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > In order to get my line chart to break off I used #N/A. &...

5 Dollars Real Money
DONT MISS THIS BE QUICK!!!!! STEP ONE: Get seven separate pieces of paper and write the following on each piece of paper "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST." Now get 7 U.S. $1.00 bills or UK �1.00 or 1 � (euro) and place ONE inside of EACH of the seven pieces of paper so the bill or coin will not be seen through the envelope (to prevent thievery). you better tape the coin on the paper. Next, place one paper in each of the seven envelopes and seal them. You now should have seven sealed envelopes, each with a piece of paper stating the above phrase, your name and address, and ...