Launch

Version: v.X
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Recently reinstalled Panther and then Tiger on my iBook. I reinstalled Office v X and now I cannot open WORD, Powerpoint or Excel from the icons in the Office folder or from the icons in the dock? Am I missing something?
0
OZTPATH (1)

I believe you're going to need the Office X 10.1.9 updater:

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C
-9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en>

Then Repair Disk Permissions & restart.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/16/08 4:00 PM, in article ee94e0c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"OZTPATH@officeformac.com" <OZTPATH@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: v.X
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Power PC
>
> Recently reinstalled Panther and then Tiger on my iBook. I reinstalled Office
> v X and now I cannot open WORD, Powerpoint or Excel from the icons in the
> Office folder or from the icons in the dock? Am I missing something?

slow launch
My work laptop is becoming almost unbearable lately. After logon the wallpaper appears immediately but the Taskbar and Desktop icons take fully three minutes before they even appear! Add another two or more minutes for the disk activity to slow down and it can take me at least five minutes after logon to be able to open any application. During this time the disk activity LED is essentially solid on, so something is happening in the background. After everything stops the laptop acts normally and is not slow during use. There is one application, FreeCommander, that once launched ta...

MFC to launch MsDev
I am running MsDev 7.1 I would like to from a MFC project use automation to launch MsDev then load a text file etc... The problem is that when I use the 'Add Class' and select 'MFC Class from Typelib' and then choose 'Microsoft Development Environment 7.0' type library I cannot determine what interface to generate the class for. There is no _Application interface or similar like there is for each of the Office applications. MSDN documentation regarding MsDev automation has not been updated (shame!), and I am at a loss. Ideas? - Marty ...

double launch at IE launch from quick launch
When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch. Most of the time I launch from the quick start bar. It happens also from the standard desktop icon also. ??? If you're looking for help here, the first piece of information we need is what version of Internet Explorer you are using and what version of Windows you are using (including the service pack number.) Next, keeping in mind that we are totally relying on your description, you need to explain exactly what a "double launch" means and why it happens only sometimes, along with any other detai...

Launching report from Switchboard launches Fax Wizard?
Hello, I have a command button on the switchboard with the following code to launch a report: Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewNormal End Sub The report is based on a query that has the following code: SELECT t.gamenum, t.gamedate, O.teamname, t.atbats, t.hits, IIf(t.atbats<>0,t.hits/t.atbats,0) AS BA, t.runs, t.doubles, t.triples, t.homeruns, t.rbi, t.walks, t.strikeouts, t.LOB, t.sb, t.errors FROM tGameStats AS t LEFT JOIN tOpponentTeam AS O ON t.teamopponent = O.teamnumber WHERE (((t.gamenum)>=DMax("gamenum"...

Launching IE from my application
I want to launch from ny win32 application Internet Explorer with a certain page in my website. Is it possible to that with a shell command (without using win32 api but a dos-like command)? Thanks in advance Victor I have no idea what a "dos-like command" is. What is wrong with ShellExecute? (Note: if you are trying to launch a command shell, ShellExecute is a good way to launch it, as well as CreateProcess, which is what ShellExecute uses, and is, oh dear, another Win32 API. Oh yes, ShellExecute always does the RIGHT thing, by launching the user's selected browser). Or you ...

Weblink launch from Ootlook 2003 hangs
WinXP SP3 Outlook 2003, popmail IE7 Whenever I click a weblink (launch) from within outlook mail message AND IE explorer is not already open, I get 2 windows. Window 1 is the home page -> OK. Windows 2 is the URL of the weblink. This window 2 stays blank and "in process". What can I do to fix this? If IE is already open, the windows 2 functions and opens the URL. Thx -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Did you try resetting web settings in IE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outloo...

Launch
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Recently reinstalled Panther and then Tiger on my iBook. I reinstalled Office v X and now I cannot open WORD, Powerpoint or Excel from the icons in the Office folder or from the icons in the dock? Am I missing something? I believe you're going to need the Office X 10.1.9 updater: <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C -9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en> Then Repair Disk Permissions & restart. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/16/08 4:00 PM, in artic...

Hyperlinks not showing up after mail merge launched from Word
I have a Word document with a URL in it. When I do a mail merge and send thru Outlook my URL is not coming up as a hyperlink to the recipient. It is showing in my document however. Any suggestions? Thanks much! ...

How could I know when any program launchs?
Hi. In fact, I want to hook any program. The program's file is 'LOOK.EXE'. I want to know next: 1. that time when LOOK.EXE is loaded. 2. that time when LOOK.EXE is opened. (by WriteFile or OpenFile). (In fact, I need to hook LOOK.EXE) I have not to use Kernel-mode. How could I do it? You might want to take a look at this information: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms632589.aspx Tom "keandi" <keandi@lycos.co.kr> wrote in message news:1181017204.425144.139550@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > In fact, I want to hook any program. &...

Outlook 2003:Previously dismissed reminders launch when Outlook2003 is opened.
>-----Original Message----- > >. > We are finding EXACTLY the same problem. This appears to happen on a Monday morning - could something be happening on the Exchange server over the weekend that triggers this? ...

Launching Outlook Launches Windows Installer
I have Outlook 2000 and Windows 2000 with service pack 4. When I launch Outlook the Windows Installer also starts up. It works to cancel the Windows Installer but this is quite annoying. How can I stop the installer from launching? ...

No Outlook today at Launch
The Help instructions for making Outlook Today the default page when launching are so simple, yet they don't work. Not on my machine at home, nor at work. I click on the Customize Outlook Today button but nothing happens. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Dang Outlook 2000? http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "kclark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Money 2002 Won't Launch
NOTHING happens when I click on the MS Money 2002 program to launch it. I have been using it for 1 1/2 years with no problem. Any ideas anyone??? The exact same thing just happened to me... any ideas? The same thing happened to me this morning...please help!!!! >-----Original Message----- >NOTHING happens when I click on the MS Money 2002 program >to launch it. I have been using it for 1 1/2 years with no >problem. Any ideas anyone??? >. > This thing happened to me today as well. Has anyone heard anything or have any ideas how to fix? >-----Original Message-----...

launching modal dialog from PropertyPage
If you launch a dialog or window from a button on a PropertyPage, where should the focus be returned, to the PropertyPage or the parent PropertySheet? ...

Cannot launch 'manager.exe' Why?
This keeps on appearing in a small window when I have tried to re-download a program that used to be on my old ISP and computer. I have recently changed to Broadband and a new XP Home PC.. Roger C. Harris How does this involve Outlook? "Roger's in trouble again!" <Roger's in trouble again!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F950DBE-8D08-498A-B13A-D5EC83B2C0EF@microsoft.com... > This keeps on appearing in a small window when I have tried to re-download > a > program that used to be on my old ISP and computer. I have recently > changed ...

Problem with first launching of MS Outlook
I have had a problem with first launching of MS Outlook. I already currently use MS Outlook Express. It suggested that I try and use Safe Mode. This didn't work either. Nick "Nick" <tulse04-news@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:l6SdnXnAYPkyo0_ZnZ2dnUVZ8qudnZ2d@bt.com... >I have had a problem with first launching of MS Outlook. I already >currently use MS Outlook Express. > > It suggested that I try and use Safe Mode. This didn't work either. I have now managed to install it - not using the Business Contact Manager. Nick ...

Outlook automatically launches at pc start-up
I THOUGHT I was pretty good at troubleshooting Windows and Office, but I have been stumped at correcting this issue. I have a Sony Vaio that when factory reset/restored, would launch Outlook Express every time the pc was rebooted (I guess it did this when it was new but it's 2 years old and I don't recall if it did this out of the box). Now, I have installed Office/Outlook 2003 and of course THAT automatically launches every time the pc is rebooted. I have checked msconfig, I have checked admin services in control panel, I have checked startup folder, I have checked options in Outlo...

How can we make CRM open a new Internet window when launched?
Is there a way to make CRM open a new window when launched? Thanks! Isn't this a setting under your Internet Explorer --> Tools --> Pop Up Blocker Settings --> Allow CRM as a pop up site There is also a setting that allows you to open a new window when following a link. Those two should do the trick. - Smita Joanna S wrote: > Is there a way to make CRM open a new window when launched? > > Thanks! ...

Launching Outlook
When I launch Microsoft Outlook the following popur error occurs. Outlook Today - Microsoft Outlook:OUTLOOK.EXE - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL How do prevent this error from occuring? thank you Do a Repair on Outlook or Reinstall Office. >-----Original Message----- >When I launch Microsoft Outlook the following popur error >occurs. > >Outlook Today - Microsoft Outlook:OUTLOOK.EXE - Entry Point >Not Found >The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in >the dynamic link...

Can I be aware of the point of launching any applications?
Hi, there. Actually, what I want to do is making the transition effects between the desktop screen and the screen of launching applications which can be any windows applications. So I need two captured buffers, one is for the current screen and the other is for intial screen of launching applications. But I have to get the intial screen buffer of launching application before it is displayed on the screen. Also, I have to prevent the intial screen buffer from displaying on the screen until the finishing of transition effects. The questions, 1. Can I be aware of the point of launching a...

bizarre launching
When I launch Excel it seems to be attempting to open a bunch of files that are not XLS files. Some are Publisher files, some are graphics and others are txt. Of course, it cannot read the files and I have to sit hear hitting cancel twenty times. This happens if I start the program only or double click an XLS file. All the unintended files open as garbage ascii. Any help greatly appreciated. I have received much assistance from some of the other ms sites. Check under tools|options|general tab| look for the "at startup, open all files in:" box and erase anything you find ther...

Quick Launch
After "tweaking" my computer with one of the wonderful "tweak" programs, my Quick Launch bar suddenly stopped appearing when I restarted the computer. I can get it to restart once the computer is started again, but it will not automatically come up each time nor remember the order of the programs that I have put in it. Anyone have an idea of where to look to get this to automatically start each time I restart my computer? Thanks Wrong newsgroup. Better ask again in a Windows newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backu...

Money 2006 closes itself during launch
Hi, I've been using Money for years now without any problems. I currently use the Money 2006 version. A few days ago it suddenly started closing itself after I tried to launch the application. This happens after the Money splashscreen comes up during launch. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times now but this hasn't resolved the problem. The same thing keeps happening. I haven't installed any other software recently so I don't think there's any kind of new conflict going on. Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this issue? Any assis...

launching application
I'm running Outlook 2000 on WIN98SE and it has worked perfectly for some years. In the past 2 weeks, when opening the application, the splash screen appears [licence details etc] and the then the program seems to minimise to a 2 inch small boc [a bit like when a DOS prog runs in th background]. I then click the maximise button and alls well. Is there any way I can revert to opening full screen ? Thanks in Advance ...

How turn off launching WORD with F2 function key
After installing Office 2007, my F2 key has been shanghaied so that any use launches MS WORD. A number of other programs use F2, so I need to disable this Word-launching shortcut key. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Right-click on the desktop (or Start Menu) shortcut used to start Word and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, is F2 set as the keyboard shortcut for starting Word? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "WordHurler" <WordHurler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...