Just installing word-is it possible?

I was given Microsoft office for Mac 2008 and am in the middle of installing, however I only really use Word and in order to save space I wondered if there was any way of customising so that word is the only program installed? I don't need powerpoint, excel etc so they're really just a waste of space. The only customising option I can see so far is adding/removing fonts and dock icons, can anyone help? <br><br>thanks
0
penk (1)

installed!
0
penk

How do I install the add-ins?
I downloaded the Move Page add-in and the Clip Gallery 5.0 add-in and now I'm not sure where they are supposed to go. When I click Add-ins in Pub 2003, it only brings up the exe files, not the dll files. TIA! Kristie Did you click "new" when you opened the Add-ins? Two file formats are in the Files of Type *.exe and *.dll. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kristie Cochran" <kristiesews@cox.net> wrote in message news:%23ApUsu3GGHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I downloaded the Move...

only 34 more days 2 go until the mentally challenged Kevin Panzke finishes this round of Ubuntu 10.04 countdown. Just FYI
Just FYI ...

introducing words OK, doing cuts NO
Hi i have a problem. I want to allow people from introducing words in cells in a sheet, but i don't want them to do cuts (ctrl x) to cells can i do that thanks ...

Is it possible to restrict who can send me a meeting request?
Hello, Is it possible to restrict who can send me a meeting request? Thinking of a CEO who doesn't want just anyone to be able to request a meeting with them. Using Outlook XP with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. You could set a rule to delete all meeting requests unless it is coming from certain amount of people. Exchange level solutions would probably require the use of Event Sinks. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Ques...

Just off the Press ....Explosive
Just off the Press ..Explosive Customer Building Techniques New toolkit reveals 26 Explosive Customer Building techniques that will produce ready to buy subscribers, as much as 50 times faster than most other conventional methods. (there is a 100% quadruple money back guarantee - yes quadruple, you'll be amazed) Just imagine all the money you could make. You can use your money for whatever you like. Buy yourself (or the kids) an education, buy or pay off your House or Car. Donate some or all of your newly earned wealth to your favorite charity. To learn more go to: http://50000custom...

how to remove borders in Word 2003?
I am working on editing a previously created survey document (so I don't know what functions were originally used to format). I want to remove borders from the last pages of the document, leaving all formatting intact for the first pages. I've gone into borders and shading an selected none but that has no effect, and I've tried to change the border color to white but that did not work either. I somehow deleted the bottom border and am able to move or delete small portions if I type too far into the margins, but the top and side bordesr remain. Help! Perhaps this...

Where can I find a Billing Statement Template for Word or Excel?
You could try something like this: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/order_form_or_invoice_form_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Iltid" <Iltid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A72C5928-9C02-4F6F-8004-9ABE807F7CA8@microsoft.com... > Take a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377071033.aspx ...

Error installing CRM 3.0 connector for GP 9.0
OK, I've been trying for days to get this installed (on a single server with SQL server 2000). Everything SEEMS to be running fine. Then about 10 minutes into the installation, it runs amok. The server load jumps to 100%, all virtual memory is consumed and about 11,000 processes are launched. It hangs at this point for about 15 minutes. You can see from the log what is going on: 12/3/2007 : 7:20:17 PM :INFO :RunSqlScripts :Install :Creating integration database CRMIntegration30 12/3/2007 : 7:20:17 PM :INFO :RunSqlScripts :CreateIntegrationDb :Creating integration DB CRMIntegration30 12/3...

MS CRM Installation problem
while creating databases Failed to install Customer Relationship Management Server Failed to create Microsoft CRM Databases. Unknown error (8004E14) metabase : 30 - addrefereneces.sql I tried to execute p_CreateLogicalReference stored procedure from Stored procedures in Metabase database it returns error: in line 52 createdby,modifiedby,systemuserid attributes couldn't be found thanks I've "experienced" this error a couple of times. If your environment has multiple domain controllers I'd suggest shutting down all of them except the one with the Global Catalogue...

suddenly when i use formula it just show
pls help me on this, somehow when i use formula, to link to existing box with formula, the result will be 0. plss help it kind of urgent here... Try to explain in a little different way please. ...

Updates After Clean Install
I did something that i shouldn't have done almost 2 yrs ago and now i am going to finally do a clean install......i need to know weather or not i will still be able to get all the updates that i missed for sp2 and can i redownload sp3 that i did not download myself but someone else did on my comp (xp home media center) Yes you can. They are all there. But this time do all your updates then create a image backup so that the next time you need to restore your computer you can restore from the image backup with all the updates intact... if need be. -- The Top Script Gener...

Word Templates for CRM
Has anyone created any good CRM 4.0 document templates in Word that they can share? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM ...

Word 2007 (Spell check dictionary gone)
I upgraded my older version of word to 2007. Now When I use spell check it does not identify the misspelled words. I have checked in proofing and everything is set correctly. However, when I checked in custom dictonaries and clicked edit for the custom.dic (defalt) the words in it where from my outlook mail contact list? How do I get this fixed? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmay...

Install OH & S 07 with 03 Trial Installed (XP)
Expired 2003 Office Trial on laptop with XP oper. sys. I want to install my 2nd home license of OH & S 2007 (full version, not an upgrade). What steps should I take and in what order? Thanks. Uninstall the Trial & any Activation Assistant, reboot, run MSUpdate for critical updates, then install 2007 "zeke" <zeke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9A2EDD9-F516-4BA9-9475-6158ADDD25C4@microsoft.com... > Expired 2003 Office Trial on laptop with XP oper. sys. I want to install > my > 2nd home license of OH & S 2007 (full versi...

Multiple CRM 3.0 Installs in One Domain
We'd like to have 2 CRM 3.0 environments (dev and production) such that crm.domain.com points to production and crmtest.domain.com points to a dev environment. These will be mutually exclusive environments in that they will not need to share data. The dev environment will serve 2 purposes. 1. development arena - custom entities, callouts, etc 2. training arena - for internal company use I hear a lot of talk about CRM supporting such a configuration, but no reference to where I can find the documentation that would tell us how to implement it. Can anyone help out with that? Also, if...

Installing Money 2007 #2
I have Money 2003 on my computer and I just purchased Money 2007 Deluxe. Do I need to have the latest version and where can I find them so that i can use Money 2007. Everytime I try to install, I get a message telling me that I need the latest version or the Service Pack. Can someone tell me what I need to get this Deluxe installed. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, JMacon wrote: >I have Money 2003 on my computer and I just purchased Money 2007 Deluxe. Do >I need to have the latest version and where can I find them so that i can use >Money 2007. Everytime I try to inst...

How can I make my Word index case-insensitive
How can I get my index to group, 'gold', 'Gold' and 'GOLD' under the same index heading Format the index entries accordingly. That is, even though you have selected GOLD to index, make sure the XE field says "gold." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Kevin Lobo" <Kevin Lobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A4B3560-17E0-4B51-9042-6C0176FB18FD@microsoft.com... > How can I get my index to group, 'gold', 'Gold' and 'GOLD...

Repeating 'Installing Money' message.
I enrolled in a Visual Basic.net class and had to update my windows XP home edition to XP Professional. After installation, I periodically get a popup dialogue box telling me that Microsoft Money is being installed. Then it tells me it cannot find the installation disc. The drive path looks like money was initially installed from someone's network. Computer came from Best Buy last year with MONEY preinstalled. If I press Cancel, the message goes away but comes back a little later. I tried putting someone's Money disks in the drive to see if reinstalling the product wou...

Installation issue on v3c
I have tried to use the installation package made availabel on 21st december to install the CRM client on Outlook 2007 running under Vista. This is a copletely fresh build of Vista and Office 2007. However, it gets to the point where it says that it must have .NET installed. Indeed, it tells me I must manually install it. But, of course, ..NET 3.0 is already installed as part of the operating system (Vista). If I try to run the redistribatiuon package it will (and does as I trie dit) prevent it installing as it is already there and is intelligent enough to know that. I ave admin r...

How do I get a word count on an article I just completed?
I am submitting an article for publication and need to let them know how many words are in this article. I have been trying to figure this out on my own (new computer) to no avail. Help, please! Which version of Word???????? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "SunflowerJean" <SunflowerJean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:386A9D9B-BE83-4836-B6E7-04DA5A09DC09@microsoft.com... > I am submitting an article for publication and need to let them know how > many > words are in this article. I have been trying to figure this out on my > ...

Installer Cleanup Utility fails to install
Using XP Pro SP3 and Office 2000 SR-1 Premium. Need to use Windows Installer Cleanup Utility msicuu2.exe, but got following errors during installation: Internal Error 2908. {121634B3-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {121634B5-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {BF1C5C32-2FC9-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {121634B6-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} === Logging stopped: 19/04/2010 14:50:47 === The installer ended with a "successful installation" and the utility was placed in Program items, but runs with the same errors as in the ...

Could not install public actions
My installation of Outlook 2007 has developed a problem where a dialogue box opens the first time I try to open an email. The box contains the message "Could not install custom actions. The object could not be found." If I try to open the email later it opens without the message. Someone suggested saving my personal folders to an external file, creating a new profile within Outlook and importing the folders. I tried it and the problem continues. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, have you found a solution? Thanks, John Gilkey 'Custom actions' indica...

formula in word
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I see how to set the formula in Excel, but I wanted to know if you can Calculate the # Years Months &amp; Days Difference Between Two Dates in a word table (I need to calculate Chronological Age-- where Today's date will always be updated, and subtract birthdate in a given cell.) Hi ALEMCoord, To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Word Date Calculation Tutorial, at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=249902 or ht...

installing a new master hdd
I cannot boot XP on my hp pavilion 7935 PC-- I have only been able to access the OS with an ERD Boot Disk to recover files. But I have a slew of programs on it too. Someone suggested that I use another pc, make the current hdd a slave, and be able to use it that way. But all I have is a laptop with vista. Since I have a set of HP installation disks for that PC and OS, can I simply install a new hdd and install XP on that to set as master, then use the current one as a slave? I guess the question is can I do that using the HP disks? I believe the disks are capable of formatt...

I want to insert a figure/diagram into my word document
I want to insert into a word document so figures and graphs so that the final document has these figures embedded so that it is near the relevant text. Please explain what difficulty you are having in doing this. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Clydesdale" <Clydesdale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB4C60A5-EA17-4F43-8697-75F9D60A322E@microsoft.com... >I want to insert into a word document so figures and graphs so that the >final > document has these figures ...