Just checking ...

I ran the installer package yesterday, but none of my Office apps show
the 12.2.1 label. In fact, the only clue I can find at all that anything
happened in is my MacHD > Library > Receipts folder, where I see
"Office2008_en_ooxml_12.2.1.incremental.pkg". Is this correct? Should I
see anything else with this?

Thanks.
--
Sandy
sw.foster 1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)

on mine, in Word, Menu: Word, About Word, it says "Update 12.2.1"

--rms

Sandy Foster wrote:
> I ran the installer package yesterday, but none of my Office apps show
> the 12.2.1 label. In fact, the only clue I can find at all that anything
> happened in is my MacHD > Library > Receipts folder, where I see
> "Office2008_en_ooxml_12.2.1.incremental.pkg". Is this correct? Should I
> see anything else with this?
>
> Thanks.
On 8/7/09 9:04 AM, in article
invalid-047C58.09041907082009@news.supernews.com, "Sandy Foster"
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I ran the installer package yesterday, but none of my Office apps show
> the 12.2.1 label. In fact, the only clue I can find at all that anything
> happened in is my MacHD > Library > Receipts folder, where I see
> "Office2008_en_ooxml_12.2.1.incremental.pkg". Is this correct? Should I
> see anything else with this?

Verify 12.2.1 update

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/08/verify_1221_update.html>

Confused over Microsoft Update Version numbers?

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/05/confused_over_microsoft_update.html>

--
Diane

In article <C6A1C44E.2182D%EntourageHelp@gmail.com>,
 Diane Ross <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/7/09 9:04 AM, in article
> invalid-047C58.09041907082009@news.supernews.com, "Sandy Foster"
> <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> > I ran the installer package yesterday, but none of my Office apps show
> > the 12.2.1 label. In fact, the only clue I can find at all that anything
> > happened in is my MacHD > Library > Receipts folder, where I see
> > "Office2008_en_ooxml_12.2.1.incremental.pkg". Is this correct? Should I
> > see anything else with this?
>
> Verify 12.2.1 update
>
> <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/08/verify_1221_update.html>
>
> Confused over Microsoft Update Version numbers?
>
> <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/05/confused_over_microsoft_update.html>

Thanks, Diane. Since I didn't ever install Entourage, I couldn't check
there. I should have mentioned that I only installed Word, Excel and PP.
Sorry!

--
Sandy
sw.foster 1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
http://www.sandymike.net
0
invalid (293)
8/7/2009 7:52:57 PM
In article <Olgx9t3FKHA.4732@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
 Rob Schneider <rmschne@yahoo_but_not_often_checked.com> wrote:

> on mine, in Word, Menu: Word, About Word, it says "Update 12.2.1"
>
> --rms

Thanks, Rob! It's very odd -- I'd checked the Finder info for Word,
Excel and PP, and all said 12.2.0. Definitely the old number. However,
checking in the opened applications shows the correct number. Next time
I won't rely on the short way of checking.

Thanks again. :)

--
Sandy
sw.foster 1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
http://www.sandymike.net
0
invalid (293)
8/7/2009 7:55:44 PM
Apparently Finder doesn't pick up on the new version info right away... I
just applied the 12.2.1 & checked Info which showed 12.2.0, then
launched/quit Word & Get Info still showed 12.2.0 � Odd thing is I applied
the Converter update also & its Get Info does show 1.1.1 � go figure :-)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/7/09 3:55 PM, in article
invalid-F22980.12554407082009@news.supernews.com, "Sandy Foster"

In article <C6A2176B.4FD60%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net>,
 CyberTaz <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Apparently Finder doesn't pick up on the new version info right away... I
> just applied the 12.2.1 & checked Info which showed 12.2.0, then
> launched/quit Word & Get Info still showed 12.2.0 � Odd thing is I applied
> the Converter update also & its Get Info does show 1.1.1 � go figure :-)
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac

Very strange. However, perhaps it will reflect the new number after I
restart my Mac -- when I get around to it. ;)

--
Sandy
sw.foster 1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
http://www.sandymike.net
0
invalid (293)
8/7/2009 11:47:01 PM
On 8/7/09 12:52 PM, in article
invalid-06FF19.12525707082009@news.supernews.com, "Sandy Foster"
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Thanks, Diane. Since I didn't ever install Entourage, I couldn't check
> there. I should have mentioned that I only installed Word, Excel and PP.
> Sorry!

Not a good move. This can keep updates from successfully updating Office. It
takes up very little space.

About Word, About Excel About Powerpoint all will give you the info.

--
Diane

On 8/7/09 2:39 PM, in article C6A2176B.4FD60%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
"Bob Jones" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Apparently Finder doesn't pick up on the new version info right away

I've seen were it can take up to 4 reboots for the Finder to update the
Desktop Database file.

I sent you a message off list with more info.

--
Diane

In article <C6A21A8A.21860%EntourageHelp@gmail.com>,
 Diane Ross <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/7/09 12:52 PM, in article
> invalid-06FF19.12525707082009@news.supernews.com, "Sandy Foster"
> <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Diane. Since I didn't ever install Entourage, I couldn't check
> > there. I should have mentioned that I only installed Word, Excel and PP.
> > Sorry!
>
> Not a good move. This can keep updates from successfully updating Office. It
> takes up very little space.
>
> About Word, About Excel About Powerpoint all will give you the info.

Okay, if I decide to install Entourage, should I uninstall Office first,
then reinstall and update? Or can I simply do a custom install of
Entourage and update that?

--
Sandy
sw.foster 1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
http://www.sandymike.net
0
invalid (293)
8/8/2009 2:12:25 PM
Dug a little deeper when applying 12.2.1 to another Mac: Apparently the
update doesn't modify any of the apps in any way so the actual version
number does not change. Finder/Get Info will still report all of them as
Version 12.2.0 & the About... window for each app will continue to display
the same thing. However, there is a new line in the window which reads:

Latest Installed Update: 12.2.1

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/7/09 5:39 PM, in article C6A2176B.4FD60%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
"CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Apparently Finder doesn't pick up on the new version info right away... I
> just applied the 12.2.1 & checked Info which showed 12.2.0, then
> launched/quit Word & Get Info still showed 12.2.0 � Odd thing is I applied
> the Converter update also & its Get Info does show 1.1.1 � go figure :-)
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 8/7/09 3:55 PM, in article
> invalid-F22980.12554407082009@news.supernews.com, "Sandy Foster"
> <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In article <Olgx9t3FKHA.4732@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
>>  Rob Schneider <rmschne@yahoo_but_not_often_checked.com> wrote:
>>
>>> on mine, in Word, Menu: Word, About Word, it says "Update 12.2.1"
>>>
>>> --rms
>>
>> Thanks, Rob! It's very odd -- I'd checked the Finder info for Word,
>> Excel and PP, and all said 12.2.0. Definitely the old number. However,
>> checking in the opened applications shows the correct number. Next time
>> I won't rely on the short way of checking.
>>
>> Thanks again. :)

On 8/8/09 7:12 AM, in article
invalid-F2A35B.07122508082009@news.supernews.com, "Sandy Foster"
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Okay, if I decide to install Entourage, should I uninstall Office first,
> then reinstall and update? Or can I simply do a custom install of
> Entourage and update that?

I would do the re-install just to be safe. These steps are not as time
consuming as a full removal and install.

Steps to re-install Office

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/reinstall_steps.html>

--
Diane

In article <C6A31F8E.218D1%EntourageHelp@gmail.com>,
 Diane Ross <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/8/09 7:12 AM, in article
> invalid-F2A35B.07122508082009@news.supernews.com, "Sandy Foster"
> <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Okay, if I decide to install Entourage, should I uninstall Office first,
> > then reinstall and update? Or can I simply do a custom install of
> > Entourage and update that?
>
> I would do the re-install just to be safe. These steps are not as time
> consuming as a full removal and install.
>
> Steps to re-install Office
>
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/reinstall_steps.html>

Thanks, Diane. I'll get to that in the next few days. :)

--
Sandy
sw.foster 1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
http://www.sandymike.net
0
invalid (293)

How to check whether the current application's user interface displays using visual styles?
Hi, How to check if my app displays using visual styles? IsAppThemed() and IsThemeActive() return TRUE all the time. I would like to see if theme enabling manifest exists and works or not... thanks Dmitry Nogin wrote: > How to check if my app displays using visual styles? e.g. GetWindowTheme() on a fake button. ...

Just off the Press ....Explosive
Just off the Press ..Explosive Customer Building Techniques New toolkit reveals 26 Explosive Customer Building techniques that will produce ready to buy subscribers, as much as 50 times faster than most other conventional methods. (there is a 100% quadruple money back guarantee - yes quadruple, you'll be amazed) Just imagine all the money you could make. You can use your money for whatever you like. Buy yourself (or the kids) an education, buy or pay off your House or Car. Donate some or all of your newly earned wealth to your favorite charity. To learn more go to: http://50000custom...

only 34 more days 2 go until the mentally challenged Kevin Panzke finishes this round of Ubuntu 10.04 countdown. Just FYI
Just FYI ...

check for duplicates
Hi all, I have the data as shown below col A col B 1 a 2 a 3 a 1 a 1 b 2 b Is there any formula to find duplicates( 1st and 4th rows are duplicates) are there or not? I am using the sumproduct formula in supporting column C But I need the formula in C1 which displays "Duplicates" if there are or else "No duplicates" Thanks in advance Hi, Check CPearson web http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx "Rod" wrote: > Hi all, > I have the data as shown bel...

Check these corrective pack for Windows
--yigsmftkn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yoltzmlopope"; type="multipart/alternative" --yoltzmlopope Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bhizbykrolb" --bhizbykrolb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help ...

Word 2007 (Spell check dictionary gone)
I upgraded my older version of word to 2007. Now When I use spell check it does not identify the misspelled words. I have checked in proofing and everything is set correctly. However, when I checked in custom dictonaries and clicked edit for the custom.dic (defalt) the words in it where from my outlook mail contact list? How do I get this fixed? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmay...

suddenly when i use formula it just show
pls help me on this, somehow when i use formula, to link to existing box with formula, the result will be 0. plss help it kind of urgent here... Try to explain in a little different way please. ...

how can i make a rule that checks the body of a message that has been bounced back to me?
how can i make a rule that checks the body of a message that has been bounced back to me? you know, the messages that come from system administrator saying "Undeliverable: ". for some strange reason my outlook won't check the body of the message... it will check the subject, but i want to to check the message body. why doesn't this work? im using outlook 2003 sp1, exchange server 2003. That's because such messages actually have no body text. What you see is = generated by Outlook on the fly, not stored as a message body.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Auth...

just for testing
0oi[- ...

How do I get a word count on an article I just completed?
I am submitting an article for publication and need to let them know how many words are in this article. I have been trying to figure this out on my own (new computer) to no avail. Help, please! Which version of Word???????? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "SunflowerJean" <SunflowerJean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:386A9D9B-BE83-4836-B6E7-04DA5A09DC09@microsoft.com... > I am submitting an article for publication and need to let them know how > many > words are in this article. I have been trying to figure this out on my > ...

Check List in VBA
Check List in VBA Hello, I=92m looking for advice on the following: Let=92s say you wanted to check a list of values (same data type, same length, etc) without using a table in VBA. Something like=85 If strValue in ( Value1, Value2, Value3, ValueN) Then do something With a short list, a simple case statement would suffice, but because of its structure (TestExpression), (ExpressionList), (StatementBlock), it could get rather long. What I=92m trying to do is verify a list of user ID=92s in code without using a table object (which would be linked). Am I crazy or can...

I just don't understand it!
I am a noob on this forum, please tell me how do I type in color text _______________ Dating listing 'Dating Services' (http://advertads.com/dating-services/) -- datingservices2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ datingservices2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571248 I am a noob on this forum, please tell me how do I type in color text _______________ Dating listing 'Dating Services' (http://advertads....

how to calculate a count of checkboxes that have been checked
I need to place check boxes in individual cells, and then to hopefully show the count of checkboxes that have been checked in a range. This will be a form that is used for manual data entry, FYI. For example, the checkboxes are in cells G14, G15, and so on (through cell G25). And i need to show the count of checkboxes that are checked in a seperate cell, (i.e., cell G26). Is there a straightforward way of doing this. Thanks for any suggestions. I think that the most straightforward way is to drop the checkboxes and use an "X" in a cell. Then you could use: =countif(g1:g10,&qu...

Just a simple Q Can someone just take a look at my Q? Please Please
Is there any websit that have information on Great Plains dedicated just to Great Plain, Is There any training facility to teach Great Plains in the DC, MD area or even good books Can anyone get Licence in Great Plains? Thanks http://www.microsoft.com/greatplains -- Brandon Smith Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com "msw" <msw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23a1HndwsFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there any websit that have information on Great Plains dedicated just > to > Great Plain, ...

Spell Check #19
When I attempt to run a spell check, I get an error: "Error occured when checking spelling"...can anyone tell me why and how I can resolve this? Thanks, Paul >-----Original Message----- >When I attempt to run a spell check, I get an error: > >"Error occured when checking spelling"...can anyone tell >me why and how I can resolve this? > >Thanks, >Paul >. > I also have this problem, I can't explain it either. I could not find any help on the Microsoft site. So If anyone could help us it would be most appricated. Thanks. ...

Memo is just a bunch of numbers
I just switched from Money 2002 to Money 2005 S.B. When I download transactions from USBank, I get a whole bunch of meaningless (to me anyway) numbers in the Memo section of each transaction. It's a pain because I have to delete them for each transaction. I don't use the memo section a lot so I like to leave it blank. I never had this "auto-fill" of the Memo when I used Money 2002. Can I turn this off, or do something else to prevent it from happening? Thanks for any help. Maybe this option will help: Tools->Settings->Online Services Uncheck 'add a des...

Just so you don't think I've dropped off the face of the planet
I just thought I'd crawl out from my cave, just in case anyone was beginning to think I'd disappeared (though the flood of emails voicing concern has been tumultuous I must say... You all have my address, it would be nice if you could use it occasionally...Makes a girl feel wanted, y'know...) Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, me. I left home roughly 10 days ago (I have lost track of time at the moment, it could be longer, could be shorter, I really have no idea) intending to go and stay with a friend in Hereford (if you Yanks don't know where that is, ask Ed) for a few days. Whilst...

just added a new contact. can't get the name in the to: field
I just added a new contact. Tried to send mail to new contact but can't the name displayed in the TO: field. What am I doing wrong? r-click on the contact, select Create, new message to contact Man of War wrote: > I just added a new contact. Tried to send mail to new contact but can't the > name displayed in the TO: field. What am I doing wrong? "Man of War" <Man of War@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4500C84-9319-4446-B920-2C19FA2B9EFE@microsoft.com... >I just added a new contact. Tried to send mail to new contact but can...

Outlook Periodic Check [Exchange Server]
Hello, I use MS Outlook 2000 on Windows XP using a connection to an MS Exchange Server. Is there anyway I can set up my client to only exchange emails with the server on a periodic basis, or when I hit the Send/Receive button (like a POP account) or is this entirely dictated by the server? ...

How do I check search for duplicate entries in an Excel spreadshe.
I have over 4,500 serial numbers on an Excel 2002 spreadsheet. How do I quickly check/search for duplicate entries? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DC wrote: > I have over 4,500 serial numbers on an Excel 2002 spreadsheet. How > do I quickly check/search for duplicate entries? Do you want to search for duplicates or just get a list of Unique IDs. If the latter then just use Data / Filter / Advanced Filter, Tick copy to another location and tick unique IDs only, select another cell to dump them and ...

Check Box in a dialog
Hello, I have a check box in a dialog (.rc). I want the check box to show the state, I meen, if the user pressed the check box - it is with "vi". I update a variable that the user chose it. When the user goes to other page and then returns to the same page, by checking the value of the variable, I want to put "vi" in the check box, in a case that he chose it. How can I do that the "vi" will appear on the check box? Thanks Use the classwizard to create a variable value for your checkbox and then use UpdateData(). Greetings, Gaetano Liat <anonymous@disc...

How to send just one page of a multi-page workbook?
Is there a way to email just one page of a workbook? Recently, I was asked to do so and I ended up selecting that page, copying it, and pasting it into a new workbook which I then sent as an attachment. Is there an easier way? Thanks for your help. -- Alan The only way i'd suggest would be to right click the worksheet tab you want to send and select move or copy. Then select make a copy and a new book. "*alan*" <in_flagrante@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2aOHi.3448$Sd4.1283@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com... > Is there a way to email just one page of a workbook? Rece...

Bank Reconciliation in GP for o/s checks and deposits from old sys
Hi - How do we reconcile checks and deposits made from old system? Those checks and deposits will be reflected in the bank statement but since they were conducted before you began using GP, there will be no record of those transactions in the system (except in the amount entered in the "last reconcilied amount" from the checkbook ID maintenance screen which is a total amount). When doing the bank rec - for the first time, how do we go and select those checks and deposits? Thanks - ...

startup just changed
Hi. My copy of Money 99 just started doing something unusual after several years of using it. When it starts, it looks for a disk in drive E (my CD drive). I have to Cancel past this screen. Just an annoyance, but any idea how I can make this stop? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No change. Any tip here would be appreciated.. Thanks. Bruce More.... I should have mentioned that I just upgraded to XP Home about a month ago. Just started this today, however.. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Bruce Bowe wrote: >Hi. >My copy of Money 99 just started doing some...

Check boxes
So I have a check box on a form that is attached to a field on a Link Table. If you do not have a record created yet and click the check box, the whole thing hangs - there is no primary key set. So what I want to do is run an if/then function which checks/unchecks the box if there is information in the main field (which contains a key on the Link Table record) and does not if said field is empty. However, I can't see where the checkbox action comes in. I'm hesitant to use [Control].enabled because this is on a continuous subform, so turning one instance on/off seem...