internet explorer errors

when i am in internet explorer looking at anything and close the window i get
the error message that an error has occured and it needs to close. this
happens no matter where i am looking. or what im looking at. what can cause
this and how do I fix it?

In article <D3FCC685-4A5C-455E-B092-9C288FC40B6D@microsoft.com>,
 silvrtungdevl <silvrtungdevl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> when i am in internet explorer looking at anything and close the window i get
> the error message that an error has occured and it needs to close. this
> happens no matter where i am looking. or what im looking at. what can cause
> this and how do I fix it?

Stop using Internet Explorer.  Problem solved.

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to

JR
On 14/1/08 9:20 AM, in article
jollyroger-1EFF9A.16200713012008@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net, "Jolly
Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <D3FCC685-4A5C-455E-B092-9C288FC40B6D@microsoft.com>,
>  silvrtungdevl <silvrtungdevl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> when i am in internet explorer looking at anything and close the window i get
>> the error message that an error has occured and it needs to close. this
>> happens no matter where i am looking. or what im looking at. what can cause
>> this and how do I fix it?
>
> Stop using Internet Explorer.  Problem solved.

Forgive "Jolly" Roger.  He/she is technically adept but sometimes has a bad
hair day.

You've landed in a discussion group for users of Mac versions of Word (not
your fault: it's a charming foible of Microsoft's web interface that you
used).

I suspect you are using a PC, not a Mac. The Mac version of IE has not been
supported for some time, which is why Mac people use Safari, Camino, Firefox
etc. If you *are* on a Mac, Jolly Roger's advice is valid, albeit brief;
it's simply not worth while using IE on the Mac.

Although several people here use both PCs and Macs and may give you an
answer soon, it's likely that more people in a PC group have experienced
your specific problem. Here's where all the groups are listed:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx

When you post, you should give details of your operating system and version
of IE.

Cheers,

Clive Huggan
Canberra, Australia
(My time zone is 5-11 hours different from North America and Europe, so my
follow-on responses to those regions can be delayed)

In article <C3B0EB4E.32D9A%REMOVETHISoffice@ANDTHISstrategists.com.au>,
 Clive Huggan <REMOVETHISoffice@ANDTHISstrategists.com.au> wrote:

> On 14/1/08 9:20 AM, in article
> jollyroger-1EFF9A.16200713012008@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net, "Jolly
> Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <D3FCC685-4A5C-455E-B092-9C288FC40B6D@microsoft.com>,
> >  silvrtungdevl <silvrtungdevl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >> when i am in internet explorer looking at anything and close the window i
> >> get
> >> the error message that an error has occured and it needs to close. this
> >> happens no matter where i am looking. or what im looking at. what can
> >> cause
> >> this and how do I fix it?
> >
> > Stop using Internet Explorer.  Problem solved.
>
> Forgive "Jolly" Roger.  He/she is technically adept but sometimes has a bad
> hair day.

LOL...  funny.  : )

Actually, I assumed the poster was using Mac OS X - naturally - this is
a Mac news group.  Internet Explorer hasn't been updated in YEARS on Mac
OS X, so my advice to stop using it is actually good advice for Mac
users!  ; )

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to
this address so that your email doesn't get eaten by my SPAM filter.

JR
In article
<jollyroger-A40486.12282514012008@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>
Jolly Roger jollyroger@pobox.com wrote:

> LOL...  funny.  : )

> Actually, I assumed the poster was using Mac OS X - naturally - this
> is a Mac news group.  Internet Explorer hasn't been updated in YEARS
> on Mac OS X, so my advice to stop using it is actually good advice
> for Mac users!  ; )

Yes and o. I would recommend not using it most of the time, but still
keeping it around for the few sites that will actually not work without
it (IE has *some* ActiveX support that you cannot find in any other
browser).

Corentin
--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

korventeen (753)
1/14/2008 7:32:00 PM
In article <nemoMon011408013054@news.microsoft.com>,
 Corentin Cras-Méneur <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:

> In article
> <jollyroger-A40486.12282514012008@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>
> Jolly Roger jollyroger@pobox.com wrote:
>

> > LOL...  funny.  : )
>
> > Actually, I assumed the poster was using Mac OS X - naturally - this
> > is a Mac news group.  Internet Explorer hasn't been updated in YEARS
> > on Mac OS X, so my advice to stop using it is actually good advice
> > for Mac users!  ; )
>

> Yes and o. I would recommend not using it most of the time, but still
> keeping it around for the few sites that will actually not work without
> it (IE has *some* ActiveX support that you cannot find in any other
> browser).

I simply won't bother with a site that *requires* IE.

--

<jollyroger-759BDF.17045414012008@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>
Jolly Roger jollyroger@pobox.com wrote:

>>  Yes and o. I would recommend not using it most of the time, but
>> still  keeping it around for the few sites that will actually not
>> work without  it (IE has *some* ActiveX support that you cannot find
>> in any other  browser).

> I simply won't bother with a site that *requires* IE.

Well that?s because you have a choice. I don?t always have one.

Corentin
--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

korventeen (753)
1/14/2008 11:23:30 PM
In article <nemoMon011408052250@news.microsoft.com>,
 Corentin Cras-Méneur <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:

> In article
> <jollyroger-759BDF.17045414012008@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>
> Jolly Roger jollyroger@pobox.com wrote:
>

> >>  Yes and o. I would recommend not using it most of the time, but
> >> still  keeping it around for the few sites that will actually not
> >> work without  it (IE has *some* ActiveX support that you cannot find
> >> in any other  browser).
>
> > I simply won't bother with a site that *requires* IE.
>
> Well that?s because you have a choice. I don?t always have one.

You have a choice too. The choice is to complain to web masters who make
such sites. Usually, but not always, complaining results in them
changing the site to be more standards compliant.

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to
this address so that your email doesn't get eaten by my SPAM filter.

JR
Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> > Well that?s because you have a choice. I don?t always have one.
>
> You have a choice too. The choice is to complain to web masters who make
> such sites. Usually, but not always, complaining results in them
> changing the site to be more standards compliant.

I have heavily complained more than once and I still have the same
issues with the same sites still using ActiveX.

Believe me, I *do* send feedback as often as I can.

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)
1/18/2008 8:10:56 AM
In article <1iavxp3.1mpw10agl70a1N%korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org>,
 korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org (Corentin Cras-Méneur) wrote:

> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > > Well that?s because you have a choice. I don?t always have one.
> >
> > You have a choice too. The choice is to complain to web masters who make
> > such sites. Usually, but not always, complaining results in them
> > changing the site to be more standards compliant.
>
> I have heavily complained more than once and I still have the same
> issues with the same sites still using ActiveX.
>
> Believe me, I *do* send feedback as often as I can.
>
> Corentin

Well that's really the best you can do, other than not use those web
sites.

--

Jolly Roger wrote:

> You have a choice too. The choice is to complain to web masters who make
> such sites. Usually, but not always, complaining results in them
> changing the site to be more standards compliant.

Not meaning to be argumentative. One example I have where I "don't have
a choice" is a couple of Intranet sites at work that were coded with
ActiveX -- particularly our ancient HR site where we complete online
forms for vacation and view paycheck stubs (we don't get paper stubs).

Because our Macs are about 1/10 the population of all computers and they
don't want to upgrade their system, Mac folks are stuck using Windows
kiosks.

Someday, the system will die and I can only hope that
standards-NONcompliant systems won't be nearly as prevalent to choose from.

On a positive note, our internal web developers for our workflow systems
are geeky enough to enjoy asking for a Mac from our group for testing
their code. I think they just want a Mac. :-)

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
mecklists1 (142)

error in script from internet explorer
when i use online help i cannot click a link without getting an error from I.E. concerning the script ...

Outlook (& Express) errors when open
I have a laptop with Windows 95 and Office 97. I am trying to setup an email account with IE 4.0 and have had no success. When I start Microsoft Outlook 97, I receive the following message The Outllib.dll file is linked to missing export Mapi32.dll:36. followed by: A device attached to the system is not functioning. When I start Outlook Express, I receive the following message The item 'MSIMN.EXE' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or removed. The nearest match is C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\_isetup.exe. Do you want to point to this item ? Yes No I ...

Authentication Error after installation CRM 3.0
Hello I installed CRM 3.0 but i am getting Authentication Error after installation. Setup looks like One AD, 3 domain contorlers, I installed CRM on the one Domain controler. SQL 2000 SP4 and CRM 3.0 are on the same box. Exchange server is on the other box and working properly. i am member of DomainSP4 and then CRM 3.0 and underinstallation i did not get any error and it looks good but after installation i got error message at first attempt to login CRM via web prowser. 1: Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and tha...

Money 2004 internet update
My 2004 is not updating properly, infact not at all. When I press update now it will crash the program. My internet settings and bank setting are correct. This problem is only happening on my Dell computer running windows 2000. Ijust installed a new graphix card and I am running a dual monitor setup. It updated once after I installed the card then not again after that. I loaded the program on my laptop to test it and all features work fine. Are there any known issues in regards to graphix cards ore running in a dual monitor set up? Well... It is definatly the video card. I disabled ...

Error on TransferText when converting Access 97 to Access Xp
The instruction TransferText is use to create a file from a table. This program works very well (many years) on access 97. Afer the convertion to access xp I have the error : "Cannot update .." I went to Newsgroups and see that for security reason MS oblige me to change my file extension .doc to a file extension .txt. So now, I use a text file and I have always on the TransferText instruction the error : "The insert into statement contains ...unknow field name" What can I do to resolve this convertion problem ? Thank you for advance for your answers. ...

error messge #2
I am unable to use my address book in outlook. I get an error message of cannot find LDAP Directory Server (81). Can anyone help me with this? You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message when you open the Address Book in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836205&Product=off2003 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google...

Error when we try to create a quick campaign
When we try to create a quick campaign we got immediately an error message: Error: window.opener.document is null or not an object Does anyone know why? ...

'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook'
Hi - I am running Outlook 2002, SP-2, under Windows XP Home edition, SP-1. I use MS Word as my message editor. For the past few months, I get the following error message in a dialog from Outlook: 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook' This occurs when I either create a new message or note or edit an existing message or note and then leave it open for more than just a minute or two, rather than closing or saving and closing it. I have run the "Detect and Repair" menu option in Outlook several times, but that has n...

Install the internet pack for Internet Explorer
--sstgmprmnanztmshb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dyatvmthbtnsg"; type="multipart/alternative" --dyatvmthbtnsg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fbkzxamyh" --fbkzxamyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain ...

Internet Explorer
I am running Win XP 2 and have automatic upgrades ticked. IE upgraded to 8, then problems. I cannot open a MS window, try's to open but closes half why through. Same when I try to open Win Media Player, opens but when I click to play window closes. Reverted back to IE 7 but problem remains. Can open MS windows using Firefox but not media player. Tried running IE diagnostics but problem remains. Any-one any idea's? Its driving me crazy. -- clanbull ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clanbull's Profile: http://forums.techarena.i...

Report Server 500 Error
After a day of trial and error I've got everything up and running except Reports. Here's the top of the RS log file: w3wp!library!1220!3/26/2006-12:30:30:: i INFO: Initializing MaxActiveReqForOneUser to '20' requests(s) as specified in Configuration file. w3wp!library!1220!3/26/2006-12:30:30:: i INFO: Initializing MaxScheduleWait to default value of '1' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file. w3wp!library!1220!3/26/2006-12:30:30:: i INFO: Initializing DatabaseQueryTimeout to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specifie...

Subscript Out of Range Error
For some reason, I get the Subscript Out of Range Error each time I open Excel for the first time. Once I answer the message, then I can work with existing or new workbooks with no problem. Does anyone know a straighforward (simple) way to get rid of this error for good? I actually believe that I set something up accidentally--possibly in the Format menu. HELP!!! Hi sounds like an addin with errors. Have you installed such addins? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Barb" <barb@americanroller.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:969cb8ce.0410111028.39b94ad2@posting.go...

Error message while clsoing excel and word applications.
The following error messages are displayed on closing excel and word applications: excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart teh program. An error log is being created. winword.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart teh program. An error log is being created. Can somebody help? If it's happening on both excel and word, I think I'd reinstall Office. Maybe even remove it, then reinstall if reinstalling didn't fix the problem. mathavan wrote: > > The following error messages are...

FATAL error : Language database file
Dear All, Have any one experience this problem?? FATAL error : Language database file c:\documents and settings\administrator\desktop\MGRLanguage.dat not found. Plus.... the application store manager/store pos/store administrator cannot be open.... it was saying not a valid win32 application. It happen in two shops with data residing on it. I'm using 1.3.0203 GregDxb wrote: > Dear All, > > Have any one experience this problem?? > > FATAL error : Language database file c:\documents and > settings\administrator\desktop\MGRLanguage.dat not found. why you hav...

Internet Explorer Problem
I have a weird one that I haven't been able to solve and need some help. My Internet Explorer browser on my XP machine will not run in 'Admin' mode but runs fine in any of the user modes on the machine. I've done what I can to reset IE to original settings and no luck which leads to to believe that the program, in of itself, is okay but there's apparently some registry key I need to tweak to get it running again in Admin mode. If I boot up into a general user mode OR 'switch user', it's fine. So I'm hopeful that a MS engineer might see this and b...

Windows Vista
I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me. I just saw a screen capture of what appears to be either Vista's Windows Explorer or Search Screen. Near the top of the 'screen' it says: Show Only: 'All' 'E-Mail' 'Document' 'Picture' 'Music' 'Other' What I want to know is how this affects e-mail. I currently use Outlook 2003 for e-mail and the PST file is password protected since more then one person uses the computer. As a result I obviously don't want my e-mail searched and displayed to anyone who just clicks on the &#...

MSExchange Errors
Hi, I've recently installed and configured a SB server 2003 with Exchange 2003 included. all was going well until a few days ago when i started to get a steady amount of exchange errors: MSExchangeAL: LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory server01.watersave.local for distinguished name ''. Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down. DC=watersave,DC=local The Win32 API call 'DsGetDCNameW' returned error code [0x862] The specified component could not be found in the configuration information. The service could not be initialized. Make sure that the operating syst...

Error Message: You do not have permission to log on.
I am a network admin of about 45 computers. 2 ppl are having problems when they open Outlook. They get an error message that says this exactly: "Can not open your default email folder. You do not have permission to log on." This makes no sense to me. Could it have something to do with user options on the PDC or what? Please help, this is very annoying. Thanx ...

Recieving Errors
I can SEND mail, but then I get an error upon RECEIVE. Does anyone know what to do about this?: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" Do you have any anti-virus software installed to check your incoming mail? Some such software can cause this problem. If you do have A/V software, see if there's an update that mi...

Error: Unable to set the Xvalues property of the series class
I have VBA code that generates a paired-vectors of variant/varian arrays A and B. I want to plot this A vs B on XYScatter chart for 4 different paired-vectors of A and B directly on the Chart. Each o these A (and B) vectors are 360 elements long. e.g. For i = 1 to 40 Ai = -variant/variant array of 360 elements- Bi = -variant/variant array of 360 elements- With ActiveChart .ChartType = xlXYScatter Set ns = .SeriesCollection.NewSeries With ns .name = "A and B " & i .XValues = Ai '->>>> _this_is_where_I_get_the_abovementioned__Error_ - .Values = B...

Outlook error #4
We are running Exchange 2000 in our domain, and when we take one of our domain controllers off line, Outlook 2002 stops retrieving mail, and complains that it is unable to retrieve mail from the domain controller (which has never been a mail server). There are now MX records pointing to the domain controller as a mail server. Any ideas about a cause or resolution? ...

Error while Changing Form.Filter in VBA
Hi. I have a combobox OnChange event which should update a form's datasource base on the combobox's value in Colum1. Code is below. But when this code executes I get the error "Run-time error '2001': You canceled the previous operation." Private Sub FilteredContacts_Change() Me.Form.Filter = "[Contact_ID] = '" & FilteredContacts.Column(1) & "'" Me.Form.FilterOn = True End Sub What am I doing wrong or how do I fix this? Thanks! That very misleading error message often occurs when you've misspelled the name of a...

Security Certificate Error
Hi. One user when clicking on his personal folders icon received the following text in a pop up window. May I ask for opinions on how to solve it please? "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. A certificate chain processed but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider." Thanks in advance for any assistance. D. ...

Error when synchronizing in Outlook
What could be the possible causes for the following error when trying to go off-line and synchronize in Outlook: --------------------------- Error --------------------------- The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- This error occurs shortly after the Downloading Status dialog box is opened (the one with the progress bar). The error can be reproduced from any client, so it seems to be a server side problem. Working on-line, both in Internet Explorer and from inside Outlook works fine, and the synchronisati...

*.srs file causes "The operation failed. An object could not be found" error message when you click Send and Receive in Outlook <1169176071.683743.154260@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
I found that when ever a new profile is created in outlook a new *.srs (send receive settings)file exists. The *.srs file contains hard coded paths to the local cached pst files in documents and settings \blah\blah. Answer: Close outlook, simply delete all the *srs files from %userprofile%\application data\Microsoft\Outlook. EG C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.srs When outlook is re-opened it will create a new *.srs file (* = the name of your profile in outlook) Answer 2 When using IMAP with outlook we found that on some PC's they hang when ...