Installing new license w/Old settings.

Greetings,

A while back, I left a job in which I used MS Office on my Powerbook.
So the Office license on my computer was registered to that company. I
then purchased my own copy of Office X. Anyone out there know how I
can install the new Office license while retaining all my emails,
contacts, notes, settings, etc from the old Office license?

Then, I'm going to install the free upgrade to Office 2004 that came
with my copy of Office X.

Thanks in advance.

In article <8c10b4e0.0411041141.70154217@posting.google.com>,
 johnrisser@aol.com (johnnyriss) wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> A while back, I left a job in which I used MS Office on my Powerbook.
> So the Office license on my computer was registered to that company. I
> then purchased my own copy of Office X. Anyone out there know how I
> can install the new Office license while retaining all my emails,
> contacts, notes, settings, etc from the old Office license?
>
> Then, I'm going to install the free upgrade to Office 2004 that came
> with my copy of Office X.

Your emails, contacts, and notes are safe in the Microsoft User Data
folder, and any preferences you want to save are in the

    ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft

folder, where ~ is your home directory.

The technique found here

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html

will allow you to enter your new license key without changing any
settings.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/4/2004 8:55:14 PM
Thanks!

JE McGimpsey <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<jemcgimpsey-310B01.14551404112004@msnews.microsoft.com>...
> In article <8c10b4e0.0411041141.70154217@posting.google.com>,
>  johnrisser@aol.com (johnnyriss) wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > A while back, I left a job in which I used MS Office on my Powerbook.
> > So the Office license on my computer was registered to that company. I
> > then purchased my own copy of Office X. Anyone out there know how I
> > can install the new Office license while retaining all my emails,
> > contacts, notes, settings, etc from the old Office license?
> >
> > Then, I'm going to install the free upgrade to Office 2004 that came
> > with my copy of Office X.
> >

> Your emails, contacts, and notes are safe in the Microsoft User Data
> folder, and any preferences you want to save are in the
>
>     ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft
>
> folder, where ~ is your home directory.
>
> The technique found here
>
>     http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html
>
> will allow you to enter your new license key without changing any
> settings.

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Hyperlink to Open in a New Window
I'm really hoping someone can help me. I've created a web page with hyperlinks. The hyperlinks work, but I need them to open in a new window. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do this, but I'm sure there is a way. Thank you so much in advance. Damon -- mojave250 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mojave250's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=8287 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1826078 http://www.officehelp.in Reference: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/H...

Value Pak Installer

Installation #4

Copy Excel Custom Menus to New Computer
Hi Can anyone tell me if I can copy my Custom menus from excel 2003 to my new computer and how to do it. regards Iain Will you be doing a full install of Office on your new computer? If not, pick out the parts that pertain to your question(the *.XLB file mainly) You thought this was going to be easy, didn't you?<g> Toolbar and Menu customizations are stored in your xxxxxx.XLB file where xxxxxx is version-dependent name. Excel 97.....username.xlb Excel 2000...Excel9.xlb Excel 2002...Excel10.xlb Excel 2003...Excel11.xlb Note: there may be other customizations you want to...

The New Release of RMS
When is this supposed to be comming...anyone??? I heard that RMS Partners were getting a copy of RMS 3.0 in July...of 07' I am pretty sure that didn't happen! -- Thank You Vince :) I think July of 2007 is when 2.0 was released to the public. I havent even read anything about new features and such of 3.00. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:ED6C522B-8E7B-4018-9F23-CD78CE32C500@microsoft.com... > When is this supposed to be comming...anyone??? I heard that RMS Partners > were getting a copy of RMS 3.0 in July...of 07' I ...

Frequent file corruption in the documents and setting area
Since a month or so, I have frequent messages 'corrupted file, run chkdsk' after booting. The files concerned are ALWAYS in the 'documents and setting' directory, often temp files, or Norton 360 files. I am quite positive that the disk itself is sane (only 1 raw sector is reallocated in SMART). Any idea from what area could the problem come ? I do have units up to K (2 physical units), and only this directory ever get corrupted on G (system XP pro) Thanks -- Jean Paulo "Jean-Paulo" <jean.paulo@free.fr> responded in News item ...

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

Changing new mail defaults
Hi, I've created & saved some outlook 2003 e-mail templates. We can you them by going new => Choose form but i'm wondering if theres anything i can change to make the new button default to that. thanks, Nick http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nick asked: | Hi, | I've created & save...

Problems with print preview and printing single page of multi-page report w/sub-reports
Hi All, I've come across a problem with previewing and printing reports in Access 2000 that I can't figure out, and hope someone can help. The problem report is set up with a page header, detail, and page footer. The information in the page header/footer sections is static. Within the detail are a group of controls, two of which are sub-reports. Of the two sub-reports, one in particular appears to be the problem (I'll call it SubA). SubA can shrink and grow and the controls in its detail can shrink/grow also. What I'm noticing is that sometimes the last line of text...

License questions
I have 12 servers will be upgraded to Windows 2003 server. I have 200 users. How any copies and licenses I need to purchase? Besides, I need install Exchange 2003 on two servers. I will have 200 mailbox. How any licenses I need? Is there any website I can get those license infomation? Thanks in advance! Lisa Licensing questions are best answered by your software vendor. Here are some links. Pricing and Licensing for Medium Organizations http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/howtobuy/medium.mspx Exchange Server 2003 Licensing FAQ http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/howtobuy/licensingFAQ.mspx...

Personal Folder Backup
Hey everybody, I’m using Microsoft “personal folder backup” addin in order to backup PST files for user in my domain. I want to backup their PST files to a network location but I don’t want to do it manually for every user. Does anyone know how can I set a default location for the program? Or how can I edit the file that define the location? You allready multi posted this, as admin I'd have thought you would have known how to crosspost "D.RR" <DRR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:979E11FE-4C19-44A9-B39B-0AFFC0CB66A0@microsoft.com... &...

Setting the first record in list box
Hi Folks, i am trying to set the first record in a list box (no multiselect) but the problem I have is that the list box items are created from a dynamic query that fisrt looks up the values. How do i tell the list box that to select the first record and to highlight this when the form is displayed? As always your help is appreciated. Regards, John Dumay John Dumay wrote: > i am trying to set the first record in a list box (no multiselect) but the > problem I have is that the list box items are created from a dynamic query > that fisrt looks up the values. How do i tell th...

Export comments to new column
Hi, I have an excel spreadsheet with over 2000 rows, the first column has some text and most of the cells have 'comments'. I need to export this comments to a new column. How can this be done without copy/pasting each one individually ? (The column is to the right of the one that has the text and comments). Thanks Alejandro Saved from a previous post: You can retrieve the text from a comment with a userdefined function like: Option Explicit Function GetComment(FCell As Range) As Variant Application.Volatile Set FCell = FCell(1) If FCell.Comment Is Nothin...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...