installing microsoft works 4.0 documents on MAC OS 10

Bought a new iMAC and cannot transfer microsoft works 4.0
for MAC onto new computer.  Have word processing,
spreasheet and database info to transfer.  Microsoft tells
me that 4.0 is obsolete and therefor they cannot help!
0
maziefdn (1)

On 7/19/04 10:49 AM, "Lowell Mazie" wrote:

> Bought a new iMAC and cannot transfer microsoft works 4.0
> for MAC onto new computer.  Have word processing,
> spreasheet and database info to transfer.  Microsoft tells
> me that 4.0 is obsolete and therefor they cannot help!

It looks like MacLink Plus from DataViz will convert Works files, on their
list of supported types.
http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/index.html

If you don't want to pay, though what I have heard is that it's worth the
money, presumably you still have the old computer?  You should be able to
save the documents in some type of format that will transfer, check all the
file type options in the Save As dialog.  RTF for Word documents, not sure
about the spreadsheet and database info.

DM

sp1 installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when installing sp1 it bogs down at " select volume where you want to install office 2008 sp1. It give 2 options neither of which are accepted, machdd and bootcamp. The installation does not proceed past this point. I'm seeing this too. But after a while it finally shows up and indicates the updater cannot be installed on this volume. I have 12.2.0 installed without any changes to the Office folder name, location or contents (one knowledge base item somewhere here indicates those could be the culprit). I've...

Adv Filter fails in macro, works manually
I created a form with comboboxes and textboxes so the user could select search criteria. The selections are written to the criteria range of a worksheet. Underneath the criteria range, on the same worksheet, is the extract range. Both ranges include column headers. The code does not give any run-time errors, but neither does it populate the extract range with any data. If I hardcode the criteria--i.e., bypass the form and enter the criteria directly on the spreadsheet--the extract range is populated with all the data, not just the ones with criteria entered. I thought perhaps...

Money 2004 and Windows 7, passwords no longer working
We had Money 2004 on Windows XP. All worked fine. We had two Money files, one used to download from our primary bank, and one used to download for a different bank. I upgraded my PC Windows 7 RC. I reinstalled Money 2004 and tried to open our 2 money files. In both cases it did not recognize our passwords. I am 100% certain we are using the correct passwords for each file This password problem starting occuring after I installed Windows 7. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Even if the advice is go to Quicken now. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Matt wrote: >We had Money 2004...

Minimum requirement for CRM 3.0 installation
Hi, What is the minimum requirement for CRM 3.0 installation? I've download the CRM 3.0 beta release, & trying to install the server. but it is fail. Thanks Hi. Alphonse. You can find this in the Implementation Guide which is part of the download. Regards J�rgen "Alphonse" <Alphonse@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D3479E7-FAE1-4E61-BC47-828429A95006@microsoft.com... > Hi, > What is the minimum requirement for CRM 3.0 installation? I've download > the > CRM 3.0 beta release, & trying to install the server. but it is fa...

OWA and recent XP install
With new install of Windows XP SP1a I am having difficulties saving password when trying to access Outlook Web Access on an Exchange 2000 server. There is a place to check save password, but when returning, it does not work. Also there isn't a place to enter a domain name, it is included in the username. Any I deas on how to resolve this Thank yo Dave This doesn't happen in Windows 2000 Pro with IE 6 ...

Even better, Microsoft will pay you 10.00 for Money 2006 Premium
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5896C.1375D5D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I love to save money! Now you can get Money 2006 premium for free and = have Microsoft give you 10 bucks! Here's how: 1.Costco is selling MS Money 2006 premium for 59.99 2.This includes a 40.00 rebate. Go to Costco.com, select rebates and = fill in the information. No need to send in receipt. 3. Follow this link to an additional Microsoft rebate of 30.00 dollars. = http://www.microsoft.com/products...

FRx 6.0.95 install error
Hello, Installing an additional FRx client for Great Plains 6.0. I'm installing from the Great Plains CD. After the install finishes, I get an error, "Files failed to self-register. c:\windows\system32\Cscmd32.ocx; c:\windows\system32\Cstext32.ocx;" Attempting to open FRx yields error 339, "Cstext32.ocx not registered." I loaded FRx service pack 7 to no avail. I tried manually registering the offending files but it failed. The workstation is Windows XP, service pack 2. Great Plains runs fine. Any ideas for what I should do next? Trevor, If I am not mis...

Format cell for number example 0.123
How do you format a cell so that you don't have to put the dot in everytime before typing a number like 0.123, I have hundres to enter and don't want to have to type that . everytime. DKR: This article describes, basically, the opposite of what you want, but does show the dialog box: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/data_is_entered_at_10_percent_its_value_in_microsoft_excel.htm You'll just check the box and use 3 decimal places. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DKR" <DKR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59DB4C87-97C0-4416-AB19-...

Update failing to install
I keep trying to install an update but it always fails. Here's the update: Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB976321) 1.4 MB A security vulnerability exists in the 2007 Microsoft Office System that cuold allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolved that vulnerability. Published: 5/10/2010 You may need to restart your computer after installing this update. The error code is 646 Close all Office applications prior to the next install attempt. Insert your Office 2007 into the appropriate dr...

Email accounts #10
I just got an Office 2003. I have set up my account to receive/send mail (mail client) from my mail server. I run MS XP Professional as my OS. It is a home computer (for the family) so there are different log-ins. I am set up as the administrator. In my access I was able to set-up Outlook for my email. When I log in my wife's account (on computer) and launched Outlook (email), it prompted me to put in the user name and initials (by default it was set up with her log-in). On that note should I put in my user name and initial since the software is licensd in my name or should I use...

Pivot Table Chart no longer works with Office:MAC 2008
I have recently upgraded to Office:MAC 2008 and my pivot table chart has stopped working. The pivot table is updated automatically from external data and the table itself is fine. The formerly working chart, however, has 2 problems: 1) The data range no longer automatically changes with the corresponding change in size of the pivot table. Each day an additional line of data is added, however, the range on the chart is static and has to manually be changed daily. I cannot seem to come up with a format that will work. Here is a typical range for a series: Name: 'Pivot Table'!$B$...

Microsoft Dynamics 9.0 with Integration Manager
I have a problem. Please Help. I have 2 source files - (Header + Detail text files) Doing an RM Transaction Integration If importing 10 transactions and 1 of them fail. Now i have to delete the RM batch and start over. This causes a problem for the auditors as missing transaction numbers are created. (RM does not roll back the next number used in Setup.) Is there a way that one can stop the integration if data in the source files are not valid GP Data in SQL? Like checking for CUSTOMER ID or GL ACCOUNT? >This causes a problem for the auditors as missing transaction numbers are created...

Linking Excel to a Word Document
I have created a rather extensive Excel program and I have also written a "Users' Manual" in Word to help people using the program. I have been working on trying to put a link in the Excel document to open up the Users' Manual when it is clicked. This works well, except the link must be re-created every time I put the program on a new computer. Is there any way to attached the word file to the Excel file in a way that this link will not break down when I put it on a new computer. One final note, the Word document is 50 some pages long so it is not possible to simpl...

my office 2004 for mac CD just got lost
my office 2004 for Mac CD just got lost, is there anyway I can get a recover one at all? pls advise, thanks!<br><br>Rick Yes. Call Microsoft. If you can prove you have paid for a licence, they will sell you a new disk for about 20 bucks. On 17/01/08 5:24 PM, in article ee88ef5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "phantom@officeformac.com" <phantom@officeformac.com> wrote: > my office 2004 for Mac CD just got lost, is there anyway I can get a recover > one at all? pls advise, thanks! > > Rick -- Don't wait for your answer, click here: http://www.word...

Working with Filters in code
I have a form that I use to input my data. I just added a cmbBox to the form and I want to you it to filter the database. So that when I select a value in the cmbBox I want the Record at the bottom of the form to show the number of data that as being filtered so that I can then go through them and make my edits. How do I do this? Thanks Me.Form.Filter = "[MY_FIELD] = '" & Me.cmbBox.Value & "'" Me.Form.FilterOn = True "Ayo" wrote: > I have a form that I use to input my data. I just added a cmbBox to the form > and I want to ...

MS SPLA Dynamics CRM Service Provider Edition 4.0 (QHH-00002)
OK, The Microsoft site indicates there are only three editions for CRM 4.0 with 90-day trial keys; however, our SPLA software provider has the media for the edition mentioned in the subject line. We've been told that the SPLA VLK edition of CRM 4.0 wouldn't ship till Feb. 1. We've also been told that the VLK is built into these particular binaries. Can someone clarify which edition a Service Provider needs to run in order to host CRM as a MS partner? I'm assuming this is the correct edition, however my only concern are the license keys. Thanks. -matt On Jan 23, 8:28 am,...

Microsoft newsgroup for Visual Studio 2008 test tools?
Is there a newsgroup for Visual Studio 2008 Test tools? On Feb 28, 1:22=A0pm, "Andy B." <a_bo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Is there a newsgroup for Visual Studio 2008 Test tools? I think you can use microsoft.public.vstudio.general for this purpose. ...

XY-Chart with 4 axes
I have: data point P1(x1, y1); uses the primary X-Axis & primary Y-Axis, and data point P2(x2, y2); uses the secondary X-Axis & secondary Y-Axis. Can someone please tell me how to join P1 and P2 by a straightline ?? I've tried couple of ideas with no success ! Thank you. In article <7365A2E8-BE5E-4217-8DEA-FD6912B5ACD1@microsoft.com>, monir@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have: data point P1(x1, y1); uses the primary X-Axis & primary Y-Axis, and > data point P2(x2, y2); uses the secondary X-Axis & secondary Y-Axis. > > Can someone please...

Frx Install Files
Supposedly FRx is one of the modules that I own. However, I cannot find the install files for it anywhere on the two Dynamics installation CDs that I have. I am running Dynamics 8.0. Can someone tell me where to find the install files for FRx? Hi Depending on what module you have brought, you should have been given a separate FRX CD. You would need to contact your Var to supply you the FRX CD. Regards James "Hutch" <Hutch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB0A6D94-B30F-4B89-A47B-994D6DEE5BBA@microsoft.com... > Supposedly FRx is one of the module...

groupe sur maternit� 01-28-10
je cherche des infos sur la maternit� d auxerre! quelqu'un a des infos ? ...

redrawindows don't work in embedded, what can i use?
Hi, i would like to know the alternative of RedrawWindow(NULL, NULL, RDW_INVALIDATE | RDW_UPDATENOW) for Embedded VC++. I try Updatewindows but that's not work. If someone can write me the code equivalence the that line please. There the part of the code : void CDrawingView:nMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { if(m_Pan && GetDC()->PtVisible(point)) { if(m_pDrawing->isOpen()) { double OnePixel; VIEW drwview; m_pDrawing->GetViewProperties(&drwview); OnePixel = 1/(drwview.PPU*drwview.ZoomLevel); drwview.ViewLeft = drwview.ViewLeft ...

Posting Purchase Orders to Quickbooks 6.0
I can't get RMS to post my closed PO's to QB!! I'll post the batch but I don't see the closed PO as an open bill in QB. Is there a trick I'm missing to set this up correctly? Should I be using a different account in the GL setup? thanks Hi Brian! Are you using QuickBooks Point of Sale? You may be able to find more assistance on the QuickBooks POS Forums. Good luck! http://www.quickbooksgroup.com/.eea20f3 -Amy Make sure you specify a payables account in the GL setup, and make sure it matches the account in QB. And then make sure the "Post closed purchase ...

MFC and the MAC
The MFC (VC++ 5.0 version) has a lot of stuff in it for building apps to run on the MAC. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Where can I get more info about what to do and how to do it? All help much appreciated. Simon Things have changed considerably since 5.0. There may be better tools and development platforms out there. AFAIK, the latest version of MFC does not support MAC. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Thanks Ajay Simon "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1112116733.780429.273750@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Thing...

Code 10 error
When i installed the kmdf driver for USB mass storage device,setupapi.dev.log file contains a warning : Device has problem: 0x0a: CM_PROB_FAILED_START. What is the reason behind this problem? you failed AddDevice or any of your power up callbacks (D0Entry, Preparehardware, etc) d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "PRANAV KANT GAUR" <PRANAVKANTGAUR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:874FEE97-D07C-40B8-BC49-631C9BB59647@microsoft.com... > When i installed the kmdf driver for USB mas...

Canadian Payroll version 10
I recently attended the MS Dynamics V10.0 Amp it Up! event. I was very disappointed to hear that there are no enhancements for Canadian Payroll in version 10. We have an active payroll practice and the product needs to be maintained an improved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...