Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage

Upon further reflection, I think that it's more appropriate to be
listed and answered within the Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.mac.office.
So I'm post a copy of it here.

Hope that's OK.
---------------------------------

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage
From: ...@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:20:57 -0700

Subject: Installation and location of MUD folder and database for
multiple user account setup?

 What is the best location to store the MUB folder when using a
 multiple user account structure with Office 2004, Entourage 2004,
and
 Mac OS 10.4?

I have setup a multiple user account structure with Administrator,
 Standard, and Guest accounts.

I am both the Admin and Standard user, but anticipate being in the
 Standard user account on a daily basis.
 I want to be able to access and work with the MUD file (the same
 Entourage database and Identity) whether I am in the Admin or
Standard
 account.
 I just want to maintain one MUD file for myself, not two different
 files.

I don't want the Guest User to be able to access that Ent identity at
 all.
 I will either prohibit the Guest from accessing any Ent identity or
 allow the Guest to access his own MUD folder in the User > Guest >
 Documents folder.

What's the best place to LOCATE the MUD file for both the Admin and
 Standard user to have access to one database file?

If I am using "Fast User Switching," will there be a problem in
having
 both the Admin user and Standard user working with the same Identity
 file at nearly the same time?
 Can there be simultaneous access..or will there be possible
confusion
 and corruption to the MUD file?
 Will the "switching" process sufficiently control and allow the
semi-
 simultaneous access?

Additional Background facts:
 I originally used the Admin User to install Office 2004 into the
 Applications folder.
 The installation installed a MUD folder in Users > Admin > Document
 folder.
 It didn't install a MUD folder in Users > Standard > Document
folder.

If I am in the Standard account and then open Entourage, will it
 create another (a second) MUD folder in Users > Admin > Document
 folder or will it use the MUD folder in Users > Admin > Document
 folder?
 I'm assuming it will creat a new MUD folder.

If it uses the  MUD folder in Users > Admin > Document folder, will
it
 always be having to ask for password permission from the Admin?

The Applications folder is a "shared" folder between all users.
 Would it be better to locate the MUD folder in the Applications
folder
 (say, inside of a folder named "Microsoft Office database storage"
and
 placed outside of the "Office 2004" folder) and then place an alias
 that one MUD folder inside both the Admin's and Standard's own
 Documents folder?

Also, the Shared folder  is a "shared" folder between all users.
Would
 it be better to locate the MUD folder in the Shared folder, than the
 Applications folder?

Would it be better to leave the original MUD folder in User > Admin >
 Documents and only have one alias to it from the User > Standard >
 Documents folder?

I'm assuming that, by using the Parental Controls, the Guest User
 could be disallowed permission to access the MUD folder, even if it
is
 located inside the Applications or Shared folders.

Does anyone have experience with using the same MUD file with
multiple
 users on one computer?
 On two computers?

On 10/1/07 3:24 PM, in article
1191277490.320316.104170@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com,
"computer1234@comcast.net" <computer1234@comcast.net> wrote:

> Installation and location of MUD folder and database for multiple user
> account setup?

Please see replies in the Entourage newsgroup.
--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Circularly linking multiple records
Hello, I have two tables I wish to link together. The first table contains records for multiple devices, i.e., two clocks, five radios. I need it to contain a column linking to all the issues (RMAs) associated with the device. The second table contains the RMA number, with all the devices associated with the RMA, i.e., one customer could send back one clock and two radios under one RMA record. I'm having a hard time visualizing how I can make the first table point to multiple records in the second table, and the second table point to multiple records in the first t...

When creating an account it does not appear
Hello I have an Vista home premium version sp2 . I just restored everything back to factory setting and just now done all the updates . I am tryiny to set up email accounts under Window Mail . My problem is after I have entfhe accountor ter all the data to be active I don't get a email folder for this account , nothing show up but yet all the server / data info is correct it just doesn't appear in Windows Mail program , how can I correct this ? Thanks "gladd8tor" <gladd8tor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB49C30A-FDCD-4587-A7BD-7...

Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2007 Inbox sub-folders disappear...
I have several users that create sub-folders under their inbox on the Exchange 2007 server. The users are running Outlook 2007. Sporadically the sub-folders will disappear. We have been unable to retrieve them in any way. We have opened a ticket with Microsoft and after two days of troubleshooting we were told that it must have been "user error". The problem continues to occur and I have seen other posts explaining the same situation. Any ideas? You can use a tool like the MAPI Editor Tool to see if the folders are still in the mailbox. They may still exist but hidden...

Making a tick box in filemaker pro database?
Dear group. I am currently creating a database to contain contact details for all my employers company friends and colleagues. I need to create check/tick boxes for certain categories. Can anyone advise me on how I may do this. I am hoping that it is a pretty simple thing, but I cannot seem to find any solutions within the help files. Can anyone advise? Would appreciate some assistance. ...

Data from multiple cells into one string.
I have data from about seven cells that I need to have combined into one string when I use data automation from excel to word, is this possible? Hi Adam not sure what you mean by "data automation from excel to word" but in excel you can concatenate the contents of a number of cells, e.g. if A1 has Mr B1 has John C1 has Smith =A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1 will give you Mr John Smith so could you combine the 7 cells into one in excel and use that in your link with word? hope this helps Cheers JulieD will give the cont "Adam" <Adam@d...

My IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access the...

Value Pak Installer

Installation #4

Create Folder
Is there an API to create a folder with sub-folders? ie create a folder and all sub-folders which don't exist c:\sub1\sub2\sub3. Thanks Hi, Not sure there is a function to create a folder and its subfolders by one call. BUt still you can achieve it using CreateDirectory or CreateDirectoryEx APIs. -- ====== Arman "mike" wrote: > Is there an API to create a folder with sub-folders? > ie create a folder and all sub-folders which don't exist > c:\sub1\sub2\sub3. > > Thanks > > > Take a look at the following API's SHCreateDir...

Installer for my access application

Headquarters client error " Local and HQ databases are not synchro
Message Headquarters client error “Local and HQ databases are not synchronized – Some worksheets will not be processed Please kindly recommend I have an existing database in SO, HQ will not overwrite data. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01CAF8F0.F7F330B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Phusit, Has this ever worked? Have you run a 101 worksheet? --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3...

Locate existing record-update it on the form
I placed a command button on a form and want to use it to search for an existing record and then populate the form with that record so I can update/add to it. The form's record source is a table (tblRFPTracking). I'm having a mental block on how to accomplish this and appreciate any help. Linda Here's one approach... Add a combobox (unbound) to the form (I stick mine in the header). Have that combobox list the records available for editing. I usually only include the bare minimum necessary to distinguish one record from another. Use a query to "feed" t...

Use of the VERSION field in database
I noticed that there is a field called VERSION in many of the tables. I am assuming that it is the means for tracking the number of times the record has either been touched or viewed. Can someone please clarify this? TIA John On May 28, 10:29 am, "John Cosmas" <johncos...@charter.net> wrote: > I noticed that there is a field called VERSION in many of the tables. I am > assuming that it is the means for tracking the number of times the record > has either been touched or viewed. Can someone please clarify this? > > TIA > John I would guess that vers...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

Can I check out multiple files at one time in SharePoint?
-- Thanks for the help. Not with the standard UI. Perhaps with some custom coding you could make it possible. "hvharr" wrote: > Thanks for the help. You can try SPBulkActions which allows, among other things, bulk check- out: http://www.spelements.com/spbulkactions/ On Nov 30, 3:49=A0pm, hvharr <hvh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > -- > Thanks for the help. On the other hand, you can have more than one item checked out to you at any given time. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. &quo...

Public Folder Replication Errors
Hi All I've a strange public folder problem. Were on an Exchange 2000 / Windows 2000 AD platform, each site/country has their own exchange enviornment. Any shared public folders have replicas on all exchange servers. The problem is that we have a shared public folder hosted on an exchange server on a different site. We seem to be reciving all inbound replication changes to the public folder. When we post any changes to the public folder, outbound replication does not seem to take place and the changes posts do not appear. I can see inbound events but not outbound. Logging has been s...

database related problem
I am trying to post this message to the database session, but there seems to be a problem for the past few days posting to it. Here is my question: I have a CRecordset class (call it CMyProblem), which I'm using to update an Access table. I am using MoveFirst() to set the pointer to record 1 and am iterating through the table with MoveNext(). Everytime before moving to the next record, I update a text field. After about the third record, I got a 'Multiple rows were updated' message, which I corrected by changing CMyProblem from snapshot to dynaset. I am using the open() member fun...

CRM SBS install error