Insert Object doesn't show installed types

I reinstalled Office X and then installed the updates:
- Office X 10.1.2 Update
- Office X 10.1.4 Update
- Office X 10.1.5 Update
in sequence checking after each update (using Word) to see
if I could insert an equation from "Equation Editor" after
the initial install and each update (except 10.1.4) I
couldn't insert an equation. While Equaiton Editor no
longer crashes (my last message "Equation Editor 10.0.0
crashes upon launch") I still can't use Equation Editor the
way it is supposed to work.
I can:
- launch Equation Editor by finding it in the folder
Applications:Microsoft Office X:Office: and double-clicking
on it
- copy an equation from Equation Editor and paste the
equation in either Word or PowerPoint
- double-click on the equation and have it appear in
Equation Editor ready to be changed

I just can't use "Insert -> Object..." to create an
equation. The only Object I can insert in a "Microsoft
Excel Chart"

What's broken now?

Hi Joe,

Try using Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
Thanks.

About Microsoft MVPs:
http://www.mvps.org/

Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
<http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>

----------
In article <020001c37a6f$f9d266a0$3101280a@phx.gbl>, "Joe"
<joe-nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I reinstalled Office X and then installed the updates:
> - Office X 10.1.2 Update
> - Office X 10.1.4 Update
> - Office X 10.1.5 Update
> in sequence checking after each update (using Word) to see
> if I could insert an equation from "Equation Editor" after
> the initial install and each update (except 10.1.4) I
> couldn't insert an equation. While Equaiton Editor no
> longer crashes (my last message "Equation Editor 10.0.0
> crashes upon launch") I still can't use Equation Editor the
> way it is supposed to work.
> I can:
> - launch Equation Editor by finding it in the folder
> Applications:Microsoft Office X:Office: and double-clicking
> on it
> - copy an equation from Equation Editor and paste the
> equation in either Word or PowerPoint
> - double-click on the equation and have it appear in
> Equation Editor ready to be changed
>
> I just can't use "Insert -> Object..." to create an
> equation. The only Object I can insert in a "Microsoft
> Excel Chart"
>
> What's broken now?
0
goldkey741 (69)
9/14/2003 12:46:24 PM
Did the repair permissions...made no difference.

Word & PowerPoint still don't recognize the existence of
Equation Editor or any object other than an Excel Chart.

So I tried this...

I deleted "~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Carbon
Registration Database" (because it has cleared up other
problems in the past). For the next launch of Word or
Powerpoint, the Insert -> Object shows all the possible
objects but quit Word or Powerpoint and relaunch either and
the object list is completely empty! Opening an existing
document containg an equation and double-clicking on the
equation results in the dialog box:

  Word cannot edit the Equation 3.

Delete the C.R.D. and the object list reappears. As does
the ability to edit an equation.

Do I have to resort to deleting the C.R.D. each time I
launch any of the Office X products just so they'll work
the way they are supposed to?

Hi

I usually go ballistic and delete all of the Microsoft plist files and the
entire Microsoft folder when I want to make sure I got rid of the
preferences. All office applications have to be closed when you do this, and
you have to empty the trash before you open any office application.

I also go to the Login panel and remove any Microsoft daemons there, and
when I am in stubborn mood then I reboot before trying to start any office
apps.

Of course doing these things gets rid of my customizations.

In article <066301c37ace$82326be0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Joe"
<joe-nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Did the repair permissions...made no difference.
>
> Word & PowerPoint still don't recognize the existence of
> Equation Editor or any object other than an Excel Chart.
>
> So I tried this...
>
> I deleted "~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Carbon
> Registration Database" (because it has cleared up other
> problems in the past). For the next launch of Word or
> Powerpoint, the Insert -> Object shows all the possible
> objects but quit Word or Powerpoint and relaunch either and
> the object list is completely empty! Opening an existing
> document containg an equation and double-clicking on the
> equation results in the dialog box:
>
>   Word cannot edit the Equation 3.
>
> Delete the C.R.D. and the object list reappears. As does
> the ability to edit an equation.
>
> Do I have to resort to deleting the C.R.D. each time I
> launch any of the Office X products just so they'll work
> the way they are supposed to?

0
goldkey741 (69)
9/16/2003 1:06:48 AM
I deleted all the Mictosoft "settings files".
It made no difference!!

There are no Microsoft products in the Login panel.

What now?

In article <#upt#6#eDHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
 "Jim Gordon" <goldkey74@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Of course doing these things gets rid of my customizations.

That's why I do *all* my customizations via VBA in add-ins called by
the Personal Macro Workbook. They set all my preferences, toolbars,
menus, VBA windows, etc. They also provide event handlers for
removing automatic hyperlinks, and setting window size and zoom when
a workbook opens.

Makes deleting the prefs files painless.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/17/2003 3:01:59 PM
In article
<jemcgimpsey-A93BC8.09015917092003@msnews.microsoft.com>,
 "J.E. McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

> That's why I do *all* my customizations via VBA in add-ins called by
> the Personal Macro Workbook. They set all my preferences, toolbars,
> menus, VBA windows, etc. They also provide event handlers for
> removing automatic hyperlinks, and setting window size and zoom when
> a workbook opens.
>
> Makes deleting the prefs files painless.

Should have mentioned that I do the same thing for Word with global
templates.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

how to install DEMO
Using the link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en how to get the demo to install? Installation just hangs. Thanks PS. I have Virtual PC Works for us numerous times. Try download again or check machine spcification - it does take quite a bit - highly recommend to have a lot of RAM. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "David Sherman" wrote: > Using the link: > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4e...

Unable to Install Outlook'07/Unable 2 Uninstall Completely Outlook
I upgraded to Professional 2007 from 2003. Everything worked except for Outlook 2007. I am unable to access any Outlook version, I tried to uninstall Outlook 2003 but it won't completely uninstall and Outlook 2007 won't install over 2003. "The update package could not be opened..." is the message I receive when I click on Outlook 2003 shortcut, but yet in the control panel, Microsoft Standard Edition 2003 shows up but I cannot uninstall or delete. How can I get Outlook 2007 to be installed. Thank you. Shotsy;110965 Wrote: > I upgraded to Professional...

Showing a date field as a number
Hi. I was wondering if there was any way that I could have a column showing the date and time (20/12/2007 06:00:00) and another column show the date and time as a number, (29548). This would be done in a select query, but I am not sure how? Is it possible? Regards AJ AJ, Use format... mm/dd/yy hh:nn:ss for 20/12/2007 06:00:00 Use format... #.0000 (with Decimal Places = to suit your needs) for 39436.2500 Use format... # (with Decimal Places = 0) for 39436 -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccs...

Insert trigger

installing network service dll (vmnetbridge.dll) fails to copy into system32
Trying to install a network service vmnetbridge.dll fails with err msg. "An error occured while copying file vmnetbridge.dll. Cannot copy file to destination directory. c:\windows User is in local admin group. UAC is set to OFF. Driver is digitally signed by Vmware, inc. Please advice how to rectify. QA4Ever ...

inserting hrs and minutes

REPOST: MAD Monitoring Error after Installing SP1
Installed SP1 on both FE and single BE servers. The BE server is now reporting a MAD Monitoring error and is shown in "Maintenance Mode". The error is: MAD Monitoring is unable to read its configuration from the DS. Error 0x8000ffff. Ran DCdiag and all tests passed. The server has connectivity. Any thoughts? Kathy Leonard "K. Leonard" <leonard_kathy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<emiNfR#REHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>... > Installed SP1 on both FE and single BE servers. The BE server is now > reporting a MAD Monitoring error and is shown in &qu...

Control Object
I have several control objects on a worksheet linke to cells. When i protect the worksheet i cant use the objects (comobo box, text box). Can this be done? Maybe move the links to another worksheet (and even hide that one). Or just unprotect those cells. (maybe you can dedicate a column for these links and then hide the column. That usually stops most people from selecting them.) Larry wrote: > > I have several control objects on a worksheet linke to > cells. When i protect the worksheet i cant use the objects > (comobo box, text box). Can this be done? -- Dave Peterson ...

Installing Office 2003 is a mess
I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine. When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, I was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said yes, thinking that it was a free update for Vista. Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first one: 1. When I open a Word file by double-clicking in Explorer, the file opens under Office 2007 and asks if I want to install it, which I do not. I solved this problem by first opening Word 2003 with the icon on the desktop and now ...

Microsoft Office Spreadsheet 10 ActiveX Object: Question?
I am using this object on an Acccess form and can populate it with some spreadsheet data. On the form I can edit the data but it does not save back to the spreadsheet. Is there a way of saving changes made via the object back to the original spreadsheet... I assume there must be otherwise what is the point of the data a being editable!! Grateful any advice. MAny thanks Steve T. ...

Restored Information Store, mailboxes show up, but cant access the
I had a crash on my Win2k SP4 Server running Exch2k SP3. I rebuilt the server fine, Exch2k installed ok. The NT BACKUP restoration process hasnt been nearly as fun and exciting though... After messing with it and getting the backed up databases to actually restore, I can see that all the mailboxes are in the 'First Storage Group' (default, and all naming is the same as the old server) and seems to be intact in regards to the sizes and item counts. Problem is, when I try to access them in Outlook, I dont see anything and another instance of the mailbox appears in the First Storage Grou...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Group Policy Software Installation
Hi, I was check if anyone was successful in installing Sales for Outlook using group policy. I tried to use the msi and a zap file. No luck with either of them. Is this feature supported or will be? Thanks, Gaurav Dalal Also tried and failed misserably, but think it was the msde that gave me the nightmares "Gaurav Dalal" <GauravDalal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1D26975-5119-46E1-9107-83D8E3863AEA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I was check if anyone was successful in installing Sales for Outlook using > group policy. I tried to use the msi and ...

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Installing Dynamics GP 9 on Windows XP + SQL Server 2005 Standard
Hi, I installed Dynamics GP 9.0 on Windows XP with SQL Server 2005 Standard without problems during installation. But, when I open GP Utilities the "Server" field is blank and the combo box listing there are no servers to choose from. Or, in the other words, GP Utilities doesn´t show any server. Or again, seems that GP Utilities doesn´t care about the database... And I can´t go ahead. I´d be very glad for any help. Thanks. Marcos, You need to create an ODBC data source so that Utilities knows what server to point to - take a look at page 29 of the GP 9...

change contacts folder "show names by"
I want to change the "show names by" option to "file as" for a public contact folder, just like I can for a local folder. I think it resides on the exchange server??? But do not know where to change it for a public folder - this is so it shows uo in local outlook addresss books by the "file as" option. Help! Thanks, Sam <samearle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140533160.657711.304900@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I want to change the "show names by" option to "file as" for a public > contact folder, just like I can ...

Insert dataset to another database