Inputting address on entourage

I'm wanting to input my contacts onto the address book in entourage.  My
question/ problem is I'm not sure if a couple should be entered as two
separate contacts or together, and if together, do I enter both first names
in the first name line or enter one in the spouse line.  I have two goals
ultimately.  I would like to be able to print up mailing labels and have
them read: John and Susie Smith for example but also be able to list both
John and Susie's cell phone numbers and email addresses separately.  In
addition, it is my understanding that I can sync my iphone with my address
book in entourage so I want to make sure that I can pull up the telephone
and email info. for each individual contact and I'm concerned I will not be
able to do this if they are listed as the same contact.  Please help!

0
alibarnes (1)

On 12/6/07 1:58 PM, in article C37DBE82.1F0%alibarnes@cox.net, "Ali Barnes"
<alibarnes@cox.net> wrote:

> I'm wanting to input my contacts onto the address book in entourage.  My
> question/ problem is I'm not sure if a couple should be entered as two
> separate contacts or together, and if together, do I enter both first names
> in the first name line or enter one in the spouse line.  I have two goals
> ultimately.  I would like to be able to print up mailing labels and have
> them read: John and Susie Smith for example but also be able to list both
> John and Susie's cell phone numbers and email addresses separately.  In
> addition, it is my understanding that I can sync my iphone with my address
> book in entourage so I want to make sure that I can pull up the telephone
> and email info. for each individual contact and I'm concerned I will not be
> able to do this if they are listed as the same contact.  Please help!

I would enter each individually then I would add a third contact with them
entered as both. You might assign a group for all of these dual contact
addresses. You could also use a category like "Holiday list" to the contacts
you want to use for your mailing labels.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
12/7/2007 3:10:11 AM
..>> I'm wanting to input my contacts onto the address book in entourage.  My
>> question/ problem is I'm not sure if a couple should be entered as two
>> separate contacts or together, and if together, do I enter both first names
>> in the first name line or enter one in the spouse line.  I have two goals
>> ultimately.  I would like to be able to print up mailing labels and have
>> them read: John and Susie Smith for example but also be able to list both
>> John and Susie's cell phone numbers and email addresses separately.  In
>> addition, it is my understanding that I can sync my iphone with my address
>> book in entourage so I want to make sure that I can pull up the telephone
>> and email info. for each individual contact and I'm concerned I will not be
>> able to do this if they are listed as the same contact.  Please help!
>
> I would enter each individually then I would add a third contact with them
> entered as both. You might assign a group for all of these dual contact
> addresses. You could also use a category like "Holiday list" to the contacts
> you want to use for your mailing labels.

This is an issue that has caused me some degree of consternation, as well.
There is real value in maintaining separate contacts (both in Entourage and
Address Book, if you sync them) for people that you likely email to
regularly. That makes the auto-fill much more useful. When you need to print
addresses you either have to manually edit one of the contacts or maintain a
separate "coupled" entry

0
David4832 (2)

Failed Email Addresses Removed.
Hi all. I have a slightly iffy Email connection at the moment, when a mail fails the recipient's email address is removed from the auto complete list. Is there are a way to change this so a failed address is not removed? Thanks. ...

How do I set up Outlook for another email address? #2
I have tried to set it up for my bellsouth e-mail to go to Outlook and need help to figure it out. How can I access the wizard to walk me through this. It should have come up when I tried to set everything up. Control Panel->Mail Icon->Accounts->Add. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Travis White asked: | I have tried to set it up for my bellsouth e-mail to go to Outlook | and need help to figure it...

Cell Address in a pivot table
I have a pivot table which gets updated every day. Last row in the pivot table is 'Grand Total' and the number of rows in the pivot table varies every day. I have another function which needs the count of number of rows in the pivot table. Since the starting cell remains the same, I am counting the number of rows in the pivot table = Row Number of 'Grand Total' - Starting Cell value. Now my question is .. how do I get the Row Number of cell 'Grand Total'? Thank you for your time. Regards, Reddy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted ...

Invalid address filtering
We have a number of former employees who signed up for many different news letters and email updates. The problem we have no is that there are a number of emails to former employees that could just be deleted. Is there a way to setup exchange to check all incoming email to find the invalid addresses and return them or delete them? We are using Exchange 2003 with SBS 2003. Our email comes in through a POP3 connector (we will be hosting our own email in 3 weeks) and is then delivered to each user. Each user has a POP3 account and it's not coming into one large mailbox. Any furth...

Address Book #74
I am using Outlook 2003 Could you tell me how I can use my CONTACTS list as a Contacts in the Address Book. What are the steps I need to do to accomplish this. Thanks in advance for your support. HankL If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is the box to enable as email address book is checked? If this is grayed out... Go to Tools | Email Accounts, cho...

Can't find emails & address book :-(
My old pc finally broke down on me this morning, so I have bought a new pc and have my had my old hard drive installed into the new pc. All my documents are OK, but when I logged into Outlook Express to check my emails, I have no emails and no address book. I have tried to use the Import function in Outlook, but can't find where my emails and address book are on the E drive. Can anyone help by suggesting where they might be located (sorry, I'm not very technical-minded when it comes to computers!!). Thanks! You might want to pose your question to the Outlook Ex...

"unable to opne your default e mail address"
I am gettting message saying "unable to open your default e mail address" whenever I try to open out look. How to get rid of this? Might try going thru the Mail applet in the control panel to remove/add/edit your e-mail account settings. "Soumitra" <Soumitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB10E0BA-0557-4527-87FD-4CE7CA267739@microsoft.com... I am gettting message saying "unable to open your default e mail address" whenever I try to open out look. How to get rid of this? "Soumitra" <Soumitra@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Changing someone's email address in Exchange 2000
Hello, We have a user who wants her email addy changed. I've actually deleted her old account in AD & set her up a new one. When I put the new email address in her AD account, the new mailbox isn't made. What else do I need to do to get this set up? I'd also like to forward all of her old emails to this new mailbox. Thanks for any help that you can offer. Jake Help: Go to Email addresses, click add. Type is SMTP. Type email addy. Click set as default. Job done. Your way: Delete Windows account, therefore its profile, SID, group membership, access to networ...

find a Email address
I have an email address which has been assigned to someone but I do not know who, I know there is a tool for searching the directory to find who the email address has been asigned to, does anyone know how to use it, to find and email address. I think it's called lpd.exe wayne csvde.exe might work better for this...but if you compose a new email, type in this address, then execute a "control K", the address should resolve to the name of the mailbox that contains it... "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u4ZtvzN%23EHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl.....

enabling address books
Outlook 2007 Trying to get my contacts to show up in the Address Book (when I press CTRL-N and select 'Address Book'). Here is what I have. 3 folders (uncertain of the lingo) - Personal Folders, Husband's, Wife's. When I go to Properties for each folder's Contacts folder and select the 'Outlook Address Book' tab, the 'Show this folder as an email address book' checked but grayed out in all three folders. (On one occasion I did find the checkbox for my wife's contacts ungrayed out (is that a phrase?) but don't know why. Even on the occasion w...

how to address controls at runtime?
How can I address controls at runtime placed on a usercontrol at design time? I want to write a general scrolling usercontrol which consists of a vertical and a horizontal scrollbar only and is able to move up/down or left/right all the other controls placed on it at design time. The simplest way to move them would be to address them directly and to change their top/left properties. A more elegant way might be to have a panel object where the external controls are placed on it, and then I only have to move the panel object to move all other controls, but that ends up in th...

Reverting to Entourage 2004 from Entourage 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I should like to revert to using Office 2004 instead of Office 2008 which I find slow and complicated. Both programmes are installed on my computer. To remove Office 2008 I need to move from Entourage 2008 to Entourage 2004. How do I do that please? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342438269_1163206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-enco...

outlook address book in excel
Hello, i am using MS Office 2000 std. I have 1 PST and one personal address book configured in outlook. now i want all the email adresses to apear in MS Excel when i click email button on excel worksheet. I know it's possible, because i can do it in another pc but not in my own pc. so please tell me how do i configure it? please explain the steps. Thanks zia Hi Zia Excel use the mail program that is on the programs tab in the Internet options dialog (on the Control panel.) You can use the address book then by clicking on the Book image before "To" if you use the E-mail ...

receiving email not addressed to me
I know that a senders email address can be forged. But I don't understand how our Exchange 5.5 server can accept and route email that does not apear to be addressed to me. I checked the header and the "to" field and neither have my address in it, and yet I received the email. The "to" address isn't even our domain. Is there a way to hide the actual "to" address without it showing up in the header? Here is the header I'm referring to, our domain is kyzen.com - my only thoughts are that I was blind copied on it, but if that's the case since I...

e-mail addresses
While entering the membership information in my excel page, I entered the person's e-mail address, sometimes it goes in the same color as the rest of the document and other times it goes in BLUE. I would just like it to be all the same color and not in blue. What can I do to change this from occurring? Many thanks Donna "Donna" <djs@cogeco.ca> wrote: >While entering the membership information in my excel page, I entered the >person's e-mail address, sometimes it goes in the same color as the rest of >the document and other times it goes in BLUE. I wo...

same mailbox in different address book views
Hi I got a organization with 50 diff location on a exchange 5.5. each location has its own container in address book view (custom attribue). If I have users that works in more than one location how do I make thoose people appear in address book view for alll the locations they work in? [Edit] It should be like if you could add more than 1 custom attribute for every custom attribute field. [/Edit] ...

E-Mail Addresses to New Computer..?
Hi.., how does one transfer e-mail addresses from one laptop computer to a new laptop. I'm using Outlook Express on both..!! Thanks..!! Mike Harding, you wrote on Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:08:08 GMT: > Hi.., how does one transfer e-mail addresses from one laptop computer to a > new laptop. I'm using Outlook Express on both..!! Thanks..!! Search for a *.wab (it's your addressbook) file on the old computer. Copy it on your new one and import the addressbook: File | Import | Addressbook -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net Mike Harding <rest...

Vital web address in registry key
In the knowledgebase article 891317 (Troubleshooting steps for errors on debit card transactions in Retail Management System 1.2, Store Operations) https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KbDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYKKQRRUZVRPSSXNSNWPPRZQKKZSPOLMON It says that the web address in the Vital registry key should be "ssl.pgs.wcom.net." but ours says "ssl.pgs.wcom.net/scripts/gateway.dll?Transact" after a fresh install and the hotfix. Does anyone know which is correct? We've JUST started using RMS, and I'm nervous about changing anything until I am pretty sure it...

Exchange 2003: Using Delivery Options to forward email to outside address
I sucessfully forwarded mailbox messages to outside addresses using the Delivery Options and set the Contacts (formerly known as Custom Recipients) as "Hide from Exchange Address lists". They don't show up in the group lists, but they still appear in the GAL. Is there another setting that I'm missing? Nprmally all you have to do it is what you did. I think your problem could be a sync problem of your address list. Are you using cache mode on Outlook 2003? if so, remove it and open outlook again and check for the user on the GAL. If does not fix it, try to update the re...

Can't get Internet "Address" for web access
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000, and updated. All installs work except I can't view internet explorer 'Address" section to connect to the internet via Outlook 2003. How do I find this? Thanks, RES RES <RES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000, and updated. All > installs work except I can't view internet explorer 'Address" section > to connect to the internet via Outlook 2003. I don't see how the Internet Explorer address field has anything to do with Outlook. Can you explain in de...

Sending mail from Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Entourage has been working fine with Yahoo until recently but now I can't send mail, it gets held in the outbox. Messages are received without problems. <br> Does any one have any thoughts what might have changed? <br> Many thanks... > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3358603231_3356878 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-...

Addressing
If I had a new user in AD on our Windows 2003 server, and give them an email address with Exchange 2003 - they do not show up in the Global Address List. However, they are in All Users? Any ideas why? Are they not showing up in the GLobal Address List on a client machine ? Do they show up if users select an address list rather than the GAL ? If it is not appearing in the client what client are you using ? If it is Outlook 2003 then if you used cached mode on Outlook 2003 it uses an offline address book (rather than communicating with AD to get the GAL) which is rebuilt by Exchange once a ...

Why do addresses have apostrophes when replying?
When I send messages, the addressees sometimes get single apostrophes around their names, like 'John Doe' instead of the more normal John Doe. This throws off my searches when I sort the messages according to "To" field. I want to get rid of the apostrophes in all names so when I sort by "To" field, the secondary sort is by date. I am brand new to Outlook 2003 and don't recall this feature in Outlook 2000, but I think it was there originally and I removed it...I just don't remember how and couldn't find any darn FAQs to help me. ...

transferring outlook address book to another pc
hi, have win98 and wish to transfer my address book details from outlook express to another pc. i have tried highlighting the list to copy it, but it won't copy. can anyone please tell me how best to do this or where i might find the information. many thanks. john west This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsg...