in 10.6 SL, Word lists all fonts, even disabled fonts

Just preformed a clean install of 10.6 Snow Leopard, and now that I've
installed office it takes forever to start.  I suspect that this has
something to do with my fonts, as though I've disabled nearly all of them in
FontBook, Word insists on listing every single one.  Why is Word ignoring my
disabled fonts and how can I fix this?
0
SAM4137 (239)

On 9/12/09 2:11 PM, in article
6FB1B852-BFC9-4602-AE16-92CBCFF7B109@microsoft.com, "Sam"
<Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Just preformed a clean install of 10.6 Snow Leopard, and now that I've
> installed office it takes forever to start.  I suspect that this has
> something to do with my fonts, as though I've disabled nearly all of them in
> FontBook, Word insists on listing every single one.  Why is Word ignoring my
> disabled fonts and how can I fix this?

I would recommend that you delete the extra fonts instead of disable. Use
the font book to show the duplicates. Then in a Finder window, go to the
/Library/Fonts/Microsoft folder and delete the dupes there. The new ones
installed by Snow Leopard are newer versions.

I would also recommend that you delete font caches. There are a couple of
applications out now that are Snow Leopard ready to help deleting caches.

Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner

<http://www.northernsoftworks.com/snowleopardcachecleaner.html>

Font Finagler
<http://homepage.mac.com/mdouma46/fontfinagler/>

For good measure, reboot using Safe Boot. Hold down the Shift key when
booting up. This will flush some caches and do some extra cleanup. After it
completes, reboot again normally.

If the fonts still show up, then it's a .plist file that's corrupted. Not
sure which one to recommend deleting.

--
Diane

LDAP Error 150 04-22-10
Hello, We are experiencing an issue with our users using Entourage 2008 on Mac OS X 10.6 clients. The server is a recent Exchange migration and is running the latest Kerio Connect version. All client computers have been upgraded to the latest version of Office as well. What happens is every couple hours users are getting an error message that pops up and says an unknown error has occurred and lists LDAP error 150. They can hit ok and continue, but it's very annoying. I've googled the error message to no end, but haven't come up with anything solid. I've tried disablin...

Show contact list in view
I have Outlook 2002. When I set it up, I x'ed out the contact list on the left hand side below the inbox and folder view. Now I want to show it again. I have searched everywhere in the help section, but how do I show the contact list pane again? Thanks, Robin In news:el9mo1pp7tssj3r3t6sgpmq43i14859dr6@4ax.com, Robin <me5@privacy.net> typed: > I have Outlook 2002. When I set it up, I x'ed out the contact list on > the left hand side below the inbox and folder view. Now I want to > show it again. I have searched everywhere in the help section, but > how do I s...

how do you change font size in message box
i would like to change the font size of a message box generated in an excel macro Look about half way down through this article. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html thanks for the speedy reply but thats a combo box am using msgbox to display results at the end of the macro run and wondered if i can increase the font size MsgBox ("Stats Updated" & Chr(13) & ordersok & Chr(13) & inhandok & Chr(13) & percompok) "DNA" wrote: > Look about half way down through this article. > > http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html > ...

Change Inline Reply Font -- Outlook 2007
Hello: Everything in my Outlook uses html. I have my reply to settings to indent and say "I said" at the start of the indent. I would like to change the font and format of my inline responses. I can't find this setting anywhere. I thought maybe it was a Word Style but everything shows up as Normal. Where can I find this setting? Thanks. MS Poster <spamaway@nospam.com> wrote: > Everything in my Outlook uses html. I have my reply to settings to > indent and say "I said" at the start of the indent. I would like to > change the font and format of my...

Problems after System Restore 01-10-10
I don't see my original post, so here it is again. After a system restore (saving data), PC is still not functioning properly, slow and whirring noise from hard drive when not using the PC. It is a HP with Windows Media 2005. When exploring system tools I noticed that all the start up programs (95 pages) have duplicates. Is this normal? Also, PC is still running slow. Here is an example of what the start up programs show: $ncsp$ $ncsp$.inf NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Startup $ncsp$ $ncsp$.inf .DEFAULT Startup $winnt$ $winnt$.inf NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Startup $winnt$ $winnt$.inf .DEFAULT...

template for word 2003 business cards with photo
Is there an automatic download for a business card template with photo for Word 2003. I located one which I had to download manually but had problems with that. Take a look at this article http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kerry47" <kerry47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44AE8DFC-223A-4BA4-955A-51DD2CC06ED8@microsoft.com... > Is there an automatic download for a business card template with photo for > Word 2003. I located one which I had to download manually but had problems > wi...

disappearing e-mail 04-21-10
This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some email just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am. What next? "Trish1856" <pmf1856@cox.net> wrote in message news:C8EFF7C5-B8C5-4F52-8D9F-070299902F6C@microsoft.com... > This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some > email > just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other > threads that say make...

Closing Balance figure to be carried as Opening Balance in a new record 02-14-10
I am working on a database for Accounts in which I need to carry the closing balance of one record as the opening balance of the next record. both the fields are "Number" type. Like MCCB in record No.x or y or z should be carried to the next new record as the opening balance fieldname MCOB. This carrying of CB as OB should take effect while working continuously, or after a closing the form and reloading after a one or two or when opened the next day or next working day. I want a solution to this problem of mine. Please help me -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com...

Disabling password in Excel 2000
Using Excel 2000 and after activating a macro in another open file, I cannot change any cells in another open file I am working in without putting in a password to unprotect the worksheet. However, I never setup a password and I do not know what the password is. I never even setup a password. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hi Paul! See: JE McGimpsey http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html On the right hand side of the page you'll see a link that allows the download og AllInternalPasswords.xls. Download that and have it open at the same time as the probl...

Expression 05-12-10
My first table with expressions worked after I messed with the relationship of the tables I had such a mess that I started over. Now the expressions aren't working. Pro Rate Table Auto Num Unit MonthlyRent DailyRent [MonthlyRent]/30 StartDate EndDate NumDays [EndDate]-[StartDate] Amt [MumDays]*[DailyRent] Originally I had Monthlyrent getting data from another field =adj rent ..... StartDate got data =LeaseStart+30 all the data is in the same table and the same form any ideas... =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= wrote: > > My first table with expressions wor...

How do I highlight a word or sentence within Excel?
Is there a way to highlight certain words or sentences within Excel. I don't want to hightlight the entire cell 9I know how to do that, I just want to hightlight certain text. Thank you. You can select the words (or characters) in the formula bar, then use Format|cells to change some formatting. This won't work if the cell contains a formula or contains real numbers. It has to be text. cands wrote: > > Is there a way to highlight certain words or sentences within Excel. I don't > want to hightlight the entire cell 9I know how to do that, I just want to > hightli...

Enumerator 02-10-10
Hi! At the end is a complete short program listed. If I do this statement Stack<string>.Enumerator q = numbers.GetEnumerator(); I create a Enumerator that is called q in this example. But enumerator is used when iterating through a collection for example by using the foreach construction. So my first simple question is why is it not possible to write foreach in this way using q as an enumerator ??? This cause the compile that is listed after the foreach. My qualified guess is because this enumerator q doesn't implement the IEnumerable we can't use a foreach he...

Outlook Express and Word Documents received
I am currently in serious need of reciving MicrosoftWord documents via my email and for some reason outlook express is deleting all the attachments as they come in before I can look at them, how do I adjust the settings??? b Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

Non-efficient reports disabling
Hi, I want to disable links to several reports that will be not useful in my organization and I can's find the xml file that contains the links to the reports. Please advise me where I can find this file. Thanks. If you have a 8.5 developer license of Crystal (along with the Crystal add-in supplied with CRM), I believe you can remove reports from the Crystal Server. "innab" <innab@nur.com> wrote in message news:0cfb01c36caa$ff246040$a601280a@phx.gbl... Hi, I want to disable links to several reports that will be not useful in my organization and I can's find the xml...

GP 10 Security
Does anyone know an easy way of assigning all users in all companies to the power user role, or do you seriously have to go into user security setup and set it individually for each user and each company combination. I have several companies and sereral users making the task exponentially large. My first question is why would you want everyone to be a power user in all companies if you have that many users. The only idea off the top of my head is a macro but I'm not in front of GP so I'm not sure how much you could automate it. Mark On May 22, 6:25 pm, Travis Vigar <TravisVi...

Macro enabled word templates in CRM 4.0
Hi! We have a customer with several macro enabled .dotm word templates which are used with CRM 3.0. They want to upgrade to 4.0 but from what I see CRM 4.0 only supports word templates in .xml format. Is this correct? I can't seem to run macros and visual basic code in .xml word templates. This is needed as it is where the customer chooses printer, drawers etc. Any way of using .dotm templates in CRM 4.0 or choosing printers etc with code in .xml templates? ...

Default font/Size in Comments Box
I'm running MS Office 2007 on a Vista Home Premium OS SP2, all WU's current, with 2 GB of RAM. Windows defender, Spyware Doctor, MBAM, SAS. Everything's running just fine. I'd like to know if there's an easy way to format my Comments boxes (right click and select `insert comment') so that the default is not bold text with a font size of 9. I'd like to be able to set the default font to something else and the default font size to Arial. Is this possible for a hack like me? Thanks in advance...........Paul C. You could use a macro like the one...

sales for outlook 10-22-03
when creating crm contact,appointment, or a task using the "crm toolbar" in the sales for outlook client, it is supposed to post them in both crm and outlook. i only get it in crm ...

Receiving email #6
I use outlook to receive & send email. When I first open up outlook and hit "send/receive" to download my emails, I have to enter my username and password. As long as I don't close Outlook, I don't have to re-enter this info. Today, however, I entered the username and password, hit "okay", and the window closed and reopened with all the username and password. I rehit "okay" and the same thing happened over and over again. I finally had to reboot the system, and retrieved emails, but when I tried to retrieve emails about 15 minutes later, th...

Combo
Would anyone be able to help me with any explanation as to why my Combo "NotInList" Event refuses to work? The Combo seems to work fine when providing a list of iems to select from but I want to provide the user with a method of entering somenting that is not in the underlying Table and thereby habing the option to create a new record. I though that "NotIn List" would be the way to do it. By using the "NotInList" Event for the Combo, the program should pick up that the item is not in the Table and ask the user if they want to create a new record. I ha...

Missing Encumbrance tables to build a smart list
I am trying to build a smart list that will show the following fields related to encumbrances by account: Actual balance Budget Amount Encumbered amount Total When I go to add the tables some of the tables used in the encumbrance inquiry screen is not available, for example, ENC_detail_temp, ENC POP Line. And then some of the ENC_Summary_Temp tables are empty. Any ideas as to why they are missing or blank? -- Thanks for your help Hello, Temp tables will not have data. You cannot use temp tables for any purposes. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "GPNewbi...

How to change labels on a chart from numbers to words?
Can Someone Please help me? I can't figure out how to change the labels on my chart in excel from numbers to words! I'm not sure which labels you want to change to words, but maybe Jon Peltier's charting tutorial will help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html Arin wrote: > Can Someone Please help me? I can't figure out how to change the labels on my > chart in excel from numbers to words! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html I suspect it's this page: http://peltiertech.com/...

PERSONAL.XLS #10
how do I delete this file from the VBA editor? TIA On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:41:01 -0700, "F7772" <F7772@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do I delete this file from the VBA editor? TIA Personal.xls is loaded automatically from the xlStart folder, the location of which will vary according to your operating system and Office version. All you need to do is find that folder, and move personal.xls out of it. --------------------------------------------------------- Hank Scorpio scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.) * Please keep all replies ...

Running total 10-25-07
Is there anyway to produce a running total in a query? I tried the help menus but they only mention running totals in reports. You have to have a field that supply the order (like a dateStamp) and, sure, the value to be summed. SELECT a.dateStamp, LAST(a.theValue), SUM(b.theValue) FROM yourTable AS a INNER JOIN yourTable AS b ON a.dateStamp >= b.dateStamp GROUP BY a.dateStamp will then do. Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Beagle1927" <ebonystealth@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1193324501.725632.305280@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... > Is...

validation 03-10-10
hi, every one.. How to validate between two workbook..? Is there any option on this Please describe what data you have in each workbook, and what you want to do with it. Pete On Mar 10, 11:57=A0am, selvaraj <selva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, every one.. > > How to validate between two workbook..? > > Is there any option on this Hi, Look into Debra web http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html At the bottom you will find more links to examples and vs Hope this helps "selvaraj" wrote: > hi, every one.. ...