Identity will be updated

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Hello community,

My company operates a network of 80 users. They use all the Office for
2008 in the Mac version 12.1.9. Macversion 10.5.7.
Once a user started an Office program, no matter whether Entourage, Word, Powerpoint or Excel,
a small popup window with the message: "identity is updated" comes.

My question now is this' identities Update a problem or bug
of the software? What is a solution or workaround?

Thanks,
DennisFF
0
DennisFF (3)

DennisFF@officeformac.com wrote:

> My company operates a network of 80 users. They use all the Office
> for 2008 in the Mac version 12.1.9. Macversion 10.5.7. Once a user
> started an Office program, no matter whether Entourage, Word,
> Powerpoint or Excel, a small popup window with the message: "identity
> is updated" comes.
>
> My question now is this' identities Update a problem or bug of the
> software? What is a solution or workaround?

This is normal and should only happen once after upgrading. Office 2008
is upgrading your Entourage 2004 Database, which is used by all the
applications.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
Thanks for the answer, but the popup message comes more than ones after the upgrading. It's happends daily. And no Entourage 2004 Database is on the harddrive, only 2008 Database.

Have you more suggestions?

Thanks,
Dennis
0
DennisFF (3)
6/22/2009 1:27:56 PM
On 6/22/09 2:46 AM, in article 59b76f83.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"DennisFF@officeformac.com" <DennisFF@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Once a user started an Office program, no matter whether Entourage, Word,
> Powerpoint or Excel,
> a small popup window with the message: "identity is updated" comes.

It wasn't clear, is this everyone or just one user? If it's everyone,
Microsoft should work with you on this.

There are two loop issues. See these fixes:

When I launch Entourage, I immediately get a dialog saying that it's
upgrading my identity.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/install_update.html#fails11>

Office Setup Assistant opens when I try to open an Office 2008 application
(loops

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/setup_assistant.html>

Both are known to drive you insane. :-)

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>

> It wasn't clear, is this everyone or just one user? If it's everyone,
> Microsoft should work with you on this.
>
> There are two loop issues. See these fixes:
>
> When I launch Entourage, I immediately get a dialog saying that it's
> upgrading my identity.

Yes, it's a problem for everyone in my company. The fixes from your link dont help. We have no Firewall restrictions or 80 defective Databases.

Any other idea?

Thanks,
Dennis
0
DennisFF (3)
6/23/2009 10:34:25 AM
On 6/23/09 3:34 AM, in article 59b76f83.3@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"DennisFF@officeformac.com" <DennisFF@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Yes, it's a problem for everyone in my company. The fixes from your link dont
> help. We have no Firewall restrictions or 80 defective Databases.

You should qualify for Microsoft support with 80 users. I can forward this
to my contact at Microsoft and they will get in touch. It would help if you
sent me your personal contact info off list to forward to them as well.

dianeross at mvps dot org

--
Diane

Creating a new identity with the folder structure of a previous identity
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0088_01CA6629.A32A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I create a new identity, is it possible to copy the folder = structure of another previous identity. After this operation, my current identity will have all the folders (sub = folders) of the previous identity...but they will have not have any = mails...they will be blank Is it possible? If it is not directly possible...is there a work around to accomplish = this task? I am using OE6 ...

Alert to user for Public Folder Update
Hi, Is there any way to alert to the Exchange user, if someone update the exchange folder. Please let me know if anyone know to solve this problem. thank, tmmomdy On 28 Feb 2006 04:27:33 -0800, "tmmomdy" <tmmomdy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there any way to alert to the Exchange user, if someone update the >exchange folder. > >Please let me know if anyone know to solve this problem. > >thank, >tmmomdy Something from www.slipstick.com Something you script yourself or forward new posts via the Folder Assistant under the Administration tab of th...

Automatic Updates
KB955706 I can not install this; It has been trying for months Do I need this or can I delete it?? Or what Can I Do That update is for SQL server software only.... "stett" wrote: > KB955706 I can not install this; It has been trying for months Do I need this > or can I delete it?? Or what Can I Do ...

CRM 3.0 Updating Price lists and Adding new Products, Subject
We have almost 2000 products and since our original install of 1.2 we have gone from 4 price lists - List, Dealer, Quick Pay, Preferred, to List, Dealer,Quick Pay, Preferred Dealer, Preferred QuickPay, Volume We have also acquired another couple of companies and hundreds of new products, not currently in our system. We have just upgraded to 3.0 and now are in a quandry on how to best update the product and pricing modules. We think we can updae the the exisiting products with an import synching the id's and their prices. Howeve, we need to add in the 100's of new products, a...

Applications will not load
I have an HP running windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2. This may be aprtofa malware episode but I am not able to get far enough to find out for certain, every time I try to start an application I get the window popping up asking me to choose the program I want to use to open the file. The only applications that appear to work are explorer.exe and outlook.exe. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If it is only shortcuts to applications, then get the LNK fix here: XP File Association Fixes-Doug Knox: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm You may or may not need the...

Will Microsoft implode PocketPC?
Which the objective of Microsoft in not allowing the use of Money 2007 with Pocketpc? I don't believe that the company that created PocketPC is wanting now to implode the product. Windows Seen is already in the Vers�o RC1 and still don't support PocketPC. It is really an absurdity!!! Fernando Rodrigues - FerSoft I suspect they don't view Pocket Money as a make-or-break app to have on PocketPC. I also don't suspect they view Pocket Money as a make-or-break feature of M07. Given how few people are complaining, it's hard to say they're wrong. Their objective in...

Auto update
I have office 2004 and Office Update which is set to auto has not alerted me to the new update. I have tried manually to check for the update and I get the message "no updates available." I know I can download it through the MS web site. I just want to know why the program isn't coming up with it. Thanks, Joanne On 10/12/04 10:26 AM, in article BD916FDF.11BE%bisou@frontiernet.net, "Joanne Mann" <bisou@frontiernet.net> wrote: > I have office 2004 and Office Update which is set to auto has not alerted me > to the new update. I have tried manually to check ...

Delete Identity
We have an identity in an outlook express account that needs to be deleted. This is a former employee and the identity has a password that is unknown. How can we bypass the password and delete this identity? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsof...

Outlook will not start
Using Outlook 2002 When starting Outlook, the user receives the following error message: Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4024.0 ModName: outlib.dll ModVer: 10.0.4219.0 Offset: 00037646 She logged onto another three W2K pc's with office XP but they are also giving the same error message. When logging onto a W2K PC with Office 97, this is okay. She last remembered clicking on a link in an email message before this started to happen. Any advise, would be much appreciated. ...

How do I default a field to calculate in update mode
I need one of the fields in my form to update automatically with a calculation of 2 other fields in the form if either of the other 2 fields are updated. Example: 3 fields are: Frequency - Number field ( days ) LastSchedDate - Date field NextSchedDate - to be updated to [Frequency] + [LastSchedDate] if either the Frequency or LastSchedDate are updated -- Regards Michelle Set the control source property of your NextSchedDate box to =DateAdd("d",[Frequency],[LastSchedDate]) "Michelle" wrote: > I need one of the fields in my form to update automatically with a >...

Why will my cells not format?
I have collected about 1000 points of data from the HyperTerminal program and saved the data as two file formats one being .txt and the othet .csv. When I load the .csv file I am not taken through the wizard which is okay. When I load the .txt file I am. Anyways, my question is.. why will my cells not format? Currently this is what the cell looks like that i want to format "01/12/06 15:38:17" and there is one for every second for about 1000 seconds. Excel reads these cells as general cells, I am curious why I can not change them to a date format. The reason I want them t...

Update XML File
Hi I have an application where I need to Update an XML file. The source is an Access DB. The Application imports new records from the Access DB into a DataSet and then needs to update the XML File. The problem I have is that WriteXML overwrites the existing XML file so on subsequent run only records that are new since the previous run will be in the XML file. I thought I could over come this by first reading the XML File into a DataSet and then appending the new records from the DataTable of New Access DB records into the DataTable of existing XML records. However the only way I know of d...

update failed (KB976321)
For cupdate close to two weeks I have been trying to apply the update KB976321. I have tried the suggestions list in the dscussion room. I have went back to see if it was already installed and it wasn't. What can I do? I stumbled on the solution by mistake. My mistake was that I did not shut down by using the shut down button with the update symbol on it. After re-booting using the button resolved my problem. thanks to Jade-Toest. "dragonrunner" wrote: > For cupdate close to two weeks I have been trying to apply > the update KB976321. I have tried the s...

Update on CRM IBF?
Ok well August has come and gone. September has come and gone. Any word on the IBF for CRM? And hopefully something other than it is close? Preferably a MS person can answer what the skinny on this one is. I understand delays, etc. But please provide some tangible reasons. Thanks Sean Rumor Mill: November "Sean Fullerton" wrote: > Ok well August has come and gone. September has come and gone. > > Any word on the IBF for CRM? And hopefully something other than it is close? > > Preferably a MS person can answer what the skinny on this one is. I > understa...

Copying folders from one identity to another

excel will not open in right worksheet
When I open one of my workbooks with multiple spreadsheets, it opens to the last sheet I had open, then switches to the sheet beside it. How can I get it to open and stay on the last sheet I had open? -- bf bf Perhaps you have some event code in ThisWorkbook that switches sheets? Hit ALT + F11 to get to the VB Editor. Select your workbook/project and expand Microsoft Excel Objects. Double-click on ThisWorkbook. Any code in there? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:10:02 -0700, "bf" <bf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I open one of my workbooks ...

Windows Update
When I go to update windows it tells me that I need to update a few files. But when I go to install it says that the computer is waiting for a reboot. But everytime I reboot and go through the same process it displays the same message. Any Ideas? Thanks Try posting in a Windows group, perhaps? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, George consula asked:...

Exchange 5.5 server Public Folder will not show/delete.
I have a folder in our company's Public Folders that will not display. Error is: The contents of this public folder are currently not available........MS Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 80004005-0507-00000000 How can I get rid of this folder? -- Julian Milano Are you a single Exchange site? There are quite a few reasons how this could happen, but you need to provide more details about your Exchange environment. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Julian Milano" <jdmils_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Outlook 2003 will not close #2
I have 15 XP pro systems running Outlook 2003 (installed from clientapps of a SBS 2003 server). 13 of 15 run fine. Two have the following problem: Open Outlook 2003 - no problem (cached mode is on, .ost is sync'd, new mail is displayed, all is well.) Outlook continues to operate flawlessly while open Close outlook via X in upper-right hand corner. Outlook appears to close, but icon is left behind by the clock (and Outlook.exe continues to reside in memory). Clicking on the icon displays "...Exchange server is not responding..." If I create an Outlook profile that a...

Identities #4
I have recently had to reset my PC back to factory settings top get rid of a bug or virus problem. Before doing this, I backed up my iddentities folders from Outlook Express. Having reset my PC and set up my email identitiies once again, I cannot access some of the old identity files. My question therefore is this: How can I get the Outlook programme to recognise the other identities folders or input the folder codes into the only identity that outlook will read as default. Ny advice would be very gratefully received, I can be contacted throught the following methods. Telephone: UK 014...

pst file too big..will not archive
I am a new user and imported everything from Outlook Express. I have lots of persoanl folders and LOTS of old emails. My PST folder is almost 9 megs. I compacted all the folders and I tried to archive them telling it to archive everything over 3 months old. (I have emails that are 5 years old in the folders) It looked like it archived. It created all the archive folders, but they are all empty. What am i doing wrong? Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays! Art -- Thanks Very Much! Art Nittskoff "Art Nittskoff" <ArtNittskoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Mail will not Send
I am having a problem with Outlook as of yesterday my mail will not leave my outbox. I get a time out error after a few minutes. I am able to send a test message to myself, but I can not send a regular email to myself. I am using POP3 and SMTP with Outlook 2002 SP-2. I able to send messages using Outlook Express with no problem. beytel@newswireone.com wrote: > I am having a problem with Outlook as of yesterday my mail > will not leave my outbox. I get a time out error after a > few minutes. I am able to send a test message to myself, > but I can not send a regular ...

Should I install Jet update 829558 ?
Since I have exchange on this machien, should I install the Jet database update available on KB 829558? Windows update brings it up as an optional update but the article seems to mean more for Office based software rather than the Jet database used by Exchange. Perhaps it's not the same Jet ? "mmac" <no@thank.you> wrote: >Since I have exchange on this machien, should I install the Jet database >update available on KB 829558? Windows update brings it up as an optional >update but the article seems to mean more for Office based software rather >than the Jet da...

Content deployment job not working after Moss dec 2009 CU Update
Hi, We have configured a content deployment job on our server farm. Which takes the content from the source Site collection and migrates the contents to different site collection on a different farm. The job is not working now after the Moss Dec2009 CU updates. The job gets struck showing the job status as “Preparing”. We had checked the Moss log files for errors we are getting the following error on Moss log files: 05/12/2010 12:08:39.88 w3wp.exe (0x0290) 0x1EDC CMS Content De...

Outlook will not open #6
Outlook Express will not open past showing my folders and address book on the left and a blank area where my inbox should be. Eventually it times out and gives me an error message. szAppName : msimn.exe szAppVer : 6.0.2900.2180 szModName : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000 C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER80df.dir00 \msimn.exe.mdmp C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER80df.dir00 \appcompat.txt Can anyone help? Vexed Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook Express will not open past showing my folders and > address book...