Identities makes my drive go click, click, click

One of my Office 2001 users cannot launch an Office application=20
without her drive making a strange, recurring sequence of three clicks.=20
Entourage will not open at all, giving the user and I/O error instead.=20
Other Office apps will eventually open.

In an effort to move her to Office for OS X, I've tried to copy the =
Office=20
2001 Identities folder to another Mac, but it fails to copy both under=20
Mac OS 9.2.2 and Jaguar. It seems to hang on the Database file=20
particularly.

If it were simply a corrupted file, I would not expect the odd drive =
noise=20
(click, click, click......click, click, click...etc.). It's like there =
is a bad=20
sector on the drive or something. Yet, every other non-Office app=20
works fine.

I tried optimizing the drive, but that fails as well.

I've run two versions of Disk Warrior, but neither has solved the=20
problem. I've run an Apple Hardware Disk CD and everything passed.

Any suggestions how I can get her data into Office for OS X?
0
anonymous (74722)

making textbox to be auto sizable
I added a Textbox to a Word 2007 document by going to the Developer option(in the File menu), then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are set to True and the rest are default. The textbox is of size so that it can take some 10 rows of lines. Is there a feature I can choose/set so that when more than 10 rows of lines are entered the text box will automatically expand? The rows need to increase so the textbox needs to expand downwards to accommodate the text more than 10 lines. Can someone please advise if there is a w...

How to make a DDE Server using MFC
Hi, When I use a DDE server sample provided in SDK and modifiy it in my VC project in the mode of full api,it can work with no problem.But when I use MFC to rebuild this project,it dosen't work.My purpose is to send the data dealed with in my MFC program to a InTouch program using the mode of DDE. I would appreciate if someone could provide suggestions/ideas on how I can resolve this,if someone can provide source code of a MFC DDE server sample I would very grateful. Thanks xerxes xerxes wrote: > Hi, > When I use a DDE server s...

how do i make an presentation
ho do i make an presentation eg when a movie start it come with the directur then the pruducer etc. "Vickey" <Vickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:897535F3-D954-4C7B-8A42-6A0ED71BB972@microsoft.com... > ho do i make an presentation eg when a movie start it come with the > directur > then the pruducer etc. Not an Outlook issue or capability. ...

How do I make the smallest number in a column red ( No VBA Please )
for a example in column E at cell E10 to E 30 I want the smallest number I enter in each of those cells to be red. If 3 cells are "0" all 3 should be red if one cell is "2" and all other cells are more than 2 I want that "2" cell to show up as red font. To sum it up in cells E10 to E30 I want the lowest numbers to be red if there are more than one of the lowest all should be red Thanks Ron On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 13:47:01 -0800 (PST), e_a_g_l_e_p_i <eaglepi@hotmail.com> wrote: >for a example in column E at cell E10 to E 30 I want the smallest >number I...

Re: How do I make a macro remove last char only in a cell?
I don't know why this never showed up when I first sent it �200310261033! However, > Thank you all guys! I have yet to subsume each suggestion entirely but > thought it best to respond whilst the thread was still alive so thank you to > Don Guillett, Michael Bednarek, Tom Ogilvy, and Kent Schederin! I'm sure I > will be able to extract the required code from you reply posts. CHEERS GUYS! > > -- > Best regards > Martin Richecoeur [notsovilefriend] > http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/richka/ > "Kent" <schederin@home.se> wrote in message &...

How to make this plot?
I am trying to make a column plot with two groups of data. A a1 2 a2 2.5 B b1 3 b2 5.5 I am trying to make a1, a2, b1, b2 as stand alone column and I also want to have a series name for a1, a2 and another name for b1 and b2. Can I do this in Excel? If I try to make two series, it can only have 2 x axis values. Basically, I want to plot series A first and then series B. But I want to put them in the same plot.. Many Thanks. No Summer? This might do what you want. Arrange your data as shown below, and make your column chart. Series A will have two columns ...

Creating a new identity with the folder structure of a previous identity
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0088_01CA6629.A32A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I create a new identity, is it possible to copy the folder = structure of another previous identity. After this operation, my current identity will have all the folders (sub = folders) of the previous identity...but they will have not have any = mails...they will be blank Is it possible? If it is not directly possible...is there a work around to accomplish = this task? I am using OE6 ...

Making a graph HELP!
I'm trying to make a graph for a brochure in publisher. I have pulled up the excel worksheet and entered my information. It only displays the amount of columns that were in the "dummy" graph. How do I get it to recognize the rest of my information and display all 10 columns instead of six. I have spent too much time goofing around with different settings and options and can't find a solution. HELP! Are you asking for help with charting in Excel? If so, look at the data source. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 F...

go to worksheet on button name
I am trying to assign a macro to a button so that when clicked it opens the worksheet whose name is on the button Copy this event sub in the code window of worksheet containing the button: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Worksheets(Me.CommandButton1.Caption).Select End Sub Regards, Stefi „Northern Dave” ezt írta: > I am trying to assign a macro to a button so that when clicked it opens the > worksheet whose name is on the button ...

GP9 PR go to links broken
On GP 9, service pack 3, there are several users recently setup who do not have access to a couple options under the Go to button in the Employee Maintenance window. When you click on Go to > Payroll, Benefits and Deductions are grayed out, although eight other links are accessible. The odd thing is that they have access to all of these windows, including Benefits and Deductions, and can access them through the menu via Cards > Reports > Benefits or Deductions. They do have HR installed, but there are no customizations to any of these windows. Also, it's not workstation ...

Delete Identity
We have an identity in an outlook express account that needs to be deleted. This is a former employee and the identity has a password that is unknown. How can we bypass the password and delete this identity? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsof...

Simulate a mouse click on a link inside a web browser control in v
I developed a dialog based application with a button and a web browser control. When I clicked on the button, it will send a mouse click to a link inside the web browser control. I am expecting it will navigate to that link but nothing happend. But if I change the web browser control (IDC_EXPLORER1) to another button for example IDC_BUTTON2 then it works. Why? code as following: /////////////////CODE void CWeb1Dlg::OnOK() { SendDlgItemMessage(IDC_EXPLORER1, WM_LBUTTONDOWN , (WPARAM)MK_LBUTTON, (LPARAM)0); SendDlgItemMessage(IDC_EXPLORER1, WM_LBUTTONUP , (WPARAM)MK_LBUTTON, (LPARAM)...

make a cell empty based on condition
I am trying to make a cell value be null with the following:=IF($C$2>=A18,A18,"") My goal is to make C18 be empty if this is false. I don't want it to be blank; I want it to be as if I never typed a value in the cell at all. When I try the above, C18 is blank when the above evaluates to false, but I am creating a chart and the chart recognizes the cell as having a value. It plots the data point. I've already gone to Tools/Options/Chart and set it to not plot empty cells. The problem is that it still shows the x-axis value though with no data. If I delete the c...

exporting make file
Hi I am exporting make file (.MAK) with Project | Export Makefile command. I found out that for some cpp files the export utulity provides $(CPP) $(CPP_PROJ) $(SOURCE) record where $(CPP) expands to cl.exe by NMAKE utulity. How ever for other cpp files there's no $(CPP) record so I see no call to cl.exe I wonder what is the difference and why both types of files are compiled. Dmitri Below you can see the MAKE file code for two files mesherex.cpp with $(CPP) and meshes.cpp without. SOURCE=.\tess\MesherEx.cpp !IF "$(CFG)" == "AlgoVision - Win32 Debug" "$(I...

how can I make yes no option button required?
I have a user form that prompts a user to click yes no option buttons. This form fills out a word document replacing the un-checkedboxes with a windings character that looks like a checked box. The user form has several frames with 1 set of yes no option buttons in each frame for each question. The form works but, I would like to make the user required to answer yes or no to each question. I would really appreciate any help on this.. See my code below. Dim OBYes1 As Bookmark Dim OBNo1 As Bookmark 'App Option Button 1 Yes If UserQues1.OBYes1 = True Then Selectio...

Making multiple slides in one
If I have a question on the slide and the answer is either true of false, How do I make it if the person clicks the wrong answer it goes to a seperate slide from if the person clicks the right answer (that is also a seperate slide)? On 6/2/10 3:23 PM, katiep939 wrote: > If I have a question on the slide and the answer is either true of false, How > do I make it if the person clicks the wrong answer it goes to a seperate > slide from if the person clicks the right answer (that is also a seperate > slide)? > You will need to add hyperlinks to the slides, either b...

Copying folders from one identity to another

Identities #4
I have recently had to reset my PC back to factory settings top get rid of a bug or virus problem. Before doing this, I backed up my iddentities folders from Outlook Express. Having reset my PC and set up my email identitiies once again, I cannot access some of the old identity files. My question therefore is this: How can I get the Outlook programme to recognise the other identities folders or input the folder codes into the only identity that outlook will read as default. Ny advice would be very gratefully received, I can be contacted throught the following methods. Telephone: UK 014...

How can I make the save button available from the openoffice?
I unplugged the printer from the lap top and that was a job waiting to be printed. After that, the save button became not available in the openoffice.org 1.1.4 How can I fix it? Regards, Rodrigo OpenOffice.org is NOT developed by Microsoft. This means that you won't get support directly from Microsoft nor find help on a Microsoft Newsgroup (such as this). I'd recommend visiting one or more of these sites for OpenOffice.org information, downloads, and support: http://www.openoffice.org/ http://download.openoffice.org/ http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.5/ http://documentation.o...

Macro in excel to save to an unmapped drive !
Help... Can anybody hlep me out here... I am trying to construct a macro part of which will save a file to an unmapped drive, i can do this when the filename is static but I need to change the filename cellvalue2 = Sheets("explanations").Range("F1").Text myvalue = cellvalue2 ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=myvalue I can also do it when I have a mapped drive by using CHDRIV "E:" but not to an unmapped one ! Can anybody help? Maybe.... dim myPath as string dim CellValue2 as string 'point at the UNC path here. myPath = "\\server\folder\folder\&q...

how to make a histogram with frequency
how do you use the histogram function?i don't really understand bins. all i have in my data are income groups e.g 0-10k, 11-20k etc and the frequency of each one. can i make a histogram with this data? hannah553 - > how do you use the histogram function?i don't really understand bins. all > i have in my data are income groups e.g 0-10k, 11-20k etc and the > frequency of each one. can i make a histogram with this data? < To use the Histogram tool, the data range is the raw data on a worksheet, and the bins are values you enter in the worksheet to specify the up...

how do you create new identities, there is no identity
command in my file menu Outlook or Outlook Express? Outlook does not use Identities, it uses profiles that can be installed under Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles->New. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, bob asked: | command in my file menu outllook express, isn't that weird that identities is not in the menu "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" &...

How do I make a parabola using Excel?
I am supposed to make a graph for my biology class. The teacher wants a graph that "doesn't connect points" "find best fit line" "round sloping curve" "parabolic" I don't quite know where to start on how to make this graph, or what kind of graph this would be. I am not sure what exactly the teacher wants. Does s/he want or not want 'best fit line?' What does "round sloping curve" mean? In XL, one cannot create a chart without connecting points. To get the equation of a parabola enter 'parabola' (w/o the quo...

How to make an image into a command button?
Does any one know how to turn an image into a command button? or a toggle button? The standard command button is retangular, and i want to make it into a different shape, i tried editing its properties and inserted an image , but the image is contain inside the rectanglar shape.. not in its orginal shape, which is an arrow shape Jay Jay, can you right click on your image and assign a macro to it? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 ...

I want to make a print of the year 2010(Outlook 2007)
I can only choose to print one month from Outlook. Is there any way to make a print of a year (for the overview of several employees)? Or is there an other MS application which will be good as a vacation planner? Use this program Calendar Printing Assistant for Outlook 2007 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ha101687211033.aspx Lene wrote: > I can only choose to print one month from Outlook. Is there any way to make a > print of a year (for the overview of several employees)? Or is there an other > MS application which will be good as a vacation planner? &...