Identification of software key for Office 2004 install

I have my 3 product keys available for my version of Office 2004. I want to use Office 2004 on a new imac 24, but do not know which of my product keys are installed on which of my combinations of Macs. Is there a way to determine the product key assigned to a particular machine? If not, is there an easy way to do trial and error and change the key if it was already used?
0
BobW2318 (1)

In article <ee8bf12.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, BobW@officeformac.com
wrote:

> I have my 3 product keys available for my version of Office 2004. I want to
> use Office 2004 on a new imac 24, but do not know which of my product keys
> are installed on which of my combinations of Macs. Is there a way to
> determine the product key assigned to a particular machine? If not, is there
> an easy way to do trial and error and change the key if it was already used?

You'll have to use trial and error. But its easy.

If you need to change the key, run the Remove Office app (found in the

   HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Additional Tool:Remove Office

folder). When the first dialog is displayed, hold down the option key -
the Continue button turns into a Remove Licensing Information Only
button. Click that and you can enter a new key.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
2/4/2008 4:55:09 AM
Hi Bob:

Yes, sort-of.  If you look in the Application menu for the About item and
display that, it will display the Product ID to you.

If you find two machines on which all but the last five digits match, the
same key was used on those two machines.

It won't tell you "which" key was used, just that the "same" key was used.

Cheers

On 4/02/08 11:13 AM, in article ee8bf12.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"BobW@officeformac.com" <BobW@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have my 3 product keys available for my version of Office 2004. I want to
> use Office 2004 on a new imac 24, but do not know which of my product keys are
> installed on which of my combinations of Macs. Is there a way to determine the
> product key assigned to a particular machine? If not, is there an easy way to
> do trial and error and change the key if it was already used?

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1073)
2/4/2008 11:01:24 AM
It was a great idea, but: I followed your instructions per the first reply above. When I click on the Remove Licensing Key Only button I get a spinning ball for a while, and then a popup that says it has to remove some files first before proceeding. It sits for a while there and then brings me back to the remove office window again. If I now follow that path I get to the options where i can delete the folder, selected items, or preferences. Don't want to do that. So I close out and it appears nothing has happened at all. If i open an office app, all seems to be working as normal and I do not get a query for a new key. What step am I missing?<br>
Bob
0
Bob
2/9/2008 9:11:08 PM
When we remove licensing information only, it's only removing two files, so
it should seem as though nothing has happened.

However, if you then reboot, you should be prompted for your licence key
when you next start an Office application.

If that's not happening, email me direct and I will send you an alternative
method.

Cheers

On 10/02/08 8:11 AM, in article ee8bf12.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Bob
Welty " <> wrote:

> It was a great idea, but: I followed your instructions per the first reply
> above. When I click on the Remove Licensing Key Only button I get a spinning
> ball for a while, and then a popup that says it has to remove some files first
> before proceeding. It sits for a while there and then brings me back to the
> remove office window again. If I now follow that path I get to the options
> where i can delete the folder, selected items, or preferences. Don't want to
> do that. So I close out and it appears nothing has happened at all. If i open
> an office app, all seems to be working as normal and I do not get a query for
> a new key. What step am I missing?
> Bob

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1073)

Autocad v14 files and Word 2004
I am using Word 2000 on a PC and Word 2004 for the Mac (OS X). I am bringing files from the PC to the Mac and am having trouble reading the embeded Autocad files in the Word Doc. The Autocad files were copied from Autocad (Select all - Control-C to Copy, Control-V to paste into the Word 200 Document, then saved. WHen I bring the file over to the Mac and open the Word doc, I can't see the AutoCad file. All I see is a bunch of dots. Can anything be done to be able to see these files on the Mac when the Word doc is opened? How about printing? Thanks, Steve ...

IMAP
Have had IMAP setup in Outlook 2000 for quite a while to 4 different mailboxes. It's always worked ok, picking up new message headers etc and downloading messages. Now however, it does not recognise that there are new mail messages (there definately are as I can check this via webmail). Strangely though, Outlook Express works fine. Any thoughts? Have checked permissions, spoken to ISP (no issues their end) etc etc. Turned on Logging and both the logs for Outlook and Outlook Express show that there are 8 messages of which 3 new etc BUT whereas Express continues to the FETCH stage befor...

MAPI error during install Urgent help needed.
Hi I have reinstalled Exchange 2003 and received an error message about the mapi32.dll file There are now issues with moving public folders onto the server. It did have Outlook 2000 on it but this was removed. I have followed the instructions relating to the installation error as in Q294470 including downloading the entire platform SDK but the file that the article refers to (mergeini.exe) does not exist in this package !! 300MB later does anyone know where it can be got or if there is any other method to get around this problem. Michael "michael" <michael.mcnab@badjar.com.au&...

Microsoft Office 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I love our Mac, but have recently been having problems accessing Microsoft Office. When I go to open a blank document or project gallery, I can't access Excel. Just this morning I found I couldn't access Word. Can someone help me with this problem? On 6/26/08 3:09 PM, in article 59b52751.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "paiea48@officeformac.com" <paiea48@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: intel > > I love our Mac, but have re...

Options to Money software..? #2
I have found that money and quicken are being long and hard to learn. Does anyone know of simplier software options of simple download and organizing bank statements ? ...

Agent Failed to evaluate Installed Rule
I examined the WindowsUpdate.log for the WUAU update process; 1768 b84 Agent ************* 1768 b84 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] 1768 b84 Agent ********* In examining WindowsUpdate.log I noticed the following WARNING. 1768 b84 Agent WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installed rule, updateId = {F4B9C883-F4DB-4FB5-B204-3343C11FA021}.100, hr = 8024E001 1768 b84 Agent WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installed rule, updateId = {BFE5B177-A086-47A0-B102-097E4FA1F807}.102, hr = 8024E001 Near as I can fig...

Microsoft Security Bulletins for June 2004
June 8, 2004 Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletins. Note: www.microsoft.com/technet/security and www.microsoft.com/security are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins! ANY e-mail, web board or newsgroup posting (including this one) should be verified by visiting these sites for official information. Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments. These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft.com download center or Windows Update. See the individual bulletins for details. Because some malicious messages attempt to masquer...

Spreadsheet identification.
Hello all, I compile spreadsheets that maybe updated daily, I then sen these files out (anything up to monthly). I am looking for a way of easily identifying which version they ar looking at if they have any queries. I would like to keep the file name the same and did not want to have t change anything manually. I was thinking ideally of say a number in cell A1 that increases by every time I save the file. I would then compare this to their numbe to know whether the file they are looking at is the most up to dat version. If anyone has any other ideas they would be most welcome. p.s I am fa...

Error installing Publisher 2000
I have tried installing Publisher 2000 on two different PCs, both running Win 2k SP3, and I keep getting a dll registration error and then installation fails. The DLL file in question is ptxt9.dll. It tells me registration of the DLL file failed and then the installation doesn't complete properly. Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated! Thanks for your help. Chase Thanks Dave. Although now I feel a bit silly about it. It turns out to have been bad media. Tried a different CD and it worked ok. Thanks again for your suggestion! ...

Out of Office Assistant Doesn't Work
Hello, I have one user who put their Out of Office assistant on, but it is not replying to any incoming messages. She has no rules setup in her Outlook. The config is Exchange 2003 and she has WinXP with Oulook 2003. Thanks, George In news:s5lig2lbgkkppca0ktp0i2b5nbi1l5msct@4ax.com, George <George@Geo.com> typed: > Hello, > > I have one user who put their Out of Office assistant on, but it is > not replying to any incoming messages. She has no rules setup in her > Outlook. The config is Exchange 2003 and she has WinXP with Oulook > 2003. > > Thanks, > Geor...

Adding format to "save as" sub-menu in Office 2007?
I save all my files as either .xlsx or .csv. Usually I need to save the same file as both - once to preserve features such as charts and once in .csv for import into another application. Is there a way to add a format to the "save as" window? That is, I would like to be able to click the office button, click "save as", and have .csv appear in the list of formats alongside "Excel workbook", "Excel macro-enabled workbook", etc. Granted, I can choose Save As>Other formats and scroll down to .csv in the save dialog, but I do this often enough that it wo...

Customize TAB key ?
Hello, Is there a way to customize the TAB key so that I can configure the directions that the cursor moves? For example, I would like to move from cell A1 to A5 then from A5 to B7 just by hitting the TAB key twice. I made a form in Excel for people to fill in but I've been getting lots of compliant from users that it's hard to navigate through fields. Thanks in advance. Kinner By unlocking the cells you want data entered into and then protecting the worksheet. Cells are locked by default, but the locking is not effective until the worksheet is protected. Format, Cells, ...

Product Key Questions
I am new to OneNote and am having some trouble using it. Every time I open the program a dialog box pops up asking for the Product Key. I have tried typing in the key off the CD I used to install my MS Office programs on my new computer, but it does not accept that number (same thing happens to me in MS Word). I have clicked the 'Cancel' button on the Product Key dialog box but then I am unable to type anything or click on any buttons in the program. Also, it seems that a couple of my notebooks of school notes are either gone or have somehow disappeared within the progra...

Update causes invalid product Key?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a macbook that i bought secondhand that came with Office 2008 installed. the other day I was installing an update that it downloaded for Word automatically and when it finished i tried to open Word again. But now a widow pops up that says &quot;Office for Mac has determined that your product key is invalid.&quot; Now I am a new mac user and I dont know what to do. the widow provides a link for reinstalling the product key but I dont have it. Why should I have to do that anyway after updating? Does...

How do I buy a product key to convert to full perpetual version?
My Office 2003 Professional Edition expired on Jan 31 so now Microsoft Access has reduced functionality and I can't do some stuff on it. I have to convert it to a full perpetual license to use Access, and to do it you need to buy a product key either online or at a retailer. I need one online because I have to get something done on Access by Monday. But I can't figure out how to buy one!! I tried searching around on the microsoft website and the closest I got to an answer is this: http://www.microsoft.com/office/pctrial/convert.mspx On step 2 it says this: On the Office 2003 S...

Integration between Office Accounting Prof 2008 and MS CRM 4.0/Onl
Does anyone know what type of integration is available between Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2008 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0/Online applications, if any? Such as ability to sync up account, contact, quote, order, invoice, product catalogue, etc between the two products. If there are no pre-integrated tools available, do you know what is the best way to integrate/sync these two applications? Thanks, JL, Hi JL, We have developed an Integration module for Office Accounting 2008. It takes care of all the functionalities requested by you. You can check further details ...

Exchange and APC UPS software
APC says their free software can't properly shutdown Exchange without their commercial software. Does Exchange generally prevent 3rd party software from shutting down a server? Can anybody shed light on this please? -- Reply in group, but if emailing add another zero, and remove the last word. My guess is that their free software does not monitor the Exchange services to ensure that they are properly shutdown. The limitation is not with Exchange but with the APC software. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.active-directory-up...

The worst software
I'm extremely suprised that MS has such talent people who can design so stupid software.It's easy to design a bad software.But it's extremely difficult to design the worst software.Fortunately,MS has done!!! http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/a_bad_workman_always_blames_his_tools -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< >&l...

family key
Do you know what the definition of a family key is? I got this question on an interview. I've heard of self-joins, concatenated key, candidate key and alternate key but never family key. Please explain. Hi Not sure if it's the same thing you were asked about but there is a very common programme that some firm's use to keep track of what is going on (on thier systems). Basically it's a key logger (there are many others) and reporting software. The name is Family Key. I think it's marketed a parents who want to know what thier kids are up to on the net - but firms...

Can't Maximize sheet since SP1 install
Yuck! I installed SP1 for Office 2003 this morning. Now, it seems I can't get my spreadsheets to fully maximize - even when I have only one open. I can hit the maximize button and it takes up almost all the window but still acts like it's TILED. I see a large "title bar" at the top of each spreadsheet just below the bottom tool bar. It's changed...and I hate change! Is this a setting somewhere that I just can't find? Thanks so much! cr ...

CRM Server installation error message
I keep receiving the following error message when attempting to install CRM Server: Microsoft CRM Server Setup Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server Setup was unable to determine your account name How can I enable setup to determine my account name? ...

select all data with shorcut key
Hi, do u know a shorcut key to select all data, but not to create a table. usually when i have thousands of rows and columns, if i want to select all rows i must go to the end of the document and select with mouse and shift. but isnt a fast and easy way to select all data? thanks luis reis If the data is contiguous and nothing else is touching it, you can use: F5|Special|Current region Or ctrl-shift-8 (ctrl-*) Lu�s Miguel Ramires Vieira Reis RAM wrote: > > Hi, > > do u know a shorcut key to select all data, but not to create a table. > > usually when i have thousa...

DC identification
In my drawing I have different options, depending on the device (printer, screen or metafile). To distinguish them, I thought to use their DCs. The following code seems to work but I wonder if it's reliable in any case. Any purposes? void CChordView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { BOOL bMetafile = FALSE; if (pDC->m_bPrinting) // Printer or Preview { ... } else // Screen or Metafile { if (pDC->m_hAttribDC != pDC->m_hDC) bMetafile = TRUE; } ... } TIA, Hans One of the questions is "Why would it m...

Money 2002 is trying to install itself
Hi, one of our employees is having a VERY annoying problem. Whenever he launches explorer or Internet Explorer, he gets a pop-up window wherein Money 2002 is attempting to install or finish an installation. If I try and go through with the installation, it fails. If I try and uninstall through the Windows installed in Add/Remove programs, it fails. If I try and uninstall through "modify" it fails. I cannot delete any of the folders in Program Files\Money One of the folders within it is trying to format the C drive when I attempt to open it, and will not allow me to delete it! We...

Microsoft Sale$15.99up Computers ,Software,Hardware,Visual,Gaming
Microsoft Sale$15.99up Computers ,Software,Hardware,Visual,Gaming http://microsofthelper.itgo.com/ From $15.99 - up Computers,Note Books,Software,Hardware,Gaming,Visual,PDA's and more Free shipping and handling for a limited time! Brand new store! GREAT COMPUTER DEALS! http://microsofthelper.itgo.com/ Closing thread -- Phil Melek Microsoft Corp. ...