I love Mac Users :)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

I m male from istanbul / turkey. 31 years old. and married. I dont english
well. I want practices from mac friends.

take care

Tokay Erdil

0
dilkan (1)

Hello Tokay,

Good to hear from you!  Don't worry about your English -- if we don't
understand your problem with Office we can ask you more about it.  But for
corresponding with other people to improve your English, my guess is that
you will probably get better results from a newsgroup or listserv that
doesn't specialize in just one type of software as this one does.

I am attaching all the messages I put under my name (I usually only put in
one at a time) -- just in case any of this is helpful in using this
newsgroup.

Cheers,

Clive Huggan
Canberra, Australia
(My time zone is at least 5 hours different from the US and Europe,
so my follow-on responses to those regions can be delayed)

                     ---  SOME TIPS THAT MIGHT BE USEFUL  ---

* WAIT FOR CONSIDERED ADVICE: If you post a question, keep re-visiting the
newsgroup for several days after the first response comes in. Sometimes it
takes a few responses before the best or complete solution is proposed;
sometimes you'll be asked for further information so that a better answer
can be provided. Good tips about getting the best out of posting are at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FindHelp/Posting.htm

* QUERY GOOGLE FIRST: Before posting your next question, search Google
Groups
(http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*mac.office.word) --
the topic may have been comprehensively answered already.

* THE MS NEWS SERVER IS QUICKEST: If you connect directly to the Microsoft
news server (msnews.microsoft.com), you will see your replies within
minutes;  going through your ISP's news server could take much longer, and
web-based access can also be slow -- often 8 hours, and up to several days.
For settings for the MS news server, see www.entourage.mvps.org

* POST BACK TO THE NEWSGROUP TO GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK: Please post all comments
or follow-on questions to the newsgroup for the benefit of others who may be
interested. If you need to send an e-mail to me directly  (although that
would be exceptional), remove the uppercase letters from my address above.
E-mails with attachments are automatically rejected.

* EVERYONE'S SOLUTIONS AND VIEWS ARE WELCOME IN THIS NEWSGROUP: If you know
the answer, even a partial one, to a question you see on this newsgroup,
feel free to jump in and answer it -- there's no monopoly on answering here.
Except for an occasional visit by someone with "Microsoft" or "Mac Business
Unit" in their signature block, we're all volunteers. Feel free to comment
or ask a question that supplements someone else's question, too.

* COMING BACK PAYS DIVIDENDS: I've found no better way of improving my
knowledge of Word than visiting this newsgroup. I've compiled some notes
that include ideas from this newsgroup and elsewhere, and also list other
sources of information about Word. Titled "Bend Word to your Will", they are
downloadable free at www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/WordMac/Bend/BendWord.htm

* BACK UP NOW: Just in case anyone is still reading down this far, here's a
question: if your settings files were corrupted right now, would you have an
up-to-date backup from which to retrieve your document settings and
customizations? It's best to back up your Normal template and all your Word
settings files on a medium other than the internal hard drive. If you also
want to protect against theft and fire, it's best store them in a different
building. More information is at
www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/BackUpYourWork.htm (if you use Safari and it
gives you a blank page the first time, you may need to click the "Reload
this page" button several times). This topic is also covered in "Bend Word
to your Will".

On 11/3/05 5:24 PM, in article BE57064A.1F5A%dilkan@ttnet.net.tr, "harun
erdil" <dilkan@ttnet.net.tr> wrote:

> (\__/)
> (='.'=)
> (")_(")
>
> I m male from istanbul / turkey. 31 years old. and married. I dont english
> well. I want practices from mac friends.
>
> take care
>
> Tokay Erdil

User
Does anyone know how to add a user who is already in a distribution list to another distriubtion list? In other words, I want my name in the distribution list of 0193 and Technology. I'm being told because I belong to 0193, they don't know how to also add me to Technology. Thanks Open up the other distribution list and add your user account. Nue "khale" <khale@ccboe.net> wrote in message news:1144965566.973570.186670@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know how to add a user who is already in a distribution > list to another distriubtion list? I...

User Interface Library
I was given the following GUI providers for supporting my dialog box based application - BCGControlBar,dundas, codejock, stingray Problem is that none of them actually support it - they support only Sdi/Mdi application. Can someone recommend on an appropriate one? Regards Arie Arie wrote: > I was given the following GUI providers for supporting my dialog box based > application - > BCGControlBar,dundas, codejock, stingray > > Problem is that none of them actually support it - they support only Sdi/Mdi > application. > Can someone recommend on an appropriate one? &...

mdb files on a mac
What programs on a Mac can open and run .mdb files created on a PC? I have used Access 2000 and VBA in creating my mdb files. ...

Exchange Clients User authentication should only be done by exchan
I am using Exchange 2003 server on Win2003 platform. I have some common exchange email ids for inter department communication. When the users logon to windows they should use only their windows user name which is given them individually. But now they are using the email id user name to logon to windows. This manner is causing a very critical security issue. How to restrict the users to use the email id user name only for the OWA authentication. Shanthi They aren't actually using their e-mail ID to logon. They are using the UPN format (User Principal Name format) of their usernam...

Deleted user issue #2
I have several users who when you send a meeting request to I get a bounce back from the old admin who has left the company. This only happens for some of the users and not all that the admin may have had access for. Have checked delegates at the server and the client and both are empty. Any ideas out there why this may happen. you checked on the actual desktop Outlook profile of the person who used to have them listed as a delegate? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "SMTIT" <SMTIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91E7C8AF-F14D-4ADD-9CE6-E4DD52BB0F54@microsoft.com...

Shared workbook user name list not updating
We have an issue with a shared excel workbook. Basically, when a user exits the spreadsheet, their name is sometimes left in the list of users who are accessing the worksheet. Does anyone know why this happens, and if so, how to stop it? Thanks Jo, When I have seen this, the name has remained in the list because the user shut Excel down abnormally. Usually, the user had used Task Manager to abort Excel, or they thought their workstation had "frozen" and they just rebooted. I don't know how to prevent this, but you can open the file from time to time and clean out the na...

Importing Leads & automatically creating an activity for a user
We’re just getting started with MS CRM 1.2 and I’m trying to figure out how to automate the lead import and activity assignment process. I’m importing 100 leads a day (advertisement mailers) into CRM and I want to create phone call activities for a user/salesman at the point of import automatically. I also need to keep track of when the lead’s mailer was mailed. How can I do this? Thanks, Mark You can create a workflow rule using workflow manager. Yuu can set if for a lead create event and then automatically create an activity which will be attached to the lead. To track when a ma...

How do I convert from keynote (Mac) to powerpoint?
I have .key presentation files created in Keynote for iMac (no idea which version) which I need to convert into PowerPoint format. is there a conversion facility within PowerPoint? On 3/30/10 11:55 PM, Romi208 wrote: > I have .key presentation files created in Keynote for iMac (no idea which > version) which I need to convert into PowerPoint format. > is there a conversion facility within PowerPoint? Do you have Keynote? Keynote has an option to export in a PowerPoint format (File > Export). I don't think PowerPoint even acknowledges that Keynote exists so it ca...

Excel Worksheet menu bars customizing for limiting users to optio.
Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options provided in that menu Hi Jim Look also at the links to MS pages on the bottom of this page http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8009001-5F5A-4415-9527-34C71D8DF1DB@microsoft.com... > Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options > provided in that menu ...

I love you both
Dear mom and dad, Good night hope you sleep well so I love you so much!!!!!!!!!! So tomorrow I am going to finish cleaning my playroom. So for easter can we go out for supper if there is somewhere that's open. Well bye love you both XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX A newsgroup orphan? Evi "Drew Smith" <drewdSmith@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:e88goH9iIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Dear mom and dad, > Good night hope you sleep well so I love you so much!!!!!!!!!! > So tomorrow I am going to finish cleaning my playroom. > So for easter can we...

Cannot change user passwords in SBS 2003
Hello, I cannot change passwords for any domain user in SBS "Active Directory Users and Computers". The steps are: 1. Start/Run 2. dsa.msc 3. Go to mydomain.local\MyBusiness\Users\SBSUsers 4. Right click on any user 5. Select "Reset password" 6. I enter the new password and click on OK 7. I get the error: Active Directory Windows cannot complete the password change for "username" because: A device attached to the system is not functioning. Same thing happens if I go through Server Management\Users. dcdiag does not give any errors. I s...

Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Office 2004 for Mac?
Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Mac Office 2004? There is no such add-in, sorry. For the time being, you will need to use an application that can read ODF files, such as OpenOffice, NeoOffice, or even TextEdit (in Leopard), and save the files in a format that can be understood by Mac Office. On 19/11/2007 19:40, in article 4fd31d29-e4ff-4afb-ad53-548a84b2d56e@s36g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "amador" <albertoribas30@gmail.com> wrote: > Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Mac Office > 2004? -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Off...

Remote users
Hi, does anyone know if there is a white paper available for Sales for Outlook and remote users, i.e. what is the recomended broadband connection speed for users connecting from a remote location and how long will it take to syncronize their data (average user)? To my knowledge, there is not a writeup that covers this. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:22:43 +1000, "Marlen" <m_fowler31@hotmail.com> wrote: Hi, does anyone know if there is a white paper available for Sales for Outlook and remo...

get end user agreement every time i sign on to outlook must accept
must accept end user agreement every time i get on outlook since i downloaded windows 7 and reloaded office 2003 Start Outlook or any other Office 2003 application with administrator privileges once and accept the EULA. For step-by-step instructions see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/166 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "accept end user agreement before submitt&qu...

users with same alias
Hi gurus. I have exchange 2000 on a w2k server, I would like to know if the following is possible: I have to domain users (user1 and user2) each one of them has their own primary smtp account. everything works fine, but I need the following I want to give away an email address(xxxx@xxxx.com) and I want that when this email arrives to the exchange, it gets delivered to user1 and user2. I tryied to setup an alias but it does not allow me to create the same alias two different users How can I do this? Thanks gurus Create a UDG with user1 and user 2 as members. Give the smtp address ...

Mac address on vista
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to find the mac address for my wireless card in vista. I'm having some difficulty as neither ipconfig /all nor wireless card properties from device manager seems to have the info. I know I could physically look at the card and get the number, but I would really like to learn how to find it through the software. Thanks. This works in WinXP, may be the same in Vista: Open a Command Prompt window and enter: getmac /v Good luck! "capitan" <me39@privacy.net> wrote in message news:5Qm3n.4381$Mv3.2342@newsfe05.i...

Silly question
on our exchange backend, the applied policy has a time limit set for deleted items to retain them for 2 days. What i need to know is what exactly 2 days mean, is it the time from the actual moment the item is deleted, or will it mean that the moment 2 days pass on the calender the items will be removed? the policy is based on the modification time, which is when the item is put into the deleted items folder. "chrisste24" <chrisste24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F72DCD4-CB76-4BFD-B0AD-32005D165C23@microsoft.com... > on our exchange backend, the ap...

Outlook crash for some users after move mailboxes to new server on Exchange 2003 SP2
Hello All, In weekend i moved ~1500 users mailboxes from old server with Exchange 2003 SP1 to new server with fresh install of Exchange 2003 SP2. Some users works fine, but some have problems with Outlook 2003 - when they starts Outlook and try just walk from one folder to another : Outlook crashes and restarts with errors in application event log : -------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 11 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 2006.02.27 Time: 11:31:53 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXXX Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11...

MSCRM 1.2
In my test lab, I added a domain user via the Deployment Management snap-in. I later realized that the user's name was misspelled and deleted the account from AD. The user however was not deleted from CRM. In the settings portion of the CRM interface I saw the misspelled user and deleted him from there and yet the user still appears in the Deployment Manager snap-in. How can I delete or at least free up the license? thanks, Sean You can't delete users in CRM, but you can recover the license. Open the user record under crm settings, go to licenses, click manage, and remove the ...

MAC Entorage and GAL
I can't get the GAL to come up inside a users MAC Entorage client. He is our only MAC user, everyone else is win2k-xp. Any ideas? "BMac" <bcmchenry@nmrc.state.ms.us> wrote in news:eGEfXL#eFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > I can't get the GAL to come up inside a users MAC Entorage client. He > is our only MAC user, everyone else is win2k-xp. Any ideas? Other than the obvious (ditch the mac? grin) I'd suggest making sure that LDAP is enabled on the Exchange server. Here is a link for you: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/exchange/compare.html Regards, -...

Import Word documents from PC to Mac?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I'm going from PC to Mac. I have placed all my Word docs into one folder and copied it to a flash drive. I now have that flash drive in the Mac. How do I import all my Word docs into Mac's Word? Use the application called "Finder" to move the files from the flash drive (you should see it on the list) onto the mac. I have a subfolder under "Documents" called "Writing" which holds most docs. You could perhaps do same. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 28/01/10 17:30, ascott@of...

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

For the Love of God !!!
ok, there are 583 people with questions and, oh, about 4 with answers so I probably won't be one of the lucky few, but here goes: One Outlook email account continually tries to download an incoming mail (1.72 KB) but never finishes. I can temporarily cancel it but returns at next send/receive. Is there ANY way to remedy this problem? Thanks, I feel so much better now. >-----Original Message----- >ok, there are 583 people with questions and, oh, about 4 with answers so I probably won't be one of the lucky few, but here goes: One Outlook email account continually tries...

Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition Installation
How many computers can I legally install my Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition on? I would like to install it on two desktop computers and one laptop computer that are networked togther. On 8/4/09 4:43 PM, in article 0475019F-3E84-45C1-AF7D-1FD88D3DA149@microsoft.com, "Eric Ogawa" <ebogawaatyahoo.com> wrote: > How many computers can I legally install my Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac > Special Media Edition on? I would like to install it on two desktop > computers and one laptop computer that are networked togther. > One computer and one lapt...

Linked activities for users??
Is there anyway to see all the linked activities (sent/received email, etc) for a User in CRM? For contacts, they have the activities tab. For Users, I don't see anything. Do you have to go search the entire Activities list? In Workplace you can display Activities. The default views do not include a 'user' (Owner), but using the method below you can modify the 'All Activities' view to include the Owner ans then sort by Owner to get all their activities displayed. Open a web browser on the crm server and copy the required link into the browser - replace crmserver w...