how to enter registration key for mac microsoft office 2004

i bought microsoft office 2003 for my pc, but i just got a macbook and
i'm wondering if the registration key would be compatible for the mac
so i don't need to buy the software again.

also, how do i even enter the registration key for mac microsoft
office 2004?

In article <1171140549.327044.38510@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 ccchristiannn@gmail.com wrote:

> i bought microsoft office 2003 for my pc, but i just got a macbook and
> i'm wondering if the registration key would be compatible for the mac
> so i don't need to buy the software again.

You can run Office 2003 via Parallels or BootCamp. You can use the same
key, though you'll have to reactivate it.

To run MacOffice2004 you'll need to purchase a copy with a license.

> also, how do i even enter the registration key for mac microsoft
> office 2004?

When MacOffice starts up you'll be asked to enter the CD key.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
2/10/2007 11:40:04 PM
It sounds like you hope the Mac Office Test Drive could be converted
into a real version by entering a registration key. It can't.  The test
drive is a different program. In fact, it is ESSENTIAL that you remove
it before installing a real version, if you choose to buy.  Use the
Remove Office tool in the Test Drive folder in Applications.

ccchristiannn@gmail.com wrote:
> i bought microsoft office 2003 for my pc, but i just got a macbook and
> i'm wondering if the registration key would be compatible for the mac
> so i don't need to buy the software again.
>
> also, how do i even enter the registration key for mac microsoft
> office 2004?

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

is office home and student compatible with Windows 7
Will Office Hime and Student 2007 run properly with Windows 7 -- John Yes John wrote: > Will Office Hime and Student 2007 run properly with Windows 7 "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24978942-9A0D-42DB-8B07-14B30B1CF53D@microsoft.com... > Will Office Hime and Student 2007 run properly with Windows 7 > -- > John John, Do you really think Microsoft would release a new Operating System that was incompatible with their best selling software ? "Skiffle" <skiffle@doesnt.exist> wrote in messa...

Office 2004 upgrade #2
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3189969698_43795 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I just upgraded to Office 2004 from Office X. Using the install CD is found my old info and that worked fine. I also asked it to delete old versions of office. I came up with Office X. It moved everything to the trash and asked me to just empty the trash. I did, but now I am getting errors in the trash telling me that the operation cannot ...

Microsoft Money 2002 #2
I wish to use Money 2002 to write and print personal checks. I am unable to figure out how to configure the blank checks (can't even find them) with our names, address, and phone number, and the bank's name, address, id number, and our account number. I have the printable blank checks, but without the above information, they are impossible to use. Can somebody please help me? Money will not print that information. You must buy printed check forms that have the bank information, your account number, etc, just as you do for your hand-written checks. If you bought VersaCheck bl...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Onkey vs Macro Short cut key
Is there a benefit to using the macro short cut key in macro options vs coding a key combo using Onkey? Thanks Richard -- rgarber50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rgarber50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11350 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385952 I don't think there is a huge difference but with the macro options approach the shortcut is almost always there. For instance it takes a macro to run to set the Onkeys but not for macro options. And to extend ...

OWA on a MAC
I have a user who uses a MAC at home and is trying to access his company email through OWA. He reports that he is unable to reply to any email. Any suggestions, short of dumping the MAC? A lot more info would help - as would posting to a more relevant newsgroup, such as m.p.exchange.clients. OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook.....if you post there, include any relevant details (Mac OS version, what browser, what errors, any popup blockers in place, version of Exchange, etc) J Michel wrote: > I have a user who uses a MAC at home and is trying to > access his company email through...

produt key
i got the cd microsoft office 2003 but when i try it ask me for a 25 digit product key could you pls help me The product key should be with the CD. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" <hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E585FDC-301E-4759-9074-116902486905@microsoft.com... > i got the cd microsoft office 2003 but when i try it ask me for a 25 digit > product key could you pls help me > ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Can't install back up data on Microsoft Money 2001after crash
My computer crashed last week. I have reinstalled my Microsoft Money 2001 software. I have the back up data on two floppies. But I cannot get the back up data to transfer to the Microsoft Money 2001 program. I get the back up data to my C drive but no further. I have read the "Getting the Most from Microsoft Money 2001" and I followed the instructions carefully, but the instructions seem to be only for restoring the data to the hard drive, not to the Microsoft Money 2001 program. HELP! What are you doing? File|Restore in Money? If the backup was made by Money, what'...

Office Outlook 2007
We have a new laptop, freshly formatted. We installed Win XP. Office 2003. We then upgraded to Office 2007. We then go to install the CRM OL Client and we get the message ...The installed version of the Microsoft Outlook client is not supportedy by the Microsoft CRM Client. We are using the CRM OL Client 2007 image that they made for Office compatibility. Grateful for any suggestions. You might want to verify that the version of CRM in your image is the V3C version. The correct version should be : 3.0.5300.1361. -- Arne Marquez Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "A...

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server 02-21-07
Hello ALL, I have a problem with my CRM Client for Outlook. The CRM Server 3.0 is on a Windows 2003. Wenn I add in IIS 6.0 the server name (FQDN and NETBIOS NAME) as a multiple identities and remove the default web site i can access to server with the CRM Outlook client but I cannot access anymore with the CRM Web Client. And wenn I remove the server name (FQDN and NETBIOS NAME) and put back the default web site the Web client is working but not the CRM client for Outlook. Error in CRM client for outlook: The microsoft CRM Server is unavailable. There is a problem communicating with th...

Is anything needed if I only load Word & Excel from Office XP Sta.
I totally crashed my hard drive trying to download XP Svc Pk 2. It was NOT oriented for beginners like me! I ended up spending big $$$ getting my PC to work lost all my old data. Now I'm TERRIFIED at trying to download ANYTHING from MS! If I've ONLY downloaded MS Word & Excel from Office XP Standard is it really necessary for me to download all that stuff (or any of it) on the Office homepage? ...

License/Install key- how to change....
Does anyone know how to change or delete the software key (ID)? I've installed Office with a key that was accidentally installed on another machine, so I have a duplicate, and I can't run both at the same time. I've purchased another license, but can't see how to get rid of the old key.<br> <br> I've tried to uninstall/reinstall, but that does not delete the software ID- does anyone know how to do this? Office 2008, see here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/version/license_version.html#reset Office 2004, see here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.ht...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

Moving Office 2007 Pro OEM to new computer
Hi, I've got a customer that wants to buy Office 2007 Pro OEM CD/License and install and activate it on their current computer. In about 6 months, they plan on scraping/wiping their current computer and purchasing a new one. Can they then transfer/install and activate their OEM Office 2007 Pro to the new computer and activate it (I'm assuming by calling the activation call center to get a new number)? The old computer will be wiped/junked an no longer functional. Thanks No. OEM is good for that specific machine. Once it dies, that's it. That's why it ...

Office 98 (Mac) files in Office 2008 (Mac)
I am helping a friend who has upgraded for a G3 Mac to a G5 Mac. She had Office 98 on the old Mac and has purchased Office 2008 for the new Mac. When she attempts to open her old files she gets a dialog box asking her what format she wants to open the files in. RTF, Word etc. No matter which one she chooses she gets garbled files. HELP. On 2/26/08 12:02 PM, in article ee8edd1.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "cerwelt@officeformac.com" <cerwelt@officeformac.com> wrote: > I am helping a friend who has upgraded for a G3 Mac to a G5 Mac. She had > Office 98 on the old Mac and ha...

Microsoft Security Bulletin Release for January 2004
Follow up set to microsoft.public.security... Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletins. Note: �www.microsoft.com/technet/security and �www.microsoft.com/security are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins! ANY e-mail, web board or newsgroup posting (including this one) should be verified by visiting these sites for official information. Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments. These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft.com download center or Windows Update. See the individual bulletins for details. Because some m...

Microsoft Money has stopped working
I have MS Money 2003 Standard. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows Vista Business and when I load Money it seems to work fine with the blank Money file installed as standard. As soon as I try to open one of my files, it tries to update the database to the current version which seems weird as it is the same disc installation I was using on my XP machine. Just after the "update" starts it gives me the "Microsoft Money has stopped working" error and tries to contact Microsoft for a reason. No reason comes back so it restarts Money. Please help as I really need ...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

clip art appears invisible in Microsoft Publisher documents
When I insert clip art or pictures in Microsoft Publisher, I can't see the clipart/picture in the document. The picture will print out but when I'm designing the document I can't see the clipart/picture. Why is this? View, pictures, detailed display... If this isn't the solution, you may need to upgrade your video driver. Do this to see if the driver is indeed the problem Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.or...

Office 2007 beta 2
Hi, I've downloaded Office 2007 beta 2, and there are System Requirements: - Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack (SP) 2 or later or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (or higher) required. I'm using Windows 2000 Professional SP4. Can I use Office 2007 on my machine? Thnx. Hello Alex, > Hi, > I've downloaded Office 2007 beta 2, and there are System Requirements: > - Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack (SP) 2 or later > or > Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (or higher) required. > I'm using Windows 2000 Professional SP4. Can I use O...