How to backup Office files

I want to backup my mail and calendar contents but don't know where the
files are located. Does anyone no where the equivalent of the .pst
files from the Windows world exist.

Bob Gillen

In article <1137120101.322845.214710@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 bob.gillen@gmail.com wrote:

> I want to backup my mail and calendar contents but don't know where the
> files are located. Does anyone no where the equivalent of the .pst
> files from the Windows world exist.

Yes.

Look for

    ~:Documents:Microsoft User Data:Office <X/2004> Identities:<your
account name>:Database

where ~ is your home directory.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
1/13/2006 5:45:32 AM
Found it. Thanks.

Receiving "Unknown" error opening DB tables (Office 2003 SP3)
I am receiving an error opening tables that only says "Unknown" and I cannot run the create table wizard. Here is what I have done so far: 1. I have reinstalled Office 2003, and upgraded to SP3. 2. The DB is written in Access 2000 and the default file format has been set to Access 2000. 3. Forms, Queries, and Reports all work well. 4. I cannot open a table, run it in design view or run the create table wizard. 5. I have not been able to install KB829558 for Microsoft Jet Pack 4.0. I receive an error saying this hotfix is older than the one installed on the PC. Has an...

Backup
When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I am getting the message: Unhandled Script Exception Script '[693]()' not found Exception_Class_Script_Missing Script_CMD_Userfunc I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me resolve this. Can anyone help me? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I >am getting the message: > >Unhandled Script Exception >Script '[693]()' not found >Exception_Class_Script_Missing >Script_CMD_Userfunc > >I cannot find anything in the Knowle...

Populate a .eml file
Is it possible to use mail merge in a .eml file using outlook? By this I mean, could I have outlook 1.Automatically email, say, ten different addresses, unattended by me and 2. Populate fields within the body of the email, based on a database or excel spreadsheet? Thanks, Ike It sounds like you are talking about a mail merge, and no, you cannot run one unattended. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and f...

VBA: Open Most Current File In Specified Folder
I'm setting up a module that will grab a specific .xls and organize it for production as well as load the information into Crystal for archiving. In the past, I have always directed the user to save the .xls as "AnyFileName" in a specific folder and the module would pick it up at a scheduled time. This has me relying on the user to not make any mistakes in naming the file. Is there a produre in VBA that will open the most current file in a specified folder? The macro below should work OK. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub FindNewestFile() With Application.FileSearch '// ...

Executing specific files at a certain time of the day.
Do you know of any software that can be programmed to launch certain files at certain times of the day? For example: At 9:00am it will execute 900am.exe and at 9:30am it will execute 930am.exe and so on. I am looking for any software or custom program that can launch any file I choose at the time that I choose. Thank you in advance for any help you can give, Mike You can use scheduled tasks, which is provided by windows, on the control panel. "Mike Smith" <mike@wn2000.com> wrote in message news:4c5e01c34176$935455f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Do you know of any softwa...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

Group Policy Backup
Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? Howdie! Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat: > Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core > machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download them seperately: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en There should be plenty of scripting that...

Out of Office Assistant is not visible, where to find?
I have Office 2002 and although the Help section says to find the autoresponder under Tools/Out of Office Assistant - it's not there. Is there somewhere I can access this functionaliy? Or is it not really included in the product? Thanks... "Eric" <efriedma@aol.com> wrote in message news:047501c3d850$e245bbb0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have Office 2002 and although the Help section says to > find the autoresponder under Tools/Out of Office > Assistant - it's not there. > > Is there somewhere I can access this functionaliy? Or is > it not really inclu...

Office apps will not run after upgrading to Office 12.1.9
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Whenever I launch Word (or any of the Office apps), I get an error message which says, "You cannot open the application "Microsoft Word" because it is not supported on this architecture. And for each app, the icon changes to the circle with a slash. As I recall, everything was fine under 12.1.7 prior to the upgrade. I subsequently ran a utility to repair the permissions (per a previous post with the same error with 12.1.7 on a PPC platform). No luck there. OSX is at 10.5.7 Appending the original post, I ...

MS Office Picture Manager
Help! I am running XP and MS Office 2003. I have a new problem - whenever I try to open jpg files that were sent to me in an Outlook Email, I cannot open them by clicking on the attached jpg file. I know the file is okay, because if I save the jpg that gets emailed to me, then open it elsewhere (say, from my desktop or from my documents) it works fine then....but whenever I try to open that same file straight from an email that was received....I get the following error message: "MS Office Picture Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the...

Office Clipboard Help!
1) How can I get my office clipboard to STAY on my new email message window? I have to click View, Clipboard with every new email and its getting frustrating! 2) How can I change my settings to only copy things to the clipboard when I hit cntrl C twice? 3) How can I change the font on the copied items that are IN my clipboard already? Thank you!! ...

backup to a file?
hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng. So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily) I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if needed) thanks!!! Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you can copy whereever. -- Thanks, Bria...

App_hang on splitting E-file transaction
OS: Vista 64bit I keep getting an app_hang when I try to split a downloaded transaction into 2 other split transactions. Specifically, the 2 splits are loan payments (hence split into interest + principal) written on a single check. Whenever I go to change the downloaded cleared check to reference the 2 seperate loan payments, the application hangs. When I re-start money the transaction keeps getting downloaded again and then hangs the app again when I try to split. You should fix that :P ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugges...

Great Plains Backup
Is it possible to schedule a GP backup? If yes how can this be done? You can schedule backups for system and company databases to occur on the days and the times that you specify. Only a system administrator can open the Schedule Backup window to schedule database backups. To schedule a database backup: 1. Open the Schedule Backup window. (File >> Backup >> Schedule button) 2. Enter a name for the schedule. 3. Select the company to back up. The path where the database will be backed up is displayed. You can modify the path, as needed. 4. Mark the days to ...

Office Clipboard #2
Can you disable the office clipboard and revert to using the windows clipboard? ...

Backup
I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full mode Around 10 days before. After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup one table has around 1000 records.Now Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion now it has Around 3000 Records Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up Has the database been in full recovery model all the time since the full backup was taken? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi ...

I can't sent e.mail by office outlook re : error 0x800CCCF6
I cannot sent out E.mail used softwave MC Outlook 2003. Please provide solution for me . Thanks. Are you trying to use an unpaid Hotmail or MSN account? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "sun" wrote: > I cannot sent out E.mail used softwave MC Outlook 2003. Please provide > solution for me . Thanks. ...

Office 2007 Home and Student License key re-activation
Hi I have a copy of Office 2002 H&S. I have installed it on the desktop PC and laptop and I one more laptop which I have yet to install it on. I just replaced the motherboard of the desktop PC and had to clean install XP. If I were to re-install Office 2007 on the desktop PC and then activate it would that use up my last license activation and then I would have to wait 90 days before installing it on the other laptop. If you are allowed to re-activate every 90 days on a different PC (because of upgrade etc) how does it know which PC you are upgrading or does the 90 day...

.prf files incompatible with multiple Global Address lists
I m running an Exchange 2003 organization across 2 domains. We have 2 exchange servers. One server hosts mailboxes for one company while the other server hosts multiple organizations(companies). Both servers are under the same administrative group. We've created 1 Global Address List (GAL) for each company according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822940/ . We want to use .prf files to automatically configure Outlook 2003 profiles. The problem I'm running into is that .prf files seem to only use one of the company's GALs to find valid mailboxes. If the user is in another...

Office: mac missing box with CD key
I purchased Office:mac a few years ago but since then the box has been lost. I have the original cd, and the product key. When I try to open the software after installation it requests the CD key and no number I enter works. Is there anything I can do to obtain my CD key and use it now? If you have the CD & the Product Key is the the one that came with it you should be able to install. If you're having a problem simply obtaining a new key will most likely not resolve the issue. There must be something more at play, but to determine what you'll need to supply much more specific ...

NT Backup and other backup issues
I'm getting an error when I try to schedule a backup system every day at a certain time. (0x8070005) I'm using an Admin account. ??? Is there any software that can backup files without changing them into a backup format? If I have 1000 files in 100 folders I'd like to see 1000 files in 100 folders in the backup location. Does any backup software do this? And it would have to be done incrementally so you're not backing up the same thing over and over for nothing. "FrankEdwards" <no@frank.here> wrote in message news:op.vbmurnheq6rutr@-...

opening files error
For some reason, none of my Excel 2003 files will open when I double-click them from a folder or desktop shortcut - the only way I can open a file is to start Excel, click open and browse for the file I want. As a side note, I was recently attempting to get my workbooks to open in separate windows as opposed to multiple files open under the same heading - i.e. I wanted each file to have it's own toolabar, etc. After reading several discussion posts, I tried clicking Tools>Options>View>checking "Windows in Taskbar" and Tools>Options>General>checki...

how can i get a download for image writer save print to tiff file
looking for a fix to office 2007 to be able to save documents using microsoft document image writer that saves files in tif format. "jerry" <jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03513ED1-FC1B-4A0D-B22F-F6D918E156D5@microsoft.com... > looking for a fix to office 2007 to be able to save documents using > microsoft > document image writer that saves files in tif format. My Office 2003 saves in a TIF format ... This is the only format there is. On 3/9/2010 4:53 PM, jerry wrote: > looking for a fix to office 2007 to be able ...

Remove Office X
How do you remove Office X? I have used Windows extensively, but am a=20 novice with Macs. Do you just drag the icons to the trash? Seems like = the=20 program would still be there.=20 Thanks In article <178f001c44915$89af1470$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you remove Office X? I have used Windows extensively, but am a > novice with Macs. Do you just drag the icons to the trash? Seems like the > program would still be there. > Try running the Remove Office application in the Value Pack folder on ...