How do I Install Office:mac 2004 Upgrade on new iMac

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

I have Office:mac Upgrade Professional Edition installed on my G3 running OS 10.4.11 and am trying to install the program on my new iMac with Intel Duo processors. I am unable to transfer the application over from the G3 because I don't have enough access privileges. (The system (both macs) ran for 13 hours supposedly transferring files, after which it managed to transfer 1 application. All files that were transferred deny me access privileges.) They're my machines - I am the only user of both machines. I have Word 6, Office Mac:2001 (Upgrade) and my latest purchase of Office 2004.

How do I install this 2004 version of Office on my iMac?

Thanks!
0
Ron_in_PG (1)

"Ron_in_PG@officeformac.com" wrote:

> How do I install this 2004 version of Office on my iMac?

Install from the CD. It will install the necessary files like fonts,
Spotlight importers etc. Be sure to upgrade. There is an 11.5.0 combo
updater. After that there is one small 11.5.1 updater.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/downloads/mactopia_dl.html>

You can copy over your Microsoft User Data folder. If you have permissions
problems. Let Entourage create a new Microsoft User Data folder and check
the permissions on it with the one you dragged over. Set permissions
correctly on your old files and you should be good to go.

--
Diane

0
diane7495 (1195)
9/10/2008 1:23:25 AM
On Sep 9, 6:23=A0pm, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
wrote:
> "Ron_in...@officeformac.com" wrote:
> > How do I install this 2004 version of Office on my iMac?
>
> Install from the CD. It will install the necessary files like fonts,
> Spotlight importers etc. Be sure to upgrade. There is an 11.5.0 combo
> updater. After that there is one small 11.5.1 updater.
>
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/downloads/mactopia_dl.html>
>
> You can copy over your Microsoft User Data folder. If you have permission=
> problems. Let Entourage create a new Microsoft User Data folder and check
> the permissions on it with the one you dragged over. Set permissions
> correctly on your old files and you should be good to go.
>
> --
> Diane

Thank you Diane. I will give that a shot. When using the 2004 Upgrade
Install, Office checks for existing versions of office on the system.
In this case it would not find one. Should I drag it over from the
other computer (the G3) first?

Thanks!
0
rprochot (1)
9/10/2008 5:09:01 PM
"Ron" wrote:

> Thank you Diane. I will give that a shot. When using the 2004 Upgrade
> Install, Office checks for existing versions of office on the system.
> In this case it would not find one. Should I drag it over from the
> other computer (the G3) first?

If you have the pre-2004 CD, just launch it and point to it when it asks for
the previous version. The 2004 install is looking not for your installed
2004, but for Office X or 2001 or any older version.

If you don't need Exchange, when you upgrade to Office 2008 get the Home &
Student version for less than $130. No more bothering with finding the old
versions.

Amazon with free shipping for Home & Student version - $129.99

<http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>

--
Diane

0
diane7495 (1195)
9/10/2008 6:44:03 PM
Thanks Diane. IT WORKED REAL SLICK! :)

For anyone that might be reading this the trick is to:
1) Install from the new UPGRADE CD
2) Follow the Instructions
3) When instructed insert the original CD (E.g. Office:mac Upgrade 2001)
4) Browse to the Microsoft Office FOLDER on the original 'CD' (POINTING TO THE 'CD' does not work)
5) Install the updates (which in my case were fully automatic).

Thank you for making this one of the easiest installs I've ever experienced with Microsoft Office - going back all the way back to Word v4.0.
Thanks for the exact instructions. Glad you are happy. Next step be sure you
have a good backup strategy. It is not advised to let Time Machine backup
Entourage. If Entourage is open and being written to during a backup the
copy can be corrupt. Since Time Machine does this hourly, Entourage will
most likely be in use when backed up. See these alternatives.

Entourage and Time-Machine-like backup (creates chronological backup of
Identity can be used by both Tiger and Leopard allowing you to roll back to
previous dated backups.

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/entourage_and_time_machine.html>

Alternative method to use Entourage and Time Machine (does a once a day or
whatever time period you select) This quits Entourage and the Microsoft
Database daemon allowing for once a day backup into Time Machine.

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/alternative_method_to_use_entourage_
and_time_machine.html>

--
Diane

"" wrote:

> Thanks Diane. IT WORKED REAL SLICK! :)
>
> For anyone that might be reading this the trick is to:
> 1) Install from the new UPGRADE CD
> 2) Follow the Instructions
> 3) When instructed insert the original CD (E.g. Office:mac Upgrade 2001)
> 4) Browse to the Microsoft Office FOLDER on the original 'CD' (POINTING TO THE
> 'CD' does not work)
> 5) Install the updates (which in my case were fully automatic).
>
> Thank you for making this one of the easiest installs I've ever experienced
> with Microsoft Office - going back all the way back to Word v4.0.

0
diane7495 (1195)

RE-Installing

Outlook 2000 upgrade problems
I'm currently on Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627), (but Belarc says I've still got v 9.0.6604) having installed a proffered "improvement" from Microsoft. I can see several changes, including a) an inability now to display new address book entries in the form "Smith, John" rather than John Smith; and b) an inability to send emails from any of my mailboxes - it now insists on sending from my default mailbox on behalf of the other mailbox. Can anyone advise whether, and how, I can revert to the previous version? Thanks in anticipation ...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Hyperlink to Open in a New Window
I'm really hoping someone can help me. I've created a web page with hyperlinks. The hyperlinks work, but I need them to open in a new window. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do this, but I'm sure there is a way. Thank you so much in advance. Damon -- mojave250 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mojave250's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=8287 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1826078 http://www.officehelp.in Reference: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/H...

Value Pak Installer

Copy Excel Custom Menus to New Computer
Hi Can anyone tell me if I can copy my Custom menus from excel 2003 to my new computer and how to do it. regards Iain Will you be doing a full install of Office on your new computer? If not, pick out the parts that pertain to your question(the *.XLB file mainly) You thought this was going to be easy, didn't you?<g> Toolbar and Menu customizations are stored in your xxxxxx.XLB file where xxxxxx is version-dependent name. Excel 97.....username.xlb Excel 2000...Excel9.xlb Excel 2002...Excel10.xlb Excel 2003...Excel11.xlb Note: there may be other customizations you want to...

Installation #4

MS Project for Mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I saw something recently about MS Project for Mac now if you use Entourage. However I cannot seem to locate where I found this information or the link, etc. Has anyone else seen this? Does this exist or is the Entourage 2008 version now have "MS Project" type features? Thoughts? On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:12:11 -0400, nprefer@officeformac.com wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I saw something recently about MS Project for Mac now if you use Entourage. > However I cannot s...

The New Release of RMS
When is this supposed to be comming...anyone??? I heard that RMS Partners were getting a copy of RMS 3.0 in July...of 07' I am pretty sure that didn't happen! -- Thank You Vince :) I think July of 2007 is when 2.0 was released to the public. I havent even read anything about new features and such of 3.00. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:ED6C522B-8E7B-4018-9F23-CD78CE32C500@microsoft.com... > When is this supposed to be comming...anyone??? I heard that RMS Partners > were getting a copy of RMS 3.0 in July...of 07' I ...

Add-In Is Not Valid Office Add-In Error Message
When I bootup Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), I get the following error message: 'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Add-Ins\' is not a valid Office add-in. I also get this message when I open Outlook 2000, click on the Tools menu, click on Options, click on the Other tab, click on the Advanced Options button, and then click on the COM Add-Ins button. Would appreciate any help anyone may have to fix this problem. --Eric Ogawa This problem has been addressed in: "OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Add-in Starting Outlook" http://support.microsoft.com/supp...

Password Problem 2004
I just purchased Money 2004 and am trying to open my "My Money.mny" file from Money 200. It keeps asking for a password. I tried entering my password from 2000 and it doesn't work. How do I access my old files? I don't want to lose 3 years of info. I checked and it's not a read-only file. I tried restoring it and that also asks for a password. I tried uninstalling 2004 and reinstalling and that didn't help either. Please help. I've read all through this board and other people seem to have this problem too. Usually the answer is that they are tr...

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

Changing new mail defaults
Hi, I've created & saved some outlook 2003 e-mail templates. We can you them by going new => Choose form but i'm wondering if theres anything i can change to make the new button default to that. thanks, Nick http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nick asked: | Hi, | I've created & save...

CRM SBS install error

Re: Entourage for Mac Error
Thanks very much. I went into my account and unchecked all the boxes I the Receiving mail menu except for "This POP service requires a secure secure connection (SSL)" and it seems to work now. Allan On 10-01-11 8:34 PM, in article C77111AD.21F14%EntourageHelp@gmail.com, "Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com" <Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com> wrote: > On 1/11/10 1:17 PM, in article C770FF97.2A36%jigtime@sympatico.ca, "Allan > Meltzer" <jigtime@sympatico.ca> wrote: > >> Today, all of >> a sudden, I can not access my...

Microsoft Office
Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? Thanks MC You certainly should be able to I have xp home and have xl95, xl97sr2, and xl2002 all installed on mine. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MCabot" <ICC@zoomtown.com> wrote in message news:d57c1$43074b60$453dae72$5006@FUSE.NET... > Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? > > > > Thanks > MC > > Not sure what you mean by "dell XP", but see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217883 "Description of the system requirements for all editions of Office 200...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...