how do I insert a contact into an Entourage mail message?

Hello all,
I'm running Office 2004 in OS 10.3.8, and use Entourage as my primary
email program.

I keep all my email addresses in the Entourage address book.

Many times a day, I send someone an email in which I want to insert
someone else's email address.
The fastest way I've found to do it is click on the cc: line, start
typing the name of the person whose address I want to insert, click on
the right address from the pop-up, then drag it from the cc: line into
the body of the email.

The obvious problem with this system is that sometimes I forget to go
back up to the cc: line and delete the address I've inserted, and end
up sending the email to that person as well. This is occasionally very
embarassing, and I keep vowing to stop using this shortcut.

Does any out there know a fast, easy way (preferably via a keyboard
shortcut or apple script) to insert an Entourage contact into the body
of an Entourage mail message, without opening the address book, copying
and pasting, etc?

I would be very grateful for a workaround or script for this. I've
search every forum I can find and haven't found a solution yet.

cheers,
Avi

0
avi.lewis (4)

On 9/24/05 5:13 PM, in article
1127607219.912875.216540@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, "Avi"
<avi.lewis@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm running Office 2004 in OS 10.3.8, and use Entourage as my primary
> email program.
>
> I keep all my email addresses in the Entourage address book.
>
> Many times a day, I send someone an email in which I want to insert
> someone else's email address.
> The fastest way I've found to do it is click on the cc: line, start
> typing the name of the person whose address I want to insert, click on
> the right address from the pop-up, then drag it from the cc: line into
> the body of the email.

I often do the same thing.

> The obvious problem with this system is that sometimes I forget to go
> back up to the cc: line and delete the address I've inserted, and end
> up sending the email to that person as well. This is occasionally very
> embarassing, and I keep vowing to stop using this shortcut.

Oops. I don't think I've done that one yet - at least there have been no
repercussions.

> Does any out there know a fast, easy way (preferably via a keyboard
> shortcut or apple script) to insert an Entourage contact into the body
> of an Entourage mail message, without opening the address book, copying
> and pasting, etc?

I wish it were faster, but my script "Open Contact Name X"*, which you call
via cmd-opt-O. opens the contact when you type in a few letters of of a
contact's first or last name. (You're better doing last name: if there's
more than one contact with those letters you have to choose which in a
list.) You can then copy the name or email address off the contact summary.
I suppose I could add one line to put the Full Name <email address> onto the
clipboard without your having to copy anything, so you could just paste if
that's what you want.

* You can get it at

 MacScripter.net   <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/>

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP MacOffice

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Microsoft Office you are using -
**2004**, X  or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions
otherwise.

0
berkowit (221)
9/25/2005 2:50:41 PM
I see your point on the speed! I guess the script is looking through
every contact for a match...
Although it is slower than our oops-prone cc:line solution, it would
still be a great alternative if you added that line to copy the Full
Name <email address> to the clipboard.
Thanks for this, and for all your great scripts!
avi

0
avi.lewis (4)

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

Outlook2003 export of mail
If I export my mail to a *.pst file can Outlook2000 import it? I have tried this (even tho my O2K is on an exchange server) I cant seem to import my mail. On a related note, I have heard that MS is doing things of this nature to sorta "force" you to upgrade. Meaning that the newer apps change the data in question so that previous versions can't access it. FYI - I heard that in a Micheal's Minute (LindosOS) Thanks for your help and I hope all the above is NOT true. C I have the same problem. I have been unable to import 2003 .pst files into Outlook 2000. Would have been n...

Insert trigger

Send bulk e-mail messages from Campaign
"Every company wants an easy way to gather a list of leads or customers, send a mass e-mailing, and track responses." We are stumped! For the life of us we cannot figure out how to create a bulk email action in a campaign for a list of accounts. Does anyone have a quick step by step? The online help is horrible! We have been able to create a bulk email and send it to a group via advanced find but it doesn't allow us to tie it back to a campaing. The quick campaign builds the email but doesn't send it. So who has the figured out? We have spent 2 solid weeks on this an...

Outlook 2000 will not save new contacts
For the past two weeks I have been trying to figure out why I cannot get Outlook 2000 to save new contact information. This started as an intermittent problem that now has progressed to permanent status. When I try to save any new contact information I get the " Outlook has encountered a problem & needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." message dialog box. I send the error message and the program closes. I am now at the place where Outlook is unusable for any new contact information. I have run the repair outlook routine without success. I suspect the .pst file but ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Can't get audio notification for new mail
I have outlook 2003 set up to get mail from my hotmail account (http server) and I have the audio notification box checked but I get no mail notification (even the Control Panel setting the audio notification set to XP Notify). Thoughts.... Hey I am getting exactly the same problem. Please let me know if you get aby response to your query. Thanks Garry >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2003 set up to get mail from my hotmail >account (http server) and I have the audio notification >box checked but I get no mail notification (even the >Control Panel setting th...

Contacts 09-03-10
Hi all, Can somebody tell me where the contact folder is in Windows Explorer (windows 7) TIA, Irwin Opper It depends. If you upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, it usually keeps a copy of the old Windows Mail contacts in C:\Users\username\Contacts. Since Windows 7 does not natively support Windows Mail, you may have installed a different email program, such as Windows Live Mail, in which case it would have imported those old contacts into its own file structure. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "Irwin...

Does OL have maximum # of contacts?
OL 2002; Windows XP The new entries in Contacts are not appearing trying to address email. After clicking the TO button to get me to the directory of email addresses, new entries are not appearing and haven't been for a couple of months. There are 2,228 contacts. Does anyone know if OL 2002 has a maximum number of entries that Contacts can handle? If not, is there anything I can do with OL 2002 to fix this problem? Thanks, There is not a maximum number of contacts (except with Hotmail and the Outlook Connector, but it doesn't work with Outlook 2002 - the Hotmail li...

Downloads Same POP Messages Repeatedly
I'm using Outlook 2002 (SP3). Messages on my pop server get downloaded repeatedly -- every time I send/receive. This happens only for some messages. The same problem is not occurring on the same server with the same account in Mozilla's mail client, so it's not a POP server issue; rather an Outlook issue. I see several posts here with similar problems, but no solution. Is there one? -billb ...

unable to see messages in outlook 2003
after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in inbox or any of the personal folders, despite successful download from mail server. have also checked filters. i had plenty of issues during setting up outlook with 2007 version & with setting up mail data folders, but it finally worked. any assistance will be appreciated. -- mahim http://forums.slipstick.com "mahim" <mahim.45jx5y@invalid> wrote in message news:mahim.45jx5y@invalid... > after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in > inbox o...

Insert with a where condition

Send campaign e-mails from a queue
Direct e-mail allows e-mails to be sent from a queue using the e-mail address given by the queue. However, I need an unsubscribe option so I am trying to do the same using either a quick campaign or full campaign e-mail activity. However, the system only allows me to send the email either from myself or the owner of the contact record and not from a queue. Is this normal or am I doin something wrong. TIA This is normal. You can use a "test" user account to send out the campaign, or update your CRM user profile's email value. Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Wo...

Insert

Outlook 2003 / Contacts / Flags
Hi! Can anyone help on this one..... I wish to flag over 100 contacts with a follow-up flag. I have listed the relevant contacts through using a filtered view and I had hoped that I could select all the filtered contacts and then flag them.... but apparently not. I have the following observations: 1. My customised toolbar looses the flags in Contact view and I cannot add them to my toolbar. 2. The follow-up flag under Actions is greyed out, but I can use it on a single contact at a time, but it wants me to go through the rigmarole of setting end dates etc,.... (far too long-winded) 3....

how to insert data in a table

>right click >send to >mail recipient
i loaded msn explorer premium..bad idea. anyhow, after its installation, and even after its uninstallation, i lost the functionality of right clicking a file, and sending to a mail recipient. The option is still there, but once i click these items, nothing happens. after spending 1.5 hours with microsoft windows xp tech support...another bad idea, nothing different happens either:O anyone have a solution for this? this article x-posted to: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.publi c.outlook.general follow up to: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general s...

MAil delivery to YAHOO takes along time
Hi, I posted a message yesterday about a problem i was facing when users send to Yahoo accounts. This issue has improved slightly but I still have a problem. My probem now, is that mail gets to yahoo, but not until the next day (or so it seems). This ones really buggin me as i other mail gets to its destination instantly. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) Thanks Dave "Dave Crozier" <mdcrozier@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I posted a message yesterday about a problem i was facing when users send to >Yahoo accounts. > >This issue has improve...

Unable to log on to incoming mail server (POP3)
I have set up a new account in Outlook using my new email address registered with service provider. I do not seem to be sending or receiving emails and when tested in the set up, get this message "Unable to logon to the incoming mail server (POP3)". I have never done this before but have checked the required information and all seems to be correct. Can anyone help? ...

receiving (from some people) mails without body (and they are NOT spam)
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 with Spam Bully (and AVG as anti-virus - although got it with Norton AV too). From some people the mails I receive have no body text. The TO/FROM/SUBJECT is correct but the body is totaly empty. Checking with the senders shows (well they say :-)) that the mail they send was NOT empty. Any ideas what might cause this? dirk. I had a similar problem. I think it is due to some HTML tag. You will not have this when they send plain text email. Try setting Outlook to read all mail as plain text. "Dirk" <dirk@nospam_to_remove_ofcourse.woodsto...