How do I find which Product Key matches which installation?

I have a copy of Office 2004 Professional, which is installed on my
PowerBook G4.  I bought a copy of Office Student for my son's Mac Mini,
but now I can't tell which CD is which.  Is there any way to match the
Product Key on the CD case to the version that's installed on my laptop
so I can install the other one on my son's computer?

In article <1132842260.269303.237580@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
 pat.rudolph@gmail.com wrote:

> I have a copy of Office 2004 Professional, which is installed on my
> PowerBook G4.  I bought a copy of Office Student for my son's Mac Mini,
> but now I can't tell which CD is which.  Is there any way to match the
> Product Key on the CD case to the version that's installed on my laptop
> so I can install the other one on my son's computer?

AFAIK, it's a one-way hash, so you can't recover the CD-key from the
internal Product ID.

OTOH, I don't think it matters which CD you install from as long as you
use the CD-key for the license you're using. I'm not sure there's even a
physical difference between CD's. I've never had a S&T edition, though,
so I could be wrong.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Installation files
I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Kirill wrote: >I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial >version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. >Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. You can download and install the Money 2006 trial version. When Money uses a file with ...

Windows Vista (KB972145) Fail Installation Error Code 80070020
When attempting to instal the Windows Vista (KB972145) I get an installation Failure Status with an error code 80070020. Any suggestions? Miss Mollie wrote: :: When attempting to instal the Windows Vista (KB972145) I get an :: installation Failure Status with an error code 80070020. Any :: suggestions? Some suggestions here: You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825 -- TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services http://taurarian.mvps.org ==============...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Installing a new HD in a Dell that doesn't have a HD. Was: Who has the license for XP, he or I?
As I said in a previous thread, a friend gave me a DELL Inspiron 9600 without the hard drive. It has the Product Key on the side, and it came with XP Pro** SP1, but so far my friend hasn't found the original OEM Dell reinstallation CD. I found one that is for XP Pro, but it's SP2, not SP1. Will it still work? Thanks for your help. **For some reason I thought it had had XP Home on it. BTW, I learned a lot in the previous thread about the ease and difficulties of taking a Dell Ccomputer without a hard drive and fixing it up. New questions and possible proble...

Find (but not find)

Problem in installing file system driver
Hi, I am not able to install my .sys file filter driver.I have written .inf file and while installing this inf file its not giving any error also.Plz help me in solving this. my file filter driver file name is : *****************Here is My .inf file ******************************* [Version] Signature="$Chicago$" Class=MyDriver ClassGuid={286E934F-962E-4e1c-9729-1F65205A094F} Provider=%ADITI% DriverVer=01/22/2004,1.11.1111 [ClassInstall32] Addreg=MyDriverReg [MyDriverReg] HKR,,,,%DisplayClassName% HKR,,Icon,,"-5" [Manufacturer] %ADITI%="Aditi" [SourceDisk...

Using in Bookshop
Greetings, I was wondering if anyone is using Retail Manager in a Bookshop and if so how they went about importing new items that were supplied in ONIX or BISAC format. We get over 600 titles every month that we would want to import and would love to think that someone has already writtena script or something to import into the database the new items.? Regards ...

Finding an event

cannot find database

Protected Forms & Tab Key
How do I create a form that allows users to use the tab key to move from one unprotected cell to the next, vs. having to use the mouse to click? Seems simple, but I can't find the info in MS Help. Thank you. See the info here at Bob Phillips' site. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html There is another method which involves VBA Worksheet event code. If interested in that, post back. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:11:01 -0800, "virgobiker" <virgobiker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I create a form that allows users to u...

Office product key incorrect after reformat of computer
After reformatting my laptop which is running on the Vista OS, I reinstalled microsoft office 2007 standard using the CD provided when I bought my laptop. I could reinstall office 2007 however I am facing problems with activating the product. Each time i keyed in the product key provided on the CD sleeve of the office 2007 CD, i was notified that the product key is incorrect and i have to key in the correct product key. I've tried several times and also rebooted my laptop but to no avail. I have also made sure that I've read all the digits and letters correctly. Is it pos...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

I cant install mesenger
Hi...! I have a seriously problem... When im installing messenger it says: Instalation failed, Error %APPDATA%.... i have tried everything but i cant and i have the same problem when i want to install iTunes, Java and other programs..! I need help..! I really dont know what to do..!:confused: -- ElmerCampos Greetings Elmer, It sounds like something has misconfigured your system. Is that the entire error, or is there more to it (in which case, knowing what it is would be helpful). There's a similar issue which causes Messenger to "forget" saved username an...

Key-Board ShortCut
Is there a Key-Board Shortcut Key (or Combination) to Format a cell (number) as the General format? TIA, <Ctrl> <Shift> <~> To format to General. But ... You might also need: <F2> <Enter> Afterwards. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:Sn0Ud.23235$7z6.23040@lakeread04... Is there a Key-Board Shortcut Key (or Combination) to Format a cell (number) as the Gene...

How do I find the out of office reply?

help installing microsoft office home and student
Version: 2008 I just brought a brand new macbook (white). I already have microsoft office 2008 student and home edition but have left the cd at home in Australia with my family. I'm trying to install it on my macbook - I have the product key but can't seem to find where I can download it online. I don't want to have to purchase it again as I only just brought it in July last year. Can someone help me with where I can find it online to download - everything is upgrades. thanks. jessica82@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > > I just brought a brand new macbook (whit...

Second request
I'm trying to install a purchased version of Dynamics MSPOS 2.0 but keep getting a 'DB Connection Lost' error message when it gets to the step to build a Sample database. I first tried to completely uninstall the Trial Version using Add/ Remove Programs since the person who installed it no longer works for the company and nobody knew the password. Everything uninstalled okay except for the SQL MSPOSINSTANCE. For some reason it won't allow itself to be removed. Is my problem cause because MSPOSINSTANCE is still running somewhere? I just want to start with a clean slate and in...