How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
0
mollycat (1)

On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote:

> How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office
> 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?

Delete these two files:

~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008
Settings.plist

where ~ is your home folder, and

HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist
--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
2/27/2008 2:14:12 AM
Diane,

I just had need of your counsel. Ah, you professionals always make it
look easy-

Many thanks!

0
pndrgnsvc (13)
3/12/2008 12:29:36 PM
Hi. I'm a first time user to Mac so do bear with me. I found OfficePID.plist but not Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist (I went to the location you indicated). I tried to delete just OfficepID.plist, but when I started Word, it came back and the licensee name is still there (which I'm ok with, except that it also shows my password!).
0
Paul_Tan (1)
3/22/2008 3:24:31 AM
If the file was not there, the applications would not run at all.

So go back and have another look. Believe us, it's there somewhere :-)  I
suspect you are confused by the meaning of the tilde character, which means
"Beginning from your home directory".

So mine is in MacHDD:Users:John:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office
2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist

If you have not found both, here is no point in deleting either, since each
contains a backup of the other.

Cheers

On 22/3/08 1:24 PM, in article ee8ee56.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Paul_Tan@officeformac.com" <Paul_Tan@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Hi. I'm a first time user to Mac so do bear with me. I found OfficePID.plist
> but not Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist (I went to the location you
> indicated). I tried to delete just OfficepID.plist, but when I started Word,
> it came back and the licensee name is still there (which I'm ok with, except
> that it also shows my password!).

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
3/23/2008 9:25:44 AM
john, many tks ur explanation was really helpfull and i totally find it easy
for getting my key change

best regards
steven

"John McGhie" wrote:

> If the file was not there, the applications would not run at all.
>
> So go back and have another look. Believe us, it's there somewhere :-)  I
> suspect you are confused by the meaning of the tilde character, which means
> "Beginning from your home directory".
>
> So mine is in MacHDD:Users:John:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office
> 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist
>
> If you have not found both, here is no point in deleting either, since each
> contains a backup of the other.
>
> Cheers
>
> On 22/3/08 1:24 PM, in article ee8ee56.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "Paul_Tan@officeformac.com" <Paul_Tan@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi. I'm a first time user to Mac so do bear with me. I found OfficePID.plist
> > but not Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist (I went to the location you
> > indicated). I tried to delete just OfficepID.plist, but when I started Word,
> > it came back and the licensee name is still there (which I'm ok with, except
> > that it also shows my password!).
>
> --
> Don't wait for your answer, click here: http://www.word.mvps.org/
>
> Please reply in the group.  Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.
>
> John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
> http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
> Sydney, Australia.  S33°53'34.20 E151°14'54.50
> +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
Steve-O (3)
3/24/2008 7:55:00 PM
Wauw, great. Thanks!
0
JvdP (1)
6/25/2008 8:56:02 PM

"Diane Ross" wrote:

> On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
> > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office
> > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
>
> Delete these two files:
>
> ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008
> Settings.plist
>
> where ~ is your home folder, and
>
> HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist
> --
> Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

I deleted both of these files but yet still it does not ask me for a new
product key, I was wondering what else I could do because I did the same
thing for my buddy and as soon as I tried to open word after I deleted the
two files it asked for all of the information again

0
buddyboy (1)
2/16/2009 5:50:01 PM
It would appear that the instructions you used have been adapted from an
earlier version.

Try this procedure here:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?clr=99-4-0&srcid=6a3c3f4f-8401-496e-9
937-57ba89c182231033&ep=9&target=9a229738-5fcd-4c82-a163-bd35845b8ddc1033

Cheers

On 17/02/09 4:50 AM, in article
C4020326-447B-4105-89E3-A2AC0BB7F849@microsoft.com, "buddyboy"
<buddyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> "Diane Ross" wrote:
>
>> On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
>> "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office
>>> 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
>>
>> Delete these two files:
>>
>> ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008
>> Settings.plist
>>
>> where ~ is your home folder, and
>>
>> HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist
>> --
>> Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
>> Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
>> Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>
>>

> I deleted both of these files but yet still it does not ask me for a new
> product key, I was wondering what else I could do because I did the same
> thing for my buddy and as soon as I tried to open word after I deleted the
> two files it asked for all of the information again

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac
Sydney, Australia.   mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
2/17/2009 12:44:06 AM

"mollycat@officeformac.com" wrote:

> How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?

I have tried everything listed below and cannot remove the product key. I am
on Mac OSX 10.5.6
0
lvtwmn (2)
2/24/2009 1:25:01 AM
Where I am seeing your post, there is NOTHING below!!

If you are also in Office 2008, you must quit ALL Office applications, and
then delete both of these files and EMPTY THE TRASH.

   ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008
Settings.plist

where ~ is your home folder, and

   HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist

When you next start any Office app, you'll be asked to re-enter the CD Key
and all your user information.

Cheers

On 24/02/09 12:25 PM, in article
5C8A8832-E7A2-4BE8-9DB0-8EEDFAE50699@microsoft.com, "lvtwmn"
<lvtwmn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> "mollycat@officeformac.com" wrote:
>
>> How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office
>> 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
>>

> I have tried everything listed below and cannot remove the product key. I am
> on Mac OSX 10.5.6

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac
Sydney, Australia.   mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
2/24/2009 8:11:47 AM
Hi all,

I've done the steps repeatedly and I keep getting to the key screen.  But
then I just loop around after I enter the key.  It asks if I want to be part
of a program, then an update screen.  But when I try to open entourage it
says "This identity cannot be opened with this version of Entourage".  Yet
word, excel, PP seem to work with limited functioning.  Any thoughts as to
what is going on?

Also on a side note, every time I delete the two plist files and reboot- my
firefox application erases.  Is there any way that some office 2008 embedded
somewhere in firefox or reason why it would delete every time?

Many thanks!

On 5/18/09 3:53 PM,  "tmtownsend" <tmtownsend@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> I've done the steps repeatedly and I keep getting to the key screen.  But
> then I just loop around after I enter the key.  It asks if I want to be part
> of a program, then an update screen.  But when I try to open entourage it
> says "This identity cannot be opened with this version of Entourage".  Yet
> word, excel, PP seem to work with limited functioning.  Any thoughts as to
> what is going on?

1) loop issue, see the options on this page:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/setup_assistant.html>

2) "This identity cannot be opened with this version of Entourage" means you
need to upgrade.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/identity_not_open.html>

> Also on a side note, every time I delete the two plist files and reboot- my
> firefox application erases.  Is there any way that some office 2008 embedded
> somewhere in firefox or reason why it would delete every time?

There should be no connection to removing those files and FireFox.

--
Diane

Ive had a hard time changing the code also.... I've done everything asked
regarding deleting plits files... They kept coming back everytime I started
office for mac... What I did is I opened the plist file found the product
key, deleted it, and put in the correct one... and that has seemed to work..
Hope this helps!

"buddyboy" wrote:

> "Diane Ross" wrote:
>
> > On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> > "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote:
> >
> > > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office
> > > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
> >
> > Delete these two files:
> >
> > ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008
> > Settings.plist
> >
> > where ~ is your home folder, and
> >
> > HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist
> > --
> > Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
> > Entourage Help Page   <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
> > Entourage Help Blog  <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>
> >

> I deleted both of these files but yet still it does not ask me for a new
> product key, I was wondering what else I could do because I did the same
> thing for my buddy and as soon as I tried to open word after I deleted the
> two files it asked for all of the information again

0
Kish (4)
9/22/2009 8:36:06 PM
I work with snow leopard 10.6.2 where previous advice does not seem to work.
I can not find the files which should be deleted. Uninstall and reinstalling
of office 2008 does not work, it is not possible to enter a new product key.

"mollycat@officeformac.com" wrote:

> How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?

0
frank100 (1)
1/13/2010 7:00:02 PM
I'm also on 10.6.2 Snow Leopard and have tried everything; I've deleted the
files mentioned plus some others in my personal preferences folder someone
else suggested. I've tried editing the serial number directly in the text
file. I've completely uninstalled the program and started over.

No matter what I do, the same *&%! serial number keeps popping back up again.

HELP. Where is this zombie hiding??? I can't kill it no matter what I do!

"frank100" wrote:

> I work with snow leopard 10.6.2 where previous advice does not seem to work.
> I can not find the files which should be deleted. Uninstall and reinstalling
> of office 2008 does not work, it is not possible to enter a new product key.
>

> "mollycat@officeformac.com" wrote:
>
> > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?

0
margie (21)

External data link change

Microsoft Office 2004
I have the CD, the original packaging, but the CD box is missing - so too therefore the product key. Please advise me, am I able to get a valid product key without having to buy a new version? Thanks, Lesley You need to contact Microsoft Product Support Services to request a new key. You will need proof of ownership. <http://support.microsoft.com/> On 7/16/08 1:43 PM, in article 873ee0b157aa1@uwe, "LesleyF" <u44879@uwe> wrote: > I have the CD, the original packaging, but the CD box is missing - so too > therefore the product key. Please advise me, am I able to ...

MAPI and IMAP coexsistance on same client/server for transparent users in the wild...
An exchange 2003 server with enabled secure IMAP and OWA. Clients running Outlook 2003 with both MAPI and IMAP connections to the same server. This is for troubleless connections for users being both on the LAN and out in the wild without VPN. What are your experinces about best setup in this scenario - how will users get the most transparent feel - that is: calender working, mails getting to the same location, still available via OWA... regardless whether they are on the LAN or in the wild. Regards, Lars. Go with Mapi all the way for the functionality. Implement RPC over HTTPs for rem...

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

ConvertMyFile Only $6.99 Through 1/31/2005!
ConvertMyFile, the Windows Solution for File Conversion, is on Sale for 30% off the Regular Price Through January 31,2005. �ConvertMyFile will transform Word Documents (in RTF format) to PDF Files. �ConvertMyFile will convert Excel Spreadsheets into PDF format as well as into HTML pages. �ConvertMyFile will also take your pictures (BMP or JPG) and convert them into PDF files. Compatible With Windows ME/2000/XP/NT. Only $6.99 to license through January 31. Quantity discounts and site licenses available. Secure Payments Through PayPal www.paypal.com Email sales@conversion-software.com with ...

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

Stop sheet showing when Using Datapig's Force Users to enable macr
Hi, I think this is probably not do-able I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are very hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the user can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros enabled. Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and the other sheets can be seen. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Warning").Visible = True Sh...

Microsoft Outlook #22
I am trying to figure out how to receive/sent emails with Microsoft Outlook from a remote site computer (away from office/home computer). Where can I find this information or what are the procedures? I like access my e-mails while traveling. Unless you are talking about an .ost file with Microsoft Exchange or Outlook Web Access, you better HOPE you can't access your local Outlook over the internet as this would mean that your computer is open to anyone on the Internet. However, if you mean can you setup a mail account identical to your one at home, then if you are using the same ISP,...

aarow keys don't work
I'm not sure why, but suddenly, my aarow keys do not work any more. Well, they don't do what I want them to, at least. I know I have run into this problem before at work, but I didn't see how the issue was fixed. But, I do know, there is a way to fix it. Right now, when I hit an aarow key, it moves the page instead of changing which cell is highlighted. How do I change them back to normal? Thanks. n i k i Scroll lock key hit by mistake? -- No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "niki" ...

Filter contact records by customer type code in views
In version 1.2 I had set up several views of contact records by customer type code. In 3.0 this field cannot be selected as filtering criteria. While the views I had set up in 1.2 work, that cannot be changed. Is there a reason this field is no longer avialable under 3.0? This field is listed attribute. Is there a way to may it appear? Thanks for any help you can give. Brand Microsoft CRM Support maybe of help with this one, try submiting a incident for this. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Brand" wrote: > In version 1.2 I had set up several v...

Installation problems #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi When i install office on my desktop it installs ok but when i try to open word or excel it comes up with the customer experience program everytime and launches microsoft update i then click "no, i dont want to participate at this time." and then continue, then the get started window appears and i click finish but nothing happens, then if i try to open word or excel again it does the same thing again and it doesnt ask for the product key at any time. But when i installed office on my macbook it works fine,...

How to change icon for my application

using IMAP and Outlook to share folders on 5.5 SP4?
I've got a client with 5.5 SP4 who wants to be able to drag an email from his inbox to a shared folder that his assistant can access. The server is outside their network, so can only use IMAP or POP3 I tried opening up port 143 for IMAP and created a new public folder using Outlook. I can see this new folder using Exchange Administrator app. When I drag an email from the Outlook inbox into the new public folder, I get a msg of: Can't move the items. The server responded: REFERRAL imap://userName:AUTH="@server.com/Public/%20Folders/Test] there is no replica for that mailbox o...

How to change newsgroup message font

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ?
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? Rgrds, Zul If it was me do the OS first. "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message news:%23AeXnXErFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS > patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? > ...

CRM data migration 10-13-04
Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another? I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be geared more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf tables "manually". Thanks, Matt Matt wrote: > Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another? > > I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be geared > more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf tables > "manually". > > Thanks, > Matt You need to use Redeployme...

Cannot open file after installing Office 2007 Service Pack 2
I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2. Does anybody know what to do? Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work. Thanks for help Stefan Are you getting an error? You may have to do a registry fix: Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us ...

Change a formula to an acual number

eConnect 7.0.4 install new company
Hi, We have Great Plains 7.0 running with eConnect v7.0.4.1. We just created a new company database and I need to install the eConnect sprocs into it - can't find how! I've tried thru Add/Remove Programs but the option to install into a new company database does not appear Marta: Pulling this out of an old and undependable memory, but I think under 7.0 you had to uninstall and reinstall eConnect when you created a new company. Nicely fixed in, I think, 7.5. Again, could be wrong here and would be happily corrected by anyone that know differently. If you do the uninstall, yo...