Help needed. Word question about segmented line..

I'm typing a manuscript. Somehow I must have pressed something wrong
because I've gotten a segmented line after a number of paragraghs that
I can't  delete. They just shift up and down. Does anyone know how this
happened and how to get rid of these lines? Thanks.

0
mythfits (1)

Look up "borders" in the Word help.

What you have is a paragraph border.  The Help explains how to remove it.

"How it happened" is probably due to Tools>AutoCorrect>Autoformat as you
type."  Look that up in the help too.

The AutoFormat dialog is in three sections: I recommend turning OFF the top
set and the bottom set of options.

Note that once you have applied a border to a paragraph, it may be adopted
as part of the paragraph style if you have left "Automatically update"
turned on for your styles.

Look up "Have Word automatically update a style"

Did you ever wonder whether Word was too "automatic" for it's own good, and
that all this automatic junk is causing more difficulty than it's worth??
:-)

The reason I'm sending you to the help is so you learn how to look this
stuff up for yourself.  That will allow you to get much more work done in
Word far more quickly, and to thus get much greater value out of the money
you spent to buy it.

Don't bother with either the Table of Contents or the Index in the Help,
they're useless.  Type what you want in the Search box.  It's faster and
much more accurate.

Hope this helps

On 7/1/07 1:18 PM, in article
1168136283.027756.40380@s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "Gar"

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1073)

Old Question
On Novembre 04th 2009, I posted one Question labeld "Error 2001, Access 2007, Subform Bookmark", that had some replays from Jeanette Cunningham. Today I looked for them to review again, but they are not anymore available. I googled them I found that other sites still have them, but you don´t. What I have to do to continue with my request. Regards. On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:05:01 -0800, Jose Antonio Vial <JoseAntonioVial@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >On Novembre 04th 2009, I posted one Question labeld "Error 2001, Access 2007, >Subform B...

sumifs help

line graph #3
I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a way to extend it? Also the second line graph I would liek to line up the data points with the first bar series. is this possible? Thanks ratio wrote: > I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines > the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a > way to extend it? Are the source data ranges misaligned? I can't visualize the problem. > Also the second ...

Help !

Help with this thing

need to add custom entity to email selection list
We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity? You can't. The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM. One option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact type = Employee. "Jeanenne" wrote: > We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as > one of its fie...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

Stopping the Over-Receipt of Purchase Line Items
Without code, does anybody know of a way to prevent a user from overreceiving a purchase order? The message appears that says the item has been fully received. But, the user is still able to keep going. Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, I checked and I don't think you can accomplish this without a customization. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Charles Allen" wrote: > Without code, does anybody know of a way to...

database mirroring question
for database mirroring, can one mirror server to two principle servers? That means two mirrored servers mirror to one same mirroring server. Is that ok? Thanks. ...

exch 5.5 help

How do I make one word have small caps?
Suppose I have a word named WORDED, and I want the "ORDED" part to become slightly smaller. I want it like "ORDED with smaller caps" and not like this "orded". I tried going selecting "ORDED and changing the font to small caps", but nothing really happened. How do i fix this? The usual way would be to type Worded (with an initial cap), and then format the whole word as Small caps. If the difference isn't sufficient, you could always type the word in all caps and format the W as 12 points and the ORDED as something significantly smaller...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Budget question
All, I have a question. I am struggling setting up the budget for my income. Problem is that we get salary increases in Mid year, and Money 2006 is reporting the paychecks trough the year (it will be nice, but) Any idea how to setup the budget when Paycheck 1 is till may, and Paycheck 2 starts in June? I tried putting end payment for the paycheck 1 and starting second one next month, but it didn't work. It was still reporting 2 incomes. AJ "AJ" <travolta@alextec.com> wrote in message news:OFuxT4cHGHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > All, > > I have a questio...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Excel Needs to Close
Frequently, when turning on my computer, I will get the message something like "Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I may not have used Excel for days and it definitely was not open when the computer was turned off. Any clues? Do I have a problem? Ed, Look for an Excel file, or Excel itself, in your Startup folder (Start - All programs). Scan for viruses. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thr...

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

Macro Help

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Can someone explain the styles term 'theme-aware' in Word 2007?
I keep reading about theme-aware formatting in conjunction with styles and themes. Can someone please enlighten me. On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 12:33:40 -0500, "Robert" <instructor@hotmail.com> wrote: >I keep reading about theme-aware formatting in conjunction with styles and >themes. Can someone please enlighten me. If you look at the definition of a style and it says that the font name is "+Body" or "+Headings", and the color is "Text 1" (or another number) or "Accent 1" (or another number), then the style is theme-awar...