Help needed: Word 10 for Mac and XP PC Word files' non-printing characters

Any time I bring a Word XP  (for Windows) file home from the office and take
advantage of Word's interoperability with Macs to open it on my Imac under
OS 10.3,  the Mac copy of Word (Office 10)  insists on displaying the
non-printing characters  (tabs, paragraph marks etc) from the PC file and
when I try to turn them off with the usual "hide" command on the Mac they
will NOT go away.  Anyone know how to troubleshoot this ?

0
mbryan (2)

Check the View tab in Preferences--they can be turned on permanently there.

Dayo

"Michael Bryan" wrote:

> Any time I bring a Word XP  (for Windows) file home from the office and take
> advantage of Word's interoperability with Macs to open it on my Imac under
> OS 10.3,  the Mac copy of Word (Office 10)  insists on displaying the
> non-printing characters  (tabs, paragraph marks etc) from the PC file and
> when I try to turn them off with the usual "hide" command on the Mac they
> will NOT go away.  Anyone know how to troubleshoot this ?

sumifs help

Practice Files
Hi. I just purchased a used copy of "Step by Step Microsoft Excel 97 Visual Basic" by Reed Jacobson. Unfortunately, the practice files seem to be corupt on the accompanying CD. Does anyone have access to these file that they might send to me or know where I can download them? Thanks, Mike. mdemos@REMOVETHISattglobal.net ...

Help !

Help with this thing

need to add custom entity to email selection list
We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity? You can't. The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM. One option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact type = Employee. "Jeanenne" wrote: > We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as > one of its fie...

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

How do I make one word have small caps?
Suppose I have a word named WORDED, and I want the "ORDED" part to become slightly smaller. I want it like "ORDED with smaller caps" and not like this "orded". I tried going selecting "ORDED and changing the font to small caps", but nothing really happened. How do i fix this? The usual way would be to type Worded (with an initial cap), and then format the whole word as Small caps. If the difference isn't sufficient, you could always type the word in all caps and format the W as 12 points and the ORDED as something significantly smaller...

Can't load old .PST files
I have Microsoft Outlook 2000 and have saved my .PST files before reformating. After installing Outlook 2000, I tried to get all my mail/calendar/contacts back by using the .PST files I had saved but it doesn't work. I have a file named outlook.pst and one caled archive.pst. How can I use them? If trying to 'read' frm a cd you cannot OL requires read/write access. Copy frm cd to hd, ensure read only flag is off, then in OL File/Open/Personal Folders.... browse to location David "Louise" <pou@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:064201c36b45$9136f7c0$a101280a@p...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

Excel Needs to Close
Frequently, when turning on my computer, I will get the message something like "Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I may not have used Excel for days and it definitely was not open when the computer was turned off. Any clues? Do I have a problem? Ed, Look for an Excel file, or Excel itself, in your Startup folder (Start - All programs). Scan for viruses. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thr...

Does HQ run better on XP or Win Server 2003?
I'm running HQ on a win2000 machine. I would like to upgrade. Does it run better in XP or Win Server 2003? Is it certified for Win Server 2003? HQ will run fine on either. Remember that there are many components to "HQ" - Server, Client, Manager and a database - you may want to split those functions across several systems. We normally recommend a full version of SQL Server rather than MSDE for HQ Environments, and that requires a Server OS - consider Small Business Server Premier which includes SQL Server as well as Win 2K3 Sever and some of the other MS Back Office s...

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

Opening a file with a Macro
To open files with a macro, I am currently using: Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\file_path.xls" How can I use a variable as part of the file path? In other words, before I try to open the file in my VBA code I will set a variable (let's call it date_extension). Then I want to open a file that I know will exist with a file path whose final characters before the .xls will be the date_extension. How can I get the file path to be recognized with the variable? Thanks for your help (P.S. I am a total novice, so I may not be familiar with commands or procedures that are fair...

Looking for control to browse files
Hi, I am pretty new to and unexperienced with access (2007 is the one I amworking with) I have made a database (of 1 table) to record registered mail and such. I have added a hyperlink field which contains the link to a specific transmittal document showing the contents of the mail item. I have added it to the form and it works fine. If I click on the link it opens the (Word) transmittal file). So far so good. What I want is a control that lets me browse for the transmittal file, something like a simple Open dialog Can someone point me to the right documentation, please ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Sorting Payables Cheques when Printing
In the Edit Payables Cheque window, there is a 'Sort Documents on Remittance by:' field that defaults to Date. I would prefer for it to always default to Number (the second choice). Is there a way to permanently set this without having to manually update it each time I enter the screen? Thanks Yes, you need to use VBA. Do you own Modifier? "Adam" wrote: > In the Edit Payables Cheque window, there is a 'Sort Documents on Remittance > by:' field that defaults to Date. I would prefer for it to always default to > Number (the second choice...