Hello, question about software assurance and Office 2008

Does anyone know when Mac Office 2008 will be available for those who
have software assurance? I've seen many posts claiming the date is Feb
1st. I have yet to receive any feedback from my retailer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

No, we don't.  Ring your account manager :-)

On 11/01/08 6:57 AM, in article
c0e5e9b3-9f54-4f57-94da-eaf8192d1ff6@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
"jerry.kowalewski@gmail.com" <jerry.kowalewski@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know when Mac Office 2008 will be available for those who
> have software assurance? I've seen many posts claiming the date is Feb
> 1st. I have yet to receive any feedback from my retailer.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

Default ink settings Office 2007
Does anyone know how to set the default ink settings in Office 2007 (particularly word 07)? As an example, I prefer ballpoint pen with green rather than red marker. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

Copying slides between presentations in PowerPoint 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've been trying to copy slides between presentations in PowerPoint 2008. However, every time I copy a slide the forma changes from the original presentation (which I would like to keep) to the format (e.g. bulleting, etc) used in the new presentations. Any suggestions as to how I can maintain the original slide format? > I've been trying to copy slides between presentations in PowerPoint 2008. However, every time I copy a slide the forma changes from the original presentation (which I would like to keep) to...

Hello again!
I attempted to add the SW_HIDE and SW_SHOW to the app accordingly, however it did not hide the form/window.I am using Visual C++ .NET 2003 right now, and can someone email a project that uses the ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and ShowWindow(SW_SHOW), to my email address which is straightwaytek at homail dot com What are you trying to hide? Is it MDI or SDI? For MDI, if you want to hide the view, you will need to hide the parent frame. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "James Simpson" <straightwaytek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0d8001c39201$e5462d30$a101280a@p...

Log File Question
Scenario: Three mail stores in a single storage group and one store is lost. The log files for the entire storage group are on a separate drive letter. What I'd like to do: I dismount the bad store, remove the .edb and .stm files and remount (dial tone). I restore my last backup set to an RSG. Now, here's where my question comes in... Can I just take all the log files since that backup (the one I just restored) and put them in the RSG location folder and mount the database? I'm hesitant because the logs in question are for the entire storage group. From there I plan ...

Detect & Repair question please
Two related but separate questions actually: I have had occasion to use the "Detect & Repair" feature (from Word) to fix a problem where Outlook 2000 refuses to start after trying from either an icon or command line start. (The last time it happened was after I changed the resolution setting in Control Panel/Display. 1. When I run Detect & Repair it asks my to put in my Office 2000 Small Business CD, why do I have to do this? Can't that info be installed onto my hard drive? 2. This process must be done every couple of months (for various reasons) to "revive"...

Report and subreport question
I have a report with one subreport. If the subreport has no data, it still shows the subreport label in the main report. How can I show the subreport only for those customers where as well data is in the subreport - and - if the subreport has no data, nothing should be seen (as well not the label). Thanks Klaus You don't need the label - cut it. Set the subreport to can shrink:yes and can grow:yes "Amateur" wrote: > I have a report with one subreport. > > If the subreport has no data, it still shows the subreport label in the main > report. > How can I s...

Newby Question #4
I am sure that you will tell me that this is not recommended, but I'm going to ask anyway... I have a single domain controller here that is running Win2k with Dual 2.4G processors and a Gig of memory. This server does not do hardly anything all day. It used as a file server only. It is supporting about 60 users. Can I install E2k3 on this server? What are the impacts? If I install a low end server to act as the front end off my DMZ, can I do OWA securely? OWA will only have to support about 5-6 people (which will most likely not all be at the same time). Thanks for any input. Jef...

hello
hello, this is my first post. I have the dmeo of Microsoft retail management sofwtare and so far I like it. I run a retail store which sells all items under $2.00. we use around 40 to 50 suppliers. Basically all i want to do is be able to select a supplier from a list. see all the items they supply to we buy from that supplier. pick the items id like. place a purchase order. and when we recieve delivery recieve that purchase order and record my payment method. So far Microsft Retail Management POS has provided that for me. but the problem is for everythinbg to work i actually need to ...

ADO connection string question
Hello, I need help getting the ADO connection string syntax right for my Access 2007 Db application. Below is my code. My backend database file is located at "f:\data\mydb.accdb". I basically need to replace the "Data Source" argument with the hard path to my database in the strConnection setup. Thanks for your help. Corta Sub RecordCount() Dim cnCh5 As ADODB.Connection Dim rsContacts As ADODB.Recordset Dim strConnection As String strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" & _ "Data Source=" & CurrentProject.Pa...

Copying a formula question
I am a novice Excel user and have a formula I would like to copy to more than 100 cells in a column. I am hoping there is an easy way to do this without entering it many times. The pattern of the formulas are outlined below: =B6-(B6*B2-A2)/500 =B7-(B7*B2-A2)/500 =B8-(B8*B2-A2)/500 =B9-(B9*B2-A2)/500 =B10-(B10*B2-A2)/500 Thanks. -- Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA <zil@zilbandyREMOVETHIS.com> Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/ PGP Public Key: http://zilbandy.com/pgpkey.htm ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zilbandy, Use...

Office Tip of the Week on Zooming
Cross posted from microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage The following is a pretty cool tip of the week that applied to Word and Excel but does not work with Entourage. You can do the same thing in Entourage by depressing only the control key. Try it, you will like it. aRKay Quick Tip of the Week: Zooming in with ease <http://www.apple.com/business/videotips/?sr=hotnews> Did you know that you can zoom in or out on Microsoft Word or Excel documents using the scroll button on Mighty Mouse or the trackpad on your MacBook or MacBook Pro? It takes just a few seconds to set up, and w...

Office 2010 language pack does not install
I need the german spell checker on an English Office 2010 installation. Word > File > Options > Language leads to a download site offering a Beta Language Packs for download. Downloaded Single Language Pack does not install, indicating there is still a preliminary version installed which has to be removede with all its related technologies. But there is none, I did an update from Office 2007. I removed all known additions to Office 2007 but installation of the Language Pack is still refused. Please help Thanks Walter Try the following and see if it will remove your un...

Exchange 2003 (SP2) Mailbox Manager Exclusion Question...
I am the admin for a Exchange Server 2003 (SP2) Enviroment and an running into a problem with the Mailbox Manager.. We currently purchased a 3rd party product to archive e-mail outside of the exchange server. Basically a user creates a folder called "Archive" under the root of their folder list in Outlook and then they can create whatever folder structure they like under the folder called "Archive". Any e-mail a user wants to keep over 120 days (the limit we have mail saved on the exchange server) they drag and drop into this archive folder and then the 3rd party pro...

CTreeCtrl ASSERT question?
1) Why do I get a "Debug Assertion Failed!" when I insert an item in the CTreeCtrl as shown below? BOOL CDeviceProp::OnInitDialog() { // TODO: Add extra initialization here mDeviceTreeCtrl.InsertItem( "TEST" ); return TRUE; // return TRUE unless you set the focus to a control // EXCEPTION: OCX Property Pages should return FALSE } void CDeviceProp::OnTvnSelchangedTree1(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { LPNMTREEVIEW pNMTreeView = reinterpret_cast<LPNMTREEVIEW>(pNMHDR); // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here *pResult = 0; } 2) Is it poss...

Question about ho to insert data in SQL
Hello I have a adodb recordset which always have 2000 records The code is like this 'fisrt i'm opening the database in which i will insert the data conn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MyDate;Integrated Security=True" cmd = New SqlCommand("select * from table", conn) conn.Open() 'Then i'm opening a ADODB recordset rst.Open("http://www.domain.gr/data.asp") 'the rst filled with 2000 records 'now i want to insert them to the sql database 'i'm using While Not rst.EOF dim Ins as...

Function question
I know I'm not going to ask this correctly. I have a column of numbers. I wish to have a count at the bottom of the column of the number of numbers that fall below a certain number. What function is this? Or, is there a website that would tell me how to do this? Second question: Same column of numbers. Is there a way to have those same numbers that fall below a given number become bold? Thanks so much. Dale Use this to "hard code" the number (450) in the formula: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<450") OR Place the number in a cell (B1), so that it can be easily revised, wit...

Excel Question #5
All, I need your help: Please see below: line1: 1 line2: 1 line3: 1 line4: 2 result: 2 I want the result to show if the any lines (cells) of the above cells contain 2, if not nothing. Thanks in advance. Hi, You could use COUTNIF Assume your numbers (1 & 2) are in range B2:B10 in B11 enter =COUNTIF(B2:B10,"2") Hope this helps, Gav. "alish" wrote: > All, > > I need your help: Please see below: > line1: 1 > line2: 1 > line3: 1 > line4: 2 > > result: 2 > > I want the result to show if the any lines (cells) of the above ce...

OnSize() question
Hello, I have a resizing dialog window with some controls on it. I use the OnSize() message to change the size of the controls when the user resizes the dialog. But when I start my application, the OnSize() function is directly called and an error is given. It seems that he controls don't have a valid window handle or something?? I have another dialog application where the resizing doesn't work (although enabled). The mouse icon changes when I try to resize. This dialog application has several modeless child dialogs. I can't say more about this problem, needs some further investi...

Restore question #2
I try to restore a full backup of a PF database, follow the "hard recovery option" of a single db, and i have a problem: when i mount the restored DB the situation is the same (all message missing after a pf replication problem, between servers)!!! I have read the following and i try by "eseutil /cc" option instead of normal "last backup set". http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/DROpsGuide/5c993545-011e-4fcd-80ee-36d6d5db84f4.mspx Any other suggestion?! ...

Using 64 bits software for read data of acces
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C73FE2.6964A1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have to write one 64 bit software that read data on an data base = microsoft acces. It seem that 64 bit drivers isn't availlable. When do you have it? thank ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C73FE2.6964A1F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML>&l...

Question Re: Startup Switches
I am using Excel 2000. Is there a way to startup a workbook with a startup switch that not only starts a specific workbook: but, also starts it up at a specific tab within the workbook ? Not through a startup switch. But you could have a macro that selects the desired worksheet when you open the workbook. option explicit sub auto_open() worksheets("my startup sheet").select end sub (don't forget to change the worksheet name to what you want.) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted...

solving error cyclic redundancy check to install a software program
I am attempting to install a software program I need for my business. When I attempt to do so an error shows up saying install support file missing engine. Or Cyclic redundancy check. In any case it is not allowing me to install my program. I installed this program some time before in the past and I had no problem. But I have since then reinstalled XP a new with no changes to my system. Please help, the program to be installed is essential to my business. Thank you, Albert Affiliate Bancorp Inc. Sales Manager yourloanXpert@charter.net 562-439-3283 ...

hello
hello! ...

Search Folder Question Please
I use search folders quite a bit but I have one question please. When I set it up and tell it to search for a particular phrase in email it does not include emails that may be in the Sent Items folder. Is there a way to get it to include Sent Items also? Thanks in advance... Bob ...

Regular Expression Question (Using CAtlRegExp Class)
Can anyone tell me why, using the CAtlRegExp class, "^ *# *include" matches "#include" but not " # include"? Wondering if it might have something to do with the "^" (start of line) character, I also tried "# include" and that didn't match either. Thanks. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com Jonathan Wood wrote: > Can anyone tell me why, using the CAtlRegExp class, "^ *# *include" matches > "#include" but not " # include"? > > Wondering if it might have som...