Getting Mac client to connect to Exchange 2003

Hello:

I just upgraded from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003.  After the upgrade everything
was fine but my Mac users.  They can not connect to it.  They are using
various different versions.  I know one is Outlook:Mac 2001.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get these systems working? Thanks.

Harrison Midkiff

0
HMidkiff (10)

Harrison Midkiff <HMidkiff@aviinc.com> wrote:

> Hello:

        Hi,

> I just upgraded from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003.  After the upgrade everything
> was fine but my Mac users.  They can not connect to it.  They are using
> various different versions.  I know one is Outlook:Mac 2001.

There shouldn't be any problem with Outlook 2001. You may have to
re-enter the settings though. As far as Entourage 10.1.5 goes, you need
IMAP enabled for mail, OWA for calendar and address book sync and LDAP
for GAL access. Are these services enabled on the server ??

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
              (MS) MVP: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
 "Harrison Midkiff" <HMidkiff@aviinc.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I just upgraded from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003.  After the upgrade everything
> was fine but my Mac users.  They can not connect to it.  They are using
> various different versions.  I know one is Outlook:Mac 2001.
>
> Does anyone know what I need to do to get these systems working? Thanks.

Hi Harrison!

I might be able to help a little on the Outlook 2001 front. Can you tell
me if you are running DNS on your network and did the IP address and/or
name of your Exchange server change?

You may have old entries in a Hosts file if your Macs have been using
one. Update the Hosts file and you should be reset.

Hope this helps! bill
--
William M. Smith
(Microsoft Interop MVP)

Outlook 2003 and junkmail and rules
the outlook 2003 junkmail filter worked well until i added a simple rule to move all incoming messages for my 2nd email account to a folder. the spam addressed to that email account remains in the folder i specified. i could not find any way to configure the junkmail filter to make it function properly. it appears that all my new messages must remain in the inbox folder for the junk mail filter to be effective. ...

entering current time in shared work book
Hi, i am maintaing a excel tracker in shared drive where i am manually entering the time when a person came into the office. Is it possible that when a person comes he himself open the shared file and click the cell corresponding to his name so that the time of that moment can be stored and that can not be further updated with new value (time)... below is the format Name of Person Date Name A Name B Name C 21-Apr-10 6:44 PM 6:48 PM 6:40 PM 22-Apr-10 6:30 PM 6:34 PM 6:31 PM 23-Apr-10 6:35 PM 6:39 PM 6:40 PM I would try first to setup a list on another she...

Help with font size in Outlook 2003
Hi, how do I increase the font size of the "To" "Bcc" and "From" fields? It's really small and hard to see. I know how to change the font size when composing and viewing so I read it, but the above drives me crazy! Any suggestions or is it even possible to increase the size? Thanks, -- Cheryl ...

Install GP 7.5 client on Win xp computer
I've had to setup a new workstation running XP Pro. When I try and install GP on the workstation, I go thru all the normal steps - where to install program files, help/tutorial files. But I do not get the window that asks "select the server data path". It just does not appear, after selecting the online documentation location the next window is the program folder choice. I'm installing with the SQL Server/MSDE database. Thanks for your help! I found out what the issue was. I had to go into the Data Sources (ODBC) and add my server under the System DNS tab. Once I did ...

Exchange Domain Routing
Any pointer to the following question much appreciated. We have aquired a new company and require them to adopt our SMTP domain name once everything is signed. We run Exchange 2003 and they run Exchange 2000 i.e someone@company1.com and someoneelse@company2.com Therefore during the coexistence phase they will need to generate primary smtp addresses for our domain name, and then ensure that our domain delivers mail correctly to them... is it possible to have shared smtp domain name across two different Exchange Orgs and mail delivery...? we will be migrating them into our domain eventually. ...

How to paint connections by value
Hi, Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size & position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help? "Tulga" <tulgabat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:856c2ee0-0b04-48d0-9ad0-67791fd83b4e@w9g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different > colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "...

Adding Junk Senders in 2003
I know how to add names to the junk senders list one at a time. Is there away to mass add names? I had over 20 names and didn't want to add the names one by one. Is there a script to add several at once? ...

Exchange 2003 Load balance and cluster
We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? Oh yah. I guess my question is that if it is possible to run the laod balance and the cluster on the same two servers "Ashu" wrote: > We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for > exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? No,does not support NLB and cluster on same machine! You should rub cluster with your exchange 2003! -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Ashu" &l...

A Crystal Beginner

Auto-forward from a mail-enabled public folder in Exchange 2003
We have a mail-enabled public folder that used to auto-forward to multiple people any-time it received email. Now that we have added an 2003 version of Exchange, that have been removed (by the installation?) and we are no longer able to auto-forward to more than a single person (using public folder properties) Is there something I am missing about how to get this set back up? ...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Exchange 2000 and IE Browser
Need some assitance please. We currently are using Exchange 2000. We just recently discovered that if a user is logged into the domain, that anyone could walk up to that workstation, go to the IE Browser and type in the url the dns name of our exchange server with \exchange at the end and it will pull up that users e-mail thru the browser without having to type in a user name and password. How can we prevent this from happening? Thank you for your time, Lisa In effect, when a user types \\server\exchange, he or she will see a folder mounted on the M-drive on the exchange server. The M-dr...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Outlook
Hi there, I wonder if someone can help me out with this problem!!\ I got a Win2K machine running Office 2000 on a NT4 Network. When the client opens outlook he gets the "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable". This is the only person on-site who cannot connect. I can ping the exchange server from the PC, I can connect to all network shares except for getting emails. THe client recently upgraded the machine - new motherboards, cpu and memory. If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this please help!!!! I am desperate and my call is now out of SLA!! Dhillan Ha...