Fonts increasing in size with each reply Entourage 2008

If you are seeing problems with font size increasing with each reply in
Entourage 2008, see this blog article for how to report this problem
directly to a MSFT developer.

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/02/fonts_increasing_in_size_with_each_r
eplymsft_is_listening.html>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

diane7495 (1195)

Database Size Issue
Hi, I am having an issue with the growth of our database. I would like to know what is contain in the _log.ldf file? I have tried to delete journals from the database but the size of the database still stays the same. Basically within 20 days, the size of _log.ldf file grew to 75GB. Is there also a way to move just the journal receipt out of the database for later viewing without any sort of database archiving that moves the whole database? Any advice on how to contain the size of the database, and how to possibly compact the database so that it's smaller than it is? Thank you. C...

Excel in Office for Mac 2008 features
I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back the old saved spreadsheet with none of the changes. Auto Save is set to 10 minutes and sometimes it had been hours and still reverted back to the old saved sheet and not the updated autosaved one. In article <ee8a70d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: > I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save > feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back th...

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

increase picture size
how do I enlarge an online map for printing purposes In Word, right click the image and set its layout property to something other than in linbe with text. Grab the image's corner handle and drag it to fill the page. Note that enlarging bitmaps will degrade resolution. You cannot create an image in Word larger than 1 page. Doesn't the on-line map source have an option to print directly? "vivesha" <vivesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F528177-C1F4-49BE-9E08-A72B1051AF2B@microsoft.com... > how do I enlarge an online map for printing ...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

Opening .doc attachments from Entourage

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

Is it SQL 2008 or VB 2008 problem? I don't know
Hello, I have created an application with Visual Basic2005 Standard Edition 2 years ago. The application imports CSV files in the database. The application is connecting to the database that I made it with SQL Server 2005. This is the connection string: Data Source=XXX; Initial Catalog=YYY; Integrated Security=SSPI; Pooling=true; The application uses the TransactionScope class this way with no problem: Using Scope As New Transactions.TransactionScope(Transactions.TransactionScopeOption.RequiresNew) ... Scope.Complete() End Using In the transaction, the applicat...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

How do I adjust the size of the drop down list?
I've added a lot of drop down lists within my document. The first sheet works great, but all the other sheets has the drop down list extending over 2 or 3 of the columns when clicked on. Is there any way to adjust this? Hi waht kind of drop downs have you used? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Joy 13883 wrote: > I've added a lot of drop down lists within my document. The first > sheet works great, but all the other sheets has the drop down list > extending over 2 or 3 of the columns when clicked on. Is there any > way to adjust this? ...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

Re: Entourage for Mac Error
Thanks very much. I went into my account and unchecked all the boxes I the Receiving mail menu except for "This POP service requires a secure secure connection (SSL)" and it seems to work now. Allan On 10-01-11 8:34 PM, in article C77111AD.21F14%EntourageHelp@gmail.com, "Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com" <Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com> wrote: > On 1/11/10 1:17 PM, in article C770FF97.2A36%jigtime@sympatico.ca, "Allan > Meltzer" <jigtime@sympatico.ca> wrote: > >> Today, all of >> a sudden, I can not access my...

Unstable fonts
My fonts are become unstable in Publisher. I believe manly those that I downloaded from the internet. Sometimes I’m not able to use them at all even though, they are still appearing installed. Or I just able to change part of the text and if I add more to it the whole text changes back to the previous font. In Word I do not have any problems with my downloaded fonts. Any idea what’s happening and what could be the solution? I appreciate your help. -- Vanillla Using: MW 2003, Excell 2003, PowerPoint, Publisher 2003, FP 2003, There are some fonts that you can download that do not in...

Section size in maximized view
I have a form with 2 subforms in the form footer, all on one page. My two subforms are in a continuos line format. I want to be able to maximize the form window, and have the two subforms take up the majority of the page. I set the section sizes in design view to the sizes I wanted, but when I maximize in form view, there is a large (2") blank section bordered off. How do I get rid of this empty space? ...

Font problem with metafile
I have the following code to draw vertical text to a DC. LOGFONT lf; lf.lfEscapement = 900; lf.lfOrientation = 900; CFont font; font.CreateFontIndirect(&lf); CFont* pOldFont = pDC->SelectObject(&font); pDC->TextOut(...); .... it draws correctly on the screen but not to a metafile. When I insert the metafile to Word the text is not vertical. But on the save machine when I insert it to Excel the text is vertical. What could be the problem. Can anybody help me. xiaoguo ge, If the metafile looks like expected in Excel, but not in Word, I would normally say that this seems to...

How do I change the color of the font shadow in Publisher2003
I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and > highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Create a second text box with the merge field in, displace it slightly, send it behind the first text box and change the font colour. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Fonts in Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C65737.BA0C64B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do you change the DEFAULT font in Contacts? T ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C65737.BA0C64B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META con...

Increase font size
I have low vision and want to increase the text size read/send in Outlook, can someone help me...thanks...Gary ...

How determine where "virtual size" is being used?
My MFC application has some strange behavior ... as it runs, the "virtual size" as reported by Process Manager slowly grows to a ridiculous size, while the "working set" stays relatively constant. When I exit the application, MFC's built-in memory leak detection says I'm not leaking memory anywhere. However, I absolutely realize the limitations of the MFC memory leak stuff. The application does a lot of creating of threads and communication with an in-process COM object, so I can see lots of places where memory could be allocated where MFC wouldn't kno...

Reply Address #2
We just migrated from 5.5 to exchange 2003, when i create a new account on 2003 and send a message the "from" address field shows too much info for the person who recieved it and when they reply it uses all that info for the "to" field. ex. IMCEAEX-_O=LPM_OU=LPM_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=123@Parkermeridien.com How do i get rid of this stuff, i just want people to see the message sent from 123@parkermeridien.com Outbound Internet mail still going through the IMS? Sounds like replication has not completed yet to the 5.5 side after you create the new account in 2003 and send th...

Andy Font & Universal Font ...
I was able to download the Andy font recently, but had to reformat my HD. I believe it came with a Microsoft Publisher update, so I wasn't too worried. However, I cannot seem to locate the font again. I also understand the readers on this Newsgroup are incredibly intelligent and know everything in the world. Any clues on how I can get that font back. Also, since I'm on the topic, I could also use the Universal font. Thanks, buds. Don't think this font ever came with Publisher. Try alt.binaries.fonts -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps...