fonts #3

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I just installed Office 2008 and now the fonts are all messed up. I've read that office makes a new file for Microsoft fonts in computer/library/fonts. Can I move all those fonts straight into the fonts folder or do I need both folders? All the fonts in the fonts folder (not MSfonts) are in my Font Book, but Word doesn't seem to find them. I don't have any in the user file, since I am the only one using the computer, it was just easier to put all into the computer/library/fonts folder.

Can you help me?
0
jjbencke (1)

"jjbencke@officeformac.com" wrote:

> I just installed Office 2008 and now the fonts are all messed up.

Leave them in the location where they are installed for best results.

Office 2008 Font Install:

Office 2008 uses a different method for fonts and many fonts are new
versions. Office 2008 will install fonts to the /Library/Fonts/Microsoft
folder. By being at the root, then all users on the machine have access to
them and you don't get Office 2008 putting multiple copies on the machine
for each user.

The installer will scour /Library/Fonts/ and ~/Library/Fonts/ for fonts with
the same name and move them to /Library/Disabled Fonts/ or
~/Library/Disabled Fonts/ depending on where they were found.

--
Diane

0
diane7495 (1195)

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

Lost mail #3
I lost all my emails and Did not do any backup of my mailbox but I've done a complete synchronization and all my email are synchronize to OST file. So anyway to get my email back. Or any ideas? All your suggestion would be very much appreciated. Pit <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I lost all my emails and Did not do any backup of my > mailbox but I've done a complete synchronization and all > my email are synchronize to OST file. > > So anyway to get my email back. Or any ideas? If they're in your OST because you synced with the Exchan...

POP 3 Connector problem on Exchange Server 5.5
Hi there, I am having a problem with junk email with null characters. (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280331). This has only become a problem is the last month or so. As the article says, "This behavior occurs because one or more e-mail messages in the mailbox of the POP3 server may contain Null characters and the POP3 Connector for Small Business Server 4.5 is not able to download e-mail messages if they contain Null characters." 1. Can someone explain to me what a "null character" is? 2. What are some options to cure the problem. Simp...

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

3 linked combo boxes in a form
I need some assistance with a form in Access. I have a combo box based on a Shop table. It is followed by a combo box based on an Area table. The areas are unique to each shop. I have created an SQL query that makes it so when a certain shop is selected in the first (Shop) combo box, only the areas unique to that shop are selectable from the Area combo box. I have also added a macro to requery the Shop combo box to update the Area selectable items. Now here is my problem. I have a third combo box for Equipment that is based on an equipment table listing over 900 pieces of equipment specif...

Help #3
Is there a icon called Format Painter? Could anyone tell me where is it under; e.g under file menu, cet etera? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Mine is on the Standard toolbar. It's directly to the right of the paste icon (looks like a clipboard). The format painter icon looks like a paintbrush. valerie wrote: > > Is there a icon called Format Painter? Could anyone tell me where is it > under; e.g under file menu, cet etera? > >...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

Can this be done? #3
Is it possible to move column B fields to the row with matching content in A From this: A B bananas yellow oranges candy pigs bananas cows blue candy blue red yellow To this: A B bananas bananas oranges pigs cows candy candy blue blue red yellow yellow Regards Mike I'd insert a new column B (shifting column B to column C), then use a formula like this in B1: =if(isnumber(match(a1,c:c,0)),a1,na()) and drag down as far as you want. Then Select column B edit|c...

Unstable fonts
My fonts are become unstable in Publisher. I believe manly those that I downloaded from the internet. Sometimes I’m not able to use them at all even though, they are still appearing installed. Or I just able to change part of the text and if I add more to it the whole text changes back to the previous font. In Word I do not have any problems with my downloaded fonts. Any idea what’s happening and what could be the solution? I appreciate your help. -- Vanillla Using: MW 2003, Excell 2003, PowerPoint, Publisher 2003, FP 2003, There are some fonts that you can download that do not in...

Business Portal 3.0 install error
Hi, I am getting the following error " Failed loading Packager Data Element (PD_REQUISITION) for Install Feature (Requisition)" MbfPackager Failed Loading Packager Data. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ...

Font problem with metafile
I have the following code to draw vertical text to a DC. LOGFONT lf; lf.lfEscapement = 900; lf.lfOrientation = 900; CFont font; font.CreateFontIndirect(&lf); CFont* pOldFont = pDC->SelectObject(&font); pDC->TextOut(...); .... it draws correctly on the screen but not to a metafile. When I insert the metafile to Word the text is not vertical. But on the save machine when I insert it to Excel the text is vertical. What could be the problem. Can anybody help me. xiaoguo ge, If the metafile looks like expected in Excel, but not in Word, I would normally say that this seems to...

How do I change the color of the font shadow in Publisher2003
I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and > highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Create a second text box with the merge field in, displace it slightly, send it behind the first text box and change the font colour. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Fonts in Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C65737.BA0C64B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do you change the DEFAULT font in Contacts? T ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C65737.BA0C64B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META con...

CRM 3.0 Client doesn't show up in the Add/Remove Programs list Win
I am trying to follow the procedure below, from the CRM Implementation manual chapter 21. However, I cannot do step 3, as every install I have done so far (offline & online) has not entered anything into Add\Remove programs. (The Windows admin said he sees the registry keys in place that disallow the ability to uninstall the app.) So is this documentation incorrect? Or, my actual question is: What is the recommended method for a complete and clean uninstall of the CRM Outlook client - both the online and offline versions ==== Excerpt from the manual ============ Uninstall the Micro...

Andy Font & Universal Font ...
I was able to download the Andy font recently, but had to reformat my HD. I believe it came with a Microsoft Publisher update, so I wasn't too worried. However, I cannot seem to locate the font again. I also understand the readers on this Newsgroup are incredibly intelligent and know everything in the world. Any clues on how I can get that font back. Also, since I'm on the topic, I could also use the Universal font. Thanks, buds. Don't think this font ever came with Publisher. Try alt.binaries.fonts -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps...

Increase font size
I have low vision and want to increase the text size read/send in Outlook, can someone help me...thanks...Gary ...

Online Update #3
Hello. Can anyone tell me if I can update the Microsoft Money Standard I have instaled in my computer from the Microsoft website? I'm asking because I live in Brazil and it seems that they accept only credit cards not issued in Brazil, which is not my case. I'd like to have a complete version of this software once the standard one is not able to run some functions. The brazilian Microsoft website doesn't sell this software, so my choice would be buying it at their north american website. I hope my request is completely clear. Thanks -- Psvieira MS have never issued updates...

Track in CRM (3): Sometimes work, sometimes does not
Hi there!! SET-UP: Outlook 2003 CRM 3 client for LAPTOP I have a user that seems to have encounter a strange problem... When he click on the "TRACK IN CRM" button in an open email, he sometimes get an error message, but sometimes he doesn't. The error is; "An error occured promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action." I doubt very much that it is a question of permission, the user having administrator role on the CRM. Anyone as a "hint" of where I ...

Something funny with fonts...?
I wonder if there's something strange going on with Microsoft Updates or something. My wife's XP machine and my Vista/64 system both are having font-loss problems concurrently... and we don't even share a network. Those fonts in the list with the image of an 'O' are unaffected, but older 'TT' (TrueType) fonts are disappearing from the system font list. We store all our fonts in another folder, and I can point the font installation utility to a font in that folder and click Install. Then I get a message that the font is already there, and sure enoug...

How do I print a font list using font name in the fonts?
I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that particular font. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FontSampleGenerator.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Rich641" <Rich641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB860C6E-32E3-4C5F-B695-0B479B9BE4CF@microsoft.com... >I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that >particular > font. > ...