Finding and installing additional Office Assistance for Office: Mac 2004

How can I find/install a different "office assistant?"

The only one that came with Office 2004 is the goofy 'Mac' computer
dude. I want my SupePup back like I had with the previous MS-Office
vX.

Can someone advise?

Thanks in advance...

Tim
0
tim9003 (1)

Get the assistants from the Value Pack on the Office X CD and put them (or
just the one you want) in the hard drive/apps/ms office
2004/office/assistants folder.
DM

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
11/11/2004 2:22:01 AM
On my MAC X CD there is no folder or anything called "Value Pack". There was
only the one CD in my kit. What am I missing?

> Get the assistants from the Value Pack on the Office X CD and put them (or
> just the one you want) in the hard drive/apps/ms office
> 2004/office/assistants folder.
> DM
>
> On 11/10/04 5:33 PM,  "tliszt" wrote:
>
>> How can I find/install a different "office assistant?"
>>
>> The only one that came with Office 2004 is the goofy 'Mac' computer
>> dude. I want my SupePup back like I had with the previous MS-Office
>> vX.
>>
>> Can someone advise?
>>
>> Thanks in advance...
>>
>> Tim

0
JCam90502 (1)
12/29/2004 5:29:31 AM
On 12/28/04 9:29 PM,  "Jeff Cameron" wrote:

> On my MAC X CD there is no folder or anything called "Value Pack". There was
> only the one CD in my kit. What am I missing?

What's a Mac X CD?

The Office X CD had a Value Pack folder, with lots of cliparts, assistants,
etc.

On the Office 2004 CD, there is no Value Pack folder. All that was moved or
removed, to keep the program fitting on one CD (I heard a rumor), but
supposedly it will someday be on the mactopia website for download.  It may
be there already, I have not checked recently.  However, you can still use
the clipart, assistants, etc from the Office X Value Pack, if you have
access to an Office X CD.  I believe you need to move the files manually,
not use the Value Pack installer.

Whether you feel like you are missing anything depends on whether you used
the clipart and the assistants.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/>

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

--B_3187166710_35678825

Would it work to simply email him one of the assistants � or all of them,
for that matter?

I would be lost without my doggie.

Best,

 - Bill

On 12/29/04 9:22 AM, in article BDF827EF.11650%daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID,
"Daiya Mitchell" <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote:

> On 12/28/04 9:29 PM,  "Jeff Cameron" wrote:
>
>> > On my MAC X CD there is no folder or anything called "Value Pack". There >>
was
>> > only the one CD in my kit. What am I missing?
>
> What's a Mac X CD?
>
> The Office X CD had a Value Pack folder, with lots of cliparts, assistants,
> etc.
>
> On the Office 2004 CD, there is no Value Pack folder. All that was moved or
> removed, to keep the program fitting on one CD (I heard a rumor), but
> supposedly it will someday be on the mactopia website for download.  It may
> be there already, I have not checked recently.  However, you can still use
> the clipart, assistants, etc from the Office X Value Pack, if you have
> access to an Office X CD.  I believe you need to move the files manually,
> not use the Value Pack installer.
>
> Whether you feel like you are missing anything depends on whether you used
> the clipart and the assistants.

Panther 10.3.6
Office 2004
Windows XP Pro SP2
Office 2003

--B_3187166710_35678825

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Finding and installing additional Office Assistance for Office: =
Mac 2004 - What &quot;Value Pack&quot;?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#000080"><FONT FACE=3D"Futura, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN =
STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>Would it work to simply email him one of the assist=
ants &#8211; or all of them, for that matter?<BR>
<BR>
I would be lost without my doggie.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Best,<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;- Bill<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Futura, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN S=
TYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><BR>
<BR>
On 12/29/04 9:22 AM, in article BDF827EF.11650%daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID=
, &quot;Daiya Mitchell&quot; &lt;daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Futura, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><S=
PAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>On 12/28/04 9:29 PM, &nbsp;&quot;Jeff Cameron&q=
uot; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
&gt; On my MAC X CD there is no folder or anything called &quot;Value Pack&=
quot;. There was<BR>
&gt; only the one CD in my kit. What am I missing?<BR>
<BR>
What's a Mac X CD?<BR>
<BR>
The Office X CD had a Value Pack folder, with lots of cliparts, assistants,=
<BR>
etc.<BR>
<BR>
On the Office 2004 CD, there is no Value Pack folder. All that was moved or=
<BR>
removed, to keep the program fitting on one CD (I heard a rumor), but<BR>
supposedly it will someday be on the mactopia website for download. &nbsp;I=
t may<BR>
be there already, I have not checked recently. &nbsp;However, you can still=
 use<BR>
the clipart, assistants, etc from the Office X Value Pack, if you have<BR>
access to an Office X CD. &nbsp;I believe you need to move the files manual=
ly,<BR>
not use the Value Pack installer.<BR>
<BR>
Whether you feel like you are missing anything depends on whether you used<=

the clipart and the assistants.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Futura, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><=
SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#000080"><BR>
<BR>
Panther 10.3.6<BR>
Office 2004<BR>
Windows XP Pro SP2<BR>
Office 2003<BR>
</FONT><BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3187166710_35678825--

0
bill9721 (43)
12/29/2004 8:05:07 PM
I imagine it should, assuming broadband both ends, the assistants are not
that small.  I think I managed to install assistants from Office 2001 into
Office 2004, so there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of sensitivity.

Daiya

On 12/29/04 12:05 PM,  "Bill Weylock" wrote:

> Would it work to simply email him one of the assistants � or all of them,
> for that matter?

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Existing word documents made on PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a number of documents made on a PC that include images - scanned, from the internet, etc. They look fine when opened by Word for PC, but when the same file is opened by me using Office 08 for Mac, some (not all) of the pictures appear absolutely minute, in the top left of the image box. The image box is still there, so the text alignment is not affected, but the rest of the text box is blank. I have even had a colleague open the file on her PC to show me the image is fine, then email me the same image - with the s...

Workbook cells won't hold formatting in Office 2007
I have Office 2007 running in Vista Home Premium. My system got FUBARed and had to be reloaded. Now my Excel workbooks won't keep the proper formatting in cells. I have them formatted as general so that I can type in something like 4 - 1. As soon as I do that it converts the formatting to Custom and puts it in as a 1-Apr. If I try to reformat the cell as general I then get 39904. If I enter it as space 4 - 1 then it enters correctly. How can I make the cell give me the correct information without putting a space in front of it? One way in to format the cell as Text B...

Error while installing CRM 3.0 02-01-07
i recieve an error while installing the msxml 4.0 hotfix that comes with the CRM 3.0 installation steps , the error message was "This KB887606_42 is for a different hardware platform" and my operating system is windows 2003 x64 ...

Installation files
I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Kirill wrote: >I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial >version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. >Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. You can download and install the Money 2006 trial version. When Money uses a file with ...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Windows Vista (KB972145) Fail Installation Error Code 80070020
When attempting to instal the Windows Vista (KB972145) I get an installation Failure Status with an error code 80070020. Any suggestions? Miss Mollie wrote: :: When attempting to instal the Windows Vista (KB972145) I get an :: installation Failure Status with an error code 80070020. Any :: suggestions? Some suggestions here: You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825 -- TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services http://taurarian.mvps.org ==============...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Will Excel 2004 run on SnowLeopard OS X 10.6?
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm a SW developer who uses a lot of VBA for Excel programing, for automaation and macros. Besides that, my customers use the spreadsheets I develop in Office for PC's. I know Office 2008 has no VBA for Excel, but I really need it. Can I install Office 2004 in my computer and will it run under Snow Leopard, so that I can keep on using VBA with Excel? Yes -- But do a fresh install. Don't try to 'migrate' Office from an earlier version of the OS if you're upgrading to 10.6 & you will have to use t...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Problem in installing file system driver
Hi, I am not able to install my .sys file filter driver.I have written .inf file and while installing this inf file its not giving any error also.Plz help me in solving this. my file filter driver file name is : *****************Here is My .inf file ******************************* [Version] Signature="$Chicago$" Class=MyDriver ClassGuid={286E934F-962E-4e1c-9729-1F65205A094F} Provider=%ADITI% DriverVer=01/22/2004,1.11.1111 [ClassInstall32] Addreg=MyDriverReg [MyDriverReg] HKR,,,,%DisplayClassName% HKR,,Icon,,"-5" [Manufacturer] %ADITI%="Aditi" [SourceDisk...

Find (but not find)

Installing a new HD in a Dell that doesn't have a HD. Was: Who has the license for XP, he or I?
As I said in a previous thread, a friend gave me a DELL Inspiron 9600 without the hard drive. It has the Product Key on the side, and it came with XP Pro** SP1, but so far my friend hasn't found the original OEM Dell reinstallation CD. I found one that is for XP Pro, but it's SP2, not SP1. Will it still work? Thanks for your help. **For some reason I thought it had had XP Home on it. BTW, I learned a lot in the previous thread about the ease and difficulties of taking a Dell Ccomputer without a hard drive and fixing it up. New questions and possible proble...

OutLook in XP Office Pro producing this error:
After upgrading from Office 2k to Office XP Pro, I am getting the following error message. I imported my "old" archive and it had/has a folder called "BladePro". Each time my archive runs, I get this message. I have searched my entire hard drive and there are no other archive folders so where is it finding a second "BladePro" folder? This is irritating, to say the least. Error while archiving folder "BladePro" in store "Archive Folders". A folder by this name already exists. If possible, please send your suggestions to: rweeks@cableon...

Finding an event

Microsoft Money 2004
I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE SAME SOFTWARE? Very, very disapointed. What information did you rely on to set your value expectation level that M04 was way different, indeed AUD$80 better, than M02? That might help explain it better than we can. "Paul Ward" <pbward@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04b401c35bb8$b9fea7d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can > somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE > SAME SOFTWARE? > > Very, very disa...

Limiting Out of Office Assistant responses.
We've had a request from the US District Court to filter out Out of Office Assistant replies to their mailbox. I have a specific address that I don't want OOA to reply to. Any ideas, on the client or server side, how I'd go about this? Thanks for your help. Randy. What about just setting up a rule to delete? -Hal "Randy Cushman" <rcushman@wolfgreenfield.com> wrote in message news:369401c3dc3f$564db750$3101280a@phx.gbl... > We've had a request from the US District Court to filter > out Out of Office Assistant replies to their mailbox. I > have...

cannot find database

I cant install mesenger
Hi...! I have a seriously problem... When im installing messenger it says: Instalation failed, Error %APPDATA%.... i have tried everything but i cant and i have the same problem when i want to install iTunes, Java and other programs..! I need help..! I really dont know what to do..!:confused: -- ElmerCampos Greetings Elmer, It sounds like something has misconfigured your system. Is that the entire error, or is there more to it (in which case, knowing what it is would be helpful). There's a similar issue which causes Messenger to "forget" saved username an...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Read Only Files in Mac
I regularly copy spreadsheets from a PC to Mac via CD burn The files always copy as read only, which means that I have to open & resave individually on the Mac This is easy to fix in explorer on the PAC but I cant work out how to change the read-only setting on the Mac. Any ideas Thanks, Kaval Hi this is probably not an Excel question but related to copying files from a CD -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kaval wrote: > I regularly copy spreadsheets from a PC to Mac via CD burn. > > The files always copy as read only, which means that I have to open & > res...